• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not particularly. I'd take the union over whatever vision of Scotland Sturgeon and her fanatics are putting forward, however. Happy to vote 'yes' again, as I did in 2014, if I were confident her and the nodding dogs she surrounds herself with were unlikely to end up winning the first couple of elections post-indy.

It's only shite chat because a few posters are determined to have a go at anyone who doesn't think independence is the cure-all they have so evidently pinned a worryingly large chunk of their hopes and dreams on. I've heard it from a couple of mates offline, and they are rapidly on their way to becoming bitter, nasty men with a chip on their shoulder big enough to feed the Broons.

It's all so reminiscent of the Labour voters I grew up with during Thatcher's years. The saddest part of that era was the same guys who would have elected Hitler as long as he'd had a red rosette on then turned on Blair for not, basically, being Kinnock or Foot.

Independence is unlikely to have a very large impact on major chunks of most our lives, something that will lead to either resentment or delusion among many of the more vehement yes voters.

Anyway, apologies for the shite chat. 

Against shit debating but

"fanatics"

"nodding dogs"

"bitter, nasty men with a chip on their shoulder"

You guys aren't complaining because of the quality of debate, you're complaining because you're not winning the debate, and it must be the debate's fault.

New Town Loafer
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

It's bad enough that Scotland's First Minister uses the platform of local council elections which have nothing to do with constitutional issues to push her independence agenda. However using that platform  to comment on Sinn Fein and the constitutional issues of another country sums up her interest in local government. Get your own house in order and sort out Education, Health Services and the poverty gap on your own doorstep and maybe we'll take your opinions seriously.

Yep.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

It's bad enough that Scotland's First Minister uses the platform of local council elections which have nothing to do with constitutional issues to push her independence agenda. However using that platform  to comment on Sinn Fein and the constitutional issues of another country sums up her interest in local government. Get your own house in order and sort out Education, Health Services and the poverty gap on your own doorstep and maybe we'll take your opinions seriously.

it was also quite inflammatory too. Cause bother in an empty house that one. ( although I do agree with a United Ireland but through  a Ref ) 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Happy to vote 'yes' again, as I did in 2014, if I were confident her and the nodding dogs she surrounds herself with were unlikely to end up winning the first couple of elections post-indy.

See this is the issue, Why arent Indy supporters asking why those who voted Yes ( like you and me) in 2014 have serious reservations about voting Yes again if and when there is a another Indy vote.?  What has changed ? 

Unknown user
Just now, jonesy said:

Christ sakes. With both you and @Roxy Hearts, unless every second post is a diatribe against the feckin Tories then you’re automatically classed as some kind of UJ-waving, Farage-supporting, Savile-enabling, Brexit-voting, Boris-believing, Scotland-hating loon. 

Blame the debate

Unknown user
Just now, jonesy said:

Mate, you’re not even making sense anymore. :( 

Will leave you to it. Take it easy. :) 

I will continue to take it easy, and likewise

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

TBQH, the (online) debate has polarised so much that there’s probably a majority of us in the middle somewhere. But in the same way that you can’t be ‘just’ a Hearts fan to those who view the world through OF lenses, there’s only die-hard yes/no voters to these people.

Yes there's seems to be nothing in between.  I am not 100 % against Indy but am concerned about the economic argument and the impact on all of us due to this. I totally get the bit about us Scots having the right to self govern. Totally get it but as what cost ? 

Mikey1874

SNP expanding their coalitions to include Sinn Fein, now. With both wanting votes as soon as possible. 

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Christ sakes. With both you and @Roxy Hearts, unless every second post is a diatribe against the feckin Tories then you’re automatically classed as some kind of UJ-waving, Farage-supporting, Savile-enabling, Brexit-voting, Boris-believing, Scotland-hating loon. 

I dislike Tories, Labour and Libdems equally 😉

Lord Montpelier
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

SNP expanding their coalitions to include Sinn Fein, now. With both wanting votes as soon as possible. 

I wonder if any Scottish nationalist on here would support closer links between the SNP and the more than dubious Sinn Fein ?

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I wonder if any Scottish nationalist on here would support closer links between the SNP and the more than dubious Sinn Fein ?

:rofl:

7 hours ago, XB52 said:

You gave him the facts about housing but, as usual, he just refuses to accept facts. 

The facts are this.

Homelessness has grown in Scotland since Sturgeon replaced Salmond.

There are 100,000 children in temporary housing.

The biggest cause of poverty in Edinburgh is housing costs.

Affordable housing has not been met by the government but the figures have been massaged to look as though is has.

I've discussed this with a few posters including Smithhee.

He quoted 28,000 out of a promised 35.

He put that down to covid.

Despite the fact that relatively speaking construction was unaffected by the pandemic.

And in fact housebuilding has boomed.

I've posted numerous links to this .

Last time you posted a reply to me you told me to piss off.

Don't piggy back on Smithee cause I called you out for posting pish.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

That sound you just heard, ladies and gents, was of the mic hitting the floor at the end of Ked's post.

🎤

I bit a beauty I must admit

😂

Not good from the insular Macron.

Ukraine's long wait to join the EU.

It will take years if not decades for Ukraine to be accepted as a member of the European Union, French President Emmanuel Macron has said.

"That is the truth, unless we decide to lower the standards for accession and rethink the unity of our Europe."
Instead of allowing countries to join the bloc immediately, the EU should consider the possibility of creating a "parallel European community" that countries like Ukraine could join and still benefit from Europe's security architecture.

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, Imaman said:

It will take years if not decades for Ukraine to be accepted as a member of the European Union, French President Emmanuel Macron has said.

"That is the truth, unless we decide to lower the standards for accession and rethink the unity of our Europe."
Instead of allowing countries to join the bloc immediately, the EU should consider the possibility of creating a "parallel European community" that countries like Ukraine could join and still benefit from Europe's security architecture.

Not good news for an Indy Scotland then ? 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not good news for an Indy Scotland then ? 

The light just went out 💡

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Imaman said:

The light just went out 💡

😂 oh well never mind , back to the drawling board , there’s always the economic argument.  Oh wait. ….

The Dragon Reborn
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

Daily Record: New Scottish independence poll shows just 29 per cent want referendum by end of 2023. 🤔
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scottish-independence-poll-2023-vote-26904429

Just underlines why it shouldn’t happen in the next two years. Lots of people who do support a referendum feel the timing isn’t right. Me included.

The Dragon Reborn
5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

See this is the issue, Why arent Indy supporters asking why those who voted Yes ( like you and me) in 2014 have serious reservations about voting Yes again if and when there is a another Indy vote.?  What has changed? 

In your case…the wind.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

In your case…the wind.

And look  who the wind just blew in ! 

3D2D8E6B-5572-4DD1-A8C1-7F905B409F55.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's fine. We can just join the Donbas, Transnistria and London to become part of Greater Russia.

🇷🇺

Naw we cannae ! Dinnae encourage them 

The Dragon Reborn
1 hour ago, Imaman said:

Macron has made his thoughts on Scotland and the EU very clear in the past. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ked said:

The facts are this.

Homelessness has grown in Scotland since Sturgeon replaced Salmond.

There are 100,000 children in temporary housing.

The biggest cause of poverty in Edinburgh is housing costs.

Affordable housing has not been met by the government but the figures have been massaged to look as though is has.

I've discussed this with a few posters including Smithhee.

He quoted 28,000 out of a promised 35.

He put that down to covid.

Despite the fact that relatively speaking construction was unaffected by the pandemic.

And in fact housebuilding has boomed.

I've posted numerous links to this .

Last time you posted a reply to me you told me to piss off.

Don't piggy back on Smithee cause I called you out for posting pish.

The biggest cause of poverty in Edinburgh is housing costs?

Surely it's lack of income? 🤔

As with the link I shared at the time, the Ferret are happy to be neutral, they'll go after the SNP when appropriate. It's them saying that covid affected things and they've looked into it more than I have, I trust their judgement on this one.

I think we need more, a lot more social housing myself, but you were painting a really grim picture while avoiding numbers, and that's the only reason I sought out the actual figures and the most neutral analysis I could find.

TBH I wish I'd never bothered though, it's really not been worth the effort!

There should be more affordable and social housing, I agree, but I don't agree with your outrage over this specific target.

Everything went to shit, resources got stretched and diverted with testing, isolation, dealing with the local fallout from dealing with a global pandemic etc, I think it's pretty decent that they hit 80% of the 5 year target considering.

"relatively speaking construction was unaffected by the pandemic"

Aye, but the available funds weren't.

frankblack
2 hours ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Just underlines why it shouldn’t happen in the next two years. Lots of people who do support a referendum feel the timing isn’t right. Me included.

If we had a referendum this year, Sturgeon would just demand another one a couple of days after losing it anyway.

Space Mackerel

It always amazed me why people like Anas Sarwar don’t want to be Premiership politicians, on the World stage representing Scotland, but to remain in some League 1 status instead, fighting over crumbs.

Most bizarre.

Space Mackerel

But then again, what do expect off an ex millionaires privately educated son, after all Boris Johnson comes from the same ilk. 

Chin chin. 

🥳

Lord Montpelier
7 hours ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Just underlines why it shouldn’t happen in the next two years. Lots of people who do support a referendum feel the timing isn’t right. Me 

When will the "timing" be right ? 

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It will be interesting to see where they go with this.

Irish reunification and Scottish independence are polar opposites in so many obvious ways, that other than grabbing some headlines I can't see how this could help the SNP strategy. 

45 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

When will the "timing" be right ? 

When they think they will win. Embarrassing stuff as usual from the nationalists. 😂

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

The biggest cause of poverty in Edinburgh is housing costs?

Surely it's lack of income? 🤔

As with the link I shared at the time, the Ferret are happy to be neutral, they'll go after the SNP when appropriate. It's them saying that covid affected things and they've looked into it more than I have, I trust their judgement on this one.

I think we need more, a lot more social housing myself, but you were painting a really grim picture while avoiding numbers, and that's the only reason I sought out the actual figures and the most neutral analysis I could find.

TBH I wish I'd never bothered though, it's really not been worth the effort!

There should be more affordable and social housing, I agree, but I don't agree with your outrage over this specific target.

Everything went to shit, resources got stretched and diverted with testing, isolation, dealing with the local fallout from dealing with a global pandemic etc, I think it's pretty decent that they hit 80% of the 5 year target considering.

"relatively speaking construction was unaffected by the pandemic"

Aye, but the available funds weren't.

Reread your own link regards the figures .

Also don't take my word for it but the greatest measure to alleviate poverty is rent /housing costs.

You cited that the only reason the SG failed to reach their targets were covid.

And for someone who says they wish they hadn't bothered to then defend their shit record on affordable housing over the course of 10 years with global pandemic shit?

Come on Smithee that's not defending independence now is it...

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

When they think they will win. Embarrassing stuff as usual from the nationalists. 😂

As Louis Armstrong once said 'we have all the time in the world'.

Conditions for the next referendum just keep on improving. 

Scotland keeps on drifting further and further away from England in pretty much every single way. 

We were told that Krankie would take a battering in the local elections, and just like the last 10 elections of every type, the SNP wiped the floor with the branch office parties. Again.

You boys still think that this is all a flash in the pan and that the Branch Office parties will resurge to once again dominate Scottish politics.

Y'all probably need to wrap your heads around the fact that this is the direction of travel and the Scottish electorate can see right through the hoose Jocks like wee Doogz, Mooth, Anus, Dicky Leonard (who?)

You cling on real tight to the sooky blanket of the past though and the rest of us will go forward to Scotland's future 👍

18 hours ago, frankblack said:

Daily Record: New Scottish independence poll shows just 29 per cent want referendum by end of 2023. 🤔
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scottish-independence-poll-2023-vote-26904429

Further evidence that (most) people want their politicians to focus on the cost of living crisis rather than identity politics. 

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, pablo said:

Further evidence that (most) people want their politicians to focus on the cost of living crisis rather than identity politics. 

Absolutely correct Pablo. Or even just filling in some pot holes would be a start. 

24 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

As Louis Armstrong once said 'we have all the time in the world'.

Conditions for the next referendum just keep on improving. 

Scotland keeps on drifting further and further away from England in pretty much every single way. 

We were told that Krankie would take a battering in the local elections, and just like the last 10 elections of every type, the SNP wiped the floor with the branch office parties. Again.

You boys still think that this is all a flash in the pan and that the Branch Office parties will resurge to once again dominate Scottish politics.

Y'all probably need to wrap your heads around the fact that this is the direction of travel and the Scottish electorate can see right through the hoose Jocks like wee Doogz, Mooth, Anus, Dicky Leonard (who?)

You cling on real tight to the sooky blanket of the past though and the rest of us will go forward to Scotland's future 👍

You’ve made most if not all of that up Thor when really there is no need to. The SNP are in as strong as a position as they have ever been but still it’s not right time. 😂

https://www.scottishhousingnews.com/articles/housing-the-single-most-important-factor-in-reducing-poverty-in-edinburgh

There's lots  @Smithee .

If the pandemic showed anything it was to highlight the neglect by lots of governments to address the problem.

Edinburgh Council being by far the worst .

It's not anti independence to point out failings .

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You’ve made most if not all of that up Thor when really there is no need to. The SNP are in as strong as a position as they have ever been but still it’s not right time. 😂

What's the hurry? The shift away from traditional politics is gaining speed. 

A lot of the dafties up here are still clinging on to the union like battered wives. They're not ready yet.

The penny will drop eventually 👍

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What's the hurry? The shift away from traditional politics is gaining speed. 

A lot of the dafties up here are still clinging on to the union like battered wives. They're not ready yet.

The penny will drop eventually 👍

There is no hurry but the independence argument has been going on for sone time. If it so great at the end of the rainbow let’s get it sorted now and move on. We had a vote, you lost and so far the only bad losers with toys out the pram are nationalists who inexplicably and continually paint unionists in a derogatory manner while sitting on those high horses claiming some sort of victory. It’s totally bizarre. There is no penny to drop, if we have another one and it’s a yes then while it’s not what I want I will happily accept the result. 

Edited by Dazo

Lord Montpelier
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

There is no hurry but the independence argument has been going on for sone time. If it so great at the end of the rainbow let’s get it sorted now and move on. We had a vote, you lost and so far the only bad losers with toys out the pram are nationalists who inexplicably and continually paint unionists in a derogatory manner while sitting on those high horses claiming some sort of victory. It’s totally bizarre. There is no penny to drop, if we have another one and it’s a yes then while it’s not what I want I will happily accept the result. 

SNP have had long enough now to convince people a vote is worthwhile after losing the last one with toys out the tartan pram everywhere. 

Recent reports suggest the electorate are not interested. 

They've failed to convince, even when Boris et al are falling over each other to outdo themselves in terms of stupidity.

Time for them to get on with the day job or let someone else do it.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Reread your own link regards the figures .

Also don't take my word for it but the greatest measure to alleviate poverty is rent /housing costs.

You cited that the only reason the SG failed to reach their targets were covid.

And for someone who says they wish they hadn't bothered to then defend their shit record on affordable housing over the course of 10 years with global pandemic shit?

Come on Smithee that's not defending independence now is it...

You're all over the bloody place!

You said housing hosts were the main cause of poverty, not alleviating poverty (pretty much the exact opposite of what you said!) or whatever you're claiming now. 

I didn't say I was defending independence, I said I don't like fake bullshit like this being thrown at the SNP because the dafties doing it think they're attacking independence.

And I haven't defended their record over 10 years, I said they were close to hitting their 5 year target, which you were attacking.

What I say and what you read into it are clearly two different things

The Mighty Thor
20 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Like I said plenty time.

All the lies and bullshit of the 'No' campaign are unravelling continuously. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

SNP have had long enough now to convince people a vote is worthwhile after losing the last one with toys out the tartan pram everywhere. 

Recent reports suggest the electorate are not interested. 

They've failed to convince, even when Boris et al are falling over each other to outdo themselves in terms of stupidity.

Time for them to get on with the day job or let someone else do it.

Aye we've had plenty of time. What's the union had? 300 odd years.

There's been 10 elections mate. 10. 

Every single one the Tories and Labour haven't even registered. 

Without STV how many of them would be in Holyrood?

Mind Mooth? The great white hope of unionism?  Did she ever win a seat outright or did she slink in on silver and bronze medals? 

Unknown user
31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That's not Tory at heart complaining at people on their high horses being derisory now is it?

Goodness me!

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Stop being so reasonable. It only confuses some of the more self-appointed spokesmen for the oppressed woad-faced masses.

Is this the quality of debate we should all be aiming for?

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

A wiser man than me once said, "I'll leave you to it as this conversation is not of interest to me."

Have a good day, Smithster. :) 

Shitposting after spending all day moaning about shitposting though...