Lafferty - Again!

ZacBaker

Dr. Bapswent
Have a look at this!

Don't know fi any of you have noticed, but when it shows Lafferty after the incident, hes walking away, he has a sly wee wink at his own bench, before touching his nose to make sure it's okey

Awwwww :57:

Good to see the SPL are punishing him too, im shocked tbh!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8054856.stm

Was debated on the radio.

Total ****mer.

jambojim52

Oh yes they are doing something, BUT not until next season! Where's the outrage from Gordon Smith? Where's the media's rant about cheating? Everyone and their dog knows he cheated and how hard would it be to ban him for the next three or more games, starting NOW!

Dr. Bapswent

IMO this is much worse than anything Miko did.

Lafferty has not only conned the ref deliberately, he got a man sent off.

It wasnt during the run of play. It was during dead ball time.

It was considered, and involved a huge abmout of deliberate play acting to completely force the referees hand into making a potentially game changing decision.

Afterwards he pretty much admitted it by winking.

He was caught with a deliberate ploy to gain an unfair advatange at the expense of another player/team.

Im not sure there is much worse behaviour outwith racial or physical assault in the game of football.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It was considered, and involved a huge abmout of deliberate play acting to completely force the referees hand into making a potentially game changing decision.

He was caught with a deliberate ploy to gain an unfair advatange at the expense of another player/team.

Im not sure there is much worse behaviour outwith racial or physical assault in the game of football.

Well Miko cheated to win his side a goal so I think that's just as bad.

They are both disgusting little scrotes, no point defending one over the other.

And how difficult is it for people to understand that people went mental because Miko cheated against our country. (Not you)

Yoo-hoo...Richard Gordon...anything to say on the matter?

As much as you had to say re. Miko?

Dr. Bapswent

And how difficult is it for people to understand that people went mental because Miko cheated against our country. (Not you)

Where was i defending Miko?

Where was i defending Miko?

Robbo27_22

The issue though is that Miko was punished correctly. Very unlikely Lafferty will be as it would involve admitting the OF cheat.

Interesting to hear that Caldo is publically doing his nut over this........oh wait a minute. Tosser.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Would so many of the usual suspects be so upset if it was a Celtic player taking a dive.

I think not.

So one is considered worse than the other.

How is that defending?

If you want to be petty then I never once said you were defending Miko. I said no point in defending one over the other as they were both bad.

Carry on though, I was just making my point that both forced the referee into making a game changing decision so you can't say one is worse than the other.

Robbo27_22
Would so many of the usual suspects be so upset if it was a Celtic player taking a dive.

I think not.

Ehhhhh???

Where have Hearts fans ever shown a preference to Celtic?

They are both a set of cheating bassas.

First thought when it happened - Justice.

I know Big Zal has proven to be a liability but can't remember Fat Caldo getting upset at the carry on earlier in the season when it was clear his player managed to get an opponent sent off in very similar circumstances....

I was waiting to hear his bluster and all we got was how it's unusual for British players to behave like that - eh Laferty, Miller etc...

Dr. Bapswent
If you want to be petty then I never once said you were defending Miko. I said no point in defending one over the other as they were both bad.

Carry on though, I was just making my point that both forced the referee into making a game changing decision so you can't say one is worse than the other.

I disagree,

I think play acting during a dead ball situation then winking afterwards is worse.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Ehhhhh???

Where have Hearts fans ever shown a preference to Celtic?

They are both a set of cheating bassas.

This board has many a poster who leans towards the green white and gold mate.

Totally agree, they both get away with far too much!

This board has many a poster who leans towards the green white and gold mate. Only to get closer to nutting the tw@ts don't you know

:2thumbsup:

colinmaroon

More a case of hating Rangers more than Celtic - and that's definitely not a case of leaning towards Celtic.

First thought when it happened - Justice.

I know Big Zal has proven to be a liability but can't remember Fat Caldo getting upset at the carry on earlier in the season when it was clear his player managed to get an opponent sent off in very similar circumstances....

I was waiting to hear his bluster and all we got was how it's unusual for British players to behave like that - eh Laferty, Miller etc...

karma comes and bites tangoman on the erse, just loved it.

I have to agree with you here.

Lafferty got a fellow pro sent off with his actions,miko never.

Calderwood after Hearts game "I feel cheated", "Hearts players were falling about", "Trying to get people booked", "Total disgust"

Calderwood after Rangers game 3 days later when EVERYONE else including the player himself admits he took a dive "I never seen it"

How blatant is his bias ?

Fozzyonthefence

I think we would be much better comparing the Lafferty incident to the Velicka one against Falkirk (Darren Barr?) a couple of seasons back, rather than Miko, as these were the same offences - both feigning injury from a supposed headbutt to get a player sent off.

Velicka was rightly giving a ban afterwards for his embarrasing playacting - think it was 2 or 3 ganmes so we should be looking for the same for Lafferty. I have to say though, I don't remember Hearts dealing with it as quickly (at all?) as Rangers have. Rangers may not have any standards as far as their fans go but at least their management comes out of this well again imo, like they did with their quick action against Ferguson & McGregor.

It's green, white and orange :clover:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Nonsense

Great addition to the debate.

More a case of hating Rangers more than Celtic - and that's definitely not a case of leaning towards Celtic.

If you need that much bold in your message, its missing the mark.

It's green, white and orange :clover:

Quite true mate. A fact indeed.

alwaysthereinspirit

Lafferty has apoligised on the Rankgers club page and has said

"what he did was wrong and not the Rankgers way"

Not the Rankgers way? Did he just land here from another planet? It's been the OF way for as long as I can remember.

hearts_crazy

Feckin outrageous behaviour, and his words on the subject have a bit of a hollow, ring to them. A generic sorry I did..... type statement, well rehearsed. He's not sorry, he knew exactly what he was doing and the only reason he is coming out and publicly apologising is because Rangers don't want him banned.

Mind you, I doubt it would even be getting debated if it hadn't been so glaringly obvious in extreme close up. Not the first time blatant cheating has been swept under the carpet when it involves an OF player.

Talking about diving bassas, good to see Nakamura getting denied a stonewall penalty due to his reputation preceding him. GIRFUY ya wee bawbag, what goes around comes around.

Jam Tarts 1874
I think we would be much better comparing the Lafferty incident to the Velicka one against Falkirk (Darren Barr?) a couple of seasons back, rather than Miko, as these were the same offences - both feigning injury from a supposed headbutt to get a player sent off.

Velicka was rightly giving a ban afterwards for his embarrasing playacting - think it was 2 or 3 ganmes so we should be looking for the same for Lafferty. I have to say though, I don't remember Hearts dealing with it as quickly (at all?) as Rangers have. Rangers may not have any standards as far as their fans go but at least their management comes out of this well again imo, like they did with their quick action against Ferguson & McGregor.

No, Velicka did not feign injury. He fell backwards when confronted by Barr, at no point did he put his hands to his face, he jumped back to his feet immediately. So there is no comparison.

Jamie_the_Jambo
No, Velicka did not feign injury. He fell backwards when confronted by Barr, at no point did he put his hands to his face, he jumped back to his feet immediately. So there is no comparison.

Why are Rangers not taking any action NOW. The players admitted it. The club know he did it. Rangers must ACT NOW with this player.

But they wont.

Archived