Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Roman1874

Just now, JamboAl said:

I hope that's a YES

Guy talks more shite than me, I wouldn't take any notice of what he says now.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Notts1874

• Victorian

• Morgan

14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

hopefully it will allow the likes of walker and Clare to focus on creating something, rather than back tracking and getting in position

On early evidence Walker will not play many games for us this season. Possibly the most anonymous of the whole cast of charlatans on Saturday. His best days are behind him. 

Eddie The Eagle
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I hope that's a YES

It was always a yes

a lot later than i was told granted 

5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

On early evidence Walker will not play many games for us this season. Possibly the most anonymous of the whole cast of charlatans on Saturday. His best days are behind him. 

It was a typical Walker performance. I don't know why anyone expected anything different.

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

You questioned the wisdom in signing Whelan.     If Walker,  or others,   are indeed intent on being anonymous charlatans,   the signing of Whelan will increase competition for places and decrease our reliance on players who are not delivering.   

Whelan is not a creative,  offensive player,   but the recruitment of players has a knock-on effect.     The obvious formational benefit is a squad better suited to a 4231 or 4141.

27 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Guy talks more shite than me, I wouldn't take any notice of what he says now.

Thats no possible Herb 🤪

28 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I was actually shocked how disinterested Jamie looked on Saturday. Showed no desire to influence the game and looked like he was just going through the motions . 

Probably one of the most disappointing players on the park . 

Really hope it was a one off because that was really worrying that performance from him . 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I was actually shocked how disinterested Jamie looked on Saturday. Showed no desire to influence the game and looked like he was just going through the motions . 

Really hope it was a one off because that was really worrying that performance from him . 

Thought he showed some great tracking back but going forward he was anonymous 

34 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You questioned the wisdom in signing Whelan.     If Walker,  or others,   are indeed intent on being anonymous charlatans,   the signing of Whelan will increase competition for places and decrease our reliance on players who are not delivering.   

Whelan is not a creative,  offensive player,   but the recruitment of players has a knock-on effect.     The obvious formational benefit is a squad better suited to a 4231 or 4141.

I don’t doubt the qualities he brings and I would expect him to be a starter benchmarked against other players available. I hope he does raise the quality. 

I don’t think any player would be intent on being anonymous but we had a few contenders on Saturday. The team doesn't improve greatly unless we find a better way to play though and that is down to coaching and management. 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Weller and the boys back together, or The KLF? Either way, I want a ticket. Plenty time for the grass to recover too. 😎

JAMMS, surely? 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Thought he showed some great tracking back but going forward he was anonymous 

I'm glad you said that, I thought it was just me. Nothing came off in an attacking sense but he worked hard and tracked back, I was pleasantly surprised by his work rate.

8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

JAMMS, surely? 

Justified Ancients of Mumu. 🤷🏻‍♂️

28 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I forgot he was playing. 

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Mu Mu.

True, but, as the lyrics said:

“Otherwise known as the JAMs”

(I reckon they only added the “s” to avoid the legal issues.) 🤔

FarmerTweedy
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Mu Mu.

Hmmm... Further googling suggests they did go by JAMs despite clearly calling themselves Mu Mu, not Mumu. Their lack of grammatical/spelling consistency is unacceptable. They're dead to me now.

Just now, Eddie The Eagle said:

You've got me there 

:thumbsup:- No offense mate actually hope it happens for you.-and the team!!! 

Eddie The Eagle
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

:thumbsup:- No offense mate actually hope it happens for you.-and the team!!! 

Ryotaro Meshino could be signing with Glenn

The Japanese Messi 

1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

The Japanese Messi 

Give your post ten minutes and he will be written off on here:unsure2:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm glad you said that, I thought it was just me. Nothing came off in an attacking sense but he worked hard and tracked back, I was pleasantly surprised by his work rate.

Agree. Think he lost a bit of enthusiasm bouncing off Draper and Vigurs. 2 good players for them 

4 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

The Japanese Messi 

Hope so cracking wee player

5 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

The Japanese Messi 

Any news on a Keeper?

6 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Japanese messi

24 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Meschino

5 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

The Japanese Messi 

Well done to Colonel Kurtz for the scoop!

7 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

The Japanese Messi 

Man City forum source 

Mate was on a train going to Edinburgh yesterday and was sat next to this lad and a bloke called Phil Robinson who’s something to do with our youth scouting and development. He was going up to talk to Hearts about a loan move. Apparently he’s talking to Hearts and 2 Dutch clubs who I assume are Brada and Twente.

FarmerTweedy
10 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

The Japanese Messi 

Too wee.

😉

Lord Beni of Gorgie

City have seen something,  forgive my ignorance,  but he doesn't seem to have played a lot of football. 

Any background on him?

BarneyBattles44
Just now, Eddie The Eagle said:

👍

Does the interest not go back to May on the Japanese lad ?

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

City have seen something,  forgive my ignorance,  but he doesn't seem to have played a lot of football. 

Any background on him?

YouTube video on the Man City forum link. Looks very skilful and not scared of a tackle. I can’t see him getting a work permit tho

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

YouTube video on the Man City forum link. Looks very skilful and not scared of a tackle. I can’t see him getting a work permit tho

Surely he has one if hes with city

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Surely he has one if hes with city

City sign a lot of players and immediately loan them out until they qualify for a permit. Been known in past that some players never receive permits 

8 minutes ago, bazman said:

City sign a lot of players and immediately loan them out until they qualify for a permit. Been known in past that some players never receive permits 

But not to another team in Britain surely? 

10 minutes ago, bazman said:

A Lot of their players go out to Dutch clubs right enough 

4 hours ago, McCrae said:

Sean Clare didn’t have a good game and I think he maybe one of the players commented about not winning headers. He is not a midfield General...and we need one.

I don’t think he had a good game either but just personally I don’t think whelan would have changed much about that game on Saturday. He’ll break the play up and play short simple passes, he’s not going to drive at players with pace and create chances which I think were missing. As I said I’ll be delighted if he signs but just think other areas are more important. 

53 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Give your post ten minutes and he will be written off on here:unsure2:

He’s already had a look round our training facilities. Would be a tremendous asset for us on a one year loan del 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

It depends - an outstanding talent in the SPL might not be an outstanding talent in the EPL, he might qualify up here.

11 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Exactly that's why I find it strange unless they managed to appeal and get him one

Just now, Smithee said:

It depends - an outstanding talent in the SPL might not be an outstanding talent in the EPL, he might qualify up here.

Can't see that working as it's the same Immigration Rules - unless that's been devolved since I've been sunning myself in Cyprus?

Eddie The Eagle
45 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Does the interest not go back to May on the Japanese lad ?

It was a different Japanese kid, who was on loan to Groningen that i was told about 2/3 weeks ago. I  don't know about the one from May I'm afraid Barney.

Just now, iainmac said:

Can't see that working as it's the same Immigration Rules - unless that's been devolved since I've been sunning myself in Cyprus?

I think the level of talent is in relation to the league that the person will work in. It would be unfair to have to argue against the same talent pool as the English Premiership.

• davemclaren locked this topic