Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated )

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Obviously not far off the back of the last window but thought there should be a thread for the summer since we'll be linked with pre-contracts over the next few months.

My assessment of the squad for next season as it stands. Tiers are fluid so don't read too much into that.

Think we will be looking for a LB (Penrice) and someone to replace Beni if he goes. Other than that, could do with more quality in the middle of the park. Exciting times to be a Jambo.

image.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

Not wanting to pi55 on your chips mate, but there's a two pager on this subject already running. In case you put a lot more time and effort in!

EDIT - Actually, hold that - it was started as a joke because 1st February was too early. Carry on and ignore me!

Edited by Daktari

Lone Striker

The biggest risk in the summer window revolves around Shanks, imo.   Assuming he doesn't sign an extension and shines at the Euros after getting 30-odd goals for us, the timing of a huge bid will present a problem for us.   We could reject a few bids in the £1m-£2m range, but if a £4m bid  arrives in late August, what do we do ?   It's probably too late to rely on another club accepting our offer for their star striker - so imo, we should be preparing a list of possible replacements  NOW with the intention of making an offer in the summer regardless of whether Shanks wants to move on or not.  No reason why we couldn't play both of them if the timing overlaps.

We also need experienced cover for Halks (or in place of)

1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Obviously not far off the back of the last window but thought there should be a thread for the summer since we'll be linked with pre-contracts over the next few months.

My assessment of the squad for next season as it stands. Tiers are fluid so don't read too much into that.

image.thumb.png.fb8d950965d2c0edcc3040264d0a2c97.png

Think we will be looking for a LB (Penrice) and someone to replace Beni if he goes. Other than that, could do with more quality in the middle of the park. Exciting times to be a Jambo.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Nice!  A few of them squad players want a word though, chief...

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Mods, not sure what happened with those copy images, could they be removed?

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Nice!  A few of them squad players want a word though, chief...

Fair enough, I was going off the basis that the relative level is 'Comfortably best of the rest', and ranked the players accordingly. Few guys marked down for injury proneness who would otherwise be up a tier like Halks, Baz etc. Any in particular you disagree with?

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

image.thumb.png.fb8d950965d2c0edcc3040264d0a2c97.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Nice job. I appreciate a good bit of visual data :D 

It will be an interesting summer for sure. 

I think on Shankland, we're entirely dependent on him signing that extension, otherwise we'll need to make a decison on if we run his contract down, or if we cash in. Personally, I want Shankland to be the player we spend the next 30-40 years telling our kids and grandkids about. So unless he's deadset on going, I'd like the club to keep trying to get a deal thrashed out. Budges loan will be paid back in October (which will free up c£125k per month apparently) and the hotel already has c£200k in bookings. We have the money to get a deal done and our finances are only going to improve. 

Regardless of whether or not Shanks extends, I think we'll need another striker. Vargas isn't Shankland, his style of play is entirely different and I think someone who could come in and do a similar job - albeit not to the same standard, is important. We have a style of play we want to play to, we shouldn't be willingly weakening ourselves in the even Shanks is injured or can't play for whatever reason. Maybe Boyce can do it, but with all his injuries, I think we'd be silly to rely on his fitness. Difficulty is though, no quality player will willingly sit on the bench behind Shanks. I think Kevin Van Veen could be a sensible choice. He'll be 33, so age not on his side. With the increased games next season, he would likely get game time and like Shanks, pace isn't his game (so age maybe not as huge an issue). 

I don't really rate our wide players. I'm being harsh here, but I think its important because we need to improve our build up play and having the quality to break teams down with greater ease - McKay is now looking quite injury prone and has difficulty performing in big games. Forrest has a fantastic workrate, but his final ball is dreadful and his decision making in the final 3rd isn't great. Oda has been up and down constantly and I don't think can be relied on consistently. Vargas isn't a winger, neither is Tagawa. Dhanda as I understand it, is an attacking midfielder that can also play on the wing (ie not a winger). I think we need a winger. I would like Danny Armstrong, I would also like Luke McCowan. I don't think we'll get Armstrong, but McCowan, I think is within our powers to get and looks like a proper winger. 

Beni's future is still up in the air. If he doesn't sign, I would go for Jeando Fuchs. Bit of a different player, but still a defensive mid. 

RB, I don't know what Naismith wants to do, does he want to play 3 or 4 at the back? If its 3, we need a wingback, if its 4 we need a more wellrounded type that can defend but also not be useless when we need to attack. Natty is doing well, but would like another too. Strain one option that has been talked about. 

I suppose the good thing is we shouldn't see much squad turnover and the positions we need improvements in are more in the want territory than the NEED territory (I want an improvement on Forrest vs we NEEDED Kent or someone like him last January)

25 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Fair enough, I was going off the basis that the relative level is 'Comfortably best of the rest', and ranked the players accordingly. Few guys marked down for injury proneness who would otherwise be up a tier like Halks, Baz etc. Any in particular you disagree with?

All of them!  All of them!!!!!!

Na, prob Baz, Halks, Newy, Dev, even Nat.  These are good first XI boys.

I guess the idea of first XI is a bit outdated anyway, now I think of it.  You need a good 17/18, of course there will be stars within it like a Shanks, and maybe a Mr undroppable like Kent, but you need to have guys who all play their part eh.  Not often you play same xi two weeks in a row, frankly

Finlay James

Unless we lose anyone, minor tweaks is all that is required with 1-2 quality additions.  

3 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

image.png

Enjoying your work, even if Unbelievably harsh on McKay and Halkett. 

Whilst I love a bit of Kenny Vargas, the two above have hit a level he is yet to arrive at. 

Heavy dose of supposition aside, decent post. 

4 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

image.png

Good work. Nobody is going to fully agree with all the players in all the categories but gets you thinking about where we are at 👍

Some players in our league that we could look at (obviously not all of them)

Yan Dhanda

James Penrice

Luke McCowan

Lyall Cameron

Dan Phillips

Ryan Strain

Keanu Baccus 

Daniel Armstrong

Obviously as you say tiers are fluid but I’d say Natty & Hof if they continue their form this season should be considered first xi picks. McKay & Halkett if they shake their injury woes are there too. Cochrane I’d have top level.

If as expected Beni goes then we’ll need a similar quality defensive midfielder. Cammy & Hof are wasted in a holding role, I see them as competing for the role of midfield runner.

It looks like we’ll work towards using a 4-2-3-1 (based on how Naismith wants us playing eventually). If we bring Dhanda in then the 3 in that system should be well covered, McKay could play either CAM or out left, Grant/Dhanda could play central and Forrest/Vargas/Oda can play the wide positions. There’s a pathway for guys like McLuckie into the first team too.

I really hope we see Makenzie Kirk make a breakthrough next season, he’s not had a sniff so far at Hamilton which is a shame but he’ll still learn from being part of a first team dressing room and hopefully the chance to play comes. Treat him similarly to Tait and get him a few sub appearances, he’s clearly too

good for the B team so unless he goes somewhere in the lower SPFL tiers where he’s starting then we’re as well having him around our squad and getting him integrated.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Yan Dhanda

James Penrice

Luke McCowan

Lyall Cameron

Dan Phillips

Ryan Strain

Keanu Baccus 

Daniel Armstrong

Why do we need to look at Dhanda?

He’s already signed.

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Massive clear out required...

same energy. 

mental that Hearts are having a great season, but only 9 players are considered by the OP as starters. 

14 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He’s already signed.

Aye I know, scarf above head and all that

spacerjoe
7 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

image.png

That's quite a lot of players out of contract.

Might need to open a second hotel ...

I like a bit of visualisation, but there are some deranged choices here. Increasing contract lengths going blue to yellow to grey to orange to pink? Centre-backs listed right-to-left and full-backs left-to-right? Unconscionable.

ScandinavianJambo

I'll give be this thread 1 week to derail...

Nevertheless, I will be drawn to it...

tiger Rudi

All I want is a RB and a winger. A McCann or maybe a Milinkovich type? Not too much to ask for is it? 😁

If we could find a player that can get to the bye line and can deliver a decent ball, both Vargas and Shanks will score even more goals. 

I'm sure Vargas must know a few cheaper options back home?

Revision needed to the above if Beni and Shanks leave of course. 

I do not want Van Veen. He would have been ideal on loan till the end of the season, but we really shouldn't be paying money for a 33 year old in the summer. 

Chuck Berry
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He’s already signed.

Have the club confirmed that?

Gorgie_Rules

The Shankland situ will all come down to how hard ball our board want to be. I get the feeling there is a nicey niceness in football these days and if Shankland wants to go to a club that comes in for him, then we will take an ‘acceptable’ fee.

In reality if he won’t sign a contract, we should play hard ball and keep him another season until his contract is done. However I feel relationships on a personal level will take over i.e. would you deprive a colleague the chance of potentially quadrupling their salary elsewhere, which we likely can’t afford to offer. There is also an element of tarnishing relationships for future transfers for example with agents. 

His importance to us now is such that I feel our whole summer window will be defined by whatever happens with him.

cosanostra

Got a feeling that our first team squad is going to look quite different from now when next season kicks off. 

Cochrane and Shankland will most likely be gone. Tagawa, Fraser, Toby, Haring and Dexter might leave on loan, be sold or return to their parent club. 

Voice of reason
4 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Yan Dhanda

James Penrice

Luke McCowan

Lyall Cameron

Dan Phillips

Ryan Strain

Keanu Baccus 

Daniel Armstrong

Never noticed him before tonight but the young Blackburn left-back on loan at Motherwell, Georgie Gent, looked really good. He put in some brilliant crosses and always whipped them in early with speed. Looks a real prospect on that showing. 

MR INCREDIBLE
8 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Never noticed him before tonight but the young Blackburn left-back on loan at Motherwell, Georgie Gent, looked really good. He put in some brilliant crosses and always whipped them in early with speed. Looks a real prospect on that showing. 

Agreed !!!

looks an excellent player 👍

13 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Yan Dhanda

James Penrice

Luke McCowan

Lyall Cameron

Dan Phillips

Ryan Strain

Keanu Baccus 

Daniel Armstrong

Blair Spittal is a player I think could be decent for us

LarrysRightFoot
9 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Have the club confirmed that?

Naismith said he doesn’t like to talk about the type of situation but ‘there is an agreement in place’ or words to that effect. 

(until it’s official though I’ll still err on the side of caution) 

Butterbean1874
16 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

The biggest risk in the summer window revolves around Shanks, imo.   Assuming he doesn't sign an extension and shines at the Euros after getting 30-odd goals for us, the timing of a huge bid will present a problem for us.   We could reject a few bids in the £1m-£2m range, but if a £4m bid  arrives in late August, what do we do ?   It's probably too late to rely on another club accepting our offer for their star striker - so imo, we should be preparing a list of possible replacements  NOW with the intention of making an offer in the summer regardless of whether Shanks wants to move on or not.  No reason why we couldn't play both of them if the timing overlaps.

We also need experienced cover for Halks (or in place of)

Who realistically springs to mind to replace LS  if he does go in the summer?? Any thoughts??

JimmyCant
14 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Yan Dhanda

James Penrice

Luke McCowan

Lyall Cameron

Dan Phillips

Ryan Strain

Keanu Baccus 

Daniel Armstrong

You can probably forget McCowan Cameron and Armstrong. They’re already beyond what we’d be willing to pay

Dhanda has signed a pre contract (according to Hearts Standard) so he’s a shoe in.

Penrice and Baccus don’t improve us IMO. Don’t know much about Phillips but for me he’s probably another Sibbick. Strain I like and he’s an upgrade on Atkinson IMO

We’ll need a striker. 2 if Shankland goes. I like the look of Bair for example but he could be a one season wonder  and he’d also need a decent fee

Edited by JimmyCant

JimmyCant
30 minutes ago, Butterbean1874 said:

Who realistically springs to mind to replace LS  if he does go in the summer?? Any thoughts??

In our league ? Bair maybe ? Wright (Rangers) Bakayoko ? Biereth maybe ?

We won’t be able to replace that many goals with one player so we’d need to look at 2 who can get near 30 between them

16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You can probably forget McCowan Cameron and Armstrong. They’re already beyond what we’d be willing to pay

Dhanda has signed a pre contract (according to Hearts Standard) so he’s a shoe in.

Penrice and Baccus don’t improve us IMO. Don’t know much about Phillips but for me he’s probably another Sibbick. Strain I like and he’s an upgrade on Atkinson IMO

We’ll need a striker. 2 if Shankland goes. I like the look of Bair for example but he could be a one season wonder  and he’d also need a decent fee

Armstrong would cost a 6 figure fee and I'd like to think we could afford him. His contract expires next summer so they won't be in a position to be asking for a hefty sum. He'd be a great signing imo and worth paying a bit cash for. 

Phillips is absolutely nothing like Sibbick and he'd be a decent signing, especially on a free. Very strong CM and a hard tackler but good on the ball too.

Penrice and Baccus would be good squad players but don't think they'd improve our starting 11.

Strain isn't an upgrade on Atkinson.

Edited by Chimp

JimmyCant
27 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Armstrong would cost a 6 figure fee and I'd like to think we could afford him. His contract expires next summer so they won't be in a position to be asking for a hefty sum. He'd be a great signing imo and worth paying a bit cash for. 

Phillips is absolutely nothing like Sibbick and he'd be a decent signing, especially on a free. Very strong CM and a hard tackler but good on the ball too.

Penrice and Baccus would be good squad players but don't think they'd improve our starting 11.

Strain isn't an upgrade on Atkinson.

Like I said. Dunno much about Phillips but the similarity with Sibbick is, apparently decent but don’t see how he fits in our team and who he replaces. Maybe if we lose Beni we’ll go for a harder type but IMO we’ll need a real top class replacement in there and he isn’t that I don’t think

Strain was probably the best RWB in the league outwith the OF before his injury. His delivery is bordering on Beckhamesque. Fully fit he is miles better than Atkinson.

Armstrong I think they’d want low 7 figures, even with a year to go, or they’ll just keep him. Same decision we’ll have to make re Shankland. He’s probably worth that, but we won’t pay it. Probably Glasgow bound anyway.

Edited by JimmyCant

26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Like I said. Dunno much about Phillips but the similarity with Sibbick is, apparently decent but don’t see how he fits in our team and who he replaces. Maybe if we lose Beni we’ll go for a harder type but IMO we’ll need a real top class replacement in there and he isn’t that I don’t think

Strain was probably the best RWB in the league outwith the OF before his injury. His delivery is bordering on Beckhamesque. Fully fit he is miles better than Atkinson.

Armstrong I think they’d want low 7 figures, even with a year to go, or they’ll just keep him. Same decision we’ll have to make re Shankland. He’s probably worth that, but we won’t pay it. Probably Glasgow bound anyway.

Bit of an exaggeration on Strain I'd say. Also Atkinson is ahead of Strain for Australia so I think that is telling. Not saying he's a bad player by any means, just not miles ahead or anything close.

Killie aren't in as strong a financial position to be demanding 7 figures. Absolutely no chance they'll get that kind of money for someone with a year left.

Edited by Chimp

Chuck Berry
46 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

In our league ? Bair maybe ? Wright (Rangers) Bakayoko ? Biereth maybe ?

We won’t be able to replace that many goals with one player so we’d need to look at 2 who can get near 30 between them

Here's a left field. Kevin Nisbet. 

He has had an injury hit season with Millwall (scored 5 in 20) but it seems the fans haven't taken to him, and I believe he now may be out for the season or at least for the next couple of months.  He'll still have 2 years left to run on his contract.

Maybe we could get him in on a loan and give him some game time, or maybe Millwall looking to cut their losses. Decent striker.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Butterbean1874 said:

Its a good question.   The only one in  Scotland (not sure he's in our  salary range)  who comes close is Miovski.    Its  a task for our recruitment team to examine the stats & contract situation of every striker in the English L1,  lower Championship and in countries with a league standard similar to ours.

Maybe someone who had a good scoring record at a previous club, but has struggled to replicate it at his current club at the same level ?  

High scoring forwards are like gold dust

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Killie aren't in as strong a financial position to be demanding 7 figures. Absolutely no chance they'll get that kind of money for someone with a year left.

If Armstrong is not attracting attention from down south who will blow us out the water in wages, we should very much got for him. A £500k bid with a year left might be enough.

Lone Striker
28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Seemed to me that Dan Phillips was a Beni type, but with more drive.  

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

If Armstrong is not attracting attention from down south who will blow us out the water in wages, we should very much got for him. A £500k bid with a year left might be enough.

Agreed.  If Killie don't qualify for Euro football (and assuming we do), then we're surely a big attraction for him, unless he's getting English Championship interest.

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

That's where I'm at. I can't see them rejecting around the 500-700k mark. Would rather spend a decent chunk on him rather than spreading that sort of money across 3 or 4 average players. We need to start adding real quality with our signings now, especially since we appear to have kept the core of our team. Armstrong is proven at this level and turns up in the big games too. Would love it if we got him in.

Madjambo21

Maybe take a punt on Nouble.

Think he is out of contract so at end of season. 

Not had a great year but anytime I see him he gets past his man with ease, not sure on final ball but maybe in a team that dominate most games he would be something different on the wing

16 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Unless we lose anyone, minor tweaks is all that is required with 1-2 quality additions.  

We'll need a good few more than that, especially if we get group stage european football

Either permanent deal for Dexter or a replacement

Another Centre Half, 2 if we offload Sibbick

Possibly going to need 3 forwards to replace Tagawa, Vargas if we don't take up the option on him (I think we will) and replace Shanks should a big offer come in

Either sign Fraser on a perm or replace him

May need to replace Beni

May need to replace McKay if his injury troubles don't relent

Need a LB as back up to Cochrane, maybe even 2 if we get a decent offer for him

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, Chimp said:

That's where I'm at. I can't see them rejecting around the 500-700k mark. Would rather spend a decent chunk on him rather than spreading that sort of money across 3 or 4 average players. We need to start adding real quality with our signings now, especially since we appear to have kept the core of our team. Armstrong is proven at this level and turns up in the big games too. Would love it if we got him in.

Agree, less is more, quality over quantity etc etc. 

We need to get into the situation where we don't need wholesale changes to the squad.  Three players who materially improve us is better than six bodies in the door to beef up numbers, particularly when we have Denholm, Tait, Pollock already beefing up the numbers and in the case of Tait, heading towards a first team regular, then we have Neilson returning from Partick.

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Agree, less is more, quality over quantity etc etc. 

We need to get into the situation where we don't need wholesale changes to the squad.  Three players who materially improve us is better than six bodies in the door to beef up numbers, particularly when we have Denholm, Tait, Pollock already beefing up the numbers and in the case of Tait, heading towards a first team regular, then we have Neilson returning from Partick.

Correct, we now have youngsters who are capable of filling in when need be. As you say the likes of Denholm, Tait and Pollock will no doubt contribute more than Haring and Halliday in midfield and they're only going to improve. Also far more rewarding to see our own academy players develop and more beneficial to the club in the long run.

B4 Part B
19 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

image.png

I like the idea of the tiers! 

I agree with how GK and defence are currently rated (like you said, I think Halks has to prove himself fit enough again) and don't see much movement between tiers there. Highlights lack of depth at RB. (Neilson missing?)

Midfield could see a bit of movement between tiers (and I think you've missed Beni?). Highlights the need for a nailed on starter there.

Attackers could also see a bit of movement. Highlights lack of depth outside Shanks.

Would love us to go for a quality ready made starter at RB, CM, and winger/AM.  Shanks situation will determine if we need to do the same up top.

The rest compete for the remaining positions or establish themselves as a starter. I think they've all got enough ability to do that, just need to show it consistently and enhance it a bit further.

The squad is of course good enough to challenge for 3rd this season, they've proved that. Our rivals will strengthen, so the ones classed as squad players need to step up again next season (nothing to suggest they won't), and it would be good to give them real quality and experience around them to help. If you stand still you go backwards. So my hope would be a couple of Frankie Kent types (come in ready and good enough to play every week) are signed while the rest continue their development around them. 

Bit bold going with 10 players mind you.

Batistuta87
18 hours ago, OTT said:

It will be an interesting summer for sure. 

I think on Shankland, we're entirely dependent on him signing that extension, otherwise we'll need to make a decison on if we run his contract down, or if we cash in. Personally, I want Shankland to be the player we spend the next 30-40 years telling our kids and grandkids about. So unless he's deadset on going, I'd like the club to keep trying to get a deal thrashed out. Budges loan will be paid back in October (which will free up c£125k per month apparently) and the hotel already has c£200k in bookings. We have the money to get a deal done and our finances are only going to improve. 

Regardless of whether or not Shanks extends, I think we'll need another striker. Vargas isn't Shankland, his style of play is entirely different and I think someone who could come in and do a similar job - albeit not to the same standard, is important. We have a style of play we want to play to, we shouldn't be willingly weakening ourselves in the even Shanks is injured or can't play for whatever reason. Maybe Boyce can do it, but with all his injuries, I think we'd be silly to rely on his fitness. Difficulty is though, no quality player will willingly sit on the bench behind Shanks. I think Kevin Van Veen could be a sensible choice. He'll be 33, so age not on his side. With the increased games next season, he would likely get game time and like Shanks, pace isn't his game (so age maybe not as huge an issue). 

I don't really rate our wide players. I'm being harsh here, but I think its important because we need to improve our build up play and having the quality to break teams down with greater ease - McKay is now looking quite injury prone and has difficulty performing in big games. Forrest has a fantastic workrate, but his final ball is dreadful and his decision making in the final 3rd isn't great. Oda has been up and down constantly and I don't think can be relied on consistently. Vargas isn't a winger, neither is Tagawa. Dhanda as I understand it, is an attacking midfielder that can also play on the wing (ie not a winger). I think we need a winger. I would like Danny Armstrong, I would also like Luke McCowan. I don't think we'll get Armstrong, but McCowan, I think is within our powers to get and looks like a proper winger. 

Beni's future is still up in the air. If he doesn't sign, I would go for Jeando Fuchs. Bit of a different player, but still a defensive mid. 

RB, I don't know what Naismith wants to do, does he want to play 3 or 4 at the back? If its 3, we need a wingback, if its 4 we need a more wellrounded type that can defend but also not be useless when we need to attack. Natty is doing well, but would like another too. Strain one option that has been talked about. 

I suppose the good thing is we shouldn't see much squad turnover and the positions we need improvements in are more in the want territory than the NEED territory (I want an improvement on Forrest vs we NEEDED Kent or someone like him last January)

Good post. 

Striker wise, it really depends what happens with Shankland. If he goes, we need a new talisman but if he stays we only really need backup, so: 

Shankland stays:

Bruce Anderson from Livi

Robbie Ure ex-Rangers youth nearing the end of his contract in Belgium.

... or do we put some faith in Mackenzie Kirk? 

Shankland goes:

Scott Hogan (pacey Irishman, currently @ Birmingham)

Oskar Zawada (@ Wellington Pheonix on a short-term deal... 5 goals in first 8 apps)

Luca Schuler (6ft3 heed playing in GER)

Yool Heol (6ft4 Korean heed playing in K-League)

Fiete Arp (ex-Bayern wonderkid unlucky with injuries currently in 2nd in GER) 

Same goes for Beni. He goes, we need a main man but if he stays we just need backup, so:

Beni stays:

Lewis Warrington (tapping into Everton for a release-ee)

Jamie Lindsay 

Matty James 

Harry Kite

Callum Slattery (he'd fill a gap...)

Beni goes:

Alan Campbell 

Joe Allen for a year

Ben Osborn

Connor Barron if he's not going to Rangers 

Greg Docherty

Would also take Dexter on a season long loan if that was possible. If not there are a couple of Aussies who would do a job including Straing - but also Rhyan Grant, Josh Risdon, who are a bit older with a bit more experience. 

Left back if Cochrane leaves. Not needed if he stays. 

And obviously replace anyone that does leave. 

Glad to see its not 17 out and 24 in. 

Edited by Batistuta87

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated )