Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Last year we were awful and RN was lucky to keep his job.  I put a lot of the reasons for our improvement this year down to Savage and the new players he has sourced. I would have preferred a more experienced manager rather than one learning his trade. Credit were credit is due though we are playing much better football and RN should be praised.

This year I don’t think we have anything of substance to complain about.  I don’t have a problem with and fully understand why fans wants to give Souttar some stick, he deserves it.

He really wasn't. Managers are rarely sacked when doing the main thing they were employed to do, and are even more rarely sacked for cup results. Neilson is plenty experienced right now - in his 8th season as a manager? - with experience for different teams in different leagues and countries.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Last year we were awful and RN was lucky to keep his job.  I put a lot of the reasons for our improvement this year down to Savage and the new players he has sourced. I would have preferred a more experienced manager rather than one learning his trade. Credit were credit is due though we are playing much better football and RN should be praised.

This year I don’t think we have anything of substance to complain about.  I don’t have a problem with and fully understand why fans wants to give Souttar some stick, he deserves it.

Souttar got stick on here from me from last Friday to Monday, i saw the light. I have no problem with anyone who sees things differently, i do see that we have learned from mistakes bad results. I have grown to respect Robbie due to his Highs rather than those lows we all felt. It was always going to be a learning curve, i sense we are out of it to some extent. No way am i saying Robbie is that Hero, at the moment though it looks and feels that way to me. People hate people for numerous reasons, Robbie is getting the love, if he ****s up i will revert back to the bad old days.

OUt OUt OUt

53 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Their antics at games annoys me much more. Who knows who are actual Hearts fans on this forum.

I know a couple of Jambos on here

13 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I know a couple of Jambos on here

Not really a glowing endorsement, Bud.

There are Jambos on here who spraff shite on a quite regular basis !

That's on here ! 

At the game, it's worse !

:sadrobbo:

Just now, Boab said:

Not really a glowing endorsement, Bud.

There are Jambos on here who spraff shite on a quite regular basis !

That's on here ! 

At the game, it's worse !

:sadrobbo:

At least at the game you can spraff shite back , maybe even get round onto the Wheatfield cobbles if spraff gets upgraded quick. Even if not playing at home, i will pay for the Taxi to the Wheatfield.

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

At least at the game you can spraff shite back , maybe even get round onto the Wheatfield cobbles if spraff gets upgraded quick. Even if not playing at home, i will pay for the Taxi to the Wheatfield.

🤣👍

Nothing wrong with a vent at the soccer ball !

Honestly don't think that in the media interviews Robbie is always speaking freely. He's so consistent in his lines sometimes, such as JS staying unless a substantial offer is received, that it sounds like he's been briefed to say that - or something along those lines.

Ultimately, it's Joe Savage who will be dictating the narrative of what Robbie says, and it will be designed to help achieve the best outcome for the club, as that's Joe's job.

Gone are the days of manager's just rocking up and speaking off the cuff, there's more thought that goes into it than I think most here seem to appreciate.

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Because Souttar has already signed the pre-contract agreement. 

Yup the minute he put pen to paper we are left with a poor negotiating position. We could of course tell them to bolt but instead we will no doubt be pragmatic.

It was the right decision not to play him. If we cup tied him, we'd be knocking value off his potential sale. If Rangers cannot meet our demands now, we'll play him for the rest of the season and in the next cup game. No biggie. No harm done. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It was the right decision not to play him. If we cup tied him, we'd be knocking value off his potential sale. If Rangers cannot meet our demands now, we'll play him for the rest of the season and in the next cup game. No biggie. No harm done. 

Drawing sevco ?

4 hours ago, 1953 said:

Surely trying to get The Rangers to pay decent cash for him in this window is exactly the reason we've not cup tied him. I really don't get folks wanting him to go but want to cup tie him just for spite.

If we want to win the cup we'll in all probability have to play them, Celtic or both. That and a 'we won't be pushed around' is why perhaps we should have. Up to Savage + Robbie though.

If the clubs are still negotiating, then I can live with the decision not to cup tie Souttar, given it would decrease his value to Sevco. However, pretending he is injured just annoys everyone. It would have been better to say ‘we decided it would be better not to play him today, as he isn’t in the right place mentally given all of the speculation over his future.’ Has the additional advantage of probably being true. Might annoy Souttar, but what is he going to do at this point? Sign for another club again?

I will say this though - they had better be damn close to a deal, and at the right price. Sadly, I expect this has ‘undisclosed fee’ stamped all over it.

1 hour ago, feej said:

Just think that's how it will go, we have our price they have theirs, would expect to get a better fee however I think they may comprise and agree on something in this region.

Time to make a stand against these scumbags - £500k or they can do one!

8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

If the clubs are still negotiating, then I can live with the decision not to cup tie Souttar, given it would decrease his value to Sevco. However, pretending he is injured just annoys everyone. It would have been better to say ‘we decided it would be better not to play him today, as he isn’t in the right place mentally given all of the speculation over his future.’ Has the additional advantage of probably being true. Might annoy Souttar, but what is he going to do at this point? Sign for another club again?

I will say this though - they had better be damn close to a deal, and at the right price. Sadly, I expect this has ‘undisclosed fee’ stamped all over it.

Crazy thought ... but what if he is slightly injured and Robbie's telling the truth.

Cause I'm sure they can reason just as you say, and as you say, don't see the benefit of lying.

SectionDJambo

Now that we have made it clear to John Souttar how unhappy we are with him, I reckon we should lay off him during games now, assuming he stays. We need to focus on the team effort.

More booing etc will only put pressure on Hearts now as we try to remain determined to get proper money from Rangers if they want him this season.

We have to back Hearts sticking to their guns if we keep him. 3rd place will be worth a lot of cash as will a good cup run. Maybe more than Rangers are trying to get away with.

If John Souttar helps us do both it will have been a great answer to any other club trying to con us in future.

300k for full Scottish international in good form moving into the business end of the season. Souttar, that's your next employer 😂

2 minutes ago, Superscot said:

Crazy thought ... but what if he is slightly injured and Robbie's telling the truth.

Cause I'm sure they can reason just as you say, and as you say, don't see the benefit of lying.

There is a bit of both going on  Has a sore back was given time to talk with people. nothing wrong at all. Whispers a deal is near done.

So one of our most injury prone players picks up an injury and all of a sudden it’s lies?

This place sometimes is unbelievable.

Just let the guys who are experts in dealing with situations like this deal with it.

The amount of shrapnel being spraffed is incredible.

19 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Time to make a stand against these scumbags - £500k or they can do one!

I would love us to do that  and hold out for good money to reinvest in the team.

34 minutes ago, Rods said:

Well done Hearts. 

He is worth more than 300k to us on the pitch. 

Pay us our valuation or jog on. 

They are skint the 12 mill ,if they got that ! That’s Ashley’s for the shirt deal and they will probably pay anything on the never never . It was said they will have to sell to buy so you can guarantee Goldson will be sold in the window there’s no danger they will let him walk for nowt 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Not always. A certain tackle at Albion Place Stadium springs to mind. 😄

Ps ... anyone got a link for that 'un?

@kila posted a couple of crackers:-

A couple of gifs I made at the time ( Barker was December, Bartley was January):

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/177208-john-souttar-footage-v-hibs/&do=findComment&comment=6680457

Which one is that? He’s never had a good game down there never mind made a challenge worthy of any note. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

They are skint the 12 mill ,if they got that ! That’s Ashley’s for the shirt deal and they will probably pay anything on the never never . It was said they will have to sell to buy so you can guarantee Goldson will be sold in the window there’s no danger they will let him walk for nowt 

They need someone willing to pay for Goldson, doesn’t seem to be much happening with that. 

Obviously  their latest high street bank loan doesn't cover the required fee.

Just shut this down, Hearts,  before they get shut down. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

They need someone willing to pay for Goldson, doesn’t seem to be much happening with that. 

They are gambling big time either get a much needed couple of mill now or f all come summer

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

They are gambling big time either get a much needed couple of mill now or f all come summer

I don’t really pay much attention but is there anyone linked with the ugly *****?

Edited by Pasquale for King

8 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I don't want to see Souttar away for 500k or less and then watch them recoup up to 1m for Goldson. **** that

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t really pay much attention but is there anyone linked with the ugly *****?

A couple of clubs can’t remember who

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, feej said:

I would love us to do that  and hold out for good money to reinvest in the team.

We can't hold out for "good money". 

He goes now for shite money or in June for nothing. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Hackney Hearts
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What if they accept it 😂

Then we're stuck with Goldson, I guess.  :sad:

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We can't hold out for "good money". 

He goes now for shite money or in June for nothing. 

🙈🙊🙉

Maybe put out a rumour that the injury was the result if an over enthusiastic tackle at training. Maybe a follow up statement that training at a club like Hearts is very physical. 

Who knows how the club formerly known as Rangers might feel about their investment being put at risk?

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He really wasn't. Managers are rarely sacked when doing the main thing they were employed to do, and are even more rarely sacked for cup results. Neilson is plenty experienced right now - in his 8th season as a manager? - with experience for different teams in different leagues and countries.

and had very little success.

Jambo in Bathgate
10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

So they got four times market value for Patterson but offer derisory 300k for JS. Scum club.

Rangers are financially in the mire. They need every penny to survive. If they don’t get automatic Champions League group stage they will become Sevco.1 

WheatfieldWarrior
10 hours ago, Butterbean1874 said:

So do u want him to stay until the end of season? What if hearts play Rangers in the cup weather it be final or not & JS is playing against us & we could’ve prevented this sometimes I think we’re just to much of a soft touch GET THE DEAL DONE!!!

I think it'll be a paid loan rather than a transfer - that would save Rangers increasing his wages between now and May.  We could include a clause that prevents him being played against us. 

My gut tells me he is away after not playing in scottish cup game, hopefully by early next week. Then we can all focus on Hearts and our best interests.