***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

One of my biggest complaints in the second half of last season was the team got bullied all over the park and rolled over too easily. 

Lafferty is a tw@t, however, he gives 100%, puts himself about and doesn't get bullied so I'd take him.  Add to that he is a decent player and I reckon he'd score goals in our league.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A_A wehatethehibs

Can you summarise these briefly?

Summary: Kyle Lafferty is a complete prick who is loathed by all Scottish football fans to a man, even including fans of his dissolved former club Rangers.

We_are_the_Hearts

But we are going for players who are supposed to be decent people off the pitch too - maybe that is the moral bar

Couldn't give a **** what they do off the pitch as long as they do the business on it. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Can you summarise these briefly?

ummm he acts like a bit of a :movethatass: on and off the pitch

You've got time on your hands man

I think it is interesting to see what people on here have said about him in the past, as I doubt he has changed much!

Highers are finished now. 

weird comment

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Summary: Kyle Lafferty is a complete prick who is loathed by all Scottish football fans to a man, even including fans of his dissolved former club Rangers.

Scores a derby winner? King Kyle Legend Lafferty :)

Jambo 4 Ever

Says who?

That was Neilsons words was it not?

We need a few arseholes in the team. Niggly, irritating arseholes that wind up the opposition and moan at the referee.

I think it is important though and I've heard Ann Budge thinks the same too - need to be proper role models on and off the pitch

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think it is important though and I've heard Ann Budge thinks the same too - need to be proper role models on and off the pitch

Like those through our academy who gob at assistant referees?

Let's not be precious or moralistic. Football players will let you down and not always predictable

Elias Henry Furst

Aye, whatever.

After last season the most important thing is having players on the park who will improve us.

Lafferty, despite clearly being a knobend, would.

Lafferty & Isma up top would be a good pairing I think.

he's worth a punt IMO. 

Also, unfair to compare him to Sammon.

Jambo 4 Ever

Aye, whatever.

After last season the most important thing is having players on the park who will improve us.

Fair enough - Each to their own ... I'm just not so sure - don't think he would be worth the higher wage either, and will come thinking he is better than others

Bowmans_Boot

Aye, whatever.

This is what the club said, though, and more than once. We wanted, and analaysed players to ensure they were of the correct personality/behaviour that we wished to be at the club.

As we were so utterly shite last season it could well be the case that our moral superiority is being lessened and that we will look at players for their ability/attitude, rather than for their charity work/free time interests.

I do not want Lafferty at the club due to footballing reasons: I dont think he is very good and wouldnt be worth a large wage. I dont care that much what he is like off the pitch, on it is what matters to me. We do need more players with attitude, who will not be bullied and who have a bit of a backbone to fight when things are tough, but I want them to have talent, as well. 

Would have Kyle Lafferty in a heartbeat. Anyone that says they wouldn't are talking keek! Very very good player: end of!

Would have Kyle Lafferty in a heartbeat. Anyone that says they wouldn't are talking keek! Very very good player: end of!

Your source dried up JJ?

There is no doubt Lafferty divides a lot of people. He does seem to be a bit of a character, but I think hes a pretty decent striker.

Lets not forget he has scored quite a few goals for Northern Irealnd too. He reminds me a bit of Craig Beattie, tall and ungainly and can run the channels. If we get a Lafferty that has matured and has his head screwed on I think he has the makings of a cult here for us.

Also McPhee knows him way better than any of us. Remember at ine time Isma was a handful off the park, but they feel he has matured and they can manage him. They must feel the same about Lafferty. For me Isma and Lafferty is pretty appealling, and the unknown Stockton who could be well for us gives us pretty decent options. Sort out some wide players, and we could be in a pretty healthy position.

No.

oooo, does this leave the previous comment open to interpretation? does jayjay know something and he's not letting on? it's not often he comments on general speculation.....

Winston Ingram

To suggest we will rip up our wage structure for Kyle Lafferty is pish. He'll be paid the same as Berra and whoever else is on the top salary... Sammon, Juwon etc.

The way to sign a player like that is with big bonus incentive either for goals or if he is sold on. Or both. 

I reckon there is a good chance this will happen. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Have you heard anything about a goalkeeper?

:lol:

God loves a trier

May one-six

We are indeed struggling if we're giving serious consideration to taking on Kyle Lafferty. As has been said numerous times on here, the boy's a complete prick. As I recall, he didn't exactly bang them in every week when he was here with the Huns, so any gains would be marginal. File under 'Avoid like the plague' for me.

Jambo 4 Ever

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/former-norwich-city-striker-kyle-lafferty-could-have-a-point-to-prove-at-ipswich-town-says-bryan-hamilton-1-5069137

"The former Burnley and Rangers target man has been let go by the Canaries after making just 14 starts and 25 substitute appearances in three years."

How do we know he is still any good if that is all the games he has played in 3 years?

Morgaro Gomis

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/former-norwich-city-striker-kyle-lafferty-could-have-a-point-to-prove-at-ipswich-town-says-bryan-hamilton-1-5069137

"The former Burnley and Rangers target man has been let go by the Canaries after making just 14 starts and 25 substitute appearances in three years."

How do we know he is still any good if that is all the games he has played in 3 years?

He's been out on loan over those 3 years.

Jambo 4 Ever

We are indeed struggling if we're giving serious consideration to taking on Kyle Lafferty. As has been said numerous times on here, the boy's a complete prick. As I recall, he didn't exactly bang them in every week when he was here with the Huns, so any gains would be marginal. File under 'Avoid like the plague' for me.

This

And many on here have written how much they hate him too in the past - so what has changed?!

Jambo 4 Ever

He's been out on loan over those 3 years.

How many games/goals has he got in those 3 years?

Morgaro Gomis

How many games/goals has he got in those 3 years?

52 games and 5 goals or something like that, I wasn't highlighting he's been good. Just that he's played more than 14 games.

Jambo 4 Ever

52 games and 5 goals or something like that, I wasn't highlighting he's been good. Just that he's played more than 14 games.

ahhh fair enough - still that is poor reading.

If Hibs or anyone else was making a signing with these stats, we would probably be laughing at them

Not worth the money or the baggage IMO

MacPhee also suggested at the meet the management event, that he is high maintenance

ahhh fair enough - still that is poor reading.

If Hibs or anyone else was making a signing with these stats, we would probably be laughing at them

Not worth the money or the baggage IMO

MacPhee also suggested at the meet the management event, that he is high maintenance

He also stared that Isma was night maintenance to before he signed.

I'm with this.  Thought he was a tosser at OldCo but cannot deny he's one I'd be happy with.  His experience would be vital IMO.

johnking123

Played as a wing for a lot of clubs. Only seems that northern Ireland play him as a striker.

Jambo 4 Ever

He also stared that Isma was night maintenance to before he signed.

But he atleast came with a decent scoring record in recent times before he signed

Morgaro Gomis

But he atleast came with a decent scoring record in recent times before he signed

As pointed out before, im not too sure how often he has played up top; as the main man. Which would certainly excuse his ratio.

Northern Ireland he is the main striker, and his ratio is 1:3, which is pretty good. I reckon he'd be worth a punt, but I wouldn't be too unhappy if we didn't sign him.

Mate in work made this point today and I agree with him.

See the second the Hibs game finished our planning for the 2017/18 season should have started, that has clearly not been the case (IMO) as nothing seems to be happening.  The players we're being linked with are free agents, so what's the delay?

Bungalow Bill

If we're definitely in for Lafferty then McPhee must think he can control him and get him to focus.

guys a grade 'A' wolloper but I wouldn't mind him in a hearts shirt. always good to have one of them in a team, usually has the effect of dragging the rest along as well.

I'd also be more inclined to take his NI record in to account rather than his club one, been played more consistently and in the same position there. always seems up for it, gives 100% and gets stuck in.

if we sign him, it also suggests that mcphee (who knows him well) is happy that we can deal with any off field issues there may still be.

merseyjambo

I'd take Lafferty in a heart beat

For him, read Kevin Kyle, someone with a bit of physicality and is prepared to put himself about. Would also be a good foil for Goncalves

Without commenting on the merits or otherwise of Lafferty, I am wondering if McPhee is having too much input to new signings (assuming of course we are actually trying to sign KL and it's not just paper talk).

Homme, on 22 Jun 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

That's on Gorgie Road. Opens tomorrow.

:tiny:

IveSeenTheLight

I've said before, I was not in the country when this happened and therefore did not see it.

If Miller was guilty of simulation, I would also label him a disgrace.

There is no room for cheats in our game

If there is a clip,I'll happily review and make my comments.

I can't find one.

I do find interesting Zaliukas's reported responce on the incident

He added: ?Hearts were very supportive of me, which I?m grateful for, and we were all confident justice would be done.

?I did nothing wrong. Okay, I made a mistake when I got my yellow card in the game and I admit that.

?Looking back, it happened in the heat of the moment, but it was something I shouldn?t have done.

?But I still maintain that I didn?t deserve the red card.

?I know refs have a difficult job, but the whole world could see I did nothing wrong.

?I like Hearts and the fans and I want to do well for the team, but what chance do players have when this sort of thing happens??

What was the yellow card incident in the game and I wonder if that was playing on the mind of the ref for the sending off.

We need players like Lafferty and dare I say it Cummings. Players with a bit of attitude, arrogance and character. We have become a goody 2 shoes team and it has worked it's way to the stands. Players sense that and don't fear Tynecastle any more

100% agree.

Archived