Jump to content

Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)


Roman1874

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • BarneyBattles44

    109

  • Victorian

    53

  • Notts1874

    53

  • Morgan

    52

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Scarf above the heid?

Or just pre-emptively getting the thread started after reading the transfer one? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado

Love his quote about being lucky with injuries, "I've never been quick enough to pull a hamstring".

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Love his quote about being lucky with injuries, "I've never been quick enough to pull a hamstring".

 

Hearts are the perfect club to test such luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

He  found out he had been released by missed calls on his mobi

 

 

Is that right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie_Rules
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is that right?

 

He was out of contract and it wasn’t renewed after their promotion to the Premier League.

 

We were linked with him in the Irish press last month. Played a good amount of games last two seasons at a good level. Would be a great signing

Edited by Gorgie_Rules
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

 

He was out of contract and it wasn’t renewed after their promotion to the Premier League.

 

We were linked with him in the Irish press last month. Played a good amount of games last two seasons at a good level. Would be a great signing

Thanks, didn’t know all that. :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

So is the Morrison stuff over and done with? (If he ever was going to sign)

His day is tomorrow 😉

 

One signing a day. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo
Link to post
Share on other sites

36 in January. :ninja: 

 

That said, 35 league games for Villa last season. Welcome to the end of your career Glenn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Reported in Evening News now. 

Hearts are in talks with Republic of Ireland internationalist Glenn Whelan as they look to beef up their midfield for the campaign ahead.

The 35-year-old is a free agent after leaving Aston Villa, where he made more than 70 appearances - the majority as a starter - over the past two seasons.

Whelan, who spent almost a decade with Stoke City in the English Premier League prior to joining Villa, is currently in Edinburgh to speak with Hearts management and look around the club’s facilities.

 

Hearts are eager to recruit a robust holding midfielder to cover for the injured Peter Haring and Whelan, who has amassed close to 100 international caps and remains part of Mick McCarthy’s squad, is viewed as an ideal contender to fill the void.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

36 in January. :ninja: 

 

That said, 35 league games for Villa last season. Welcome to the end of your career Glenn.

Feel happier if he plays at Pittodrie rather than the alternatives,  IF he signs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Hearts are in talks with Republic of Ireland internationalist Glenn Whelan as they look to beef up their midfield for the campaign ahead.

The 35-year-old is a free agent after leaving Aston Villa, where he made more than 70 appearances - the majority as a starter - over the past two seasons.

Whelan, who spent almost a decade with Stoke City in the English Premier League prior to joining Villa, is currently in Edinburgh to speak with Hearts management and look around the club’s facilities.

 

Hearts are eager to recruit a robust holding midfielder to cover for the injured Peter Haring and Whelan, who has amassed close to 100 international caps and remains part of Mick McCarthy’s squad, is viewed as an ideal contender to fill the void.

 

They've gone far, but not far enough

Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartsofgold

So he’s not signed yet then. Great signing if he does but until I see a scarf above the head pic I’ll keep my man juice firmly in its place. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles44

Whelan was mentioned by someone on here

 

Think was yesterday

 

I replied to his post

 

Perfect type of player for us in MF 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a great signing for us but I'll wait until I see the scarf above the head before I get excited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
36 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If we got Whelan and Morrison I may do a little sex wee.

I've allready shoved a bumper pack of Tenna Man (heavy soil) down my pants. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Can he not be registered today if it’s done in time? 

 

Cross border transfers need an extra stage even if, I think he has left club. 

 

"International clearance". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie_Rules

                     Bobby

        Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith    Whelan Haring      Hickey

            Naismith  Walker

                     Uche

 

Solid looking side with plenty of backup :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

                     Bobby

        Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith    Whelan Haring      Hickey

            Naismith  Walker

                     Uche

 

Solid looking side with plenty of backup :thumbsup:

So Whelan has signed ye?

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles44
6 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

So Whelan has signed ye?

Haring is in that side n he is out

Uche isn't fit enough

Naismith may play

 

The post suggests our strongest side 

 

If / when whelan signs

Edited by BarneyBattles44
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

                     Bobby

        Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith    Whelan Haring      Hickey

            Naismith  Walker

                     Uche

 

Solid looking side with plenty of backup :thumbsup:

 

Washington instead of Uche.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

                     Bobby

        Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith    Whelan Haring      Hickey

            Naismith  Walker

                     Uche

 

Solid looking side with plenty of backup :thumbsup:

 

Bobby

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey/White

Whelan Haring

Walker Clare Naismith

Washington

 

This would be my choice, when all fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Never Let Them Forget

                    Bobby 

       Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith                            Hickey

           Whelan     Clare

                  Walker

      Washington Naismith 

Link to post
Share on other sites
YouLetYourClubDie
Just now, Gershwin said:

I've heard he's getting paraded on stage before the concert tonight.

Hearing that Levein is en route to Morrisons to buy a pack of pens as we have ran out of pens at Riccarton so Whelan couldn't sign 😯😥

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Hearing that Levein is en route to Morrisons to buy a pack of pens as we have ran out of pens at Riccarton so Whelan couldn't sign 😯😥

 

Good to see Morrison has already moved in to his Penicuik flat :pleasing:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict it will take him three games before the usual suspects say he is crap and allude to his lack of ‘pace’.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Any one know a quick cure for swelling around the groin area?

 

image.jpg

 

You’re welcome 👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I've heard he's getting paraded on stage before the concert tonight.

During the Jurassic Park section I heard

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Any one know a quick cure for swelling around the groin area?

 

7FB83977-BA5B-4D0D-B839-220BD3F32D91.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • davemclaren locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...