SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

The Mighty Thor
28 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Cool when's the referendum to end the union? Been hearing this since 2014. Well done in keeping the Nationalists on their gravy bus though.. 

Unionism morphing into what it always was, English nationalism. 

Northern Ireland emptying the flat earthers and Scots continuing to blaze a path to independence.

When England goes it's own way, you boys will left high and dry. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Ainsley Harriott
28 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Northern Ireland emptying the flat earthers and Scots continuing to blaze a path to independence.

You didn't answer my question?

Ainsley Harriott
30 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Just realised you said blaze a path to independence ,🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Cool when's the referendum to end the union? Been hearing this since 2014. Well done in keeping the Nationalists on their gravy bus though.. 

Who won the election? 

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Just realised you said blaze a path to independence ,🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yip. 

Plenty of time for Scots. 

The Tory/UKIP/BNP hybrid party that's in Westminster is lurching further and further right into authoritarianism.

English nationalism on the rise. 

The conditions just keep getting better and better.

Scots ken the score. 

frankblack
5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yip. 

The Tory/UKIP/BNP hybrid party that's in Westminster is lurching further and further right into authoritarianism.

Scots ken the score. 

They will be replaced by Labour mate.

Utterly failed party is clearly getting voted out.  They need to replace Boris and Sunak ASAP to avoid a UK wipeout.

Riots on the streets by october if these ****ers don't address energy prices.

The Mighty Thor
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

They will be replaced by Labour mate.

Utterly failed party is clearly getting voted out.  They need to replace Boris and Sunak ASAP to avoid a UK wipeout.

You'd think that but the local election results showed similar voting patterns from the Brexit referendum. The Tories fared relatively well in the places that voted for Brexit. London, Scotland etc which voted against it voted against the Tories.

I think Labour will still struggle. Starmer ain't cutting through like he needs to.

Scotland will move further and further away from traditional UK politics and unless Labour and the Tories ditch the branch office format, they'll continue to get reamed time and again. 

The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh and your bang on the cash with this. 

I reckon most folk have no idea what's coming down the track cost of living wise. It's going to be brutal for many. 

Ainsley Harriott
29 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yip. 

Scots ken the score. 

Are they using a zipo lighter to blaze it the pace they are moving 🤣

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

British Nationalists have never been off it! Absolute bams!

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

British Nationalists have never been off it! Absolute bams!

I love how scottish national party voters have started pushing the "British Nationalist" line. All these years of voting SNP and you finally realise that being a nationalist is a pretty awful thing. Deflect deflect.

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I love how scottish national party voters have started pushing the "British Nationalist" line. All these years of voting SNP and you finally realise that being a nationalist is a pretty awful thing. Deflect deflect.

Quite happy being a Scotnat, Braveheart etc, etc. What tends to irk me is that Britnats believe Britnats don't exist!

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Quite happy being a Scotnat, Braveheart etc, etc. What tends to irk me is that Britnats believe Britnats don't exist!

They don't. It's English nationalism.

The ones up here still think they're part of this great union but it's really just England nowadays. 

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

That's because Great Britain is formed from constituent member countries making it a union. Unionism is very different from Nationalism. I think you should do a little research before regurgitating silly phrases you read in the National.

Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

They don't. It's English nationalism.

The ones up here still think they're part of this great union but it's really just England nowadays. 

Correct

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

That's because Great Britain is formed from constituent member countries making it a union. Unionism is very different from Nationalism. I think you should do a little research before regurgitating silly phrases you read in the National.

Are you telling me we don't have British Nationalists? I couldn't care less about what constitutes the UK or GB. I like parts of it but don't want it's governance. What's the National got to do with it? You're so typically parochial in your outlook! Don't read the Mail or Express if that's your level of thought.

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Correct

Are you telling me we don't have British Nationalists? I couldn't care less about what constitutes the UK or GB. I like parts of it but don't want it's governance. What's the National got to do with it? You're so typically parochial in your outlook! Don't read the Mail or Express if that's your level of thought.

You just seem like the type that would read the national then repeat the guff you read there. Just helping you understand what unionism is as you seem to struggle 👍

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

You just seem like the type that would read the national then repeat the guff you read there. Just helping you understand what unionism is as you seem to struggle 👍

I know exactly what it is and it predominantly aids its biggest partner! It couldn't care less about its little partners as they're mostly dense! 

What has the National stated that I've repeated?

Does any SNP supporter actually believe that Sturgeon will deliver a referendum in 2023? 

It seems to me to be a fairly unachievable goal and will more than likely be another limp wristed request that will be rejected out of hand by Johnson.

It seems to me that something to important requires a damn sight more planning than circa 12 months. I'd go as far to say 3 years. First 2 years being planning and negotiation, with the final year being essentially campaign season. 

Roxy Hearts
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Does any SNP supporter actually believe that Sturgeon will deliver a referendum in 2023? 

It seems to me to be a fairly unachievable goal and will more than likely be another limp wristed request that will be rejected out of hand by Johnson.

It seems to me that something to important requires a damn sight more planning than circa 12 months. I'd go as far to say 3 years. First 2 years being planning and negotiation, with the final year being essentially campaign season. 

I don't want a referendum at the moment but if we get one and we lose then we deserve everything we get from an insulting Westminster! 

This is the second worst government in my lifetime and if the Scottish people want to be governed by them instead of one of our choice then we need change the description of some of the words in the dictionary!

Lord Montpelier
9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I don't want a referendum at the moment but if we get one and we lose then we deserve everything we get from an insulting Westminster! 

This is the second worst government in my lifetime and if the Scottish people want to be governed by them instead of one of our choice then we need change the description of some of the words in the dictionary!

Why don't you want a referendum at the moment ?

10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

the Nationalists need to put down concrete arguments and facts to proceed imo. Getting into the EU is the way to go for me. That’s a vote winner that would sway me. 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Why don't you want a referendum at the moment ?

Regardless of the circumstances at Westminster I don't think we would win. Boris Johnson is a poor Prime Minister and this is an awful Westminster Government but it would appear people are still not convinced we'd be better governing ourselves, which I find ludicrous. Until I feel a shift then I'm not confident. 

Nucky Thompson

I saw the fat Hibs prick on tv talking about independence and Scotland needs to rejoin the EU family.

So he wants to break up a union with a country we share the same island with to join another union and take orders from Brussels :rofl:

Thank **** most people in Scotland can see through this pish

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye they've certainly shown that the last 3 or 4 elections. 

The union is disintegrating before your very eyes. 

:greggy:

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I saw the fat Hibs prick on tv talking about independence and Scotland needs to rejoin the EU family.

So he wants to break up a union with a country we share the same island with to join another union and take orders from Brussels :rofl:

So we take orders from England? 

Nucky Thompson
20 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

So we take orders from England? 

No. The main UK parliament is in England, but with devolved powers we have loads of feck ups attributed to the SNP 

Edited by Nucky Thompson

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Regardless of the circumstances at Westminster I don't think we would win. Boris Johnson is a poor Prime Minister and this is an awful Westminster Government but it would appear people are still not convinced we'd be better governing ourselves, which I find ludicrous. Until I feel a shift then I'm not confident. 

I know some folk don't really hold a high opinion of Craig Murray, however, he did say something that I thought was pretty interesting, 

Essentially that there is little movement in the polling because the general public aren't being exposed to the independence argument in the same way they would if there was a referendum and all the appropriate campaigning. When we started this journey way back in 2011, we were only at 29%, but by Sept 2014 we'd managed to jump it up to 45% because we had the likes of Salmond, Sturgeon, etc on the TV every other day putting forward the argument for independence. Until that same intensity is matched, I don't think we're ever going see the polls organically go over 50% and stay there. They did following Brexit, which IMO was the time to strike, 'material change in circumstances' was a perfectly legitimate argument but instead the SNP decided to try and stop Brexit for some reason.

I think it comes back to the idea of 'no guts, no glory' and pushing forward with a referendum now, is a whole lot safer (in terms of getting a yes vote) than in 2014. Waiting until we're at 55-60% is a fools errand because I do not believe that will happen. Brexit was a shock to the system and people responded, now its been normalised the momentum has died off a bit so we've dipped below 50% again. 

The Dragon Reborn
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No. The main UK parliament is in England, but with devolved powers we have loads of feck ups attributed to the SNP 

Would an independent Scotland within the EU have more or less power than Scotland currently does within the UK?🫠

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Aye they've certainly shown that the last 3 or 4 elections. 

The union is disintegrating before your very eyes. 

:greggy:

What elections are you talking about? The Scottish ones that the Tories throw a bone to and don't actually give a feck :rofl:

They don't matter a jot as long as Scotland are part of the UK :robboyas:

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Would an independent Scotland within the EU have more or less power than Scotland currently does within the UK?🫠

We would be stuck with the bureaucratic pish orders that the EU would give us. So no change 

Konrad von Carstein
41 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Stop drinking and go to your bed you twonk 😁

What orders did we (UK) ever take from Brussels?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Honestly amusing reading comments about English nationalism, as if Scotland isn’t one of the most xenophobic countries going :lol:

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Honestly amusing reading comments about English nationalism, as if Scotland isn’t one of the most xenophobic countries going :lol:

313779_2200-732x549.jpg

Roxy Hearts
31 minutes ago, OTT said:

I know some folk don't really hold a high opinion of Craig Murray, however, he did say something that I thought was pretty interesting, 

Essentially that there is little movement in the polling because the general public aren't being exposed to the independence argument in the same way they would if there was a referendum and all the appropriate campaigning. When we started this journey way back in 2011, we were only at 29%, but by Sept 2014 we'd managed to jump it up to 45% because we had the likes of Salmond, Sturgeon, etc on the TV every other day putting forward the argument for independence. Until that same intensity is matched, I don't think we're ever going see the polls organically go over 50% and stay there. They did following Brexit, which IMO was the time to strike, 'material change in circumstances' was a perfectly legitimate argument but instead the SNP decided to try and stop Brexit for some reason.

I think it comes back to the idea of 'no guts, no glory' and pushing forward with a referendum now, is a whole lot safer (in terms of getting a yes vote) than in 2014. Waiting until we're at 55-60% is a fools errand because I do not believe that will happen. Brexit was a shock to the system and people responded, now its been normalised the momentum has died off a bit so we've dipped below 50% again. 

Good post. Permutations, permutations. Stick or twist. There's also the fight against propaganda etc!

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Stop drinking and go to your bed you twonk 😁

What orders did we (UK) ever take from Brussels?

Seriously :biggrin2:

Bloody hell, the unionists have totally lost it. Not got a clue why they hate the idea of their country running their country but it's hilarious to read their tears and snotters after yet another democratic defeat for them. 

The Dragon Reborn
51 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We would be stuck with the bureaucratic pish orders that the EU would give us. So no change 

That’s not answering the question.

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Bloody hell, the unionists have totally lost it. Not got a clue why they hate the idea of their country running their country but it's hilarious to read their tears and snotters after yet another democratic defeat for them. 

Defeat :rofl:

Boris still PM :rofl:

The Tories still doing what the feck the want :rofl:

But you're ecstatic that the SNP have won another pointless 'local' election :rofl:

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Defeat :rofl:

Boris still PM :rofl:

The Tories still doing what the feck the want :rofl:

But you're ecstatic that the SNP have won another pointless 'local' election :rofl:

They win every election. If it was your party you'd be delighted. Give them some credit!

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

No I don't think so.

England don't 'rule' us. We are part of a union on the same island 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

They win every election. If it was your party you'd be delighted. Give them some credit!

Aye they do, but it's shite because people are voting for them for the wrong reasons.

Folk moan about a one party regime in Westminster, but still vote for the shit SNP up here

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What elections are you talking about? The Scottish ones that the Tories throw a bone to and don't actually give a feck :rofl:

They don't matter a jot as long as Scotland are part of the UK :robboyas:

Take your pick.

Council, Holyrood, Westminster. They all end up the same. 

Remember if it wasn't for the STV system at Holyrood there'd be no Tories and very few Labour MSPs

The Mighty Thor
19 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Shite troll doesn't do questions. 

The Dragon Reborn
13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No I don't think so.

England don't 'rule' us. We are part of a union on the same island 

Again, that’s not an answer to the question. 

Would an independent Scotland with the EU have more powers than Scotland does currently within the UK?

The Dragon Reborn
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Shite troll doesn't do questions. 

I like Nucky. Normally worth reading his posts even though I disagree with his political view and usually quite reasonable. Not sure what’s going on tonight though. 

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye they do, but it's shite because people are voting for them for the wrong reasons.

Folk moan about a one party regime in Westminster, but still vote for the shit SNP up here

People vote for certain reasons. Unionists are the worst IMO. Ingrained idiocy. No original thoughts, no moving forward, no energy. Just mundane status quo.

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Take your pick.

Council, Holyrood, Westminster. They all end up the same. 

Remember if it wasn't for the STV system at Holyrood there'd be no Tories and very few Labour MSPs

Sorry mate, but  it makes no difference.

You hate the tories and the SNP winning elections in Scotland is pointless

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

I like Nucky. Normally worth reading his posts even though I disagree with his political view and usually quite reasonable. Not sure what’s going on tonight though. 

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷