Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We play at Ibrox on a few weeks, how's that going to work? 

Hearts fans booing Souttar, rangers fans cheering him. 

He'll want rangers to win the league, but also us to be third. 

The whole thing is a pile of steaming shite. 

What if we get them in the cup? 

He needs to go. 

Yep but there is one team that can sort this out and one team alone.

Rangers.

Cheapskate *******s

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Ked said:

How is this even being discussed.

John Souttar plays for Hearts.

I want us to do well.

I'm supposing just out of pride the team would like to play well and win.

I suspect a lot of the anger on here is armchair stuff.

Although there was some fuds boo ings 99% of those with an ounce of savvy cringed.

And it's not surprising to see the authors of some absolute shite patter posts.

Jo Hun Souttar is a total beamer for anyone who supports Hearts to spout.Hes 20 something year old .

Chill the fek out with the abuse .

If he was 30 years old would it be OK to slag him? 

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We play at Ibrox on a few weeks, how's that going to work? 

Hearts fans booing Souttar, rangers fans cheering him. 

He'll want rangers to win the league, but also us to be third. 

The whole thing is a pile of steaming shite. 

What if we get them in the cup? 

He needs to go. 

Only muppets booed last night.

Same muppets might boo again.

Only thing that's constant is muppets.

You can be assured they will always be and be heard .

Less than 1%  booed last night.

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If he was 30 years old would it be OK to slag him? 

Slag him all ye want.

I just think folk should remember his age and not have him as some orange hun bigot effigy that we should burn(metaphorically )🤣

I'm getting a bit SRB on this 🤣

Just support him when he plays for us ffs.

RIP intae when he doesn't

Edited by Ked
Spelling

Said it on a FB post by but will copy here:

To me he's contracted to do a job for another 6 months. There is value in that 6 months and more with a year and more with 2 years. Hence teams have to pay to get someone on your books early.

I don't think it needs to be so black and white. It should be clear to Nelson - and his team mates whether he's playing well/trying. If he his then he's still an asset on our books and should play and make the most of his remaining time with us. If he's not then drop him

Now it's been a few days since I said that and currently watching the highlights as wee speak..

Maybe a Segway Q but; do you think that if souttar stays until the summer, but clearly shows he gives his absolute all in the remaining 6 months (despite the risk to injury, future employers success etc etc)... Is it possible for him to actually win fans over that he's leaving for his own reasons which is his right and he's shown his respect for us by giving is all until the last minute?

Jambo_jim2001

This thread is getting like the Corona virus one,,souttar is leaving,,chip paper news,we move on sign better, 🙄no-one is bigger than HMFC

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Slag him all ye want.

I just think folk should remember his age and not have him as some orange hun bigot effigy that we should burn(metaphorically )🤣

More than 1% Tbh. 

I won't rely slag him, but completely understand fol that do. 

He is a hun ******* now. 

Also, Conflict of Interests when we play rangers is a bit of a shitter. 

More than 1% Tbh. 

I won't rely slag him, but completely understand fol that do. 

He is a hun ******* now. 

Also, Conflict of Interests when we play rangers is a bit of a shitter. 

Conflict of interests.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No chance by the way was more than 1% mo chance .

I'd say less.

I only caught sight of a couple as couldnt bare to look around.

I just turned round to the boys and we chortled.

I think you and others are buying into all their shit .

The hun patter is woeful.

14 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Isn’t that a decision for us fans to make - whether to support the whole team or not?  I don’t want to see Neilson drop him from the squad - that would just show that he is giving in to the boo boys and a weak manager.  He did the right thing not subbing him last night. 

13 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Gave him credit for good passes and tackles though. 

It’s not just about the boo boys wanting him dropped there is thousands more just as happy to never see him again in a Hearts strip. As far as many are concerned he’s a Rangers player now so he picked them so he’s made his bed.

14 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Nonsense, Souttar is a rolls royce of a player and his commitment last night wasn't in question. Play him every week while he's a Hearts player and being paid by the club. That's what Robbie will do. For what it's worth the continuous booing was start to get on my jubbly's last night and was ridiculous. Thankfully the majority gave him their backing. 

You think that it was just fans doing the booing that were against Souttar, well your wrong there because everyone I spoke to at half time and after in my club want him gone asap and never want him playing in a Hearts jersey again.

Guest ToqueJambo

Checks thread. Still embarrassing.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/john-souttar-hailed-world-class-as-rangers-bound-defender-rises-above-hearts-noise-3534370

If the players are convinced Souttar will give his all and help us to Europe and even a cup this year that should be enough to at least shut the boo boys up even if no-one has to be happy about it. Souttar's effectively had 3 injuries that would be career ending for many players. I imagine he wants to play as well as he can every second he's on a football pitch from now on for whoever is paying him, which right now is us.

Theirs not one person on kb that wouldn't leave their job to get over 5 times their current salary no way  he deserves to be treat the way he was on tuesday just for putting his family first

2 hours ago, Ked said:

Slag him all ye want.

Less than than 1%. You've chucked it mate 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You didn't hear it? 

Pretty loud and obvious Tbh. 

Not that I can remember. Like I said I wasn’t doubting the poster. Can’t even remember him having a shot tbh. 

4 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

Theirs not one person on kb that wouldn't leave their job to get over 5 times their current salary no way  he deserves to be treat the way he was on tuesday just for putting his family first

There are many factors when considering a career move , money is only one them . He put himself first , his family then benefit from that decision . He could have signed a one year deal , and then could have been sold in the summer for a big money move to Rangers if he felt that was his best option. He has made a conscious decision to run down his contract, deprive Hearts of a decent fee ,so he can pocket the a larger signing on fee .

Listening to CL on the sportsound podcast was laughable, he is now the media outlet for JS , what would have been refreshing would have been for the player to actually have said the reasons for himself.

Irrespective of my view, the fans paying ticket money have the right to boo or equally if they feel inclined they can clap the player . 

*** This post is only a view point 

7 hours ago, Ked said:

Conflict of interests.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'd say less.

You might want to get the hearing checked pal. 

Butterbean1874
8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You didn't hear it? 

Pretty loud and obvious Tbh. 

Haha didn’t hear it right then, I Booed but I’ve made my point but he’s got to go ASAP & we move on 🇱🇻🇱🇻

6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You think that it was just fans doing the booing that were against Souttar, well your wrong there because everyone I spoke to at half time and after in my club want him gone asap and never want him playing in a Hearts jersey again.

I do. 

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

thats correct.  I’d do it as well..  I don’t blame Souttar for making this choice but their are consequences. We have the most loyal fans in the country and they demand the same in return..  

it’s still an untenable situation! I’d be more worried if our fans weren’t pissed that a player joins a direct rival

if rangers dont pay then we need to grow a pair and sit souttar on the bench..

this has potential to wreck our season. The fans won’t change and they are entitled to voice annoyance 

6 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

Exactly. 

The sooner we accept players like Jon are selfish money grabbing fat cats the better it is for everyone. 

I don't blame him for signing the big money deal elsewhere. What I do find poor on his part is that he couldve shown some loyalty to hearts for paying his wages whilst injured for a huge chunk of his contract.  I get that, as a club, we are obligated to do that but when a player is injured as much as he has been, sone kind of acknowledgement from the player would've been nice. By all means, join rangers if that's best for you but he couldve signed a new deal with us with a token release clause of say even 500k. Still a decent wedge for us and plenty clubs would pay that for him if he stays at the current level he's performing at. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not that I can remember. Like I said I wasn’t doubting the poster. Can’t even remember him having a shot tbh. 

Mmm... If you weren't pissed I'd be concerned 😂😂

The booing was very loud at times and when he hit the shot it was obvious ( a bit cringy imo as well). 

My take on JS saga is whilst JS might not (technically) owe us anything for supporting him throughout a injury ridden career (he was under contract therefore HMFC are obligated to foot the bill, provide rehab etc) I would have thought that anyone who believes in their abilities (Robbie alluded to JS's strength of character coming back from 3 ruptured achilles) would surely also believe that if they continue to play well and impress other (some might say 'bigger' teams) then why would you not sign a contract extension?  This would have guaranteed Hearts got a commensurate return on our investment when another club pays a sizeable transfer fee for him.  JS then sees the fruits of his labour / talent by becoming a player who commanded a large transfer fee, therefore bigger signing on fee and potentially higher wage.  Instead JS has settled for being the 'cheapo' option for the Govan bigot twin, happy to take the tainted weej coin whilst GVB et al get a player who arrives with almost zero financial risk (as no significant fee was paid for him) therefore he could be seen as easily expendable compared to a player who they had paid something close to his full transfer market value - The fact Everton 'paid' a reported £12mill for Patterson would surely equate to JS being worth (in his own head as well as every Hearts fan, a similar amount, no?
Instead Hearts are once again shafted - some might argue it's as much our fault for not tying him down, but we did when he was out injured before so the ONLY right thing JS had at his disposal was to sign an new contract with us and get a move sooner than later - assuming he didn't get crocked again - thus repaying Hearts and his own hard work.  Rather, he took the easy, rat option and will now scurry along the M8 in June/July.
Sadly though, I fear my idea was never something JS considered nor is it one most footballers would even be capable of imagining.

Mmm... If you weren't pissed I'd be concerned 😂😂

The booing was very loud at times and when he hit the shot it was obvious ( a bit cringy imo as well). 

I had had one pint 😀. My nephew came in late at about 8pm, if it was then, i was distracted. I heard the booing all game obviously but must have been doing something, checking scores or similar because i can't remember him having a shot either.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Ked said:

Conflict of interests.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'd say less.

Way more than 1%.

What shit? 

I never booed him during the game. 

The hun patter is 100% justified. 

Your stance would be different if it was celtic - 100%, which imo raises far more questions about your defence of his move to Rangers. 

There is 100% Conflict of interests of we  put rangers out the cup or they lose the league by a small margin then he may well get off to a bad start with Rangers fans. 

Imagine he score a last minute winner v them like he did v Celtic? 

He needs to go. He's now a hun *****. 

15 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

My take on JS saga is whilst JS might not (technically) owe us anything for supporting him throughout a injury ridden career (he was under contract therefore HMFC are obligated to foot the bill, provide rehab etc) I would have thought that anyone who believes in their abilities (Robbie alluded to JS's strength of character coming back from 3 ruptured achilles) would surely also believe that if they continue to play well and impress other (some might say 'bigger' teams) then why would you not sign a contract extension?  This would have guaranteed Hearts got a commensurate return on our investment when another club pays a sizeable transfer fee for him.  JS then sees the fruits of his labour / talent by becoming a player who commanded a large transfer fee, therefore bigger signing on fee and potentially higher wage.  Instead JS has settled for being the 'cheapo' option for the Govan bigot twin, happy to take the tainted weej coin whilst GVB et al get a player who arrives with almost zero financial risk (as no significant fee was paid for him) therefore he could be seen as easily expendable compared to a player who they had paid something close to his full transfer market value - The fact Everton 'paid' a reported £12mill for Patterson would surely equate to JS being worth (in his own head as well as every Hearts fan, a similar amount, no?
Instead Hearts are once again shafted - some might argue it's as much our fault for not tying him down, but we did when he was out injured before so the ONLY right thing JS had at his disposal was to sign an new contract with us and get a move sooner than later - assuming he didn't get crocked again - thus repaying Hearts and his own hard work.  Rather, he took the easy, rat option and will now scurry along the M8 in June/July.
Sadly though, I fear my idea was never something JS considered nor is it one most footballers would even be capable of imagining.

Maybe if we had reinstated his salary to what it was before his injury he would have been more open to signing an extension. We didn’t and he didn’t. As always fault on both sides but hindsight is a great attribute so it is what it is for me. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe if we had reinstated his salary to what it was before his injury he would have been more open to signing an extension. We didn’t and he didn’t. As always fault on both sides but hindsight is a great attribute so it is what it is for me. 

Are you trying to suggest we gave him a paycut after his injury? So since March 21 when he got back to fitness he’s been on a reduced wage! And that wage reduction was linked to his injury.?

7 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

Correct.

I don't know about anyone else's workplace, but if I was off but was still swanning about my work, I'd get it stinking ! I'd still do my work to the best of my ability and accept the abuse !

Edited by Boab

9 hours ago, Ked said:

I suspect a lot of the anger on here is armchair stuff.

Although there was some fuds boo ings 99% of those with an ounce of savvy cringed.

And it's not surprising to see the authors of some absolute shite patter posts.

Jo Hun Souttar is a total beamer for anyone who supports Hearts to spout.Hes 20 something year old .

Chill the fek out with the abuse .

Konnichi Wa Ked. 

so we HAVE signed a Japanese player after all! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Jim Panzee

If the Huns won't stump up a bean now then he should be training with the youths in the afternoon and no where near the first team. It's a distraction we don't need.

I don't blame him when you hear the figures he's going to get paid being quoted but I have no idea why he allowed it to be made public before the end of the season.

We're not just fans, we own the club and as such he's shafted us out of a fee.

Time to move on

Edited by scottg71

ToadKiller Dog

To much fuss being made over the Boos'

It was nowhere as loud or as widespread as it could have been .

Point was made pretty much after his first touch ,after that the booing was just for the sake of it .

And the usual social media abuse is your standard shit that our modern culture produces ,so many think they have the right to spout what ever pish is in their empty head .

I dont like his choice ,I don't think he has went about it in the best way and I certainly don't want him to do well at that horrible institution he is joining ,but if he is played as long as he's giving effort I will back him on the pitch ,much prefer he is moved on soon at the right price .

But I accept the anger among many .

He will live with his choice and end up with the career he deserves .

Just as many who move west fail as succeed which will he become ?

One thing for sure when he does retire we will have been the best club he will have played for ..

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wait ... what? He was given a pay cut because of his injury?

Absolute Scenes
15 hours ago, Rannoch said:

I would say the vast majority of Hearts fans are pissed off with Souttar. And the vast majority of them didn’t boo because it’s not their style. What I couldn’t get is how some supporters clapped him so enthusiastically, such as the wee pocket of fans along from where I was sitting. For the life of me I cannot understand why. For whatever reason and however you dress it up, such as Levein’s pathetic spin, Souttar and his agent have plotted to shaft Hearts. That is incontestable. I might to necessarily like the booing but to applaud him is beyond the pale. As soon as he is out the door the better for everyone him included.

I think the booing is warranted given the situation. But the clapping, in my opinion, was to drown out the neanderthals booing just to boo (and then sing their own version of rangers songs????). He was wearing maroon, so makes sense to encourage the team and individuals when they do something well. 

The clapping was to drown out the boos imo.

Hearts supporters aren’t supporting Souttar or his decision……they just want to the team to win so we can get on with the next chapter of the clubs journey and be in a position to sign better players.

If anything the rest of the team don’t deserve to be subjected to such negativity by these fans…..it’s creating a bad feeling and not exactly a welcoming one for new players either.

Booing is such a shortsighted view.

45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I had had one pint 😀. My nephew came in late at about 8pm, if it was then, i was distracted. I heard the booing all game obviously but must have been doing something, checking scores or similar because i can't remember him having a shot either.

Probably was around 8. It wasn’t a very good shot, to be fair.  

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Probably was around 8. It wasn’t a very good shot, to be fair.  

Yea, about then, Dave.

Trundled well wide to a small sarcastic cheer. Full panto mode by that point.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Hearts supporters aren’t supporting Souttar or his decision……they just want to the team to win so we can get on with the next chapter of the clubs journey and be in a position to sign better players.

If anything the rest of the team don’t deserve to be subjected to such negativity by these fans…..it’s creating a bad feeling and not exactly a welcoming one for new players either.

Admittedly I’m watching the games on Hearts TV so what I can hear from the stands is not the full picture but the clapping after each boo was more cringeworthy than the boos themselves. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yea, about then, Dave.

Trundled well wide to a small sarcastic cheer. Full panto mode by that point.

Oh no it wasn't. 

9 hours ago, Canscot said:

Aye ok. I worked over 50 yrs for mostly small companies that as you say could not afford to pay (employees also pay a good portion of it too by the way) for extra health and medical insurance but when I got the opportunity to take a job with one who could and would, I took it. Just like Souttar did I was looking after my family and myself. 

You're comparing apples with bike tyres!

This is football, it's passionate and for the most part, very tribal.

rangers are a stain on everything that's good about Scottish football, they are one of the architects of the state it's in now and why we cant (as a footballing nation) progress in the way most other countries have.

They are also a competitor.

Bit of a difference.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I agree. 

Although if St Johnstone had scored first it might have went worse. 

55 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Are you trying to suggest we gave him a paycut after his injury? So since March 21 when he got back to fitness he’s been on a reduced wage! And that wage reduction was linked to his injury.?

What I have been told is that during his last injury when it was unclear if he would make it back his contract was up. We offered him an extension to this summer but on less money than his previous contract which, given the circumstances, he accepted. At the end of last season, after his return, his agent asked for previous wages to be reinstated. We refused but offered him a new deal on much higher wages to 2023. Offer was declined.  We have known since last summer he was not staying.  
No idea if completely true but from a pretty decent source 

51 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Admittedly I’m watching the games on Hearts TV so what I can hear from the stands is not the full picture but the clapping after each boo was more cringeworthy than the boos themselves. 

Ah…..so the clappers shouldn’t clap because of it’s high cringe level?

Is that really what is important?

Any sort if division only benefits the opposition.

23 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

...I agree, which is why he should be nowhere near the first team. JS is going to continue to get it tight, which WILL affect the rest of the team. However, don't blame the fans, JS and Rangers have caused this... fans will be fans whether we like it or not. We're loyal, emotional and don't take kindly to being shafted when there were other routes/options open to him (even if Rangers was his preferred destination). He's made his bed.

SectionDJambo
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What I have been told is that during his last injury when it was unclear if he would make it back his contract was up. We offered him an extension to this summer but on less money than his previous contract which, given the circumstances, he accepted. At the end of last season, after his return, his agent asked for previous wages to be reinstated. We refused but offered him a new deal on much higher wages to 2023. Offer was declined.  We have known since last summer he was not staying.  
No idea if completely true but from a pretty decent source 

So Hearts offered him an extension to his contract, albeit on reduced wages, whilst it was far from certain that he would ever play again? He accepted that extension, rather than take his chances at being able to secure the type of deal that Rangers offered him after he got fit again. 

We don't know the numbers, and it's between him and Hearts, but if the reduction in wages in the extension whilst he was injured was fairly small, then Hearts would still have done very well for him. 

At the end of last season, the crazy contracts that Levein had been handing out had long since stopped. A short extension to 2023 would have given Hearts some opportunity to get some return on him after the support given to him. It would surely have been possible to have a release clause in that short extension.

10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Didn’t seem to benefit St Johnstone much. Barrie McKay ran the show and we should’ve won by 4 or 5. 

Little by little the boos will stop but clapping a snake who signs a pre contract with The Rangers? Weird in my books.*

* regardless if the aim is to drown out booing I should add 

Edited by King prawn

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...I agree, which is why he should be nowhere near the first team. JS is going to continue to get it tight, which WILL affect the rest of the team. However, don't blame the fans, JS and Rangers have caused this... fans will be fans whether we like it or not. We're loyal, emotional and don't take kindly to being shafted when there were other routes/options open to him (even if Rangers was his preferred destination). He's made his bed.

Understand fully your points made mate, but to bench him, and pay his wages for 6 months suits the Huns better than it suits us. That weakens us if we don’t replace him this window and It feels to a degree that we are being double shafted and why the f… should we, and not use him to make sure we get this European spot.

That would at least give us a few million when he is walking away, and as it stands, we are getting nothing. It’s an absolute joke 

I was initially really angry with Souttar and the way this whole affair played out, but I have got to be honest and say since it was announced that venom is now being exclusively reserved for that shower along the m8. Despicable institution. 

This rule (Pre contract) for clubs doesn’t exist in the Leagues down South. Only the Tin Pot Glasgow Weegie SFA have it in place to ensure their favourite 2 continue to dominate the gold fish ball that is Scottish fitba 😒

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I think playing St Johnstone helped in the respect that they are not very good. The first half was rusty and the dissent was a distraction, albeit not a big one.

The mhanks turn up next week. I don't think anyone wants any dissent during this one. 

Would be good if everyone united and got right on top of the green menace.

Actually, could be JS's last game possibly. We beat sellik, I'll drive him to Ibrox !