***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fraz the postie

I would also be an "aye" for the Lafferty boy.

Let's not go breaking any wage caps however,

I'm not in a rush to go getting loads of players if big Lafferty joins would

Walker have a rethink about staying or has he burnt his bridges ?

I know they are few and far between but when was the last time we had a midfielder that would drive at people, skip past a man etc? I thought Tony Watt might be the man early on last season but quickly faded away.

Would love to have someone that would do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour M Hersh

Nowt to add other than to say I think Lafferty is a grade A prick....who I'd LOVE to see in a Hearts shirt.

We NEED some arrogance in our side, we NEED some attitude in our team, we NEED some fight/desire in our team. He's got all of that, and some.

Imagine we'd have had him up front, and Berra at the back, against Hibs last year? Would we have been bullied off the park the way we were with those two in the side? I'd highly doubt it.

Id be delighted to sign him.

That's how i'm looking at it as well Mr S. He's the sort of player you loathe as fan when he's an opponent but love when he's in your team (at least I hope that's how it works).

Watt-Zeefuik

I only remember a little bit of Lafferty's career but he certainly sounds like one of those players you hate when he's in an opposing jersey and you might even hate after he's left the club but you love how he winds up opposing fans.

I'm frankly a bit sick of us signing players who say all the right things about Hearts when they show up but it's clear they knew f---all about us before they got here.  Lafferty knows exactly what he's coming to at Tynecastle.  If he comes it means he's probably 29 and has made plenty of money at Norwich and just wants to play football now and is tired of getting lost in the shuffle.  He knows he'll get minutes at Hearts and the deranged fan culture will be a notch down from Ibrox.

My favorite players are always the good citizens but I fully agree that we're in dire need of a couple of utter arseholes on the pitch right now.

Bowmans_Boot

I didn't suggest that it was conclusive proof.

Just seems like a strange thing for Michael O'Neill to come out with.

Can it at least be taken as fact that we were speaking to County about the player?

It might not even have been during this transfer window.

I wasnt saying you were saying that!

I thought it was a bit of a throwaway remark that he made, hence I wouldnt trust it 100%.

I know they are few and far between but when was the last time we had a midfielder that would drive at people, skip past a man etc? I thought Tony Watt might be the man early on last season but quickly faded away.

Would love to have someone that would do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie Walker

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Shit is this Lafferty thing actually happening? Gutted.

Funnily enough you have the Chilean version of Lafferty as your KB username. :laugh:

sairyinthat

And there is part of the problem. How can we justify blowing a substantial part of the wage budget on Lafferty when we are so woefully inadequate almost everywhere else. Personally I'd rather see us go with what we've got up front, Isma. Johnsen and Stockton and maybe get the boy from Newcastle in, and make sure we get proper full backs and a driving central midfielder of decent quality. We'll not be playing with right up top width anyway so wingers not absolutely essential

Got the impression we are considerably wealthier than yow would imagine.

gashauskis9

Nowt to add other than to say I think Lafferty is a grade A prick....who I'd LOVE to see in a Hearts shirt.

We NEED some arrogance in our side, we NEED some attitude in our team, we NEED some fight/desire in our team. He's got all of that, and some.

Imagine we'd have had him up front, and Berra at the back, against Hibs last year? Would we have been bullied off the park the way we were with those two in the side? I'd highly doubt it.

Id be delighted to sign him.

What he said

Advanced? Discussing how many sugars he takes in his tea and shit like that?

Yeah

Talks and advanced talks

Then there is no talking

The Internet

Funnily enough you have the Chilean version of Lafferty as your KB username. :laugh:

30656_mauricio_ricardo_pinilla_1.jpg

I'll pretend this didn't happen.

AlphonseCapone

If we sign Lafferty, I'll obviously hope he does well and proves me wrong but I think he is shite. His goal scoring record is terrible and the international goals he has scored were mainly friendlies and against minnows. I posted the stats on his goals very early on in this thread before it smashed into a tree at high speed.

Why exactly is lafferty a "pr***" or "lacks morals" etc?

Genuinely have no idea. Heard he was a bit of a character off field but has he been in news for a specific incident etc?

johncomets2

don't want to see lafferty anywhere near a hearts top.  especially that sexy new one we've got for the new season!  he's expensive, well past his best which was overhyped to begin with and a cheater.  makes juanma look like the picture of professionalism.  will be disgusted if we sign him, we can do better and it'll cost less.

Escobar PHM

Got the impression we are considerably wealthier than yow would imagine.

Its quite clear from the publicly available accounts how wealthy we are unless its changed considerably since June 2016. I'd imagine in fact that the ground re-development plans are making us less wealthy than we were as of June 2016 if anything.

don't want to see lafferty anywhere near a hearts top. especially that sexy new one we've got for the new season! he's expensive, well past his best which was overhyped to begin with and a cheater. makes juanma look like the picture of professionalism. will be disgusted if we sign him, we can do better and it'll cost less.

I think Killen would be a disgusting signing just say you wouldn't want him to sign to say disgusting is a bit ott is it no, plenty of cheats out there I'd love to see in a hearts top.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

People saying they wouldn't take lafferty!!!!

Have a ****in day off....

Good player. Can hold the ball up, will score goals given a run up here. , A horrible ******* to boot. Exactly what we need.

If we sign Lafferty, I'll obviously hope he does well and proves me wrong but I think he is shite. His goal scoring record is terrible and the international goals he has scored were mainly friendlies and against minnows. I posted the stats on his goals very early on in this thread before it smashed into a tree at high speed.

These so called minnows are likely better than most SPL teams.

Have a ****** day off....

Good player. Can hold the ball up, will score goals given a run up here. , A horrible ******* to boot. Exactly what we need.

Correct

If this comes off then surely Johnstone or sammon, if not both are away

If this comes off then surely Johnstone or sammon, if not both are away

I'd suggest both. Free up wages. It'll depending on someone taking over their contracts.

FarmerTweedy

Talks with Lafferty to take place tomorrow.

Sky are currently saying we're in advanced talks with him and that h1b5 are also interested.

Like Sifter, I think he's a grade A bellend but one that would significantly improve us!

rudi must stay

Great player in my opinion, and the level of football has dropped since he's left. If we get him then I think next season will be a very good season for Hearts. In all honesty it is a positive we're even after that quality of player

jamboinglasgow

I'd suggest both. Free up wages. It'll depending on someone taking over their contracts.

Maybe I am pessamistic but I just cant see someone taking those two (or at least offering those two enough wages that it would make sense to leave their Hearts contracts.)

sairyinthat

And I will be expecting a transfer fee for the Osh

Escobar PHM

Maybe I am pessamistic but I just cant see someone taking those two (or at least offering those two enough wages that it would make sense to leave their Hearts contracts.)

We might be able to shift Johnsen since he just got his first cap for Norway and that might give the illusion that he's good. Sammon ? We're stuck with him and we'll have to ship him out on loan to minimise what we're spending on him.

Why exactly is lafferty a "pr***" or "lacks morals" etc?

Genuinely have no idea. Heard he was a bit of a character off field but has he been in news for a specific incident etc?

Nothing then? So folk just don't like him then. Wow sounds like a horrible human being

rudi must stay

Every player we go for, the vermin seem to target as well

We're the ones who have got him at the discussion table though

jamboinglasgow

We might be able to shift Johnsen since he just got his first cap for Norway and that might give the illusion that he's good. Sammon ? We're stuck with him and we'll have to ship him out on loan to minimise what we're spending on him.

Just re-read that original post I was quoting, thought it was Sammon and Osh. I agree Johnsen may be easier to move on.

As ever wages could prove to be the stumbling block . Hopefully with Hughes and Mcphee on our side we can convince him to sign if our offer isn't to far away from any better offers .

Berra and the likes of Lafferty are exactly the type of players we need right now . Here's hoping .

Heck, this is like the Whittaker thing...as a fan of Norwich I hope we keep clear of Lafferty. Mind you, at least Lafferty isn't a crock.

Former Norwich City striker Kyle Lafferty is close to joining Hearts, the striker has agreed personal terms and will have a medical #HMFC

jamboinglasgow

That's how i'm looking at it as well Mr S. He's the sort of player you loathe as fan when he's an opponent but love when he's in your team (at least I hope that's how it works).

I agree. 

One thing I was pleased with about Goncalves was that he knows how to go down and win free kicks in the final third. He goes down very easily and would get called a diver by the opposition but it ultimately gets us good positions for free-kicks. We are naive at times in doing the dirty side of the game. Lafferty will be hated by the opposition and mocked but gets things for us. Same with defence, Pressley was good at diving and winning free kicks to remove attacking pressure on our defence.

Finlay James

Every player we go for, the vermin seem to target as well

They really are like that annoying wee brother who wants to tag along with the older boys and copy everything the big brother does.

Always in our shadow.

Cruyff Turn

Former Norwich City striker Kyle Lafferty is close to joining Hearts, the striker has agreed personal terms and will have a medical #HMFC

Where are you seeing this?

Sauce?

jamboinglasgow

Where are you seeing this?

from where I can locate it, its on a twitter page called @FL92transfer

Sauce?

It's just some shite rumours Twitter account, @FL92Transfer, about as reliable and accurate as The Real Romanov!

Cruyff Turn

from where I can locate it, its on a twitter page called @FL92transfer

I'll take that with a pinch of salt I think. :thumbsup:

maroonplatoon87

This!

Archived