Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Just now, niblick1874 said:

I get that. Why?

If you are thinking "straight" you are being "rational."

If you are talking about the reason for thinking "straight" and laying it out as an agument, you are laying out your "rationale."

Pronounciation:

1 "rational" just it sounds

2 "rationale" sounds like "rationa-al;" emphasis on the last syllable. That was your context.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I get that. Why?

As that’s how you spell rationale, is what he’s saying. (Pronounced “rash-a-naal”, not “rash-u-nul” like rational is)

Edit: Already explained just before me

Edited by BackOfTheNet

31 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Complicated and unprecedented. 

Re Rangers wanting us to play JS against Celtic - If you want complicated/unprecedented re signings Rangers make from us - Look into the details with that scum signing Andy Webster and Andrius Velicka - 10 times more contrived. Unprecedented is a touch of naivety if thinking that kind of stuff doesnt go on.  

31 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

We are meant to act like a proper feeder club and give the OF our players for little outlay, doff our caps with sufficient deference and send them over to Glasgow with our best wishes...After all, Souttar is a Rangers man now.

Scottish teams have done it for many years. They'll even sign someone just to weaken the opposition. Who'd have thought 🤔 

1 minute ago, busbyfth said:

Re Rangers wanting us to play JS against Celtic - If you want complicated/unprecedented re signings Rangers make from us - Look into the details with that scum signing Andy Webster and Andrius Velicka - 10 times more contrived. Unprecedented is a touch of naivety if thinking that kind of stuff doesnt go on.  

If he gets injured, then what?

41 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

If you are talking about the reason for thinking "straight" and laying it out as an agument, you are laying out your "rationale."

Pronounciation:

2 "rationale" sounds like "rationa-al;" emphasis on the last syllable. That was your context.

I am dyslexic. I am not stupid. Far from it. I take time out to try and get the spelling right. Sometimes I miss a letter or two. Did you think I didn't know the difference between the two words? Your replies could be taken as condescending. Were they?   

Edit. I am going to take it as you being helpful. I am going to be in a good mood for the rest of the day🙂

Edited by niblick1874

27 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

He'll continue getting a wage for doing feck all - much like a great deal of his Hearts career.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I don’t think Dundee see us as a rival. But it would depend how it was done whether their fans would be unhappy or if our fans were unhappy with the circumstances. They would be annoyed to lose a player to a team in the same league, but if it’s not Dundee United, Rangers or Celtic I think they accept it in a way. Just like they’ll expect Partick fans to accept Rudden signing a pre-contract with them.

I assume FA is thinking of Jim Hamilton and in particular Neil McCann.

We made a fair whack from McCann's transfer to Rangers after he signed a new contract. 

We took both from Dundee as their contracts were winding down. 

1 hour ago, busbyfth said:

Whether we as a club do/dont want to play Soapy versus the unwashed might well not be relevant, as whats more to the point is that there is every chance that Rangers has said to our heid yins that they DIDNT want to risk JS against Talbot but that they DO want him to play against Celtic. They could well have offered £X already but inserted as a clause - to have JS play this week so to give a better chance of Celtic dropping points which will suit Rangers....then to take him off our hands on Friday. (Rangers are exceptionally devious as they have proven against us with our players over the years - so hardly a surprise !)

I think and hope this is utter nonsense. If it’s not nonsense then shame on our club for going along with it and allowing rangers to pick our team twice, possibly 3 times

5 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

We made a fair whack from McCann's transfer to Rangers after he signed a new contract. 

Oh I understand the point that was being made, and FA has clarified what you say too. But my point still stands, McCann or Hamilton to us for nothing is like Severin going from us to Aberdeen or nothing. It’s annoying for the team that gets nothing but there’s no uproar as that’s football and there’s no animosity as there’s no rivalry or history of either team picking the best players from the league to sit them on their benches.

I still get depressed when I recall Ralph Callachan getting sold to Newcastle then six months or so later moving to Hibs. And let’s not talk about Eamonn Bannon… 🧐

Dagger Is Back
Just now, davemclaren said:

I still get depressed when I recall Ralph Callachan getting sold to Newcastle then six months or so later moving to Hibs. And let’s not talk about Eamonn Bannon… 🧐

Oh no Parker sent me, I don't want to go to Chelsea

Remember both of those departures very well. I'm sure we were at Raith the day after Bannon went south - the fans were not happy. the more things change.... 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You've just triggered my youth.  It really was shite being a Hearts fan around then.

1 hour ago, busbyfth said:

Whether we as a club do/dont want to play Soapy versus the unwashed might well not be relevant, as whats more to the point is that there is every chance that Rangers has said to our heid yins that they DIDNT want to risk JS against Talbot but that they DO want him to play against Celtic. They could well have offered £X already but inserted as a clause - to have JS play this week so to give a better chance of Celtic dropping points which will suit Rangers....then to take him off our hands on Friday. (Rangers are exceptionally devious as they have proven against us with our players over the years - so hardly a surprise !)

I think John said goodbye in the Boo Clap game

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Pronounciation:

Rationa-al?

4 minutes ago, briever said:

You've just triggered my youth.  It really was shite being a Hearts fan around then.

Correct, not much to cheer about for sure.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

For example like when Scott Severin signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen. He was one of our better players at the time, but although some weren’t happy about it, it was Aberdeen and Severin made it pretty clear he’d be leaving. 

Severin was different though. He told Hearts he wasn’t signing as he was going to play down south in the top flight. Then when he got no offers he went back and asked for a contract. Sadly Hearts had already spent the budget for the following season. 

I think even he would admit he made a shop front of it

Edited by Chris#9

2 minutes ago, Chris#9 said:

Severin was different though. He told Hearts he wasn’t signing as he was going to play down south in the top flight. Then when he got no offers he went back and asked for a contract. Sadly Hearts had already spent the budget for the following season. 

I think even he would admit he made a shop front of it

Well every deal is different. Which is my point as to why people are booing Souttar and not feeling contradictory in other circumstances.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

For example like when Scott Severin signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen. He was one of our better players at the time, but although some weren’t happy about it, it was Aberdeen and Severin made it pretty clear he’d be leaving. 

I think it was because he said he wanted to move down south. 
I think Danny Grainger said the same when he moved here from Perth, technically south I suppose 😆

Why didn't hearts gamble and offer souttar a years extension to his contract before he returned at the start of the season as he was looking good to return and a the surgeons were happy with him and the scans must have been looking good as he's past the medical at servco no problem their can't be that much long term damage done.

imo the rewards would easily out way the risks at the end of the day he could have went on the coaching staff if he had broken down again hearts have taken a chance on players not in souttars class before.

7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Good player though. 

Ooft. I remember going to Ibrox and anytime he got the ball my hands went over my eyes. Hammer! Jeezo that boy could hit the Ball. Who was it he knocked unconscious from a free kick? 

Hes still a dick but could be right about benchwarmer. 😂

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Funny how a memory springs into your mind

I was only 15 and said I would meet up with Rangers schoolmates at ER for their game.

Was in the Gilzean shop getting a badge made up (maybe Busby eats soft centres), someone comes in shoutig RC had signed for hIbs.

The two guys in the shop were creaming themselves in delight, I immediately hated the pricks.

Had to then endure Hibs fans signing Oh Ralphy Callachan non-sop,  absolutely gutted.

i think the following week was the derby at Tyney where we had the massive riot that enforced segregation and fences.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I wasn't thinking of either. My point was simply that if we had hypothetically  screwed over Dundee in the same way we have been screwed over by Rangers we would be delighted. Dundee in particular  because of their role in demoting us after administration. Since we were the first club to challenge the attempt to push Rangers into the 2nd tier rather than the still generous 4th tier after liquidation maybe Rangers and their fans might not be too unhappy about screwing over us.

I think we are right to feel aggrieved but 100 pages and so mamy snotters seems a wee bit OTT to me. Sorry.

2 hours ago, busbyfth said:

That right there is pointing out that they have taken everything, including us, into the ******* twilight zone and yet some on here think that all will be ok as long as we are pragmatic about it. No it ******* won't be.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I think and hope this is utter nonsense. If it’s not nonsense then shame on our club for going along with it and allowing rangers to pick our team twice, possibly 3 times

Whether it is true or not, is not the point. The point is it could be true and that is game over

16 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Whether it is true or not, is not the point. The point is it could be true and that is game over

So it’s ‘game over’ even if it isn’t true? 🤔

24 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

That right there is pointing out that they have taken everything, including us, into the ******* twilight zone and yet some on here think that all will be ok as long as we are pragmatic about it. No it ******* won't be.

In your case I would focus more on the rational bit. 😄

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So it’s ‘game over’ even if it isn’t true? 🤔

Read it again. I said if it can be true it is game over. You are not good at twisting things. Stick to being a coward. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In your case I would focus more on the rational bit. 😄

What are you referring to with that?

4 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Read it again. I said if it can be true it is game over. You are not good at twisting things. Stick to being a coward. 

Ok. 🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

That's Rangers problem now. They should cough up the appropriate fee now so they can have full control over his training, treatment and fitness to protect their investment, rather than entrusting another club with that for the next few months.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Ok. 🤣

Oh look. A funny face. Why did I not think of that. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

It annoys me the press (west coast in particular) will openly come out and criticise us - but are just scared to say anything against the two big uglies !

It's what they do. Same thing as how they're now bumming up Celtic's new signings and going on about what bargains they are when, pound for pound, Beni, Devlin and McKay are probably the three best signings of the season in Scotland so far in terms of quality and impact. Cochrane too. The papers were talking up Clarke at County after he signed for Hibs but Cochrane has been a fantastic loan signing - possibly the best loan signing behind Jota.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Oh look. A funny face. Why did I not think of that. 

Because you’re not pragmatic enough. 😉

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Because you’re not pragmatic enough. 😉

You have figured me out. 

Francis Albert
41 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I wasn't thinking of either. My point was simply that if we had hypothetically  screwed over Dundee in the same way we have been screwed over by Rangers we would be delighted. Dundee in particular  because of their role in demoting us after administration. Since we were the first club to challenge the attempt to push Rangers into the 2nd tier rather than the still generous 4th tier after liquidation maybe Rangers and their fans might not be too unhappy about screwing over us.

I think we are right to feel aggrieved but 100 pages and so mamy snotters seems a wee bit OTT to me. Sorry.

Jangling Jack

Fed up hearing about/talking about/reading about/thinking about this prick. I'm at the stage now that I just want him out of our club, fee or not. He wasn't missed in the slightest yesterday.

He's a Hun killing time. Get him tae. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Jangling Jack said:

Fed up hearing about/talking about/reading about/thinking about this prick. I'm at the stage now that I just want him out of our club, fee or not. He wasn't missed in the slightest yesterday.

He's a Hun killing time. Get him tae. 

He wasn't missed against Auchinleck Talbot?. We won't play another Auchinleck Talbot this season. 

5 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

What is concerning is that that is what you took from my post and then posted it. 

I was merely quoting you 

Guest ToqueJambo

Rangers would be so pissed off if we drop him for Celtic and they win 🤣 (not that us losing would be funny) Celtic have injuries but although Smith did well I'd bring Soapy back for this one. The only reason not to would be to keep Smith and Atkinson on the right. No chance Souttar would let his standards drop for that one though, not with the potential to be a hero for us (again) and make life easier for himself for the next few months if he does stay and a hero for his new team in one go.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Rangers would be so pissed off if we drop him for Celtic and they win 🤣 (not that us losing would be funny) Celtic have injuries but although Smith did well I'd bring Soapy back for this one. The only reason not to would be to keep Smith and Atkinson on the right. No chance Souttar would let his standards drop for that one though, not with the potential to be a hero for us (again) and make life easier for himself for the next few months if he does stay and a hero for his new team in one go.

He could score a hat trick and still not be a hero I’m afraid, he’s sold his soul and will hopefully be gone sooner rather than later. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Henroddy said:

Like it or not if he is still at the club he WILL play against Celtic. Robbie will play our best players and he is one of them

Like he did yesterday?
His ankle/Achilles is made of chocolate, he might not even be fit by then. 

5 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Like it or not if he is still at the club he WILL play against Celtic. Robbie will play our best players and he is one of them

Like it or not if he plays he will deservingly get stick from fans.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He could score a hat trick and still not be a hero I’m afraid, he’s sold his soul and will hopefully be gone sooner rather than later. 

Sold his soul? Really?