Kyle Lafferty

Tenor

Rangers forward Kyle Lafferty can leave Ibrox for a bargain ?500,000 in the summer after recent contract renegotiations at the troubled club. (Sun)

Now I know he is one of the most hated players in the SPL, but would anyone take him - if we could afford him?

I find it astonishing that players that love Rangers so so much would want to leave... :whistling:

As for the question - we can't afford the knuckledragger.

I find it astonishing that players that love Rangers so so much would want to leave... :whistling:

As for the question - we can't afford the knuckledragger.

Even though the question said IF we can afford him?

We can't afford him.

Do people not read full sentences anymore?

IF, IF, IF, IF, IF WE CAN AFFORD HIM!

That would be only a loss of 2.5m in four seasons for a 24 year-old player. By current Rangers' financial standards, I can't decide if that represents good business or bad. :huh:

Ray Winstone

Do people not read full sentences anymore?

IF, IF, IF, IF, IF WE CAN AFFORD HIM!

Ok - I will put it this way.

If someone offered Hearts the money to buy him and said they would pay his wages for the duration of his contract I still wouldn't want him.

Minky wee ****.

Vincent B.A

Even if we could afford him for ?500,000 and the 20 plus grand a week he'd be on, I would rather the money was spent on a few players so no, I wouldnt take him.

If someone offered Hearts the money to buy him and said they would pay his wages for the duration of his contract I still wouldn't want him.

Minky wee ****.

Now THAT'S an answer! :thumbsup:

Thank you! I absolutely agree.

So I the past 3 day we have in the press

Lafferty for ?0.5m

MacGregor ?1.5m

Naismith ?2m

Why no big massive Firesale headlines though and whose next Whittaker for ?0.3m,Davis ?1.5m,Broadfoot 10p.

In the same vane why would we even consider buying a player with a reputation for fakery and thuggery? Once he has left the right cheek of Scottish football's arse he will become a magnet for red cards and wall to wall grief. so i also agree the answer to your hypothetical question is a resounding never in a month of days filled with Hibs winning the Scottish cup should he be a Hearts player.

jamboinglasgow

Lafferty for ?0.5m

MacGregor ?1.5m

Naismith ?2m

Why no big massive Firesale headlines though and whose next Whittaker for ?0.3m,Davis ?1.5m,Broadfoot 10p.

Lets hope they keep in administration in the Summer, lose those listed above, plus players like Papac, Alexander, Aluko, Healey, Kerkar who are out of contract. Then there are others who will have agreed (like above) to go for a cheap price if still in administration due to wage cuts, could be Bocanegra, Goian, Edu, Bedoya, Wallace. This would leave them with no real team except McCulloch and a bunch of youngsters.

Lafferty for ?0.5m

MacGregor ?1.5m

Naismith ?2m

Now then how about the price for trigger? could we "buy" him back and still have Rankers ( in admin pending death) effectively pay us to take him off their hands?

Vlad-Stupid

He's a bellcheif. Plus, he only really scores against Hearts so would kind of render him useless.

IF we could afford him. We can't though and won't be able to so its a pointless question because it will never happen. As already pointed out IF We were ever in a position to afford a player on that amount of money I could think of a dozen or so straight away that I would rather have, that Laughing boy Lafferty couldn't even lace the boots of.

Charlie-Brown

If rangers have to liquidate & form a newco then all their players will become free agents and have the choice to re-sign for the new bears fc or sign for somebody else. Anybody paying ?500K for laugh-erty before rangers future is resolved would be bonkers when there's a chance they could get him for nowt in a few months.

These's threads are a complete pile of 5hite, the starters should be ashamed.

Outside Celtic you could buy every player in the SPL for ?500k and ?15k per week ...

I like it when adults start threads on JKB.

Even though the question said IF we can afford him?

Silly question, really. IF Hearts had the funds then far better players out there for that sort of money.

alwaysthereinspirit

Now I know he is one of the most hated players in the SPL, but would anyone take him - if we could afford him?

Surely a belated April fool. A disgusting wee ned with less usefulness than a tick. Will end up in the championship with a middle of the league team.

Cheating bar steward as well.

We should offer them 10k.

That's what they'd do...

Minky wee ****.

See this is where you are wrong mate, i would be happy if someone paid the 500 k and the wages for him.

We could use him as a half time lottery prize. Anyone who has the lucky ticket gets to come on to the pitch and take a baseball bat to his repeatedly. Ticket sales would go thru the roof, plus i think we would be doing humanity a massive favour!

jambo-in-furness

We might get him offered in place of the Lee Wallace payment, :angry: but myself, I hate the moron and wouldn't like us associated with him.

We should offer them 10k.

That's what they'd do...

Steady on; that could be accepted. :lol:

We should take him plus ?300,000 from the Wallace sale, stick him on a 4 year contract then put him up for sale at ?2m. :thumbsup: Make a ?1'5m profit without wearin the Hearts top. They got Paul Ritchie by default some years ago, stayed about 6 weeks, never played then sold him to Bolton for ?500,000 we got fekal even though we brought him through the ranks, got him in the Scotland squad. Decent player ruined.

gorgieheart

is he even worth ?500k ? ive seen nothing of him to suggest he is worth that !

Diving cheating mullet headed puddin !

No thanks !

Tiberius Stinkfinger

IF we had the money, I would pay ?5 million for him and give him 50k a week.

We should take him plus ?300,000 from the Wallace sale, stick him on a 4 year contract then put him up for sale at ?2m. :thumbsup: Make a ?1'5m profit without wearin the Hearts top. They got Paul Ritchie by default some years ago, stayed about 6 weeks, never played then sold him to Bolton for ?500,000 we got fekal even though we brought him through the ranks, got him in the Scotland squad. Decent player ruined.

He's always injured. We'd end up losing out on the deal.

Plus he's best suited at Rangers. He is stereotypically 'wan a ra peepul'

A player they paid ?3m for from Burnley.

I would like to remind everyone this was the time we were getting told what a hero Wattie was for surviving on a shoestring.

Aw diddums, poor wee Walter.

I actually rate him but I don't think he has delivered often enough to be worth 500k in this market. For most of the clubs who would take him I think thats alot of cash. He is not top half premiership level or even of the level of a team looking to get promoted into the prem.

I'd say 250k is his market value, also given that his club are skint!

Bert Le Clos

He's just another Derek Riordan.

Can be a decent player when he wants but he's just a disgusting human being who's head's filled with shite and delusions of grandeur.

Better than what we have (except Beattie) but not for me. If we had the money I'd rather see it spent on a couple of other players or youngsters with proven potetnial.

Jamboman1512

See this is where you are wrong mate, i would be happy if someone paid the 500 k and the wages for him.

We could use him as a half time lottery prize. Anyone who has the lucky ticket gets to come on to the pitch and take a baseball bat to his repeatedly. Ticket sales would go thru the roof, plus i think we would be doing humanity a massive favour!

Gets my vote :thumbsup:

There is absolutely no doubt as part of agreeing to the wage cut players put in place these fees they can leave for. I would bet most if not all of the squad have agreed a value were rangers cannot stand in their way and these values may well be lower than a players original value but it is probably still better off than losing them for nothing when they were made redundant.

Bert Le Clos

By the way, the healine says he can leave for a "bargain" ?500,000.

Bargain for Rangers maybe.

:greggy: amirite, amirite, amirite?

Another player that has got away with murder because he's playing for one or other of the Old Firm.

Lafferty for ?0.5m

MacGregor ?1.5m

Naismith ?2m

ohmy.gif

And those weren't April Fools prices? I didn't see any reference to this stuff in the press, must have been walking about with my eyes closed. Woah.

Lafferty's a *****. Plus, we can't afford 500K. So there's no IFs about it.

These's threads are a complete pile of 5hite, the starters should be ashamed.

Outside Celtic you could buy every player in the SPL for ?500k and ?15k per week ...

I like it when adults start threads on JKB.

I know, truly shocking that the OP thought he could share his hypothetical musings on JKB. What was he thinking? It's almost as if he mistook this for an Internet football forum or something.

there are simply some individuals who should never wear a Hearts shirt and he falls into this category

colinmaroon

In the same vane why would we even consider buying a player with a reputation for fakery and thuggery? Once he has left the right cheek of Scottish football's arse he will become a magnet for red cards and wall to wall grief. so i also agree the answer to your hypothetical question is a resounding never in a month of days filled with Hibs winning the Scottish cup should he be a Hearts player.

If he goes south, he won't be in so much trouble because, unlike with Rangers, he won't be told by the management to cheat because refs will be more lenient with the boys in blue.

And before anyone says, "But he was sent off several times", it should have been just about every week.

He's just another Derek Riordan.

Can be a decent player when he wants but he's just a disgusting human being who's head's filled with shite and delusions of grandeur.

Better than what we have (except Beattie) but not for me. If we had the money I'd rather see it spent on a couple of other players or youngsters with proven potetnial.

Exactly this!!! :thumbsup:

The guy is a grade A ###### who would start a fight in an empty house, not for me.

Archived