Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Roman1874

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, gov said:

by sounds of it the guy has already signed but not been announced as of yet. expect it tonight/Tomorrow

Until Hearts announce it (and if he has, why delay?  Us fans are pissed off enough as it is) then I'm sceptical he will.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Notts1874

• Victorian

• Morgan

Heartsofgold
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Haggling with Hearts. Wants to stay in a Premier Inn instead of Travel Lodge on his journey up to train a couple of times a week.

Premier Inn a tenner extra a night. 

Well bollocks to that then.  He can do one.  Although, Premier's beds are VERY comfy.

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Until Hearts announce it (and if he has, why delay?  Us fans are pissed off enough as it is) then I'm sceptical he will.

If he hasn't/isn't, then his wife has played an absolute blinder in trolling the **** out of us

they are still putting out interviews with the new GK etc, i dont know if he has signed but by what others are saying then its done. the club may want to annouce it tomorrow which is there right.

''us fans'' being pissed off is not going to change how they want to reveal a player 

Well bollocks to that then.  He can do one.  Although, Premier's beds are VERY comfy.

😁.......Can you make up the tenner a night then, bud?

5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

**** me is this guy signing or not???  He's now trained twice with the team.

He's signed. Relax.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

He's signed. Relax.

Notts, I generally trust you but after that debacle on Saturday the quicker we get him into the team and on the training ground marshalling our non-existent midfield the ****ing better mate.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Be calm, my friend. All is well.

Again, Mr President I trust what you say but my BP is still well over safe limits after Saturday.

alwaysthereinspirit
49 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Would we be signing any one of them if we'd made even a half decent start to the season?

Looks like panic to me.

Cuckoo,:bigyawn: cuckoo. :bigyawn:

Big thing for me is that he's training with the squad.  I don't care when or if they announce it - they can announce it by releasing the team lines on fri night with him in it if they want.

But he's been training with the squad for a couple of days so all is good.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Notts, I generally trust you but after that debacle on Saturday the quicker we get him into the team and on the training ground marshalling our non-existent midfield the ****ing better mate.

Good job he is already training with the squad then.

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

As Notts says mate, he’s been training with us. Saw it for myself.  👍🏻

Heartsofgold
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Good job he is already training with the squad then.

Then why have the club not announced him as a permanent signing mate.  Can't be too many hurdles in the way?  He's a free agent and any '13th' month payment due will have been made if applicable.

Again, trust what you say but...….

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Good but I want an official notification mate.  Sorry!

Heartsofgold

However, just had a peek at the old mymothersmysister.net and they are shitting themselves about him signing for us.

Giving it the 'He's over ' and 'his legs have gone' shite.

****ing mutants that they are.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Then why have the club not announced him as a permanent signing mate.  Can't be too many hurdles in the way?  He's a free agent and any '13th' month payment due will have been made if applicable.

Again, trust what you say but...….

Doing interviews , making daft gifs? Who knows. The keeper was signed a couple of days ago and he was only announced today. He has signed. Relax.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Doing interviews , making daft gifs? Who knows. The keeper was signed a couple of days ago and he was only announced today. He has signed. Relax.

Any idea of the contract length?

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Of course. It’s possible to be gazumped at the 11th hour because it happens in football. 

But i think we are smart enough to have played the situation to our benefit. 

Heartsofgold
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Doing interviews , making daft gifs? Who knows. The keeper was signed a couple of days ago and he was onlgiphy.gify announced today. He has signed. Relax.

Edited by Heartsofgold

6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Notts is official notification, trust me 👍

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

A4 I think

But was it double sided with clauses added to 'help find his legs' as they have supposedly gone!

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

But was it double sided with clauses added to 'help find his legs' as they have supposedly gone!

Live footage of his medical

alwaysthereinspirit
21 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Any idea of the contract length?

4 years with a club option appears the going rate.

Jambo 4 Ever
37 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

However, just had a peek at the old mymothersmysister.net and they are shitting themselves about him signing for us.

Giving it the 'He's over ' and 'his legs have gone' shite.

****ing mutants that they are.

We’d be saying the same if it were the other way around.

infact I remember some here saying Defoe was finished and they would rather have Uche... how silly do they look now!!

I’m rather underwhelmed by this signing if it goes the through 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Would we be signing any one of them if we'd made even a half decent start to the season?

Looks like panic to me.

(See pic) nothing panicky about it....

1 hour ago, Barack said:

This'll be fun.

Indeed 

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Hope not, think we would struggle to replace his hatred of Levein on this board 😎

Not really , would be back in 5mins called 2.54cm Hearts like the other crazies.

42 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Surely not if he’s a panic buy , also he is being chased by Hibs and Aberdeen so.....😶

2C19B781-E568-4BFE-8D74-FA3541ED5B6E.jpeg

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

I am not happy with what I saw on Saturday and other days but I still believe we can turn it around as I can see we are building long term. Continuity is incredibly important at any club. Too many fans simply have no patience and most have never built a business or anything else so I wouldn't expect them to in one way.

I understand the frustrations but it would be mental to "empty" a manger having brought these players in - only a simpleton sees things in these terms. Apart from anything else it would be very costly and disruptive.

Nevertheless, I  expect us to have improved quite substantially by the end of October or I would expect Levein to step down and someone else  take over. If we do improve into a top four position I still expect he will go back to DoF role at the end of the season anyway.

How very condescending! 

Not only do you speak down to me as if I've never ran a business before, but you then tar me with a "Simpleton" brush, if you've built your own business I sincerely hope you don't speak to your employees in the same manner. 

As  a matter of fact, I do run my own business and do rather well at it and have a cosy lifestyle, I don't run it by making the same mistakes over and over and expecting different results though, just like Craig Levein appears to do. 

My position is this, Levein has had more than long enough to turn things around, his tactics are eye bleeding and his substitutions are utterly baffling at times, he plays players out of position, or he plays half fit players risking further injury, his style of play is horrendous to the eye (side baw, side baw, hoooof!), and he has zero plan B!

The fans are now voting with their feet and crowds are dropping, money is leaving the club as a result of his complete and utter mismanagement, and he quite simply needs to go, no ifs, no buts, he's had more than his fair share of time to turn things around, he needs to go!

That said, if he went before these pieces of transfer business were concluded, then it might damage the chances of getting them in, which is why I'm happy for him to oversee getting them in and then he can GTF and let someone else gel the team together. We have a decent squad of players, but we won't do anything letting that utter buffoon stay in charge of the team until October! 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, graygo said:

The Old Tollboth can take on the role now that he hates Levein this season.  ;) 

Ha ha, that's just it mate, I don't actually hate him, I just think he's a useless manager, I actually quite like the guy if truth be told and I desperately wanted it to work, but it's failed, spectacularly. 

18 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I’m rather underwhelmed by this signing if it goes the through 

:wtfvlad:

Seems to have a very productive day down Gorgie.

If we can add a striker or two and a winger then this potentially has the award for the best window since Burley was shuffling around Riccarton.

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:wtfvlad:

He isn’t keen on foreign players. Might be that? 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He isn’t keen on foreign players. Might be that? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Except?

58B27239-8D71-4DDF-AA83-27ED400363AE.jpeg

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

There's a shock. You sound like you would be a riot on a night out.

A night out?

In Hamilton?

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Except?

58B27239-8D71-4DDF-AA83-27ED400363AE.jpeg

Indeed. The guy is complex, that’s for sure.

A genius on .net wrote this about Whelan earlier this evening.

I disagree. I've seen a fair bit of him in last few seasons & he's very 1 dimensional & a slow 1 dimensional at that. He'll be employed to try & win the ball then knock it backwards for Berra to Hooooooooof!! I can see merit in most of their signings this summer, even the guys I hadn't heard of, but I'm really totally ok with this one.

BackOfTheNet
25 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Is this to be another F5 smash-a-thon?

Hearts social media focusing on the Colts tonight so doubt it. If he’s signed then tomorrow is my guess.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I disagree. I've seen a fair bit of him in last few seasons & he's very 1 dimensional & a slow 1 dimensional at that. He'll be employed to try & win the ball then knock it backwards for Berra to Hooooooooof!! I can see merit in most of their signings this summer, even the guys I hadn't heard of, but I'm really totally ok with this one.

****ing hilarious.  Totally oblivious to the fact that it was Whelan’s form that enabled their wee £3m prince Incestiesta and that Home Bargains Beckham beside him to have the season of their lives 😂😂😂.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

****ing hilarious.  Totally oblivious to the fact that it was Whelan’s form that enabled their wee £3m prince Incestiesta and that Home Bargains Beckham beside him to have the season of their lives 😂😂😂.

They just get better and better over there eh?

Or should I have said ‘bitter and bitter’?

:lol: 

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Meant to add, loving ‘Incestiesta’ and ‘Home Bargains Beckham’ btw!

:rofl:

23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

They are a strange bunch. 500 top level games, 80 caps for Eire.

Hibs fans = 1 dimensional. 

Whatever makes them feel better about themselves. 🤷‍♂️

• davemclaren locked this topic