Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Way more than 1%.

What shit? 

I never booed him during the game. 

The hun patter is 100% justified. 

Your stance would be different if it was celtic - 100%, which imo raises far more questions about your defence of his move to Rangers. 

There is 100% Conflict of interests of we  put rangers out the cup or they lose the league by a small margin then he may well get off to a bad start with Rangers fans. 

Imagine he score a last minute winner v them like he did v Celtic? 

He needs to go. He's now a hun *****. 

15,000 roughly on Tuesday.

Couple of hundred booing tops.

As for the insinuation about Celtic v Rangers.

It's not me bandying hun this and hun that .

If he plays his game as he can why would you not play him.

I'd say it's you who has the agenda .

And going by some of the posts from certain posters their politics are forming their view.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

9 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Didn’t seem to benefit St Johnstone much. Barrie McKay ran the show and we should’ve won by 4 or 5. 

Little by little the boos will stop but clapping a snake who signs a pre contract with The Rangers? Weird in my books.*

* regardless if the aim is to drown out booing I should add 

Booing or clapping every time JS touched the ball, was in my mind two sides of the same coin. Both were generated by fans who were driven to their actions by a love and passion for the club, and a desire to see us succeed.

Those booing were acting as such to demonstrate their disgust at their perception of his behaviour and how it was detrimental to the best interests of Hearts. Signing for an opponent will never go down well.

Those clapping were doing so to try and support a player, playing for the team and to try and help toward us winning the game. I doubt it was out of symapathy for JS the individual.

In both cases the actions were generated by people who only want what's best for Hearts, but who may see how to achieve that differently. To quote two cliches no player is bigger than the club, and the fans are the only ones who consistently display loyalty, and in this club more than most.

For what is worth, I neither clapped nor booed on Tuesday night, as I felt it was distracting, but I do understand that supporters will give voice to their feelings surrounding JS signing a PCA with that lot

27 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...I agree, which is why he should be nowhere near the first team. JS is going to continue to get it tight, which WILL affect the rest of the team. However, don't blame the fans, JS and Rangers have caused this... fans will be fans whether we like it or not. We're loyal, emotional and don't take kindly to being shafted when there were other routes/options open to him (even if Rangers was his preferred destination). He's made his bed.

So the fans would be causing the disruption?

John Souttar is sticking to his side of his Hearts contract…..it’s the fans who are acting like spoiled babies because he’s moving on. 

He has absolutely every right to do what he thinks is best for him. Just like Craig Gordon did 18 months or so ago….

Players come and go…..Skacel walked out on us without having played a single game on his new contract, Webster walked out on us with a year left on his contract…..both came back and ended up cup winning heroes v Hibs.

What is happening to Hearts happens to the biggest clubs in the world…..don’t be so naive to think it shouldn’t happen to us.

And don’t think we wouldn’t do it to another club if the situation arose.

I suggest all the boo’ers pick-up there dummies, stop crying and look at the bigger picture.

We have games to win and it’s honestly best if we support the team rather than subject one guy to abuse when he will be doing his best to win whilst wearing maroon.

You will all have ample opportunity to boo him soon enough.

Voice of reason
43 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...I agree, which is why he should be nowhere near the first team. JS is going to continue to get it tight, which WILL affect the rest of the team. However, don't blame the fans, JS and Rangers have caused this... fans will be fans whether we like it or not. We're loyal, emotional and don't take kindly to being shafted when there were other routes/options open to him (even if Rangers was his preferred destination). He's made his bed.

I have the absolute opposite viewpoint. The fans booing Soutter have a choice not to negatively affect the team. They are to blame for acting against the good of the team as they have the free will to act differently, particularly if it goes on for weeks. We are a better with JS playing and Europe is important. Everyone needs to get behind the 11 on the pitch. The point was made that the fans are angry about the way the Rangers move was handled at the St Johnstone game but let’s focus on winning games from now on. Really frustrating hearing our fans booing our own player. It does nobody any good at Hearts. Not playing him, or booing him, helps Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell etc. in their attempts to catch us. It does nothing for Hearts.

Edited by Voice of reason

14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So the fans would be causing the disruption? - aye... for a reason. We're playing a player that doesn't want to be here, in fact a player that has stated he wants to leave this month.

John Souttar is sticking to his side of his Hearts contract…..it’s the fans who are acting like spoiled babies because he’s moving on. 

He has absolutely every right to do what he thinks is best for him. Just like Craig Gordon did 18 months or so ago…. - I've never argued otherwise. I understand he wants to do what is best... and he could have done that by signing at the end of the season (or even doing it just now, make it confidential - and then state he'll be leaving at the end of his contract.)

Players come and go…..Skacel walked out on us without having played a single game on his new contract, Webster walked out on us with a year left on his contract…..both came back and ended up cup winning heroes v Hibs. - yeah. so? IIRC Skacel extended his contract purely to get us a fee didn't he? JS could have done that.

What is happening to Hearts happens to the biggest clubs in the world…..don’t be so naive to think it shouldn’t happen to us. - I'm not. I'm saying it should and could have been handled better by him. Instead (IMO) he's stuck 2 fingers up to the club.

And don’t think we wouldn’t do it to another club if the situation arose. - probably.

I suggest all the boo’ers pick-up there dummies, stop crying and look at the bigger picture.

We have games to win and it’s honestly best if we support the team rather than subject one guy to abuse when he will be doing his best to win whilst wearing maroon.  -Totally agree. But I'm not going to look down my nose at those that have every right to show their displeasure. They pay their money like everyone else - it's their prerogative. It doesn't help the team though... which is why I wouldn't play him (as I stated above.)

You will all have ample opportunity to boo him soon enough. - Don't include me in the booers... as I've stated numerous times on this thread, I've never booed a player in maroon and not about to start with him. I hate it. Doesn't mean I agree with how he's handled the situation. 

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Ked said:

15,000 roughly on Tuesday.

Couple of hundred booing tops.

As for the insinuation about Celtic v Rangers.

It's not me bandying hun this and hun that .

If he plays his game as he can why would you not play him.

I'd say it's you who has the agenda .

And going by some of the posts from certain posters their politics are forming their view.

If you don't know the answer to that question then I don't know what to tell you. 

Way more than a couple of hundred 

32 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

I have the absolute opposite viewpoint. The fans booing Soutter have a choice not to negatively affect the team. They are to blame for acting against the good of the team as they have the free will to act differently, particularly if it goes on for weeks. We are a better with JS playing and Europe is important. Everyone needs to get behind the 11 on the pitch. The point was made that the fans are angry about the way the Rangers move was handled at the St Johnstone game but let’s focus on winning games from now on. Really frustrating hearing our fans booing our own player. It does nobody any good at Hearts. Not playing him, or booing him, helps Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell etc. in their attempts to catch us. It does nothing for Hearts.

I get it mate, and agree with most of what you're saying. I hate the booing also it probably affects the team more than the individual player. Personally, I wouldn't play him for this reason and also because we have able players sitting in the wings - Moore, Smith, Haring. Yes we always want to play our best 11, but swapping JS for one of those 3 wouldn't weaken us that much IMO.

FWIW after 10-15 minutes, when JS touched the ball, the booing did begin to subside... however, those that began to clap, I think, just encouraged the booers to keep going. It was going to be a thing from then on unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Understand fully your points made mate, but to bench him, and pay his wages for 6 months suits the Huns better than it suits us. That weakens us if we don’t replace him this window and It feels to a degree that we are being double shafted and why the f… should we, and not use him to make sure we get this European spot.

That would at least give us a few million when he is walking away, and as it stands, we are getting nothing. It’s an absolute joke 

I was initially really angry with Souttar and the way this whole affair played out, but I have got to be honest and say since it was announced that venom is now being exclusively reserved for that shower along the m8. Despicable institution. 

This rule (Pre contract) for clubs doesn’t exist in the Leagues down South. Only the Tin Pot Glasgow Weegie SFA have it in place to ensure their favourite 2 continue to dominate the gold fish ball that is Scottish fitba 😒

Yeah - it's a damned if we do, damned if we don't situation. I've said it before on here - I just wish his agreement with sevco had remained confidential. He could have then came out and said 'I won't be signing once my contract ends, but I'll give Hearts everything until the end of the season. Then I'll make my decision.' Simple. I've got nothing against players doing what's right for their families or their careers, players come and go... but at least try to show a bit of humility. He (and sevco) have basically unpinned a grenade and rolled it into Tynecastle. It was always going to cause a 'stramash' with the support.

..and you're bang on with the rule. It'll benefit the uglies 90% of the time... which is why it will probably remain. 👍

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

Theirs not one person on kb that wouldn't leave their job to get over 5 times their current salary no way  he deserves to be treat the way he was on tuesday just for putting his family first

Depends on where the job is, I wouldn’t go there to work for that institution. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah - it's a damned if we do, damned if we don't situation. I've said it before on here - I just wish his agreement with sevco had remained confidential. He could have then came out and said 'I won't be signing once my contract ends, but I'll give Hearts everything until the end of the season. Then I'll make my decision.' Simple. I've got nothing against players doing what's right for their families or their careers, players come and go... but at least try to show a bit of humility. He (and sevco) have basically unpinned a grenade and rolled it into Tynecastle. It was always going to cause a 'stramash' with the support.

..and you're bang on with the rule. It'll benefit the uglies 90% of the time... which is why it will probably remain. 👍

Agreed, but it’s not a rule it’s a law and legally can’t be stopped. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, but it’s not a rule it’s a law and legally can’t be stopped. 

...ah, but they don't operate this way down south. Do you know if they changed it or has it always been the case (in the EPL)?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...ah, but they don't operate this way down south. Do you know if they changed it or has it always been the case (in the EPL)?

It seems to be a gentleman’s agreement but it’s part of the Bosman ruling so if it was challenged in court it would fall apart. As you said it suits the uglies so why would it be introduced here anyway. 
I think it’s all of the leagues down there, Neilson had to inform Adebayos club last January that we could speak to him, they really are an outlier in many aspects of the game.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, true-jambo said:

Booing or clapping every time JS touched the ball, was in my mind two sides of the same coin. Both were generated by fans who were driven to their actions by a love and passion for the club, and a desire to see us succeed.

Those booing were acting as such to demonstrate their disgust at their perception of his behaviour and how it was detrimental to the best interests of Hearts. Signing for an opponent will never go down well.

Those clapping were doing so to try and support a player, playing for the team and to try and help toward us winning the game. I doubt it was out of symapathy for JS the individual.

In both cases the actions were generated by people who only want what's best for Hearts, but who may see how to achieve that differently. To quote two cliches no player is bigger than the club, and the fans are the only ones who consistently display loyalty, and in this club more than most.

For what is worth, I neither clapped nor booed on Tuesday night, as I felt it was distracting, but I do understand that supporters will give voice to their feelings surrounding JS signing a PCA with that lot

Disgust no, just the disappointment 😒 

14 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

1 April down south rather than 1 January ish up here. Their method makes much more sense. 

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It seems to be a gentleman’s agreement but it’s part of the Bosman ruling so if it was challenged in court it would fall apart. As you said it suits the uglies so why would it be introduced here anyway. 
I think it’s all of the leagues down there, Neilson had to inform Adebayos club last January that we could speak to him, they really are an outlier in many aspects of the game.

👍

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

1 April down south rather than 1 January ish up here. Their method makes much more sense. 

👍

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

Didn’t seem to benefit St Johnstone much. Barrie McKay ran the show and we should’ve won by 4 or 5. 

Little by little the boos will stop but clapping a snake who signs a pre contract with The Rangers? Weird in my books.*

* regardless if the aim is to drown out booing I should add 

You are contradicting yourself . By your own admission the clapping is not done in support of JS . Really not sure why this , very obvious point , can't be grasped 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

So the fans would be causing the disruption?

He has absolutely every right to do what he thinks is best for him. Just like Craig Gordon did 18 months or so ago….

Players come and go…..Skacel walked out on us without having played a single game on his new contract, Webster walked out on us with a year left on his contract…..both came back and ended up cup winning heroes v Hibs.

What is happening to Hearts happens to the biggest clubs in the world…..don’t be so naive to think it shouldn’t happen to us.

And don’t think we wouldn’t do it to another club if the situation arose.

We have games to win and it’s honestly best if we support the team rather than subject one guy to abuse when he will be doing his best to win whilst wearing maroon.

You will all have ample opportunity to boo him soon enough.

The big picture is the Old Firm control Scottish football. 

So all hail John Souttar for joining the in crowd and getting some good money. 

We are the losers. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Still illegal though as it’s supposed to be the last six months of the contract. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We are the losers. 

Exactly, apparently we should roll over and accept it, maybe even give him a clap for going there. 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, true-jambo said:

A very fair summary of the situation. I wish those with the most extreme views on this would read and consider your post.

I am where you are on this - the booing and clapping are understandable but hopefully will die away while the team tries to ensure the third place we really want.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We are the losers. 

No need to hail him……just don’t boo him. Not whilst he’s part of the team anyway.

It’s time we accepted our place in the food chain….Dundee Utd lose out to us and we lose out to Rangers.

That isn’t changing anytime soon.

23 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

A very fair summary of the situation. I wish those with the most extreme views on this would read and consider your post.

I am where you are on this - the booing and clapping are understandable but hopefully will die away while the team tries to ensure the third place we really want.

I too hope and expect the booing will die away.

Signing a couple of strikers and possibly a replacement CH would certainly go a long way to distract the attention away from the JS situation

23 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

No need to hail him……just don’t boo him. Not whilst he’s part of the team anyway.

It’s time we accepted our place in the food chain….Dundee Utd lose out to us and we lose out to Rangers.

That isn’t changing anytime soon.

I personally hope no fan ever accepts that and those that are involved with the club resist any and all efforts by the old firm to increase their dominance even further. Rangers and Celtic are bigger clubs than us but we need to (and probably are already) get smarter with contracts and not supply them with players. 

41 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I personally hope no fan ever accepts that and those that are involved with the club resist any and all efforts by the old firm to increase their dominance even further. Rangers and Celtic are bigger clubs than us but we need to (and probably are already) get smarter with contracts and not supply them with players. 

There is no point in kidding ourselves on.….we won’t compete if it’s a tug of war for a player.

Being smart with contracts is a problem…..Souttar was offered a deal and refused. I don’t know what else you expected the club to do here.

If we’d sold him in the summer for a couple of hundred grand I suspect the club would have been knocked for showing zero ambition.

We kept hold of the guy as long as we possibly could. He wants to go to a bigger club and win medals and earn more money.

Why people can’t just accept these things us behind me.

Its like arguing with children.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

There is no point in kidding ourselves on.….we won’t compete if it’s a tug of war for a player.

Being smart with contracts is a problem…..Souttar was offered a deal and refused. I don’t know what else you expected the club to do here.

If we’d sold him in the summer for a couple of hundred grand I suspect the club would have been knocked for showing zero ambition.

We kept hold of the guy as long as we possibly could. He wants to go to a bigger club and win medals and earn more money.

I’m not blaming the club. Souttar would have probably been offered a contract much earlier if he hadn’t been injured so I doubt anyone could blame the club. 

I don’t think you’ll ever get Hearts fans to accept a contracted player going to one of three clubs who can be classed as bitter rivals, while he still has 6 months of his contract left. St Mirren fans might be ok with it, Killie fans maybe?

Souttar has looked after Souttar in all of this. That’s fair enough but he must have known if he was stuck with us after he signed the fans would turn on him. You must have known as well. Now that the fans have turned on him I don’t see what there is to argue about tbh. ‘Part and parcel of football’ were I think Robbie’s words re the fans reaction. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Still illegal though as it’s supposed to be the last six months of the contract. 

Yes, but sensible clubs agree to a sensible rule to avoid situations like the Souttar saga. No reason we couldn’t do the same up here. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, but sensible clubs agree to a sensible rule to avoid situations like the Souttar saga. No reason we couldn’t do the same up here. 

It’s not illegal anyway.  Parties to a commercial contract can generally chose to amend them and how to implement them if they are all agreed. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, apparently we should roll over and accept it, maybe even give him a clap for going there. 

Dropping Souttar or being forced to let him go on the cheap would be us rolling over to Rangers - a club that abuses the transfer system regularly. That's much, much worse than accepting Souttar can help us into Europe and booing him every game will just ruin the rest of the season for everyone. Just give him the silent treatment instead - easier on the that too.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Couldn't clap John Soutter, but didn't boo either - I'm nearly 40!

I don't think we should be playing him though.

Surely he didn't actually have to sign a pre-contract with Rangers? Just wrap it all up in the summer. If he gets crocked Rangers can pull out of the deal anyway, no? I didn't think these pre-contracts actually tie anyone to anything?

The Wrinkly Ninja
12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It is beyond me how someone would fail to grasp why every other football fan, yes football fans, just can’t accept that he is right and they are wrong. Particularly when he believes the people he insists on arguing with are childlike.

Belittles people when not happy because he isn’t getting things his own way while arguing that others have no right to display their unhappiness in a non harmful way of their choosing that has no direct impact on him. Somewhat ironic.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

What I have been told is that during his last injury when it was unclear if he would make it back his contract was up. We offered him an extension to this summer but on less money than his previous contract which, given the circumstances, he accepted. At the end of last season, after his return, his agent asked for previous wages to be reinstated. We refused but offered him a new deal on much higher wages to 2023. Offer was declined.  We have known since last summer he was not staying.  
No idea if completely true but from a pretty decent source 

In terms of wages, didn't the shift from high basic back to bonuses impact all wages, so players renewing may well have faced the offer of a lower basic wage, but potentially a bigger overall package. I think that was all made public when Budge admitted her mistake in paying a high basic wage and resolved to shift to the more usual basic plus bonuses model.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 19/01/2022 at 01:55, kila said:

I think Cammy would sign a new 1 year contract on a higher wage at Hearts first so we get a good transfer fee :thumbsup:

Rat Souttar has had Rangers in his ear for a while now and has engineered his move so Hearts get nothing.

Souttar signed an extension - he's been here 6 years. Without the last injury we more than likely would have got a fee. Would Cammy do it twice though, as people are expecting Souttar to?

Ex member of the SaS

When in contract negotiations it would have been fair to all had he signed a contract extension with a get out clause. It would have secured a fee for the club that stood by him and allowed him to move to the Huns if that was his ambition.

Footballers have a short term and have to make as much as possible in that time period. However he should also be aware that we looked out for him and doing the same in return would not have hurt him. IF they wait until his contract runs out then we get nothing and no sell on clause and this should be the minimum a player should do for his club unless there is animosity.

I remember in 2014, it looked like we were going to get Craig Gordon, then Celtic came and offered him 2 or 3 times what we were offering and he went there instead.  I didn't have any issue with that and whilst Souttar going to The Rangers is disappointing (I'd rather he went down South), I've no issue with any player looking out for themselves first. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, TurboT said:

I remember in 2014, it looked like we were going to get Craig Gordon, then Celtic came and offered him 2 or 3 times what we were offering and he went there instead.  I didn't have any issue with that and whilst Souttar going to The Rangers is disappointing (I'd rather he went down South), I've no issue with any player looking out for themselves first. 

Craig also will have gone there to play CL football, as Souttar is doing with Rangers. It's not all about the money for these guys, especially ones like these two who know they have and will make at minimum a decent living from playing football for a long career and who are also pretty smart lads who will have no problem making a living post football.

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

It is beyond me how someone would fail to grasp why every other football fan, yes football fans, just can’t accept that he is right and they are wrong. Particularly when he believes the people he insists on arguing with are childlike.

Belittles people when not happy because he isn’t getting things his own way while arguing that others have no right to display their unhappiness in a non harmful way of their choosing that has no direct impact on him. Somewhat ironic.

The boo-ers seem to be complaining about the people clapping to drown them out. Think it's them who can't handle the criticism.

I've never heard of fans telling off other fans for being too "happy clappy" at a game. Most folk do go to enjoy themselves and if clapping is happening it's typically because we are winning or still have a chance of winning a game.

Bit fans at Tynecastle regularly get told off by other fans to sit down or calm down when they get up and start berating one of our own players, especially if they di it in a sustained way. That's because they are distracting and annoying others who want to watch the game. Same as when the mini huns in our support start their songs, the rest of the crowd has often responded with boos or drowning them out with a Hearts song. When the plane hirers did their thing, the crowd responded with a show of support for Neilson... 

It really is the boo-ers who are crying about not getting their way.

Edited by ToqueJambo

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Souttar signed an extension - he's been here 6 years. Without the last injury we more than likely would have got a fee. Would Cammy do it twice though, as people are expecting Souttar to?

Well if he had signed the rumoured 1 year extension at £8k a week he'd become much richer straight away and could've left in the summer anyway - only difference being if Rangers really wanted him they'd have to cough up.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If you don't know the answer to that question then I don't know what to tell you. 

Way more than a couple of hundred 

What was the question you refer to? I couldn't see one on the post you quoted.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Well if he had signed the rumoured 1 year extension at £8k a week he'd become much richer straight away and could've left in the summer anyway - only difference being if Rangers really wanted him they'd have to cough up.

And when do players ever do that, especially at Souttar's age and stage of career, when good transfer fees being paid to non OF clubs are rare and with Souttar's history of injuries? Nice idea but it seems unrealistic. And it could apply to many, many players who have left Hearts for little or no money.

This stings because it's Rangers - rightly, it's a pisser - but IMO the best way to get back at Rangers is to hold out for a good fee and play Souttar the rest of the season (if his head's in it and his firm is good) if they don't go for that. That's much better than rolling over to their attempts to get him on the cheap, which is what the pre-contract announcement was all about.  The boo boys are just doing Rangers work for them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Doubt the booing will happen against Celtic, there will be plenty other rats to boo that day.  Folk having a go at Hearts fans for voicing their disapproval at the way JS has handled this need to have a word with themselves.

The guy has decided to leave in the way he has, it could have been done other ways with no resentment from fans.  The bottom line is there’s only one person who’s caused this mess, but yet people clap him, strange.

2 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Doubt the booing will happen against Celtic, there will be plenty other rats to boo that day.  Folk having a go at Hearts fans for voicing their disapproval at the way JS has handled this need to have a word with themselves.

The guy has decided to leave in the way he has, it could have been done other ways with no resentment from fans.  The bottom line is there’s only one person who’s caused this mess, but yet people clap him, strange.

There won't be. Those horrible specimens will make a song and dance about booing him as a wind up.

The irony being, any displeasure with JS will be forgotten and it will be all hands on deck to give it to them back with both barrels !

At least I hope that's how it does play out ! 

40 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Same happened with McGregor at one time. 

12 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Can you explain exactly what you think is wrong with the way he is leaving please? 

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And when do players ever do that, especially at Souttar's age and stage of career, when good transfer fees being paid to non OF clubs are rare and with Souttar's history of injuries? Nice idea but it seems unrealistic. And it could apply to many, many players who have left Hearts for little or no money.

This stings because it's Rangers - rightly, it's a pisser - but IMO the best way to get back at Rangers is to hold out for a good fee and play Souttar the rest of the season (if his head's in it and his firm is good) if they don't go for that. That's much better than rolling over to their attempts to get him on the cheap, which is what the pre-contract announcement was all about.  The boo boys are just doing Rangers work for them.

He could've signed the new 1 year deal before the January window and got his move down south now as he wasn't short of interest. Though he has since cited family reasons so I guess that's it and we'll see how things go for him.

Do you want him lining up against Rangers at Ibrox? I actually thought he had a good enough game on Tuesday but can we trust his commitment against his new teammates at their ground and show some real fight for Hearts? Would he take Morelos out like he did Griffiths? I doubt it.

Edited by kila

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dropping Souttar or being forced to let him go on the cheap would be us rolling over to Rangers - a club that abuses the transfer system regularly. That's much, much worse than accepting Souttar can help us into Europe and booing him every game will just ruin the rest of the season for everyone. Just give him the silent treatment instead - easier on the that too.

In your opinion, would you be happy to play him in a game after the split that could win us third place and deny them the league and access to the CL money. 
Rangers are playing the system no doubt, the fact that Souttar wants to go there tells you all you need to know about him. 
I didn’t boo him during the game, certainly didn’t clap either. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It’s not illegal anyway.  Parties to a commercial contract can generally chose to amend them and how to implement them if they are all agreed. 

If a player down south wants to sign a pre contract in the last six months of his contract and this rule doesn’t allow it that’s illegal, he’s not agreed to it. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

^^^You really DO get it. Bravo!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Do The Dance said:

Couldn't clap John Soutter, but didn't boo either - I'm nearly 40!

I don't think we should be playing him though.

Surely he didn't actually have to sign a pre-contract with Rangers? Just wrap it all up in the summer. If he gets crocked Rangers can pull out of the deal anyway, no? I didn't think these pre-contracts actually tie anyone to anything?

They are legally binding, depending on what’s in it, there might be an injury clause which is extremely unlikely. Ross County had to pay £40k to St Johnstone after Richard Britain signed for Saints but wanted to stay in Dingwall.