Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

30 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

£300k and 25% of next transfer then would be acceptable to me if this was champ man.

Meet in the middle £400,000 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

He's also capable of passing the ball across the back line directly to an opposing attacker.

He’s got mistakes in him and that isn’t me changing my opinion because he’s joined those scumbags. He’s a really good player but not as good as Goldson imo. 

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Not the quickest either

Seen milk turn quicker and his positional sense is on par with Stevie Wonder

30 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

hearts losing the advantage here, 500k or he plays today should be our final word on it, but we bend over and humbly withdraw him and will probably take the pitence offered

It's matchday, we've done our prep, shape and tactics and now a player due to be involved is left out for an offer below asking price. 

Shambles again, should have driven him down with the team and forced Rangers hand 

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Not the quickest either

6 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Seen milk turn quicker and his positional sense is on par with Stevie Wonder

We should be paying Rangers to take him off our hands.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s got mistakes in him and that isn’t me changing my opinion because he’s joined those scumbags. He’s a really good player but not as good as Goldson imo. 

When is his next long term injury?

It would have been a big risk if Hearts had signed him on a new long term deal.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

We should be paying Rangers to take him off our hands.

😀 i wouldn't go that far

6 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

It's matchday, we've done our prep, shape and tactics and now a player due to be involved is left out for an offer below asking price. 

Shambles again, should have driven him down with the team and forced Rangers hand 

We must have known there was a good chance the Cup game would start negotiations. Not a sudden thing. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

We must have known there was a good chance the Cup game would start negotiations. Not a sudden thing. 

I would reckon that they were getting twitchy about him being cup tied. I hope though that the club stick to their guns on the fee and sell on percentage. 

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I would reckon that they were getting twitchy about him being cup tied. I hope though that the club stick to their guns on the fee and sell on percentage. 

And all the money up front

8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Hopefully not too far away. I wish him the same success as I wish all the other rangers players. 

The amount is ridiculously low and back to the old give away decent players to the cheeks, when England would be more lucrative. I suppose they're making much of a potential injury scenario. Still, if Hearts can stitch up a decent sell-on %, we can get on wi' life and forget the whole boring saga.

17 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Robbie did say he would play our strongest team, Souttar should be in the team until he's no longer a Hearts Player, the management are just buckling to Sevco's demands. If they want him that bad I would up the asking price for leaving him out of today's squad!

Just now, belly said:

Robbie did say he would play our strongest team, Souttar should be in the team until he's no longer a Hearts Player, the management are just buckling to Sevco's demands. If they want him that bad I would up the asking price for leaving him out of today's squad!

Robbie is doing a good job but the stuff he says in press conferences should be taken with a pinch of salt. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hopefully not too far away. I wish him the same success as I wish all the other rangers players. 

Pity they just played Scott Broon's team...

Naw, I don't seriously want him crocked again, (also a decent sell-on fee's the only bonus we can get).

Frank Sidebottom

I would cup tie him out out of spite. Why should we give them a better chance of winning a competition we are also looking to do win?

Rangers hold all the cards when it comes making a bid. The balance has tipped even more in their favour considering the pre contract deal was made public and the reaction of the fans.

I suspect a fee has been agreed and we are taking a hit to avoid further angst amongst the support.

I can’t see them agreeing to a sell-on fee so I’d take the offer but make it a loan deal fee so we don’t have to see him again until next season.

Ex member of the SaS

Ok leave him out for this cup game but if Sevco don't come up with cash this month then play him in the next game and to hell with them.

Sick of us laying down to the Glasgow bigots.

6 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

I would cup tie him out out of spite. Why should we give them a better chance of winning a competition we are also looking to do win?

Tbf. We want one of the OF to win the cup if we cannot. 

48 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Ongoing discussions,he will be offski shortly.

Agree, needs to go, the booing won’t stop if he stays and that’s not going to be good for the team as a whole, let’s just get some dosh £400k and a 20% sell on .

10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Rangers hold all the cards when it comes making a bid. The balance has tipped even more in their favour considering the pre contract deal was made public and the reaction of the fans.

I suspect a fee has been agreed and we are taking a hit to avoid further angst amongst the support.

I can’t see them agreeing to a sell-on fee so I’d take the offer but make it a loan deal fee so we don’t have to see him again until next season.

Really think this is , basically , all nonsense

15 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

I'd have made them a counter-offer and put him on the bench, giving them exactly 88 minutes to decide. If no, on he goes. **** Rangers and, sadly, **** Souttar. 

jambo-in-furness

Whatever happened to “we don’t need the cash, it will have to be crazy money to get him in this window”?

I have confidence in the people running our club. Looks like playing him on Tuesday has worked and it has forced Rangers hand earlier than they would have (a token bid just before midnight for an unsettled player anyone?).

Something acceptable must be on the table for us to remove him from our squad. We have already demonstrated that we are happy to keep playing him in the absence of an acceptable offer.

I would be pretty confident this is all done apart from the admin and the only reason it's not being signed/announced today is that everyone at our club is rightly focused on something much more important at the moment.

Rangers and Souttar can wait...

Tynecastle Valhalla
On 15/01/2022 at 12:04, Mister Dee said:

Souttar is one of the best young defenders we’ve had since the days of Maclaren and Levein. 

it’s a short career -especially with his injuries. 
We’ve supported and looked after him through his injuries, and developed him from a player with potential, to a full internationalist. 

This is how he thanks us. 

**** him. Judas **

savage and neilson have earned our trust on how best to handle this - they will not be happy with the situation just like the rest of us all and seek the best possible solution.

If he's not playing today I hope he never plays for us again. 

Delighted I got my booooooo's in when I did. 

Can't wait to booooooo him more when he returns as a fully fledged manky hun. 

1 hour ago, feej said:

Meet in the middle £400,000 

Sell on % will be much more valuable should his move work out and he kicks on. 

Just now, FFSJohn said:

Sell on % will be much more valuable should his move work out and he kicks on. 

Include that on top of £400k then that would be decent. 

1 minute ago, feej said:

Include that on top of £400k then that would be decent. 

I know they are miserable *******s but I have a feeling it will be more than £400k?

See this talk of a sell on % I can’t even see him being sold on anyway, he will have a few years there and his career will start winding down and if he is sold I wouldn’t imagine it being for big money, all my opinion of course but that’s how I see it. 

Edited by jamtartan74

1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I am disappointed,  they are haggling,  we should stick to £500k and 20% sell on or we play him until he’s broken.  He is our player end of.

This

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, jambo19 said:

I would think our prep, shape and tactics would only be known to the coaching staff.

highlandjambo3
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

I would think our prep, shape and tactics would only be known to the coaching staff.

An ankle injury apparently 🧐

Samuel Camazzola
26 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

If he's not playing today I hope he never plays for us again. 

Delighted I got my booooooo's in when I did. 

Can't wait to booooooo him more when he returns as a fully fledged manky hun. 

He'll still be here midweek. Rangers won't move before if it weakens our side ahead of their nearest challengers. 

5 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

See tuis talk of a sell on % I can’t even see him being sold on anyway, he will have a few years there and his career will start winding down and if he is sold I wouldn’t imagine it being for big money, all my opinion of course but that’s how I see it. 

He'll run down his contract to get a PC with Celtic. 

I think I would die laughing if that happened. 

It seems to be the way JS and his agent do things 😂

Captain Lithuania
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Really soon hopefully. 

37 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I'd have made them a counter-offer and put him on the bench, giving them exactly 88 minutes to decide. If no, on he goes. **** Rangers and, sadly, **** Souttar. 

100%.  Have Souttar warming up and ready to come on.

Camera on Savage sitting on his mobile phone to Castle Gray Skull.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Souttar breaks up play well, can play a long pass and can stride forward. 

Where he's weak is in close physical contact. If it was me I wouldn't be signing him. 

Not always. A certain tackle at Albion Place Stadium springs to mind. 😄

Ps ... anyone got a link for that 'un?

@kila posted a couple of crackers:-

A couple of gifs I made at the time ( Barker was December, Bartley was January):

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/177208-john-souttar-footage-v-hibs/&do=findComment&comment=6680457

Edited by Wee Mikey

46 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Whatever happened to “we don’t need the cash, it will have to be crazy money to get him in this window”?

Exactly! It was like the “Hearts only Hearts” guff the club came out with!

Seemingly Souttar is not playing because he is “injured”……aye right! 😏

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Seemingly Souttar is not playing because he is “injured”……aye right! 😏

Might have hurt himself with all that belly crawling he's been doing lately. 

Should have been named on the bench to make a point. Fairly certain that cup ties him. If he wants to spit the dummy etc then whatever. Maybe a lesson to go about your business in a proper way. 

Butterbean1874
2 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

He's seemingly injured and not in negotiations. just in IPlayer

Injured my …. Get him out asap now he’s no cup tied