***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I do agree that every team needs a scumbag and there are few more fitting of that title than Lafferty.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gene Parmesan

We absolutely need a bit more ******* in the team.

sairyinthat

This

And many on here have written how much they hate him too in the past - so what has changed?!

He's hopefully becoming our prick That's what's changed,

Somebody who can create space and hold it up for Isma - I'm in.

I'd love us to sign Will Grigg, just to give us a song to add to our current shite repertoire.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Mate in work made this point today and I agree with him.

See the second the Hibs game finished our planning for the 2017/18 season should have started, that has clearly not been the case (IMO) as nothing seems to be happening.  The players we're being linked with are free agents, so what's the delay?

Identifying, approaching, speaking to and actually signing players takes time, even when clubs aren't getting k with the day to day business of completing their respective seasons. You've then got transfer windows, holidays etc to contend with. Stockton and Berra were done very early. Not sure what people are expecting before June is even finished?

As for free transfers - we've rarely paid fees for years. Wasn't going to change now.

As i read this, for the first time, i realised our keepers are Jack and Viktor. Comedy duo

Wise up.

That's the only reason he posted it.

IveSeenTheLight

Wise up.

That's the only reason he posted it.

Honestly I didn't

I do like Still Game though.

Do do do do dooooo, Do do do do do doooooo

My point was in reference to Cathro potentially making it clear and incentivise both of your keepers that neither are no 1 and they have to fight for a starting place.

I did not read it as "neither of you are no1 as we definitely are getting a no1 in"

Does anyone believe that we agreed a fee with County for Liam Boyce?

That does not sound likely to me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Honestly I didn't

I do like Still Game though.

Do do do do dooooo, Do do do do do doooooo

My point was in reference to Cathro potentially making it clear and incentivise both of your keepers that neither are no 1 and they have to fight for a starting place.

I did not read it as "neither of you are no1 as we definitely are getting a no1 in"

The Aberdeen forum must be really shit

Prince Buaben

What is it with Levein and strikers that don't score goals.

dont think that can levalled at just levein though can it... 

Cruyff Turn

Lafferty could turn us into a very decent side, good player and a nasty horrible **** to boot, no one likes him when he is the opposition.

Would love to see him here but I also hope we are still looking to bolster other areas of the squad with the same kind of quality, in goal, in the wide areas and something extra special in midfield.

Bowmans_Boot

The quote was "& I think Hearts agreed a fee": hardly conclusive proof.

BobbyJenkins

dont think that can levalled at just levein though can it... 

Since when does truth come into it...

No but now that they have money they might resurrect their interest in Buaben.

No, but you would have to be pretty naive to think Michael O'Neil wouldnt be fairly up to speed with the matter considering its his international player and his no 2 is also our no 2 yeah?

I didn't suggest that it was conclusive proof.

Just seems like a strange thing for Michael O'Neill to come out with.

Can it at least be taken as fact that we were speaking to County about the player?

It might not even have been during this transfer window.

Escobar PHM

I didn't suggest that it was conclusive proof.

Just seems like a strange thing for Michael O'Neill to come out with.

Can it at least be taken as fact that we were speaking to County about the player?

It might not even have been during this transfer window.

Michael O'Neiil is being a bit naughty discussing our private business, whether we bid or not.

Bungalow Bill

What is it with Levein and strikers that don't score goals.

Yeah Zeefuik and Sow couldn't hit a barn door from 10 yards out...

kingantti1874

Yeah Zeefuik and Sow couldn't hit a barn door from 10 yards out...

Dr vries was shite as well..

RustyRightPeg

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/former-norwich-city-striker-kyle-lafferty-could-have-a-point-to-prove-at-ipswich-town-says-bryan-hamilton-1-5069137

"The former Burnley and Rangers target man has been let go by the Canaries after making just 14 starts and 25 substitute appearances in three years."

How do we know he is still any good if that is all the games he has played in 3 years?

Because he's been playing for the National team and playing well at that.

hmfc_liam06

This is what the club said, though, and more than once. We wanted, and analaysed players to ensure they were of the correct personality/behaviour that we wished to be at the club.

As we were so utterly shite last season it could well be the case that our moral superiority is being lessened and that we will look at players for their ability/attitude, rather than for their charity work/free time interests.

I do not want Lafferty at the club due to footballing reasons: I dont think he is very good and wouldnt be worth a large wage. I dont care that much what he is like off the pitch, on it is what matters to me. We do need more players with attitude, who will not be bullied and who have a bit of a backbone to fight when things are tough, but I want them to have talent, as well. 

The footballing reasons that he shat on your favourite club.

Jambo 4 Ever

Because he's been playing for the National team and playing well at that.

Fair enough - I've not seen many Northern Irish games - how many has he played in the last couple of years?  And how many goals?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fair enough - I've not seen many Northern Irish games - how many has he played in the last couple of years?  And how many goals?

Wikipedia

hmfc_liam06

He clearly lost his way at Norwich for whatever reasons but are we turning our noses up at a striker who averaged 1 in 3 at Rangers, Palermo and Northern Ireland?

He'd also be bringing more than goals, he's the type of forward I'd expect to be assisting a similar, if not greater number of goals than he scores. Could be a great foil for Isma.

RustyRightPeg

58 caps and 20 goals.

11 goals for them since September 14.

Thought Police

He's seven foot and he loves to shoot, Kyle lafferty.

Need a jump on these things.

Malcolm Tucker

'Sky sources' saying we're in advanced talks with Lafferty...

13:04

HEARTS IN LAFFERTY TALKS

Hearts are in advanced talks to sign former Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty.

He is a free agent after leaving Norwich and is expected in Edinburgh this week to continue discussions.

Hibs are also interested.

Five to One

13:04

HEARTS IN LAFFERTY TALKS

Hearts are in advanced talks to sign former Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty.

He is a free agent after leaving Norwich and is expected in Edinburgh this week to continue discussions.

Hibs are also interested.

Lafferty and Lennon? Can't see it. 

Going back to the Peterborough right back. Its very telling who the journalist is that has run the story. Always bang on the cash when it comes to Hearts signings.

Cruyff Turn

People turning their noses up at Lafferty :lol:

The guy would completely transform us. Imagine being able to go away from home and bully the likes of Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Ross County's defence with Lafferty, Stockton and Isma?

It's something we've struggled to do for a couple of years now and hopefully we can rectify it with the likes of Lafferty.

Going back to the Peterborough right back. Its very telling who the journalist is that has run the story. Always bang on the cash when it comes to Hearts signings.

Who was it?

Rudolf's Mate

Said previously that he was a knob and I stand by that however there's no getting away from be fact that most teams benefit from these types of players.

Thought Police

Who was it?

Kenny Millar, very rarely gets targets/signings wrong

RustyRightPeg

Said previously that he was a knob and I stand by that however there's no getting away from be fact that most teams benefit from these types of players.

See Hibs & Jason Cummings for proof

Kenny Millar, very rarely gets targets/signings wrong

I think he is good mates with the boy who looks after Hearts social media output.

Samuel Camazzola

Wait until he's posing in our new third kit in his green boots.

The seethe on here will explode!

Morgaro Gomis

What I would say about the "sky sources" comment on Lafferty is that they regular make up "exclusives" then Skybet open a betting market, people then back it and nothing comes of it.

Would take with a pinch of salt.

Archived