***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Five to One

Ali Crawford doesn't half split opinions on here. Always felt that in a decent side, which I'm not sure if we are yet, he'd do pretty well. Not easy in a struggling Hamilton side and certainly the type of player we need in midfield. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmfc_liam06

Some people moaning about Boyce going to Burton for 500k and us not putting a bid in?

He was dead set on England. Knocked back Aberdeen too.

Amazing that some think we've got ?500k to spend on a single player.

Cuckoo land.

Cuckoo land.

we will probably not bid that much for a single player in the next 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nookie Bear

Ali Crawford doesn't half split opinions on here. Always felt that in a decent side, which I'm not sure if we are yet, he'd do pretty well. Not easy in a struggling Hamilton side and certainly the type of player we need in midfield. 

I agree with this. Certainly one we could be looking to develop.

Nookie Bear

Cuckoo land.

Problem lies with the fact we are debt free and 8000 fans are putting money in each month, plus the fact we are receiving money for Paterson, Walker and potentially Nicholson.

Obviously this money doesn't go directly into our transfer budget, plus we have a new stand to pay for, but you can understand why some believe there is scope to spend - if not go in debt then certainly reinvest transfer fees received.

IveSeenTheLight

Don Cowie.... Aberdeen wanted him, we bid more...

NEXT !!

More or longer.

I thought the factor for joining Hearts was the length of the contract offered.

fabienleclerq

More or longer.

I thought the factor for joining Hearts was the length of the contract offered.

That and no one wants to live in Aberdeen

alicante jambo

Who's bored

Lol yes me too.We need a good signing to get the feel good factor battering around here.

IveSeenTheLight

Yet more players have moved from Hearts to Aberdeen than Aberdeen to Hearts ;)

:cornette:

They must of "Seen the Light" obviously

Maroonblood22

Because up until the McInnes era none of your players were good enough and your team were ****ing rank! :thumbsup:

That's because up until recently, in my lifetime you's have been pretty gash, so we didn't want any of your players ; )

Obvs now there are a few that would walk in.

The trickle down effect.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looks like everyone beyond Celtic and Rangers are going to have to work very hard for signings. The money on offer elsewhere, the goldfish bowl of the SPFL, its just not stacking up as a glamorous choice of destination.

the big show

Comfortably finished in 3rd place and secured European football on our return to the top flight. That's hardly "nothing to shout home about"

Comfortably finished in 3rd place and secured European football on our return to the top flight. That's hardly "nothing to shout home about"

Against crap in the worst SPL since it started , aye it was fantastic . 

Looks like everyone beyond Celtic and Rangers are going to have to work very hard for signings. The money on offer elsewhere, the goldfish bowl of the SPFL, its just not stacking up as a glamorous choice of destination.

Except for Nigerians

How long have you supported hearts ?

the big show

What was wrong with season 2's results?  Boyce has signed for Burton for ?500k.  What's your point?  You'd probably get better vfm signing Kris Doolan from Plastic Whistle for half of that.

What was great about them against crap ? our away form our cup form even some of our home form and yes against crap .. ffs you talk about dressing things up to suit .. aye ok we were fantastic . :2thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

Whilst Aberdeen might not be appealing to some the surrounding area is stunning. Let's not kid ourselves on that the quiet life up there might act appeal to many.

Been hearing McGinn is a done deal. Don't shoot the messenger

Would like this to be true & I'm not shooting you but...

Where is he then?

the big show

How long have you supported hearts ?

45 years why what difference does it make ? i'm not deluded and will say it as it is i don't live in a fantasy world like a few on here , There are plenty people call them on .nut for the exact same it's called deluded ..

Morgaro Gomis

There is no such thing as an "SPL", happy to help further if you need it.

45 years why what difference does it make ? i'm not deluded and will say it as it is i don't live in a fantasy world like a few on here , There are plenty people call them on .nut for the exact same it's called deluded ..

Then like me you have seen some shit seasons. To say third isn't decent then you must have been a total mess for many many years.

The persistent rumour is that Allan McGregor is coming in as #1.

:kirk: Tell me more...

fabienleclerq

Im 30 so you've been shite for 27 of those years, so it's more you picking up our cast offs.

Edinburgh > Aberdeen

My sister went to live up there about 15 years ago now.... she's currently about 25 stone and talks like a man

Vit Like

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Escobar PHM

she's currently about 25 stone and talks like a man

There's a market for that in Aberdeen

The next step in Scotland for for players leaving Hearts that are not good enough for Celtic or Rangers :)

the big show

Then like me you have seen some shit seasons. To say third isn't decent then you must have been a total mess for many many years.

No .. i give credit were it is due and rightly so and all i would say about season 2 is we flattered to deceive on many occasions and yes we finished 3rd but given the teams in the league it was no more than what was expected of us , However it was not like we punched above our weight given our budget etc etc and it was certainly not some great achievement as some would like to make out . Now over the years i have watched many average and mediocre Hearts teams but i have not watched any with no fight , guts , determination , looking bewildered as to were the should be playing etc as i watched last season . huh a mess , nothing like papering over the cracks to paint a rosy picture , sorry not from me .

gorgieheart

is this still the Potential Signings/Transfer Rumours thread ? 

Seems to have turned into a bit of a collection of keyboard warriors having hissy fits...  

stay classy guys !!

Can we get back on Topic  ?

Billy Paynter.....anyone   ???

Fxxx the SPFL

is this still the Potential Signings/Transfer Rumours thread ? 

Seems to have turned into a bit of a collection of keyboard warriors having hissy fits...  

stay classy guys !!

Can we get back on Topic  ?

Billy Paynter.....anyone   ???

aye the usual pish during the summer feck all to do lets start a keybored rumble

My sister went to live up there about 15 years ago now.... she's currently about 25 stone and talks like a man

Vit Like

So you are saying that she is the one with the good genes in your family?[emoji10]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

1. It's not the SPL.

2. By what method are you measuring your assumption that is was the worst SPL (sic) since it started?

BobbyJenkins

1. It's not the SPL.

2. By what method are you measuring your assumption that is was the worst SPL (sic) since it started?

He just comes out with nonsense like that to try and justify his constant negativity. Absolutely no perspective whatsoever. Best ignored.

on the contrary I think the SPL has upped it standards especially amongs the so called lessers teams.

Previously when we have finished in the upper half of the league the likes of Aberdeen, St Johnstone have struggled.

People(especially the media) seem to portray the SPL without Rangers as a dead duck but that is not the case.

gorgieheart

So....any rumours then?

Seems Mcgregor is set to be our Number 1 keeper.....    

Make of that, what you will...

Maybe him and  Mcginn are sharing a taxi from the airport with Whittaker ... or not !

We_are_the_Hearts

on the contrary I think the SPL has upped it standards especially amongs the so called lessers teams.

Previously when we have finished in the upper half of the league the likes of Aberdeen, St Johnstone have struggled.

People(especially the media) seem to portray the SPL without Rangers as a dead duck but that is not the case.

European results would suggest otherwise. Until that changes 2nd place is just best out a bad bunch.

Seems Mcgregor is set to be our Number 1 keeper.....    

Make of that, what you will...

Maybe him and  Mcginn are sharing a taxi from the airport with Whittaker ... or not !

Yip.

:sobored:

Yip.

:sobored:

Kimosavi will just radio Mr Sifter to the airport to collect said players - is that how it will work

Sorry, I haven't kept up with the confirmations/rumours .......

Did H1b5 not announce that Whittiker had signed for them already? Im sure I saw a tweet from them saying he'd chosen them ahead of us?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Whilst Aberdeen might not be appealing to some the surrounding area is stunning. Let's not kid ourselves on that the quiet life up there might act appeal to many.

Aberdeen is a very decent place. But in relative terms it is small and it takes that bit longer to get anywhere, so its not handy. The people are all cold like myself though!

The weather as well, notice we were the first to lose the heat wave! In fact 5 minutes without a cloud could be described as a North East heatwave. Contrary to popular opinion it is quite dry, its not a rainy place, but generally quite breezy.

Far worse places to be, especially for someone who is earning, not convenient

Tarland Jambo

It's where I live bud and it's stunning, still miss the capital though!

gorgieheart

Sorry, I haven't kept up with the confirmations/rumours .......

Did H1b5 not announce that Whittiker had signed for them already? Im sure I saw a tweet from them saying he'd chosen them ahead of us?

Nothing from Hubs as yet, but rumour is that Whittaker will be heading to that side of the city...

Archived