Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

24 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Well in my real world it worked. I was unfortunate enough to have fallen seriously ill a few years ago. Took over a year and a half for me to get well enough to go back to work. Never missed a paycheque. That is the difference between good companies and not so good ones. 

No, that's the difference between a business that can afford to do it and a business who can't.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874

him to **** out of the team and out of the the club.. as soon as possible. 

the reaction was inevitable, it’s not going to change.. it will be the same every week and it really does risk undermining our season.

GET HIM OUT

31 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Well in my real world it worked. I was unfortunate enough to have fallen seriously ill a few years ago. Took over a year and a half for me to get well enough to go back to work. Never missed a paycheque. That is the difference between good companies and not so good ones. 

Stuck with them, and not left for a better offer then

I really don’t like him being here, but 3rd is massive and he will help us get there, so we have to keep him. If he keeps up his performance levels then it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I really don’t like him being here, but 3rd is massive and he will help us get there, so we have to keep him. If he keeps up his performance levels then it is what it is.

I agree. 

Not happy about how this PCA has panned out but I support Hearts the team not individual hearts players. If constantly booing Souttar or any Hearts player is going to do anything, it most certainly not anything positive for the team’. It will only distract from our chances of a positive outcome for the season. I hope the point has been made and this doesn’t become a regular thing. It’s very unlikely that The Rangers are going to make anything other than a token offer before the window shuts so think about what means more, venting anger at Souttar or watching the ‘team’ have a successful season. I know which one a ‘reasonable supporter’ would chose. Time to look at how you want this season to unfold. If we fail to meet our stated season targets, I think this type of treatment will be a contributing factor.

It’s no doubt been mentioned a load of times already on the thread but still can’t believe those clowns in the gorgie stand clapping him every time he touched the ball :lol:

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think he will help us get there.  I think (rightly or wrongly) his presence is poisonous.  It’s not sustainable 

The supporters booing him are making his presence poisonous.

The team finishing 3rd and getting into Europe along with a decent Cup run is far more important than Souttar signing for Rangers.

We have a better chance of achieving what we want to with him than without him…..like all players the guy is just passing through and we need to look at the bigger picture.

Tynecastle can’t be a fortress when there is infighting amongst the supporters.….and the whole support isn’t behind the whole team.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

It’s no doubt been mentioned a load of times already on the thread but still can’t believe those clowns in the gorgie stand clapping him every time he touched the ball :lol:

To be fair there was people in all stands booing and clapping 

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think he will help us get there.  I think (rightly or wrongly) his presence is poisonous.  It’s not sustainable 

Absolutely crazy! His presence clearly is not poisonous as much as you may want to think it is or indeed want it to be. 

Play him in the absence of £500k. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The team finishing 3rd and getting into Europe along with a decent Cup run is far more important than Souttar signing for Rangers.

We have a better chance of achieving what we want to with him than without him…..like all players the guy is just passing through and we need to look at the bigger picture.

Tynecastle can’t be a fortress when there is infighting amongst the supporters.….and the whole support isn’t behind the whole team.

The fans will not a rangers player, who wants to be at or angers prancing around Tynecastle in a hearts top.  

debating it on here isn’t going to make any difference whatsoever! 

he can’t play. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Absolutely crazy! His presence clearly is not poisonous as much as you may want to think it is or indeed want it to be. 

Play him in the absence of £500k. 

Why would I “want” it to be poisonous?  

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

The fans will not a rangers player, who wants to be at or angers prancing around Tynecastle in a hearts top.  

he can’t play. 

He is playing though.

So the best idea would be to save up all the anger until he is actually a Rangers player and not cause anymore unrest or distraction by booing.

Booing is really helping nobody at the moment.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

He is playing though.

So the best idea would be to save up all the anger until he is actually a Rangers player and not cause anymore unrest or distraction by booing.

Booing is really helping nobody at the moment.

I never boo’d .. but a huge ****ing section of our support did.. 

You may be right.. but they ain’t changing their mind any time soon and they will be here long after Souttar is a distant memory

btw - he is a rangers player.. who wants to be at rangers right now.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I never boo’d .. but a huge ****ing section of our support did.. 

You may be right.. but they ain’t changing their mind.. 

btw - he is a rangers player.. who wants to be at rangers right now.. 

He isn’t a Rangers player……but he will be once he registered as a Rangers player with the SFA which won’t be until the summer unless we sell.

John Souttar is most definitely a Hearts player who will do his best to get us 3rd until he leaves the club.

After that I don’t really care what happens to him but whilst he’s playing for us we need him to be 100% focused.

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Absolutely. Cutting off our noses to spite our faces. Fans have made it clear what the think. Imo that was enough last night and it doesn't need to continue purely for the good of the team and nothing else.

He probably shouldn't play but he is without a doubt part of our best XI and I do trust him to give his best for Hearts while he is with us. Robbies job is to put the best XI on the pitch to win games. **** everything else, it is that simple.

As much as I would have hoped Moore could do as well there, clearly Robbie doesn't think so or he would have started him. It would be great if we could sell him this window and replace him but if that doesn't happen we need the best XI on the pitch.

As you say, the team is more important than any individual and as a support we need to accept it is what it is and get on with it. Winning games is all that matters.

Just now, Cruyff said:

Absolutely. Cutting off our noses to spite our faces. Fans have made it clear what the think. Imo that was enough last night and it doesn't need to continue purely for the good of the team and nothing else.

He probably shouldn't play but he is without a doubt part of our best XI and I do trust him to give his best for Hearts while he is with us. Robbies job is to put the best XI on the pitch to win games. **** everything else, it is that simple.

As much as I would have hoped Moore could do as well there, clearly Robbie doesn't think so or he would have started him. It would be great if we could sell him this window and replace him but if that doesn't happen we need the best XI on the pitch.

As you say, the team is more important than any individual and as a support we need to accept it is what it is and get on with it. Winning games is all that matters.

I really hope this sinks in with some but I just know it won’t.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

He isn’t a Rangers player……but he will be once he registered as a Rangers player with the SFA which won’t be until the summer unless we sell.

John Souttar is most definitely a Hearts player who will do his best to get us 3rd until he leaves the club.

After that I don’t really care what happens to him but whilst he’s playing for us we need him to be 100% focused.

a hearts player who would rather be anywhere else. Subconsciously will he go in for the 50:50 which may cost him his big move.. 

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but the poison will spread and will be hugely detrimental.

im sad about it but the sooner he gets to **** the better. 

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

he can’t play. 

He will. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

a hearts player who would rather be anywhere else. Subconsciously will he go in for the 50:50 which may cost him his big move.. 

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but the poison will spread and will be hugely detrimental.

im sad about it but the sooner he gets to **** the better. 

He went straight in for a 50:50 last night no problem. 

InternationalJambo
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This in absolute spades. 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Moore is quite clearly not of the same quality of Souttar, removing all the emotion of the situation, its a no brainer to play our best team for each game.  If the window closes and Souttar is still here then it would be stupid to not play him.

From a financial point of view for us to maximise any sale value in this window, we have to keep playing him (barring the cup).

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

He did. Not convinced it will continue..

and what happens when we play rangers

The Wrinkly Ninja
18 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

So the booing didn’t have any impact on performance then?

Not sure why it is being over dramatised again and again and again on here then.

Maybe the rest of the crowd who aren’t booing should vocally get behind the rest of the team and not just JS.

I didn’t boo but if that pain in the arse clapping continues and the half and half scarfers continue to single out JS for special praise every single time he touches the ball I might need to start booing just to drown them out.

Howdy Doody Jambo
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He must know and any other player that goes in for a challenge half hearted will end up with an injury, do we trust him against Rangers? 

I know what Vlad wouldn't 

7 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Not sure why it is being over dramatised again and again and again on here then.

Maybe the rest of the crowd who aren’t booing should vocally get behind the rest of the team and not just JS.

I didn’t boo but if that pain in the arse clapping continues and the half and half scarfers continue to single out JS for special praise every single time he touches the ball I might need to start booing just to drown them out.

Also agree. Certainly wouldn't be clapping him. That's just ****ing weird tbh. Better just doing neither and seeing him as another Maroon jersey.

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If in doubt don't play him. 2 games maybe 3.

If we play him in the cup Rangers are not coming in with an acceptable offer - if we don’t play him they are.

10 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Too busy booing the ref. Dodgy decisions. He is awful 😖 

The Wrinkly Ninja

There is absolutely no way he should not play against Rangers if he stays and he plays in every other game.

There is no argument that he is committed and vital to us getting third spot that is not invalidated by him sitting out against them.

He plays in all games or none.

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If we play him in the cup Rangers are not coming in with an acceptable offer - if we don’t play him they are.

Correct. Whatever value he has for them reduces if He is cup tied. 

3 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

There is absolutely no way he should not play against Rangers if he stays and he plays in every other game.

There is no argument that he is committed and vital to us getting third spot that is not invalidated by him sitting out against them.

He plays in all games or none.

As long as he is a Hearts player he’ll only play in the games the club picks him for. 

Can't wait to hear the Rangers fans singing his name, while he plays for us and our fans applauding him at the same time. 

Will be surreal.

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

No, that's the difference between a business that can afford to do it and a business who can't.

Nope. It is called medical insurance mate. The co. I worked for (now retired) is a monumental worldwide company with branches and divisions in pretty much every country.  The company paid first 3 months then insurance kicked in for the rest. I was just a wage slave too. Not a high ranking employee. 

39 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Should play him on Saturday

Then if the huns buy him and we both get to the cup final he cant play 

Probably not going to play for them anyway. Bench warmer until Goldson goes. Defo not first choice. 
Does not need to play Saturday. On the bench will still cup tie him. 
I used to think a player had to actually get on the pitch to be cup tied but no. Bench does it. Seems strange though. 

Edited by Canscot

2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Nope. It is called medical insurance mate. The co. I worked for (now retired) is a monumental worldwide company with branches and divisions in pretty much every country.  The company paid first 3 months then insurance kicked in for the rest. I was just a wage slave too. Not a high ranking employee. 

Okay. But you said it was the difference between a good company and a bad one. That's not true. Plenty good businesses out there that aren't monumental 🤔, with branches all over the world. Could possibly even be better with their staff than yours was, but just couldn't afford to pay the medical insurance, or pay for an absentee employee for two years.

You think a business who can't afford either of the above is a bad business? Maybe you should join the real world. It consists of a huge variety, not all measured by size and wealth.

hearts 4 the cup
5 hours ago, Rannoch said:

I would say the vast majority of Hearts fans are pissed off with Souttar. And the vast majority of them didn’t boo because it’s not their style. What I couldn’t get is how some supporters clapped him so enthusiastically, such as the wee pocket of fans along from where I was sitting. For the life of me I cannot understand why. For whatever reason and however you dress it up, such as Levein’s pathetic spin, Souttar and his agent have plotted to shaft Hearts. That is incontestable. I might to necessarily like the booing but to applaud him is beyond the pale. As soon as he is out the door the better for everyone him included.

Couldn’t have put it better, spot on 

Aye ok. I worked over 50 yrs for mostly small companies that as you say could not afford to pay (employees also pay a good portion of it too by the way) for extra health and medical insurance but when I got the opportunity to take a job with one who could and would, I took it. Just like Souttar did I was looking after my family and myself. 

I'm not convinced that anyone who was clapping when Souttar touched the ball was clapping him - more trying to drown out the boos to get behind the team. I'm disappointed that he's joined one of the three teams that we wouldn't have wanted, but he's not bigger than the club.

He's acted in self-interest, which is his right, but at the same time he'll have to accept that there will be an element in the support that will now want him gone. I won't boo him while he plays for Hearts, I imagine I will when he's playing for Rangers though. 

Posts saying that we don't need to worry if Rangers are signing players like him are off the mark IMO, he's a cracking player, if he stays injury free should certainly be in the Scotland setup. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not doubting you but do you know where the cheering came from? I didn’t hear it. 

You didn't hear it? 

Pretty loud and obvious Tbh. 

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Couldn’t make it last night as away on holiday. The booing seems to have been pretty minimal and I hope those doing it it got it out their system and that’s it done. We can’t have that going on for the rest of the season no matter how justified and reasonable a response it was.

Interesting to see if we cup tie him at the weekend. I imagine we won’t give it a second thought if he is still here. I still expect him to go before the window closes, especially after Rangers performance last night

No chance will it stop. I expect it will be even more obvious on Saturday and at other away games.

The boy has made a rod for his own back and will just have to suck it up.

How is this even being discussed.

John Souttar plays for Hearts.

I want us to do well.

I'm supposing just out of pride the team would like to play well and win.

I suspect a lot of the anger on here is armchair stuff.

Although there was some fuds boo ings 99% of those with an ounce of savvy cringed.

And it's not surprising to see the authors of some absolute shite patter posts.

Jo Hun Souttar is a total beamer for anyone who supports Hearts to spout.Hes 20 something year old .

Chill the fek out with the abuse .

Bazzas right boot

We play at Ibrox on a few weeks, how's that going to work? 

Hearts fans booing Souttar, rangers fans cheering him. 

He'll want rangers to win the league, but also us to be third. 

The whole thing is a pile of steaming shite. 

What if we get them in the cup? 

He needs to go. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Must slightly piss Souttar off that a situation which must be less than ideal for him won’t be resolved by his new club who have just sold a player for £10m plus and won’t pony up what for them is loose change to get him in their squad now.

It would with me.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug