***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remind me, when was the last time anyone discussed a potential incoming player? Pages and pages of drivel.

Winston Ingram

And why on earth would we do that ?

Because (using Nicholson as an example) it is better than nothing. If clubs won't pay the stipulated development fee for a player, and said player has no interest in staying put, you either lose him to the likes of USA for zilch or accept a lower development fee. It's hardly rocket science when you think about it. 

the big show

Also letting the guy that  rebuilt us, blew away hibs/ rangers then finished third and had us 2nd until Dec, when a  change of coach and injuries hit us do it all again.

Depends on how short your memory is. 6 months or 3 years, mines goes back 3 years.

Tosh bar the championship season it has been nothing to shout home about lets face the facts eh , and don't get me started about season 2 or 3's results or anything else that wen't on  .. THERE'S A 5 YEAR PLAN THOUGH   :uhoh2:   Boyce signed for Burton 5ook ..

Tosh bar the championship season it has been nothing to shout home about lets face the facts eh , and don't get me started about season 2 or 3's results or anything else that wen't on .. THERE'S A 5 YEAR PLAN THOUGH :uhoh2: Boyce signed for Burton 5ook ..

Yep, bang on.

The only circumstance under which we get no fee is if he goes to the US. and even thats appealable through FIFA.

If there is only one offer on the table of say 50k, then we may accept that as the only other option is nothing

The other club may say they are not prepared to go to tribunal and it's a take it or leave it offer.

But these are the chances clubs and players take when they run down there contracts

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Tosh bar the championship season it has been nothing to shout home about lets face the facts eh , and don't get me started about season 2 or 3's results or anything else that wen't on .. THERE'S A 5 YEAR PLAN THOUGH :uhoh2: Boyce signed for Burton 5ook ..

Comfortably finished in 3rd place and secured European football on our return to the top flight. That's hardly "nothing to shout home about"

Tosh bar the championship season it has been nothing to shout home about lets face the facts eh , and don't get me started about season 2 or 3's results or anything else that wen't on  .. THERE'S A 5 YEAR PLAN THOUGH   :uhoh2:   Boyce signed for Burton 5ook ..

What was wrong with season 2's results?  Boyce has signed for Burton for ?500k.  What's your point?  You'd probably get better vfm signing Kris Doolan from Plastic Whistle for half of that.

Bazzas right boot

Enuff of your Jibber jabber.

Season two best since 06, season two was better than season one. Only a slavering goon would think finishing 1st in a league below is better than 3rd in the league above.

In fact, 5th last year was better than season one.

Simple, really. 5th in top league is better than 1st in 2nd top league.

Boyce? Wtf has he got to do with anything?

Ali Crawford is another player that we should be trying to sign. He's a creative midfielder whow would give you 40 good games a season and give us goals and threat from midfield. If we get money in, he'd be a great signing.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Ali Crawford is another player that we should be trying to sign. He's a creative midfielder whow would give you 40 good games a season and give us goals and threat from midfield. If we get money in, he'd be a great signing.

Has about one good game in ten. There's a reason he's still a Hamilton player at 25.

Kirky Jambo

Season two best since 06, season two was better than season one. Only a slavering goon would think finishing 1st in a league below is better than 3rd in the league above.

You say that, but Rangers did the same and their manager got sacked having been lauded a year ago.

Fwiw I agree with Big show's take on it. Doesn't reallly matter now though.

Kirky Jambo

Would be a significant downgrade on Jamie Walker imo. Brophy would be better.

iii) Hamilton is still 1st choice but for some reason wanted #13 instead

I'd have given 13 to Walker...unlucky for hun...

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Has about one good game in ten. There's a reason he's still a Hamilton player at 25.

This. Consistency isn't his thing.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

This. Consistency isn't his thing.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

My uncle (Hamilton season ticket holder) rates him as the best player at the club and one of the best non-Celtic players in the league. He always looks a class above when I've seen him v us and on televised games but you guys probably do see more of him than me.

Been hearing McGinn is a done deal. Don't shoot the messenger

Niall obviously?

Worthwhile source or general hearsay?

We_are_the_Hearts

Niall obviously?

Worthwhile source or general hearsay?

Niall. More general hearsay but not someone that normally comments on these things

Niall. More general hearsay but not someone that normally comments on these things

Highly unlikely I'd imagine but would be an exciting signing.

Rudolf's Mate

Maybe however for various reasons the Championship season was actually very enjoyable. Hugely enjoyable!

You might be right by saying 5th was technically better but I think most would say Championship season was far more enjoyable than finishing 5th etc.

A_A wehatethehibs

Better than Martin

crichiejambos

Other than loans and muppets no other feckers want who was the last player we signed that we actually out bid somebody or perhaps no outbid but we got them cos they preferred us other than the other option?

Other than loans and muppets no other feckers want who was the last player we signed that we actually out bid somebody or perhaps no outbid but we got them cos they preferred us other than the other option?

Berra

Jambof3tornado

Better than Martin

Martin hasnt even settled in yet.

See more of his this season methinks.

Isma?

Paid a decent sum by our standards to get him here in January and he's been brilliant. Best goalscorer we've had in years.

Bazzas right boot

You say that, but Rangers did the same and their manager got sacked having been lauded a year ago.

Fwiw I agree with Big show's take on it. Doesn't reallly matter now though.

Rangers wanted to compete with Celtic.

Rangers had by the far the second highest wage budget.

Unsure of the comparison and/ or relevance to my point.

David McCaig

Assuming JH hasn't requested 13, it is very interesting especially if Noring is 31.

The persistent rumour is that Allan McGregor is coming in as #1.

literally all 3 signings we have made so far this summer :lol:

Bazzas right boot

Souttar, goncalves and Berra and Stockton had offers.

Sammon also chose us over Aberdeen.

Osh, kitchen chose us, they had options

In fact the players we seem to have had most competion for have been the worst...

This is the one signing I am really hoping for.  

Rangers.

And Hibs.  My mate knows his Dad and Hibs were biting hard to persuade him to join. 

Dalstonjambo

Rather amusingly we also beat aberdeen to connor sammon didn't we?

chester copperpot

Errrm

Naw he isn't

IveSeenTheLight

I understand Aberdeen did not actually make an offer for Sammon.

I believe you outbid us for Cowie though

He's shit, as confirmed by Hamilton regular at work.

He's already a Hearts reject.

KineticBeat

I don't know what Hamilton side you've been watching recently but Ali Crawford will give you maybe 10 good games a season and go missing for the rest. 

I wouldn't despair at his signing but neither would it get me in any way excited. I don't think he would be a long term improvement to the squad.

I had a dream this happened last night [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please say it is so. Pleeeeease.

crichiejambos

That worked out well then!

...a bit disco

Some people moaning about Boyce going to Burton for 500k and us not putting a bid in?

He was dead set on England. Knocked back Aberdeen too.

gorgieheart

Don Cowie.... Aberdeen wanted him, we bid more...

NEXT !!

We_are_the_Hearts

Some people moaning about Boyce going to Burton for 500k and us not putting a bid in?

He was dead set on England. Knocked back Aberdeen too.

He will be on about ?6k a week as well which equals another ?300 k a year plus bonuses. We can't afford that on one player

He will be on about ?6k a week as well which equals another ?300 k a year plus bonuses. We can't afford that on one player

Yes, a ?500k players can command '?500k player' wages.

I not saying he's on 500k but there must be some relationship between player value and their wage. 

Archived