***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'd take Lafferty tbh. Would probably be a good player to help Stockton improve, he does seem a bit of a manchild though but if he scores goals then **** it.

Interesting about Boyce - Someone mentioned we had a season ticket selling signing agreed before he backed out - Could have been Boyce?

Also Michael Smith is a RB so I guess that means Whittaker is going to the hobos?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The White Cockade

people talking as though Lafferty is some kind of world beater

Total of 5 goals in last 3 years......

Rudolf's Mate

That reads as though he's doing what many have done on here and guessing due to squad numbers. Absolutely no information to back up the headline they've used [emoji85]

Bazzas right boot

people talking as though Lafferty is some kind of world beater

Total of 5 goals in last 3 years......

Nah, most are saying he'd do a job in our league.

We_are_the_Hearts

Nah, most are saying he'd do a job in our league.

He has before, when the standard was higher

kingantti1874

For the level we are currently at.. A kyle lafferty is as good as we will get.. Unless you unearth a gem like we did with sow.. But those type of signings are few and far between.

Also many have commented on his character.. Yes he can be a bit of an arse.. We need more folk like that.. This club has gone soft.. The way that jobs bullied us in the cup was absolutely sickening.. One of the worst things I've ever seen.. Give me a team full of kyle laffertys.. Sure as shit that won't happen again.

IveSeenTheLight

That reads as though he's doing what many have done on here and guessing due to squad numbers. Absolutely no information to back up the headline they've used [emoji85]

Its entirely possible that Hearts are NOT looking for another keeper and by making Jack and Viktor 13 & 31, its a message that there is no no1 and that they are both fighting for a starting place.

Escobar PHM

I would be very surprised if he comes up here, he is a decent player, certainly all morals go out the window with him. LOL

Whats the 'moral' issue with Lafferty ?

Lafferty is exactly the sort of player I want at our club. Knob, he is that, but as some folk have already pointed out, we need an edge back to our team that has been sadly missing for a wee while now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Prince Buaben

Good signing.. 

A bit attitude.. 

Think its what we need.

Dagger Is Back

Last thing we need is someone with a poor attitude. If Lafferty ever were to sign for us you'd have to wonder again what the hell Levein is up to.

Very poor appearance and goal record over the last 3 years.

No thanks

Whoever comes in has to be able to play to the style and shape Cathro wants. Cowie said the team/players weren't capable of doing that last season. The first couple of games will be huge for all of us.

Last thing we need is someone with a poor attitude. If Lafferty ever were to sign for us you'd have to wonder again what the hell Levein is up to.

No thanks

Where is evidence of a poor attitude? I know, as literally everyone else has said, that he is a knob. But when watching him play (rarely over the last couple of years admittedly), he always gets stuck in, drives teammates forward, works exceptionally hard and is rarely bullied. That was sorely lacking last season. Add in the fact that he's actually a decent footballer as well and I'd be more than happy to have him playing for us instead of against us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Elias Henry Furst

For the level we are currently at.. A kyle lafferty is as good as we will get.. Unless you unearth a gem like we did with sow.. But those type of signings are few and far between.

Also many have commented on his character.. Yes he can be a bit of an arse.. We need more folk like that.. This club has gone soft.. The way that jobs bullied us in the cup was absolutely sickening.. One of the worst things I've ever seen.. Give me a team full of kyle laffertys.. Sure as shit that won't happen again.

Correct.

Rudolf's Mate

Doubt it's going to happen with Lafferty. It's similar to the Ameobi one. It was being quietly talked about 3-4 weeks ago and now it's widespread I think that ship has sailed.

Is have lafferty in a heartbeat, as **** have said he's a bit of bellend and loatheabke but he would give the current team a bit of badness!!

We_are_the_Hearts

Where is evidence of a poor attitude? I know, as literally everyone else has said, that he is a knob. But when watching him play (rarely over the last couple of years admittedly), he always gets stuck in, drives teammates forward, works exceptionally hard and is rarely bullied. That was sorely lacking last season. Add in the fact that he's actually a decent footballer as well and I'd be more than happy to have him playing for us instead of against us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Exactly, it's made up

siegementality

Its entirely possible that Hearts are NOT looking for another keeper and by making Jack and Viktor 13 & 31, its a message that there is no no1 and that they are both fighting for a starting place.

That might make sense if both current keepers weren't crap.

Alandickson5_1

As i read this, for the first time, i realised our keepers are Jack and Viktor. Comedy duo

A_A wehatethehibs

If we give 29 year old Kyle Lafferty a 3 year deal I think I will throw up.

Conor sammon has put me off signing washed up released strikers from down south who were alright 6 or 7 years ago in the SPL

favouriteplayer

I would bite your hand off for Kyle Lafferty, highly doubt it'll happen.

Escobar PHM

No thanks

Clearly Norwich was too high a level for him to break into the team and the two loan spells were a waste of time for an experienced player like him. He hasn't been injured a lot, just not selected.

SPFL is more his level and he's street wise and has a bit of guts about him. He'd get double figures up here.

Where is evidence of a poor attitude?

I think this stems from the "Irishman without rules" stuff from when he was at Palermo. This is a quote from their chairman

"His behaviour is unmanageable. I asked Iachini to straighten him out but he told me can?t. Kyle?s an Irishman without rules.?

?He never trains, he?s completely off the rails. On the field, he?s a great player because he?s given us everything he had and more.?

Fitzroy Pointon

20 goals at international level?  That will do for me.  

Okay on reflection, the majority of them came against minnows but still decent.  Steven Fletcher has nine for Scotland and 7 of them came against Gibralter and Malta and I would be delighted if we signed him.  

I don't think Lafferty will sign as I think he will have more lucrative offers down south but I am in the "would be happy if we did" camp.  

Lafferty would be an absolutely fantastic signing for Hearts. Let's not kid ourselves on here.

heartsfc_fan

Lafferty would be an absolutely fantastic signing for Hearts. Let's not kid ourselves on here.

He would be

Jambo 4 Ever

I would bite your hand off for Kyle Lafferty, highly doubt it'll happen.

Is he really all that good now though?

A bit of a Connor Sammon player?!

Jambo 4 Ever
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Afraid I don't know anything yet sir.

But I'd take him.

The hippy one as the frothy types like to call him. Let me know though :wink:

Escobar PHM

Just for starters:

[

Didn't read all the links you painstakingly put there. I wasn't asking if he's a bit of a knob, because clearly at times he has been. I asking asking what the moral bar would be to him signing for us. It appears there isn't one.

I really hope that we don't sign him. I don't think he's all that great either. Stevie May would be better.

Really weird that the County boss would say that we'do agreed a fee for Boyle. That must have been a substantial sum if so.

Most of the players were linked with would definitely improve us, it's getting 1 or 2 over the line which will be the problem. Atleast it would appear management can see what we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambo 4 Ever

Didn't read all the links you painstakingly put there. I wasn't asking if he's a bit of a knob, because clearly at times he has been. I asking asking what the moral bar would be to him signing for us. It appears there isn't one.

But we are going for players who are supposed to be decent people off the pitch too - maybe that is the moral bar

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sun reporting Michael Smith peterbourgh right back

You just concentrate on keeping Mr Kaplan at bay

Nookie Bear

Can you summarise these briefly?

It's not really needed surely? He's been trouble for his entire career.

Elias Henry Furst

But we are going for players who are supposed to be decent people off the pitch too - maybe that is the moral bar

Says who?

That was Neilsons words was it not?

We need a few arseholes in the team. Niggly, irritating arseholes that wind up the opposition and moan at the referee.

Archived