Jump to content
Roman1874

Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Recommended Posts

Gambo
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

 

A good signing and primarily because of the guy you stab in the back but cuddle for a photo when given the chance 

 

Et tu Brute?

Still waiting on your observations of the thrilling Ross County game.

 

Photo taken with a playing legend, problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

More than average over the last few seasons

 

Compared to how many we signed before macphee joined 

 

Why do Irish players upset you so? 

 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Noticed in the interview that he talked up Levein as one of the main reasons he signed, 

 

That can't be right, he's regarded as a joke figure according to the kickback experts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_razors_edge

I’m on board with this signing if only because of the seethe it’s generated on twitter amongst celtic and hibs fans. Welcome Glenn 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Still waiting on your observations of the thrilling Ross County game.

 

Photo taken with a playing legend, problem?

 

What was this?

 

You seem quite measured although anti-Levein.

 

 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick

Wow! This is welcome news to wake up to. Given the length of time that had gone on I thought there was no chance of the deal being completed. Thankfully, I was wrong. Every team needs a player like Whelan.

 

Now hopefully he pairs up with Damour and Clare is punted to the bench. Let the front 4 play with freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

 

What was this?

 

You seem quite measured although anti-Levein.

 

 

Folk mixing up not liking Leveins style of football management with Levein the person. (Basically Levein FC supporters who struggle to read).

My son was a mascot v Dundee, Neilson, Hartley, Levein came out in dugout area as team's warmed up, got pics taken with all 3, put the pic up on here with Levein as a wee bit of banter ........result nashing of teeth. Folk wanted me to go give Levein an ear bashing on a day out for mascots.

It give the Levein FC fans something to cling onto when they have to ignore the truth I comment about games and how we play under Levein, even the ones I praise him in.

JKB summed up in one post.

Edited by Gambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Folk mixing up not liking Leveins style of football management with Levein the person. (Basically Levein FC supporters who struggle to read).

My son was a mascot v Dundee, Neilson, Hartley, Levein came out in dugout area as team's warmed up, got pics taken with all 3, put the pic up on here with Levein as a wee bit of banter ........result nashing of teeth. Folk wanted me to go give Levein an ear bashing on a day out for mascots.

JKB summed up in one post.

 

Would have been quite funny if you had!

 

Was Levein decent person to person?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo
5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

 

Would have been quite funny if you had!

Would have no problem telling Levein his football is shite at the right occasion, im sure Levein could handle that other people have different views (& he did not waste a £1 on me) big day out for mascots was not the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Would have no problem telling Levein his football is shite at the right occasion, im sure Levein could handle that other people have different views (& he did not waste a £1 on me) big day out for mascots was not the place.

 

All joking aside it’s been a tough 5 years for you.

 

Your most detested player managing us and your most detested manager coming back to manage us.

 

You probably needed a cuddle. From anyone, even Levein....

 

😂😂😂😂

Edited by Jammy T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
37 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I’m on board with this signing if only because of the seethe it’s generated on twitter amongst celtic and hibs fans. Welcome Glenn 👍🏻

 

Why would they care? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
28 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wow! This is welcome news to wake up to. Given the length of time that had gone on I thought there was no chance of the deal being completed. Thankfully, I was wrong. Every team needs a player like Whelan.

 

Now hopefully he pairs up with Damour and Clare is punted to the bench. Let the front 4 play with freedom.

 

Wondering if a 4-3-3 might suit us best?

 

                  Joel

 

Smith Halkett Berra White

 

    Whelan Clare Damour 

 

 Washington Uche Naismith 

 

 

The forward 3 could easily have Mulraney or Walker in it depending on form, opposition or injuries. Clare would have the freedom to drive forward and support the attack. White and Smith would be covered by having Damour and Whelan in there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

just like your posts

 

 

:look:

 

Hark at William feckin Shakespeare here.  :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

New Glenn Whelan song to the tune of Dancing on the Ceiling:

 

man what in the world is happening with that ball

I don't have a clue

let's get Levein out

 

what is happening here

jambos are on the beer

Berra just smashed the lights

We're trying to have a party

but the tactics are shite

 

chorus

Oohhh what a feeling

when we're watching Glenn Whelan

 

Ooohhh what a feeling

when we're watching Glenn Whelan

 

:lol: I'll get my coat

 

When you say "new"............ 

13072116_1076118219094012_858907845_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Wondering if a 4-3-3 might suit us best?

 

                  Joel

 

Smith Halkett Berra White

 

    Whelan Clare Damour 

 

 Washington Uche Naismith 

 

 

The forward 3 could easily have Mulraney or Walker in it depending on form, opposition or injuries. Clare would have the freedom to drive forward and support the attack. White and Smith would be covered by having Damour and Whelan in there.

 

4 3 3 good for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah O
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

When you say "new"............ 

13072116_1076118219094012_858907845_o.jpg

Magnificent.  Hopefully the SSO get that baby unfurled on Friday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Wondering if a 4-3-3 might suit us best?

 

                  Joel

 

Smith Halkett Berra White

 

    Whelan Clare Damour 

 

 Washington Uche Naismith 

 

 

The forward 3 could easily have Mulraney or Walker in it depending on form, opposition or injuries. Clare would have the freedom to drive forward and support the attack. White and Smith would be covered by having Damour and Whelan in there.

 

That formation would be good.

 

Not a chance it’ll happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haringshairband
7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

When you say "new"............ 

13072116_1076118219094012_858907845_o.jpg

:lol: I genuinely didn't know it was already a song. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland

Did he have a full pre-season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John mcCartney
Posted (edited)

well done to all parties in pulling this together
just got from an excruciating long day at work although heard the news on talkbollocks news at drivetime this eve

someone ****ing commanding in midfield,wowza !!!!!!
the link to his stats are very impressive altho need to compliment with clare and damour.....mr clare ,time to step up

Edited by John mcCartney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
5 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

well done to all parties in pulling this together
just got from an excruciating long day at work although heard the news on talkbollocks news at drivetime this eve

someone ****ing commanding in midfield,wowza !!!!!!
the link to his stats are very impressive altho need to compliment with clare and damour.....mr clare ,time to step up

:yas:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo
38 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

 

All joking aside it’s been a tough 5 years for you.

 

Your most detested player managing us and your most detested manager coming back to manage us.

 

You probably needed a cuddle. From anyone, even Levein....

 

😂😂😂😂

Neilson was okay as manager until Levein stuck his oar in.

The last 2 seasons have been tough on any Hearts fan, 2 6th place finishes tells you that.

How was our performance on Saturday, I missed your posts commenting on after the game so remind me. Seen your thoughts pre game so no need to remind me of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Did he have a full pre-season?

 

Nah, he’s seeing a specialist about his dodgy knees tomorrow. Be fine for the top six split though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Nah, he’s seeing a specialist about his dodgy knees tomorrow. Be fine for the top six split though. 

 

It was a genuine question but thanks for your valuable contribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Nah, he’s seeing a specialist about his dodgy knees tomorrow. Be fine for the top six split though. 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Neilson was okay as manager until Levein stuck his oar in.

The last 2 seasons have been tough on any Hearts fan, 2 6th place finishes tells you that.

How was our performance on Saturday, I missed your posts commenting on after the game so remind me. Seen your thoughts pre game so no need to remind me of them.

 

😂👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T
17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Neilson was okay as manager until Levein stuck his oar in.

The last 2 seasons have been tough on any Hearts fan, 2 6th place finishes tells you that.

How was our performance on Saturday, I missed your posts commenting on after the game so remind me. Seen your thoughts pre game so no need to remind me of them.

 

I have commented bits on various threads

 

To be fair not one single thread on this ****ing place has stayed on topic in months so it’s no surprise you haven’t seen any or might have missed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

It was a genuine question but thanks for your valuable contribution.

 

Wee joke. Don’t be precious. He’s fit to play on Friday, I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Wee joke. Don’t be precious. He’s fit to play on Friday, I believe.

 

Cheers 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
siegementality
4 hours ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Ok ask me who is next in the door and I'll tell you 

Sigh, at this time of night the next person through the door will probably be the cleaner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
28 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Sigh, at this time of night the next person through the door will probably be the cleaner.

Not really sure why you follow him all over the board getting upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marooned In Ireland
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

Why would they care? 

 

Still a percentage of backward neanderthals of the green persuasion who think an Irishman shouldn't sign for the 'diets' as they eloquently (buried in irony and contradiction) might put it. 

Edited by Marooned In Ireland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JAMBOANDO
6 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

 

Both nations are above Scotland in the FIFA rankings.

 

We are signing players who play for these international teams.

 

 

This.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tntjambo

another good player that well quickly become shite under leviene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arthur Morgan
3 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

another good player that well quickly become shite under leviene

 

Who? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Marooned In Ireland said:

 

Still a percentage of backward neanderthals of the green persuasion who think an Irishman shouldn't sign for the 'diets' as they eloquently (buried in irony and contradiction) might put it. 

 

****ing morons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arthur Morgan

We wouldn't accept him at Hearts because we are 'staunch', apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PB21
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Wondering if a 4-3-3 might suit us best?

 

                  Joel

 

Smith Halkett Berra White

 

    Whelan Clare Damour 

 

 Washington Uche Naismith 

 

 

The forward 3 could easily have Mulraney or Walker in it depending on form, opposition or injuries. Clare would have the freedom to drive forward and support the attack. White and Smith would be covered by having Damour and Whelan in there.

 

Like the set up, for me though Uche is bench material at moment. He looks a little lost at moment. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
9 hours ago, Gambo said:

Folk mixing up not liking Leveins style of football management with Levein the person. (Basically Levein FC supporters who struggle to read).

My son was a mascot v Dundee, Neilson, Hartley, Levein came out in dugout area as team's warmed up, got pics taken with all 3, put the pic up on here with Levein as a wee bit of banter ........result nashing of teeth. Folk wanted me to go give Levein an ear bashing on a day out for mascots.

It give the Levein FC fans something to cling onto when they have to ignore the truth I comment about games and how we play under Levein, even the ones I praise him in.

JKB summed up in one post.

To be fair it’s your ‘ truth’ Gambo not everyone’s. 

no problems with the pics, would probably do the same myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartofIron
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wow! This is welcome news to wake up to. Given the length of time that had gone on I thought there was no chance of the deal being completed. Thankfully, I was wrong. Every team needs a player like Whelan.

 

Now hopefully he pairs up with Damour and Clare is punted to the bench. Let the front 4 play with freedom.

Clare was the best player on the park on Saturday.  Only time we looked like creating something was when he got on the ball and ran at people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We wouldn't accept him at Hearts because we are 'staunch', apparently. 

Sadly that's probably true of a handful of wee arseholes who pretend to support our club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion

Whelan is a snarly wee git,just what we need.🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eddie The Eagle
12 hours ago, merrymac said:

Come on @Eddie The Eagle  your on a roll:thumbsup:

Smash it with another hot exclusive!!

Meshino but Krutz beat me to it the other day 

 

Terms agreed with the lad and Man City 

 

Just the work permit now 

 

No idea if we'll be successful with it though 

 

We have to prove the lad is an outstanding talent, which he clearly is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Meshino but Krutz beat me to it the other day 

 

Terms agreed with the lad and Man City 

 

Just the work permit now 

 

No idea if we'll be successful with it though 

 

We have to prove the lad is an outstanding talent, which he clearly is 

 

As said elsewhere, logic would dictate that the fact that Man City signed him, I think for £900k, and that he would improve us, should make the decision relatively straightforward.

 

If it is knocked back, then serious questions need to be asked by the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eddie The Eagle
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

 

As said elsewhere, logic would dictate that the fact that Man City signed him, I think for £900k, and that he would improve us, should make the decision relatively straightforward.

 

If it is knocked back, then serious questions need to be asked by the club.

I believe the fact that Man City will also push this as well, should see a favourable outcome 

 

In saying that the Scottish hierarchy have previous form in shafting the non old firm clubs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
Just now, Eddie The Eagle said:

I believe the fact that Man City will also push this as well, should see a favourable outcome 

 

In saying that the Scottish hierarchy have previous form in shafting the non old firm clubs 

 

That is my only concern, given they only care about the ersecheeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah O
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

EB_cO26W4AAP2cF.jpeg

Wonder if we could get one of him on a UJ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
merrymac
1 hour ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Meshino but Krutz beat me to it the other day 

 

Terms agreed with the lad and Man City 

 

Just the work permit now 

 

No idea if we'll be successful with it though 

 

We have to prove the lad is an outstanding talent, which he clearly is 

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Wonder if we could get one of him on a UJ. 

 

 

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...