• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

7 hours ago, Ked said:

Union flag and if the fud that is the dentist triggers you 99.9% of Hearts fans think you should start going to games instead of trolling their websites.

So you are supporting taking UJs to the football? Better get over to the terrace where there is a guy wanting them banned, think his name is Ked

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

So you are supporting taking UJs to the football? Better get over to the terrace where there is a guy wanting them banned, think his name is Ked

No.

Lord Montpelier

Good to see Alba campaigning on girls and women's rights. If they get the messaging right Sturgeon could see a lot defecting

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I wouldn't pay £1 for Weegie merch.

As much as I love the Union flag, I wouldn't be seen dead with one at a football match

They really think that we are all raving Unionists just because we oppose NS.  Thats a cult for you.  Btw not thats there anything wrong with being a Unionist ie supporting the union. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Good to see Alba campaigning on girls and women's rights. If they get the messaging right Sturgeon could see a lot defecting

Yes this may pull them in a  good amount of votes if they play it right. Sturgeon and Starmer have got it wrong big time on this issue and hopefully it cost them votes. Unfortunately i dont think there is an ALBA candidate in my area. 

JudyJudyJudy

Some of the comments from her supporters are beyond comedy gold.  Dearie me. To be fair to her well played by writing the tweet  However certainly some roasters in her support judging by the comments . Scary to think that they want an Indy Scotland. I can imagine the cultural landscape if any of them had any influence in Govt 

'He never visited England' Scots Nats erupt at St George's Day after Sturgeon's message (msn.com)

The Dragon Reborn
On 19/04/2022 at 09:36, Lord Montpelier said:

Easy to stick policies on your manifesto when you have zero chance of ever being asked to deliver them. 👍🏻

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Easy to stick policies on your manifesto when you have zero chance of ever being asked to deliver them. 👍🏻

Yes the SNP know all about that . Their main policy ! 

The Dragon Reborn
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes the SNP know all about that . Their main policy ! 

The SNP have zero chance of being asked to deliver an independence referendum? Your post doesn’t make any sense. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Cheers that will do nicely 🙃

The actual state of your avatar 😁

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

That’s all you’ve got, isn’t it, Vinny. Sloping around the board typing ‘the state of’ or ‘the nick of’ at other folks’ posts. :( 

Still at the grassing Josie. 😘

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Seriously man, hope you're doing okay. A quick glance at the state of your posts suggests you may not be :( 

Take it easy.

Man. 😁

Weakened Offender
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry if I've misgendered you, WO. No offence intended. ⚧️

None taken pal. 

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Sorry if I've misgendered you, WO. No offence intended. ⚧️

:gok:

manaliveits105

High court ruling Dan saf that moving people into care homes from hospital was unlawful 

will you resign First Minister ?

or just blame wee Jean 

Konrad von Carstein
9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

High court ruling Dan saf that moving people into care homes from hospital was unlawful 

or just blame wee Jean 

Just to add to the whatabootery, I can't see your post asking for the living custard cannon to resign.

Funny that.

:sadrobbo:

The Mighty Thor
57 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

eHigh court ruling Dan saf that moving people into care homes from hospital was unlawful 

or just blame wee Jean 

As I said on the other thread you tried this on, the SG have started a public enquiry process. Rightfully, the truth will out.

Meanwhile Spaffer still sticks to the line of 'now is not the time' and Hancock is out blaming PHE and anyone else he can think of.

why not drag up the 'Rise and Fall of the SNP' thread and i can post this again. 

JudyJudyJudy

or just blame wee Jean 

Poor Jean  will take one for the team 

Edited by JamesM48

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Just to add to the whatabootery, I can't see your post asking for the living custard cannon to resign.

Funny that.

:sadrobbo:

We live in Scotland where health is devolved.

I'm sure Johnson will feel the wrath of the English victims families.

Sturgeon should be called out up here, but as someone has already posted, wee Jeanie will take the flack.

Konrad von Carstein
56 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We live in Scotland where health is devolved.

I'm sure Johnson will feel the wrath of the English victims families.

Sturgeon should be called out up here, but as someone has already posted, wee Jeanie will take the flack.

TF has that to do with the point I was making?

TMT has also shown the difference between Custardo and Nippy's attitudes to wanting things investigated.

He has also lied at the despatch box about what was known about asymptomatic transmission at the time during his matinee performance in Westminster today.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

TF has that to do with the point I was making?

TMT has also shown the difference between Custardo and Nippy's attitudes to wanting things investigated.

He has also lied at the despatch box about what was known about asymptomatic transmission at the time during his matinee performance in Westminster today.

Having  just watched the STV news, and the leading report was how the Scottish Government have been ordered, yes I use the word ordered to release documents relating to the legal advice they received regarding a second independence referendum.

After they refused for over a year the freedom of information request from the Scotsman newspaper.

Again all this proves to me a mere voter, is that ALL POLITICAL parties are the same in that they lie, obfuscate and

Are all hypocrits, who believe the electorate are all buttoned up at the back.

Scottish ministers will be forced to publish legal advice they received around a second independence referendum amid accusations of “stifling scrutiny” following a ruling the government breached Freedom of Information legislation.

NewsPolitics

Sanjeev Gupta's Liberty Steel offices visited in Serious Fraud Office investigation

The Serious Fraud Office (SFO) has raided the offices of Sanjeev Gupta’s Liberty Steel.

By Henry Saker-Clark
Wednesday, 27th April 2022, 4:42 pm
Updated 2 hours ag

It comes almost a year after the SFO launched an investigation into suspected fraud and money laundering by parent firm GFG Alliance, which has thousands of staff in the UK.

The SFO has confirmed teams from the organisation visited company offices on Wednesday morning to request documents including company balance sheets, annual reports and correspondence related to the investigation.

The Dragon Reborn
10 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

or just blame wee Jean 

image.jpeg.0e87286343c1f07b68481f3b97af0d84.jpeg

Lochaber £586m guarantee with Scottish Government 'may have breached state aid rules' as new details emerge

Scottish ministers were advised their deal with GFG Alliance to save the Lochaber smelter worth £586m to the taxpayer may have been in breach of state aid rules as details of the agreement are made public for the first time.

On 25/04/2022 at 15:54, manaliveits105 said:

Trying to work oot ma holidays for 2023 - what date is yon referendum ?

Why does she keep promising it but never gives a date.

Jambo_jim2001
3 hours ago, escobri said:

No chance, she's just washing down her kitkat.

You only get four fingers in a KitKat😮😇

21 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hopefully she will resign 

you would think she would have thought what am I doing in a situation like this 

2 minutes ago, Imaman said:

you would think she would have thought what am I doing in a situation like this 

image.jpeg.d7c43da38eb81cab3b0c4dccb4c8dc66.jpeg

image.jpeg.517c28ed05effc1c4d2f39e5b903b367.jpeg

Edited by Imaman

manaliveits105
27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Another failure to the increasingly long list of them . 

Very fair comment 

manaliveits105
Nicola Sturgeon said a referendum would have to be "entirely legal and constitutional"

The government refused, arguing that it would breach legal professional privilege.

Last week, following an appeal by the newspaper, the information commissioner said the "exceptional" public interest in seeing the advice outweighed the legal privilege.

Asked whether the advice would now be published, Ms Sturgeon said the government would respond to the ruling by 10 June.

"The reason we are considering this carefully is the long-standing convention, not just in Scotland, but across the UK and probably most other countries in the world, that routinely governments don't publish legal advice because we put a lot of value on the ability to get free and frank legal advice," she said.

"So if we are to depart from that convention, it's quite a significant thing, it goes against precedent and we want to consider that carefully.

"But we act in line with freedom of information law, and that law sets out the process that we are currently going through."

Ms Sturgeon said she had no interest in a referendum that was not entirely legal and constitutional.

'Front-line services'

"I only want a referendum that is capable of delivering independence, which means it has to be legal, it has to be constitutional and it has to lead to a majority of people in Scotland voting for independence," she said.

The SNP leader said her immediate focus was in fighting the local elections on Thursday, and that she was campaigning for as many SNP votes as possible.

Looks like Prince George could be king by the time there is another referendum 

well played Elsie 

Edited by manaliveits105

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

has to lead to a majority of people in Scotland voting for independence," she said.

?????????????????????  So in other words the polls will only indicate when a Ref is called ?  The polls which mainly say more people are NO and also there is not even an appetite for a vote either.?  Sounds like she is trying to wiggle out of it 

frankblack
Nicola Sturgeon said a referendum would have to be "entirely legal and constitutional"

The government refused, arguing that it would breach legal professional privilege.

Last week, following an appeal by the newspaper, the information commissioner said the "exceptional" public interest in seeing the advice outweighed the legal privilege.

Asked whether the advice would now be published, Ms Sturgeon said the government would respond to the ruling by 10 June.

"The reason we are considering this carefully is the long-standing convention, not just in Scotland, but across the UK and probably most other countries in the world, that routinely governments don't publish legal advice because we put a lot of value on the ability to get free and frank legal advice," she said.

"So if we are to depart from that convention, it's quite a significant thing, it goes against precedent and we want to consider that carefully.

"But we act in line with freedom of information law, and that law sets out the process that we are currently going through."

Ms Sturgeon said she had no interest in a referendum that was not entirely legal and constitutional.

'Front-line services'

"I only want a referendum that is capable of delivering independence, which means it has to be legal, it has to be constitutional and it has to lead to a majority of people in Scotland voting for independence," she said.

The SNP leader said her immediate focus was in fighting the local elections on Thursday, and that she was campaigning for as many SNP votes as possible.

Looks like Prince George could be king by the time there is another referendum 

well played Elsie 

Looks like she got the legal advice and it made it crystal clear that holding a referendum without Westminster granting a Section 30 wouldn't be legal or stand up to a legal challenge.

If the advice was otherwise she would have told us the same day.

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If the SNP hierarchy keep playing this ‘long game’, then eventually the supporters that were putting up with her weirdo policies and questionable standards will start drifting away. Genuine Indy supporters need to put as much pressure on her to get a second referendum approved by London asap or the window of popular support, partly fuelled by 8 years of grievance and 12 years (and counting) of increasingly right wing rule down south, might never appear again. Times, priorities and voting patterns all change.

If the SNP hierarchy keep playing this ‘long game’,

See this is the bit I dont understand.  NS and the SNP know there is going to be a lenghty and possible courtroom battle to get the section 30 so why delay requesting it ?  She is quite rightly saying that the Ref needs to be of legal standing. Totally agree. IM just very suspicious in the delay in requesting the section 30.   This is the ideal time to request it due to the turmoil down South.  

The Dragon Reborn
55 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If the SNP hierarchy keep playing this ‘long game’, then eventually the supporters that were putting up with her weirdo policies and questionable standards will start drifting away. Genuine Indy supporters need to put as much pressure on her to get a second referendum approved by London asap or the window of popular support, partly fuelled by 8 years of grievance and 12 years (and counting) of increasingly right wing rule down south, might never appear again. Times, priorities and voting patterns all change.

Depends on the timeframe. The vast majority of Indy supporters I know don’t want one in the next two years. 2025-2028 would be ideal. Any longer than that and support would definitely start to drift.

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

"Weirdo policies". Spot on, Jonesy.