Laffertys simulation

southside1874

southside1874

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Smith-calls-for-SFA-disciplinary.5288415.jp

Charlie Mulgrews red card overturned and Lafferty is up in front of the SFA.

I can remember a similar incident with Zaliukas and Lee Millar. How come nothing seemed to happen about this?

It seems that the story (link) is in response to a question from Celtic about Laffertys simulation and should he be allowed to play the last game of the season.

Rules for some and other rules for the rest.

Silverymoon92
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Smith-calls-for-SFA-disciplinary.5288415.jp

I can remember a similar incident with Zaliukas and Lee Millar. How come nothing seemed to happen about this?

It seems that the story (link) is in response to a question from Celtic about Laffertys simulation and should he be allowed to play the last game of the season.

He is to be handed a 2 match ban Gordon smith says in the sun...

Theres also a big Photo of Albert Kidd in a 2 page spread it shows both goals:57:

Tommy Brown

Because Brines would not even look at the video evidence, stating he was happy with his decision. The matter could not be taken any further.

stirlingshirejambo

Mucha s I hate lee Miller his reaction was nothing like Lafferty@s at the weekend.

The fault lay fairly and squarely with the referee that day

Because Brines would not even look at the video evidence, stating he was happy with his decision. The matter could not be taken any further.

It should have resulted in him suffering the same fate as his colleague Mike Mc.Curry and being told he was no longer going to be required to be in charge of SPL games. The cheating bar steward.

Hagar the Horrible

Lee Millar got slaughtered on Radio Scotland last night after discussing the Laugherty issue and after an interview with Gordon Smith. Willie Millar had a go about this simulation to Smith, and the reply was good that I am Glad that Aberdeen will deal with their own players who do the same. Then lee millar was singled out as an on-going serial cheat. Lets see what happens next season.

There is too much guff in the media about how it's foreign players that dive and its a european tactic. It's not just Tangoman who has spouted this drivel, its been around for a couple of years now. Kenny Miller had an awful dive a couple of seasons back and it wasn't talked about much, Lee Miller goes down like he has been shot about once a game, raising very few eyebrows, and Steven Pressley did it for us, and still does for Falkirk, there was a guy behind me at tynie who would actually count down to Elvis going down and he was always right.

However if a Lithuanian, a Spaniard, or anyone outside GB and Ireland should go down easy it's talked about to a great length with video replays all over the news and that player will find it very hard to win a freekick from a ref from then on.

Its the same in the EPL, they go on about when they play in Europe they have to apadt to the European style and maybe that means diving because they think they will get away with it on the continent, but some of the worst divers going are Drogba, Ronaldo and Torres, all of them play in England, and Gerrard isn't exactly a saint when it comes to the matter.

Good to see Lafferty is getting the treatment he deserves but if it hadn't been in a televised game, no one would care and the SFA would be able to pretend it never happened.

h-e-a-r-t-s

anyone have a YouTube link to the Zal v Lee Miller assault on the goal line? wouldn't mind another look.

However if a Lithuanian, a Spaniard, or anyone outside GB and Ireland should go down easy it's talked about to a great length with video replays all over the news and that player will find it very hard to win a freekick from a ref from then on.

Nakamura, Larsson, Petrov...

Nakamura, Larsson, Petrov...

Fair point, in Scotland it does tend to be more O.F. Vs. Not O.F. but there still is a slight element of British or not British in the press coverage

Fair point, in Scotland it does tend to be more O.F. Vs. Not O.F. but there still is a slight element of British or not British in the press coverage

Its not just the diving that comes down to British v non British either. It even comes down to tactics.

Only last week Jimmy Calderwood was blowing his top about our tactics basically saying we killed the game in order to get a draw (forgetting we were down to 10 men). He said this is a foreign thing and that people here dont want to watch that.

How many Scottish managers for how many years have played defensive tactics. Craig Brown's entire tenure as Scotland boss revolved around player 8 centre halfs each game!!

Xenophobia is amok in our football, from pundits to managers from refs to players (think back to McNamara and Diamond waving the imaginery yellow card after blatantly fouling Miko. Ok they fooled the ref and Miko was booked, but they should have been too and i believe would have been if they'd been from far flung shores)

hearts_crazy

I reckon Lafferty should be demonised the same way Miko was over this. Not just for the ridiculous play-acting, but the cheeky wee wink to the bench when the red card was shown too. Let's not forget that the whole incident was sparked by a shocking challenge from the rear by Lafferty too. Feckin cheating bassa.

He should be booed mercilessly every time th eball comes to him (just like Miko was) at every ground in the country until he fecks off back to the land of cheat.

I for one will be watching with great interest what the SFA do about him. An apology is nowhere near enough in this case. Bet they bottle it.

Archived