***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

IveSeenTheLight

If Nicholson needed "convinced" to stay with us when we arguably needed him most then suddenly I'm feeling a little better about him leaving.

The story I heard was that the clubs had agreed a fee, the agent negotiated a deal which would have increased his wages significantly, thus was recommending he took the offer.

He was told he would not be guaranteed a position as we had Hayes in his direct position and he would get occasional games and developed to be Hayes replacement.

Nicholson's dad then convinced him that staying with Hearts would provide more game time (at the time) and you could not deny it was probably the right decision (at the time)

Nicholson may not have initiated the discussions and certainly was under contract so would only have been in discussions after the clubs had agreed a fee.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

On keepers was it not McGregor who was disgraced with Ferguson during Leveins Scotland troubles? More chance of me playing in goal next season

...a bit disco

On keepers was it not McGregor who was disgraced with Ferguson during Leveins Scotland troubles? More chance of me playing in goal next season

141224_1.jpg

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm sure it was during Burleys reign, not Leveins.

Was it Burley. My word how time has passed. Burley was before Levein?

Jambo, Goodbye

The story I heard was that the clubs had agreed a fee, the agent negotiated a deal which would have increased his wages significantly, thus was recommending he took the offer.

He was told he would not be guaranteed a position as we had Hayes in his direct position and he would get occasional games and developed to be Hayes replacement.

Nicholson's dad then convinced him that staying with Hearts would provide more game time (at the time) and you could not deny it was probably the right decision (at the time)

Nicholson may not have initiated the discussions and certainly was under contract so would only have been in discussions after the clubs had agreed a fee.

That's fair enough

Morgaro Gomis

Was it Burley. My word how time has passed. Burley was before Levein?

I could be wrong, but that's what my memory is telling me. On seconds thoughts, based on that I'm almost certainly wrong :lol:

Heartsmad1874

I could be wrong, but that's what my memory is telling me. On seconds thoughts, based on that I'm almost certainly wrong :lol:

It was defo Burley :thumbsup:

...a bit disco

Definitely Burley.

:thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

I still think he will take a bit of shifting, probably looking for most of his years salary[emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looks like he's put the beef on since joining us.

He looks like he's put the beef on since joining us.

all that good living from his 4K a week, would be in everybody's interests to come to an agreement tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So McGregor at least doesnt have any history with Levein then. Still snowballs chance of that one occurring. Someone I'm sure spoke about Steven Fletcher, surely that is a wind up with Levein!!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Shame about Boyce. Would have liked him.

Oshaniwa will only go if we pay him up so there's no real upside to losing him. Shocking deal that was, like many of ours.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not another Bosnian, FFS look how well the last one did for us !!

:laugh4:

Croatian!!!

Yes of course, but he is giving the illusion we have some sort of control over what Nicholson does next, and we have none at all. We cant block him signing for whoever he wants, be that Aberdeen, the US or anywhere else.

Read my post again.

I'm saying if Sam is not going to the USA, the club has 3 options. It's not that difficult to get your head around, surely?

Nobody - other than you - mentioned anything about blocking him signing for anyone else.

maroonlegions

Is there any other fans threads on their forums on the topic of signings in a similar state as this one.

I mean any neutral looking in on this thread must be saying WTF.

Mind you were are letting a DOF who seriously fecked up last seasons recruitment deal do it all again. Or at least have a hand in it.

Lets hope lessons  are learnt  on the judgements at least from last years signings.

Elias Henry Furst

I have a feeling we will hear a klaxon before the week is out.

Attempting to grapple the ITK crown from the Notts felly, imo.

:wow:

Escobar PHM

Read my post again.

I'm saying if Sam is not going to the USA, the club has 3 options. It's not that difficult to get your head around, surely?

Nobody - other than you - mentioned anything about blocking him signing for anyone else.

A player out of contract = The club has no control and NO Options until the player reaches an agreement with another club and even then the OPTIONS are severely limited. Its really simple. My head is fully round it. You cant play hard-ball unless you have the ball.

A player out of contract = The club has no control and NO Options until the player reaches an agreement with another club and even then the OPTIONS are severely limited. Its really simple. My head is fully round it. You cant play hard-ball unless you have the ball.

So we agree. The club will have options if Sam signs for another UK club?

TheExecutive

Attempting to grapple the ITK crown from the Notts felly, imo.

:wow:

Not at all. If I have any info I will pass it on. If I don't then I won't say a thing.

Escobar PHM

No. They will receive the full training compensation fee as per the FIFA regs. No other OPTION exists.

No. They will receive the full training compensation fee as per the FIFA regs. No other OPTION exists.

Other than negotiating an agreed fee (like we did with Holt) or taking it to a tribunal.

Winston Ingram

Yes it does... the club can agree to accept a lower fee. 

Rudolf's Mate

Is there any other fans threads on their forums on the topic of signings in a similar state as this one.

Mind you were are letting a DOF who seriously fecked up last seasons recruitment deal do it all again. Or at least have a hand in it.

Lets hope lessons are learnt on the judgements at least from last years signings.

I'm reading this thinking irony. It's in there somewhere [emoji12]

Escobar PHM

Yes it does... the club can agree to accept a lower fee. 

And why on earth would we do that ?

STFU. If you want to argue semantics take it elsewhere. Sick of seeing new posts with **** all to do with transfers.

Yes I'm salty.

Escobar PHM

Other than negotiating an agreed fee (like we did with Holt) or taking it to a tribunal.

We agreed a fee for Holt because it was a Scottish transfer. If he goes to another association, England for example, the fee is fixed, there is no negotiation needed and no tribunal

Escobar PHM

STFU. If you want to argue semantics take it elsewhere. Sick of seeing new posts with **** all to do with transfers.

Yes I'm salty.

Got any transfers we can talk about like ?

Escobar PHM

If it's a choice between that and no fee.

The only circumstance under which we get no fee is if he goes to the US. and even thats appealable through FIFA.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A Car Crash of a thread. Please close mods.

Will only be replaced by a train crash

Yes I'm salty.

This

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The only circumstance under which we get no fee is if he goes to the US. and even thats appealable through FIFA.

NOBODY CARES ON HERE

NOBODY CARES

NOBODY CARES

Why are the mods not butting in to tell the folk discussing Sam that there is already a thread for that? This is for potential transfers coming into the club, get back on topic ffs.

Come on to **** mods, get all the pish posts (most of the thread) deleted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why are the mods not butting in to tell the folk discussing Sam that there is already a thread for that? This is for potential transfers coming into the club, get back on topic ffs.

Come on to **** mods, get all the pish posts (most of the thread) deleted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This thread would be trimmed to 3 pages and would make it easy for fellow kickbackers

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No rumours it's a central thread to kick shit out of one another. Any news the target will get their own thread I'm sure.

Meanwhile what arsehole thinks Nicholson should pay Hearts to play?

Bazzas right boot

Lets hope lessons  are learnt  on the judgements at least from last years signings.

Also letting the guy that  rebuilt us, blew away hibs/ rangers then finished third and had us 2nd until Dec, when a  change of coach and injuries hit us do it all again.

Depends on how short your memory is. 6 months or 3 years, mines goes back 3 years.

maroonlegions

Also letting the guy that  rebuilt us, blew away hibs/ rangers then finished third and had us 2nd until Dec, when a  change of coach and injuries hit us do it all again.

Depends on how short your memory is. 6 months or 3 years, mines goes back 3 years.

You talking about Robbie?? :beatnik2:

Archived