Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

My thinking is, if Souttar plays tomorrow he’s not leaving until the summer. And if he is left out he’s away this month. If he helps us get 3rd place then so he be it.

Would make sense. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

25 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

My thinking is, if Souttar plays tomorrow he’s not leaving until the summer. And if he is left out he’s away this month. If he helps us get 3rd place then so he be it.

Very good point actually.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Souttar signing a pre contract did not have to be publicly announced. He could have waited till the end of the season.

He has created a distraction and deserves any stick he gets.

He should have shown more respect to the club.

I'm not sure that signing a pre-contract with Rangers, then keeping it secret and everyone else guessing, is remotely respectful. I'd call that deceitful.

Souttar has not created a distraction. The rules that allow pre-contracts within the same league have created the distraction. The rules should be changed, but like much else in Scottish football they won't be.

Rangers are my least-favourite football team in the entire universe, but I will not be booing anyone wearing maroon. And I'll not be challenging a successful manager's selections either.

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Probably right.

btw - if he absolutely has to play I’d be playing him on every shitty surface known to man.  **** protecting him any more..

11 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I'm not sure that signing a pre-contract with Rangers, then keeping it secret and everyone else guessing, is remotely respectful. I'd call that deceitful.

Souttar has not created a distraction. The rules that allow pre-contracts within the same league have created the distraction. The rules should be changed, but like much else in Scottish football they won't be.

Rangers are my least-favourite football team in the entire universe, but I will not be booing anyone wearing maroon. And I'll not be challenging a successful manager's selections either.

All he needed to say is that he will make a final decision at the end of the season. Even with a pre contract both parties can back out, so it would be factually correct.

Not caused a distraction…. All the booing at the game suggests otherwise.

Souttar leaving, without even recognising what the club has done to support his comeback from injury leaves a bad taste in the mouth. He deserves all the stick he is getting and will get.

4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

All he needed to say is that he will make a final decision at the end of the season. Even with a pre contract both parties can back out, so it would be factually correct.

Souttar leaving, without even recognising what the club has done to support his comeback from injury leaves a bad taste in the mouth. He deserves all the stick he is getting and will get.

Yeah I agree, but he's most likely to be terrified of injury again and getting everything signed, sealed and delivered before he gave Hearts a second thought.

4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It was Rangers that announced it, JS probably had little say.

JS has only disappointed me in signing before the Jan was out. He should have left it for clubs to thrash ou a deal first.

Signing early gives Hearts **** all chance of a decent deal.

7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Correct... I've said before on here, I think he's been given some bad advice. Could have done things differently even if sevco are his preferred option.

21 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Can you explain exactly what you think is wrong with the way he is leaving please? 

JS had all the power in this situation.  He could have made it clear through his agent that signing any contract would be subject to the move being made in January, even if this meant taking a slightly reduced wage.  He’s taken maximum profit with no regard to the club who have helped him to develop to the point where he is in the position he’s currently in.  It smacks of greed and lack of appreciation to me.  

I’ve no problem with him doing what’s right by his family and increasing his wages and giving himself a shot at champions league football.  Some sort of consideration to his employers, team mates and supporters would have been reasonable to expect though.  

Maybe you are like JS and wouldn’t consider this either, fair play if that’s your outlook on life.

I know if I walked into my place of work on Monday and announced I’m going to a rival competitor in six months, I’d probably be spending the next few months in my garden.

51 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It was Rangers that announced it, JS probably had little say.

JS has only disappointed me in signing before the Jan was out. He should have left it for clubs to thrash ou a deal first.

Signing early gives Hearts **** all chance of a decent deal.

He could have prevented Sevco from announcing it.  

54 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Yeah I agree, but he's most likely to be terrified of injury again and getting everything signed, sealed and delivered before he gave Hearts a second thought.

I have no problem with him moving on... it's the way he has done it that is the problem.

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Agree

12 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

JS had all the power in this situation.  He could have made it clear through his agent that signing any contract would be subject to the move being made in January, even if this meant taking a slightly reduced wage.  He’s taken maximum profit with no regard to the club who have helped him to develop to the point where he is in the position he’s currently in.  It smacks of greed and lack of appreciation to me.  

I’ve no problem with him doing what’s right by his family and increasing his wages and giving himself a shot at champions league football.  Some sort of consideration to his employers, team mates and supporters would have been reasonable to expect though.  

Maybe you are like JS and wouldn’t consider this either, fair play if that’s your outlook on life.

I know if I walked into my place of work on Monday and announced I’m going to a rival competitor in six months, I’d probably be spending the next few months in my garden.

Remember when we gave Doyle an extension on his contract . Partly because we needed backup but also he had a serious family health problem .

I thought the club had done the decent thing .

Shot down in flames by many on here 

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

He has to play tomorrow or at least be cup tied. We’re not in the business of keeping players available for them in future rounds of cup tournaments on the off chance they purchase him prior to the closing of the window. If we don’t cup tie him because they’ve told us they’ll buy him after the Celtic game but before the window closing then we’re their bitches for ever moving forward.

A_A wehatethehibs

Him being cup tied won’t affect Rangers need for him if they sell Goldson. 

The league title and champions league spot is vastly more important to both Rangers and Celtic than either of the cups.

Basically it’s the easiest transfer situation to read this year: Rangers sell Goldson they will cough up whatever Hearts price is. Rangers keep Goldson, Hearts keep Souttar. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

It’s not deceitful if you tell your club quietly and privately, and officially you announce that he will be moving on, and he is considering a number of options.

Of course, Souttar might not be solely to blame. Sevco were slavering at the prospect of putting us in our place.

39 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I have no problem with him moving on... it's the way he has done it that is the problem.

This. There are plenty ways he could’ve left, even to the huns, without booting the fans in the balls. Inevitably, people will react differently so it was always going to divide the support. 

Bazzas right boot

Just watched a few highlights and we might miss Souttar more than I thought. 

He's instrumental in breaking up play then playing a pass. 

I watched 4/5 highlights of games  with a view of observing Souttars contribution. 

I'm gonna revise my opinion, although short term it won't effect us too much, long term we've lost not only a good defender but a very good player to the huns. 

I'll also add We're gonna miss him more in a attacking sense than a defensive one as good defenders are quiet easy to come by but good defenders that are also proper footballers are far more difficult to pick up. 

Pay up you hun ****s. 

5 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

He's here til the end of the season unless Rangers stump up 500k.  That probably won't happen due to the state of their finances.  The boo boys just need to get over it.  

They have just bought someone for 6.5 million

9 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

They have just bought someone for 6.5 million

The only player I can see they have signed is sands and that I think is on loan

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I watched 4/5 highlights of games  with a view of observing Souttars contribution. 

I'm gonna revise my opinion, although short term it won't effect us too much, long term we've lost not only a good defender but a very good player to the huns. 

I'll also add We're gonna miss him more in a attacking sense than a defensive one as good defenders are quiet easy to come by but good defenders that are also proper footballers are far more difficult to pick up. 

Pay up you hun ****s. 

You hadn't noticed any of this previously ?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

You hadn't noticed any of this previously ?

I had. 

5 hours ago, McCrae said:

Souttar signing a pre contract did not have to be publicly announced. He could have waited till the end of the season.

He has created a distraction and deserves any stick he gets.

He should have shown more respect to the club.

Absolutely this. Boyle signed a new deal for hibs last year and is away for 3million a year later. Souttar couldve done likewise, even allowing a release clause of 500k and plenty wouldve paid it,  even those twats along the M8. Christ, they just got 10million for paterson, think paying us 500k to get souttar now isn't asking much, especially if Dundee utd just paid 100k to get Watt in now. 

41 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I had. 

Fair enough . Apologies for the question but , as you probably know , it is astonishing what some don't see when watching a player

jambo-in-furness

We should be telling the Currants that they meet our demands or we play him until he breaks.

Robbie is only interested in what is best for the team, he has a job to do and will not care a jot about the fans' emotions (anyone remember when St. Liedown wanted Bobby on an emergency loan and none of us wanted Robbie to let him go out??) so he will continue to play Souttar if he thinks the team needs him, regardless of any background noise re. Sevco. If Robbie believes he needs Souttar in the team tomorrow then he will play. If he is not in the squad I will put that down to Robbie resting him rather than any stuff about the PCA. In the event Sevco don't pony up the cash in January I fully expect Robbie to continue playing Souttar whenever he considers him required right up until third place is all but guaranteed and only then drop him for others who will still be here next season.

2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Rangers media happy to see him getting pelters. Increases chances of a cheaper fee.

I have no doubt that they’ll come in with a sweeties offer on the last day of the window. I hope we tell them to **** ***!

14 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Robbie is only interested in what is best for the team, he has a job to do and will not care a jot about the fans' emotions (anyone remember when St. Liedown wanted Bobby on an emergency loan and none of us wanted Robbie to let him go out??) so he will continue to play Souttar if he thinks the team needs him, regardless of any background noise re. Sevco. If Robbie believes he needs Souttar in the team tomorrow then he will play. If he is not in the squad I will put that down to Robbie resting him rather than any stuff about the PCA. In the event Sevco don't pony up the cash in January I fully expect Robbie to continue playing Souttar whenever he considers him required right up until third place is all but guaranteed and only then drop him for others who will still be here next season.

Robbie has done excellent dealing with everything, he has remained focused on the tasks at hand. A strength that many may not instantly think about, Robbie is earning his salary.

17 hours ago, Deevers said:

I have no doubt that they’ll come in with a sweeties offer on the last day of the window. I hope we tell them to **** ***!

That is exactly what they will do. That club always seem to screw us over yet some Hearts fans have a preference when it comes to the OF...It was Souttar's decision to sign a pre-contract so if his position is uncomfortable then so be it. I think he'll go for an undisclosed amount which will mean peanuts

Edited by Spellczech

hearts losing the advantage here, 500k or he plays today should be our final word on it, but we bend over and humbly withdraw him and will probably take the pitence offered

1 minute ago, reaths17 said:

hearts losing the advantage here, 500k or he plays today should be our final word on it, but we bend over and humbly withdraw him and will probably take the pitence offered

That's one way of reading it. Or we've withdraw n him as they are close to meeting our asking price

4 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

That’s exactly how it showed be played. 

2 minutes ago, bistokid said:

That's one way of reading it. Or we've withdraw n him as they are close to meeting our asking price

Got to hope so. At this point the % sell on clause seems more important than whether the fee is 300k, 400k or 500k. No idea if we are getting a sell on clause but it seems the only advantage is selling him now. We are a Halkett injury away from being in a bit of bother defensively otherwise.

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Got to hope so. At this point the % sell on clause seems more important than whether the fee is 300k, 400k or 500k. No idea if we are getting a sell on clause but it seems the only advantage is selling him now. We are a Halkett injury away from being in a bit of bother defensively otherwise.

I agree a couple of hundred thou is nothing in the grand scheme. What was selliks sell on % for Hickey? 33%? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

He's clearly away already. There must have been dialogue between us, him and Rangers and everyone has agreed that he's going - there's just the matter of a fee to agree. We'll end up with £400k and a sell-on I reckon. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We're obviously going to sell him this window. We must be negotiating with Rangers. 

Ongoing discussions,he will be offski shortly.

It is being reported they are willing to pay £2.5Million for a dutch boy with 6 months left.

But the seem to think that £300K is acceptable for JS. Why doesn't JS ask then why they feel he worth is so much more.

I am fed up with them trying to take the rest of scottish football for a ride

1 minute ago, CAR said:

It is being reported they are willing to pay £2.5Million for a dutch boy with 6 months left.

But the seem to think that £300K is acceptable for JS. Why doesn't JS ask then why they feel he worth is so much more.

I am fed up with them trying to take the rest of scottish football for a ride

Because Souttar has already signed the pre-contract agreement. 

19 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pay up you hun ****s. 

Souttar breaks up play well, can play a long pass and can stride forward. 

Where he's weak is in close physical contact. If it was me I wouldn't be signing him. 

jambo-in-furness

I am disappointed,  they are haggling,  we should stick to £500k and 20% sell on or we play him until he’s broken.  He is our player end of.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Where he's weak is in close physical contact. If it was me I wouldn't be signing him. 

Not the quickest either

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's also capable of passing the ball across the back line directly to an opposing attacker.