***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

peebles jambo

Sorry, I haven't kept up with the confirmations/rumours .......

Did H1b5 not announce that Whittiker had signed for them already? Im sure I saw a tweet from them saying he'd chosen them ahead of us?

Very much doubt this as Whittaker is a Jambo, used to work with one of his mates

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudolf's Mate

Aberdeen is a very decent place. But in relative terms it is small and it takes that bit longer to get anywhere, so its not handy. The people are all cold like myself though!

The weather as well, notice we were the first to lose the heat wave! In fact 5 minutes without a cloud could be described as a North East heatwave. Contrary to popular opinion it is quite dry, its not a rainy place, but generally quite breezy.

Far worse places to be, especially for someone who is earning, not convenient

Agreed. It was more the scenery/views I was on about.

It's where I live bud and it's stunning, still miss the capital though!

Whilst Aberdeen might not be appealing to some the surrounding area is stunning. Let's not kid ourselves on that the quiet life up there might act appeal to many.

My mums best friend had a very large place in Aberdeenshire and it and the surrounding grounds were stunning.

Man City Left back might be a non-starter now that Rangers have the ex City Academy Director as DOF

Never Let Them Forget

Man City Left back might be a non-starter now that Rangers have the ex City Academy Director as DOF

And why would that be?

And why would that be?

I understand the comment form BelgeJambo completely.  Rangers have previous of signing players we are supposedly interested in, now they have a solid link to Man City it really wouldn't surprise me.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

45 years why what difference does it make ? i'm not deluded and will say it as it is i don't live in a fantasy world like a few on here , There are plenty people call them on .nut for the exact same it's called deluded ..

45 years?! I always assumed you were a wee laddie! :lol:

gorgieheart

Greg Fleming from Ayr Utd ....   

who says different likes eh...?  

square go ,...  square go !!

right !!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

45 years?! I always assumed you were a wee laddie! :lol:

Some people never grow up. Reminds me of a punter who sat in front of me. Toys consistently out of the pram

Nothing from Hubs as yet, but rumour is that Whittaker will be heading to that side of the city...

Moving back to his house on Lanark road not far to his work if he chooses us

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I live in Aberdeen presently...not by choice mind. It's a horrendous place. Cold, grey, dull, hideously expensive and boring as it comes. Even the museum has been shut for 3 years.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Has about one good game in ten. There's a reason he's still a Hamilton player at 25.

There's a lot of players credited by opposition fans who are inconsistent

Funny that

Experts don't know their stuff

J.T.F.Robertson

Had a nice wee flat in Mile End Avenue (#4, I think) back in the late '70's, worked up at Bridge o' Don.

Aberdeen was alright, although I'd head to Edinburgh every second weekend when I wasn't on call to catch the fitba and the Sunday "Northern" nights at the Grosvenor Hotel.

Right, anyone signed yet?

Ive been to Aberdeen a few times. Enjoyed it to varying degrees each time......Anyway as you were.

J.T.F.Robertson

Had a nice wee flat in Mile End Avenue (#4, I think) back in the late '70's, worked up at Bridge o' Don.

Aberdeen was alright, although I'd head to Edinburgh every second weekend when I wasn't on call to catch the fitba and the Sunday "Northern" nights at the Grosvenor Hotel.

Right, anyone signed yet?

Actually was the East of Scotland Soul Club, so wasn't "soul-ly", "Northern". :)

crichiejambos

I live in Aberdeen presently...not by choice mind. It's a horrendous place. Cold, grey, dull, hideously expensive and boring as it comes. Even the museum has been shut for 3 years.

Aberdeen the city is as you say is miserable as f@#k I'm from the shire the whole area is the same fraserburgh,Peterhead all the same! I'm biast towards Edinburgh for obvious reasons but that aside if I had the option of playing football in either city Scotland's Capitol would win if for nowt else their team is the best they've had in over a decade and they don't get the support home crowds are lucky if they reach 12k which is ridiculous! Whether their new stadium will help I don't know it's making fans travel out of the city,OK not far but if they're form dips the 12k will be less!

Escobar PHM

So we're giving up on transfers and talking about the merits of living in Aberdeen now. Luckily I have some experience of it.

I lived there for around 18 months about 15 years ago. At that time it was a great place, especially for a night out. Brilliant pubs and clubs. Decent restaurants, compact city centre with hardly any bother in it. Pretty easy to get from A to B. Nice folk.

The downside. Well I went back for a short stay last year. The place is dying on its arse. Some formerly good pubs have gone, same with restaurants. Shops are closing.Union Street has changed markedly. Those pubs, restaurants and shops that are still open are deserted and struggling. Its lost its mo-jo and I'd pick Edinburgh every time on every level if you put a choice in front of me.

Aye, but you're leaving in a week's time. Closet Weegie!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Aye, but you're leaving in a week's time. Closet Weegie!

yGr0lkh.gif

Bridge of Djoum

My sister went to live up there about 15 years ago now.... she's currently about 25 stone and talks like a man

Vit Like

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Do you have her number?

Asking for a friend.

If the deal for Ashley smith-brown has fallen through for some reason I'd give stephen hendrie a punt. Very highly rated when he left Hamilton but just been released by West Ham

Bridge of Djoum

If the deal for Ashley smith-brown has fallen through for some reason I'd give stephen hendrie a punt. Very highly rated when he left Hamilton but just been released by West Ham

Good shout, mate. Was a real prospect before heading down to London.

crichiejambos

Do you have her number?

Has she been eating too much Butterys/rowies cos a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hi.....

Asking for a friend.

I would go for him regardless. Talented boy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So we're giving up on transfers and talking about the merits of living in Aberdeen now. Luckily I have some experience of it.

I lived there for around 18 months about 15 years ago. At that time it was a great place, especially for a night out. Brilliant pubs and clubs. Decent restaurants, compact city centre with hardly any bother in it. Pretty easy to get from A to B. Nice folk.

The downside. Well I went back for a short stay last year. The place is dying on its arse. Some formerly good pubs have gone, same with restaurants. Shops are closing.Union Street has changed markedly. Those pubs, restaurants and shops that are still open are deserted and struggling. Its lost its mo-jo and I'd pick Edinburgh every time on every level if you put a choice in front of me.

Union street is yesterday it's all Union Square now. Certainly not dying evolving into a more modern compact city.

Don't get me wrong Aberdeen is not a special place to stay but on a 2 year contract earning maybe 25% more than what we would pay, that's just a throw away number, when most of your time is focusing on the football then it's not so bad.

Keeping your wife entertained perhaps different

Nothing from Hubs as yet, but rumour is that Whittaker will be heading to that side of the city...

Thanks.

The longer there is no announcement the more it becomes improbable. Just like all our rurmours!

Union street is yesterday it's all Union Square now. Certainly not dying evolving into a more modern compact city.

Don't get me wrong Aberdeen is not a special place to stay but on a 2 year contract earning maybe 25% more than what we would pay, that's just a throw away number, when most of your time is focusing on the football then it's not so bad.

Keeping your wife entertained perhaps different

The manager may be able to help out with that (allegedly)!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The manager may be able to help out with that (allegedly)!

You catch on quick. Apparently wasn't the manager but nobody is saying who

Captain America

If we don't get a left back soon he might the best option otherwise we could be snookered.

:gocompare:

If we don't get a left back soon he might the best option otherwise we could be snookered.

:gocompare:

I've heard that he is in the frame and an offer is on the table.

gorgieheart

Ffs if use want to talk about aberdeen go to the shed lol

This... !!

I'd hope he is on our radar. Having been down south hard to know what his wage expectations would be now

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Take her to The Jewel in The Crown.

One of the best Indian meals I have ever had....

Quite a few decent Indians Jonno. Restaurant choice is fine bar Mexican

:sob:

My favourite

Any ****ing rumours ya arseholes. It's like hanging around waiting for the last skank at the bar knowing it's nothing worth waiting for

Anyone seen the new wonder woman film

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I saw it in Aberdeen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Studied in Aberdeen for 5 years

Genuinely ****ing hated it.

Have only been back twice since - neither times through choice.

gorgieheart

If he's available would take Stephen Hendrie

Hope that is true

Heard he was last seen on Union Street.. !

Seems we may be interested in a certain Northern Ireland right back who is out of contract.

Does he have a name? Hodson? Baird? Someone else that I can't think of?

Archived