SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
On 23/04/2022 at 20:03, The Dragon Reborn said:

The SNP have zero chance of being asked to deliver an independence referendum? Your post doesn’t make any sense. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 27/04/2022 at 23:09, The Dragon Reborn said:

image.jpeg.0e87286343c1f07b68481f3b97af0d84.jpeg

56 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Depends on the timeframe. The vast majority of Indy supporters I know don’t want one in the next two years. 2025-2028 would be ideal. Any longer than that and support would definitely start to drift.

hmmmmm 

R (14).gif

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I commend them on making disability benefits less difficult to get for those in need, directly compared to Westminster.

And I don't appreciate a Tory MSP telling me this is what's insulting and demeaning to those in poverty, when it's their party who's directly responsible for the millions of UK citizens getting battered.

henryheart
20 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

If the SNP hierarchy keep playing this ‘long game’,

See this is the bit I dont understand.  NS and the SNP know there is going to be a lenghty and possible courtroom battle to get the section 30 so why delay requesting it ?  She is quite rightly saying that the Ref needs to be of legal standing. Totally agree. IM just very suspicious in the delay in requesting the section 30.   This is the ideal time to request it due to the turmoil down South.  

I imagine there are a few things at play here. Firstly, all of the polls indicate that there is little political appetite for a referendum in the short term. Secondly Sturgeon's PR has boosted SNP support but her public standing has taken a bashing on a number of issues in the last year or so (the Salmond saga and her double standards on facemasks spring immediately to mind) and there are some bombs that have to be disposed of (covid in nursing homes, the ferry fiasco being two). Even opponents within the SNP recognise that without her the party lacks an alternative leader capable of swaying those undecided in a way that Sturgeon may do. Thirdly, despite the rhetoric there has yet to be an election where the majority of voters, never mind the overall electorate have voted SNP/Green. There is a strong chance that a referendum would vote to stay in the UK and this is a risk too big to take. Fourthly, the SNP will be happy to tread water while at the same time showing that they have stronger support than both the Conservatives and Labour until they can have a more realistic chance of the UK parliament granting them their wish. This will not happen under the current Government. As part of this the SNP will not make any announcement on the legal advice received in advance of the local government elections; they are looking for a strong SNP vote to use as further 'confirmation' that the Scottish public wants independence and don't want anything to threaten this. 

All speculation on my part, of course, but as I see it a no vote in a referendum would end a lot of careers and a number of big players in the SNP will want to get a few more years out of the gravy train before disappearing into the sunset. Pushing for a referendum now is potentially similar to turkeys voting for Christmas. Sturgeon has been very careful in her wording; she will do 'all in her powers' to have a referendum by the end of 2023, knowing that she hasn't any but keeping herself onside with those within her party who are more impatient. 

The Glen Sannox island ferry was launched by the SNP to much fanfare in 2017

The unfinished ferry sported painted-on windows to make it look complete

Five years on, the Glen Sannox remains moored in Port Glasgow unfinished 

Islanders are having to make do with an ageing fleet that regularly breaks down.

JudyJudyJudy
37 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I imagine there are a few things at play here. Firstly, all of the polls indicate that there is little political appetite for a referendum in the short term. Secondly Sturgeon's PR has boosted SNP support but her public standing has taken a bashing on a number of issues in the last year or so (the Salmond saga and her double standards on facemasks spring immediately to mind) and there are some bombs that have to be disposed of (covid in nursing homes, the ferry fiasco being two). Even opponents within the SNP recognise that without her the party lacks an alternative leader capable of swaying those undecided in a way that Sturgeon may do. Thirdly, despite the rhetoric there has yet to be an election where the majority of voters, never mind the overall electorate have voted SNP/Green. There is a strong chance that a referendum would vote to stay in the UK and this is a risk too big to take. Fourthly, the SNP will be happy to tread water while at the same time showing that they have stronger support than both the Conservatives and Labour until they can have a more realistic chance of the UK parliament granting them their wish. This will not happen under the current Government. As part of this the SNP will not make any announcement on the legal advice received in advance of the local government elections; they are looking for a strong SNP vote to use as further 'confirmation' that the Scottish public wants independence and don't want anything to threaten this. 

All speculation on my part, of course, but as I see it a no vote in a referendum would end a lot of careers and a number of big players in the SNP will want to get a few more years out of the gravy train before disappearing into the sunset. Pushing for a referendum now is potentially similar to turkeys voting for Christmas. Sturgeon has been very careful in her wording; she will do 'all in her powers' to have a referendum by the end of 2023, knowing that she hasn't any but keeping herself onside with those within her party who are more impatient. 

Good analysis 👍

The current SG are fast becoming a law unto themselves.

Destroying documents ,putting taxpayers money into politically motivated procurements ,lying blatantly.

In power too long falsely promising independence,not delivering on every single policy that counts.

Embarrassing that people continue to vote for them.

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, Ked said:

Destroying documents ,putting taxpayers money into politically motivated procurements ,lying blatantly.

In power too long falsely promising independence,not delivering on every single policy that counts.

Fair comment 

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, Ked said:

True.

10 hours ago, Ked said:

If the SNP were held to account solely on their record in government, they'd be long gone. But they're not, so here we are.

Add their botched handling of the census to the list. That's also a disgrace. 

Edited by pablo

1 hour ago, pablo said:

If the SNP were held to account solely on their record in government, they'd be long gone. But they're not, so here we are.

Add their botched handling of the census to the list. That's also a disgrace. 

For the record I will and have voted for independence.

The census isn't for me that big a deal.

But

Education 

Housing 

Health(in every way possible)

And the economy

The lies

The I can't recall 

Destroyed or missing documents

Not a single one of those is anything but a fail.

Their failure despite representation never before seen in Westminster a majority in a PR parliament.Yet their failure to deliver the only reasonable thing which anyone would vote them in for .

Independence.

The politicisation of covid.

The only thing I can think of is the stopping of fracking.

I honestly cannot think of one thing of note.

10 years they've been in.

Japan Jambo
8 minutes ago, Ked said:

But

Education 

Housing 

And the economy

The lies

The I can't recall 

Their failure despite representation never before seen in Westminster a majority in a PR parliament.Yet their failure to deliver the only reasonable thing which anyone would vote them in for .

Independence.

Not for me to defend the cult but Scotland is doing well on the renewable energy front...

You missed the transport policy (ferries/airports) by the way 🙂 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Ked said:

But

Education 

Housing 

And the economy

The lies

The I can't recall 

Independence.

Plastic bag charge is the only decent thing I can think of 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Not for me to defend the cult but Scotland is doing well on the renewable energy front...

You missed the transport policy (ferries/airports) by the way 🙂 

And their various criminal justice fiascos plus “ the named person “ scheme . And still a shit storm to come with GRA 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And their various criminal justice fiascos plus “ the named person “ scheme . And still a shit storm to come with GRA 

While I agree it’s just creeping in everywhere. Why I just don’t know…
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/david-cameron-summer-camp-ncs-boys-female-dorms/?fbclid=IwAR32ISZ0VUHxSqTQu3fUhy9EdX-p3DFGQPd113AvewkRSKC2Ve27HxoGHNc

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Social media ? People “ frightened “ to “ offend “ ? Bullying and intimidation on social media certainly massive issue if you don’t subscribe to their ideology and finally threats and abuse. 

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Social media ? People “ frightened “ to “ offend “ ? Bullying and intimidation on social media certainly massive issue if you don’t subscribe to their ideology and finally threats and abuse. 

Indeed :greggy:

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I don’t want to offend anyone I’m live and let live these days with peoples sexuality or whatever. But I don’t care a monkeys if I offend anyone over a man going into a woman’s space to be quite honest. 
I just don’t understand this trans thing at all. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t want to offend anyone I’m live and let live these days with peoples sexuality or whatever. But I don’t care a monkeys if I offend anyone over a man going into a woman’s space to be quite honest. 
I just don’t understand this trans thing at all. 

The trans ideology is basically a religion . A belief , it has no tangible scientific evidence to support its “ theories “ or ideology . It’s a belief system . Therefore people can buy into it and believe it or not , like religion . 

Unknown user
44 minutes ago, Ked said:

But

Education 

Housing 

And the economy

The lies

The I can't recall 

Independence.

In case you missed it, their record on housing is decent, only falling 18% short of their target because of covid.

https://theferret.scot/claim-snp-delivered-105000-affordable-homes-true/

doctor jambo
46 minutes ago, Ked said:

But

Education 

Housing 

And the economy

The lies

The I can't recall 

Independence.

If they have the go ahead for fracking, we would not be facing fuel bill carnage

Unknown user
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

If they have the go ahead for fracking, we would not be facing fuel bill carnage

:cornette:

doctor jambo
Just now, Smithee said:

The snp are anti North Sea and anti fracking.

those things that heat homes and move cars.

those things that are worth an untold amount at the moment and could have generated vast amounts for govt to spend , or rebuilt the Nhs or services post covid

scotland is a small country that could be both using green and carbon energy.

to not do so is madness.

we are the highest taxed part of the uk, whilst refusing to utilise our good fortune.

letting people freeze or starve is a bit bizarre to me- is she not meant to be looking after the people?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

The snp are anti North Sea and anti fracking.

those things that heat homes and move cars.

those things that are worth an untold amount at the moment and could have generated vast amounts for govt to spend , or rebuilt the Nhs or services post covid

scotland is a small country that could be both using green and carbon energy.

to not do so is madness.

we are the highest taxed part of the uk, whilst refusing to utilise our good fortune.

letting people freeze or starve is a bit bizarre to me- is she not meant to be looking after the people?

Fracking

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Fracking

Works in the US and their gas bills are really low.

They are energy independent pretty much.

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, Ked said:

But

Education 

Housing 

And the economy

The lies

The I can't recall 

Independence.

Fair points. They are driving the country into the ground. Very surprised some dont have the wherewithal to see and acknowledge that. 

1 hour ago, Ked said:

But

Education 

Housing 

And the economy

The lies

The I can't recall 

Independence.

And how do you future plan for all those things if only 70ish percent of households participate in the census?

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Works in the US and their gas bills are really low.

They are energy independent pretty much.

They reckon 2% of the underground reserved are economically viable so there really wouldn't be that much benefit, while the risks from groundwater contamination, unforeseen faults, sinkholes, etc are very real. There would be very little local employment and no secondary benefits, just the ground beneath our feet getting pummeled til it breaks.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, pablo said:

And how do you future plan for all those things if only 70ish percent of households participate in the census?

Like everywhere that doesn't do a census?

Unknown user

Lol future planning. These ****s don't know if they're in for a piss or a shit when they lock the cubicle door

56ZUND2DR5ANBDAN5M6PHTBB6I.jpg

Seymour M Hersh
55 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Ah, the hard truth that some hate to hear. 

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ah, the hard truth that some hate to hear. 

Seriously? We’ve now to rely on that North Sea that we were all told would be done by now and anytime indy comes up it’s aw running out again?? Now we’ve to frack as well and it’s all the SNP’s fault we’ve got high bills? For real??

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Exactly this country should get a move on fracking, we have the resources but they would rather import oil & gas from other countries, hypocrites 

What's the point of that, it is cheaper and greener to frack your own, the SNP constantly frack the piss 

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

glad they nixed that. I remember when I was in the US reading about polluted water courses and subsidence issues - given how much more densely packed we are in the UK I can't see that ending well.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

In case you missed it, their record on housing is decent, only falling 18% short of their target because of covid.

https://theferret.scot/claim-snp-delivered-105000-affordable-homes-true/

I read the article smithee.

Much of these targets have been met by Glasgow Council transferring stock to registered landlords.

Most of the housing stock has been delivered by private companies who sell it as ahem affordable housing.

Do you know what constitutes affordable housing in Edinburgh?

200-250 thousand pounds for a 1 or 2 bedroom flat the latter involving little more than a box and the kitchen living room. as one.

Also included are midmarket rents.

Do you know how much a 2 bedroom flat is to rent through this scheme?

The SG have failed in  their manifesto promises and the fact check while saying they met their targets questions the definition of affordability and highlights the stock transfer.

I can post numerous links as I have done arguing with others like you who defend this absolute rabble.

It's so Toryesque

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Lol future planning. These ****s don't know if they're in for a piss or a shit when they lock the cubicle door

56ZUND2DR5ANBDAN5M6PHTBB6I.jpg

I'd agree that the current government in Wrstminster are shit.

But you defend the same level of shit up here.

Why?

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Have a look at Scotlands geology.

Have a look at what's really of value and projected to be the reason for future conflicts.

Frackings a very bad idea for Scotland and I'd question how much slack it would take up .

Green energy is the only sensible way forward.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Ked said:

I read the article smithee.

Much of these targets have been met by Glasgow Council transferring stock to registered landlords.

Most of the housing stock has been delivered by private companies who sell it as ahem affordable housing.

Do you know what constitutes affordable housing in Edinburgh?

200-250 thousand pounds for a 1 or 2 bedroom flat the latter involving little more than a box and the kitchen living room. as one.

Also included are midmarket rents.

Do you know how much a 2 bedroom flat is to rent through this scheme?

The SG have failed in  their manifesto promises and the fact check while saying they met their targets questions the definition of affordability and highlights the stock transfer.

I can post numerous links as I have done arguing with others like you who defend this absolute rabble.

It's so Toryesque

It really isn't, you've just chosen the most negative slant possible. 

9 minutes ago, Ked said:

I'd agree that the current government in Wrstminster are shit.

But you defend the same level of shit up here.

Why?

The same level lol

I don't defend everything they do, but this one's fair play 

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

It really isn't, you've just chosen the most negative slant possible. 

The same level lol

I don't defend everything they do, but this one's fair play 

Smithee if you think that housing is something the SG have had success with then you ignore the number 1 cause of poverty in Scotland.

I hold no favour for Bojo and his gang of thieves so I'm not playing whataboutery with you.

The SG are a mess.

Who else we vote for though is even more of a shitshow.

I will leave it at that.

Not gonnae get into the aye but the Tories crack.

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 hours ago, Ked said:

Have a look at Scotlands geology.

Have a look at what's really of value and projected to be the reason for future conflicts.

Frackings a very bad idea for Scotland and I'd question how much slack it would take up .

Green energy is the only sensible way forward.

You clearly need several options, what happens when the sun don't shine, the wind doesn't blow and the only hot air is coming out of holyrood? 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Ked said:

Smithee if you think that housing is something the SG have had success with then you ignore the number 1 cause of poverty in Scotland.

I hold no favour for Bojo and his gang of thieves so I'm not playing whataboutery with you.

The SG are a mess.

Who else we vote for though is even more of a shitshow.

I will leave it at that.

Not gonnae get into the aye but the Tories crack.

I'm saying the reason they didn't hit the housing target they set was covid, and even then they weren't far off it.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Had a wee flick through. Lad isnae a fan of Our Nicky, is he?

He permanently  barred from Twitter due to " hate speech" apparently.  More to do with his continued challenging  of trans ideologies. Hopefully Musk has an amnesty regarding  barred people from Twitter. 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Interesting chap. Despite being pro independence he's just eviscerated Frau Murrell....

Savaging. 

1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

You clearly need several options, what happens when the sun don't shine, the wind doesn't blow and the only hot air is coming out of holyrood? 

You don't poison your own water for a start.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'm saying the reason they didn't hit the housing target they set was covid, and even then they weren't far off it.

Mate they're a million miles away from it.

Let's agree to disagree.

And fwiw the picture in England is also a disgrace.

Same promises and even worse delivery.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Ked said:

Mate they're a million miles away from it.

Let's agree to disagree.

And fwiw the picture in England is also a disgrace.

Same promises and even worse delivery.

They're not a million miles away, that's why I posted the article, and the ferret are no friends of the SNP. 28,000 social houses from a 35,000 target, scuppered due to covid.