Marion Kello stopped playing by Vlad...

bighalders

Getintaethem

JJ also said it was his decision to not pick Goncalves despite the fact we were toiling for defenders.

I think JJ is doing what he has to to stop the situation getting completely out of hand.

If it was a contractual dispute I'd be inclined to agree with you, but as it seems to be a differant problem my feeling is that JJ is using his man-management skills to help one of his players through a difficult time.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts

Er - it was. Just as it was his decision not to pick Paul Ritchie after the Rangers News interview the latter did.

So it was JJ who dropped Zaliukas too ?

Also.....

Unless I'm mistaken - Paul Ritchie did his interview in the Rangers News during the summer of 1999 and Rangers then made a bid of ?500,000 which CPR turned down.

He then played on until the December and after it was clear he wasn't going to sign a deal he was sent out to Bolton on loan.

He signed for Rangers that summer.

shaun.lawson

So it was JJ who dropped Zaliukas too ?

Also.....

Unless I'm mistaken - Paul Ritchie did his interview in the Rangers News during the summer of 1999 and Rangers then made a bid of ?500,000 which CPR turned down.

He then played on until the December and after it was clear he wasn't going to sign a deal he was sent out to Bolton on loan.

He signed for Rangers that summer.

You are mistaken, but only partially. Ritchie was available for selection throughout the period you mention, but only picked occasionally. Then, as you say, as soon as him not wanting to stay was confirmed, off he went.

You've forgotten something in all this. JJ is a subscriber to the idea that players not committed to the club shouldn't be picked. I don't agree with him, and I'm sure you don't either; but for that reason, I think he was completely signed up to not picking Zal unless he re-signed for us.

Drylaw Hearts

You are mistaken, but only partially. Ritchie was available for selection throughout the period you mention, but only picked occasionally. Then, as you say, as soon as him not wanting to stay was confirmed, off he went.

You've forgotten something in all this. JJ is a subscriber to the idea that players not committed to the club shouldn't be picked. I don't agree with him, and I'm sure you don't either; but for that reason, I think he was completely signed up to not picking Zal unless he re-signed for us.

From what I can see (London Hearts) Ritchie played 16 games from a possible 20 until he left for Bolton.

And I think you're absolutely kidding yourself if you think JJ wanted Zaliukas dropped.

tartofmidlothian

Just an observation, but - I'm not sure if he is, more that he's a subscriber to the idea players not committed to the club shouldn't be picked if his chairman demands it. Why go in to bat and put your neck on the line for a player who wants to leave anyway?

Walter Bishop

I was told tonight by a friend on facebook that it is to do with non payment of tax? Supposedly came to light when he was trying to get a mortgage?? Apparently its on a Celtic forum, so probably bollocks.

I was told tonight by a friend on facebook that it is to do with non payment of tax? Supposedly came to light when he was trying to get a mortgage?? Apparently its on a Celtic forum, so probably bollocks.

You think?

Drylaw Hearts

Wouldn't the club deduct his taxes from his salary like any other employee ?

Walter Bishop

Wouldn't the club deduct his taxes from his salary like any other employee ?

Like Rangers?

Ok, talked to the guy who had told me ages ago about kello and vlads bust-up, he claims kello wants 11k and hearts have offered 6k no more! Now I would not usually believe the nob cheese but he did tell me about kello months ago so there might be a bit of truth in it, he also said it came from Locke mouth.

Drylaw Hearts

Like Rangers?

If it was anything like the Rangers situation then surely it would Hearts that would be in trouble ?

Denny Crane

Drylaw desperately trying to cling on to some negativity. Any more messages to fire off to the Sun or the Express?

Drylaw Hearts

Drylaw desperately trying to cling on to some negativity. Any more messages to fire off to the Sun or the Express?

Good one.

Fortunately it's not true. :)

What's not true?

The homosexuality?

Adultery?

Match fixing?

Tax evasion?

Contract rebellion?

I think it is true that VR has stopped Kello playing.

If there is something going in personal life maybe Vlad had told not to play to let him get his head sorted. (Stopped playing him playing out of compassion not out of spite.)

PS. Anyone is welcome to PM me the Kello details.... whistling.gif Thanks.

Francis Albert

I think it is true that VR has stopped Kello playing.

Silly question I suppose (it's been tried before on this thread) but why do you think it's true?

Wishful thinkng aside.

I heard that he is lying about his nationality and that he is actually from bathgate

sauce? Reggae Reggae :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

Silly question I suppose (it's been tried before on this thread) but why do you think it's true?

Wishful thinkng aside.

Post #304.

2nd sentence.

portobellojambo1

Think he/she might be getting Marian Kello and Edgaras Jankauskas mixed up. The vast majority of Jankauskas' wage was paid by FC Kaunas and HMFC were only paying him a very, very small amount by all accounts. Easy mistake to make (by Celtic fans, names probably look very similar to them).

Francis Albert

Post #304.

2nd sentence.

So you were told by someone that he wasn't injured and the same person told you that Vlad had made the decision not to play him. And therefore the Sun story was "true, unfortunately". (The "unfortunately" is a nice touch).

Tommy Wiseau

I would have been a little concerned if Jefferies had dodged the question. However, he didn't and answered eloquently, candidly and (I thought) respectfully.

I trust Jim Jefferies.

Thankfully there are still plenty of us who don't insult JJ's intelligence by assuming he's got some form of Tourette's because he answered a question. :thumbsup:

Slight off topic.

Last Saturday I was in the ground that early I had nothing to do but watch the goalkeepers warm up for about 30 mins.

Balogh looked a better keeper in every dept - coming for crosses, kicking, shot stopping etc...

I think he should be given a run on Sat as imho he should be our back up keeper.

Correct. MacDonald seems to be a JJ blind spot, unfortunately, because he certainly doesn't cut it compared to the Balogh.

From what I can see (London Hearts) Ritchie played 16 games from a possible 20 until he left for Bolton.

And I think you're absolutely kidding yourself if you think JJ wanted Zaliukas dropped.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, DH. Did anyone want our best centre back dropped? No. Does that mean that JJ didn't accept, subscribe to or go along with the club policy on these matters? No.

Drylaw Hearts

So you were told by someone that he wasn't injured and the same person told you that Vlad had made the decision not to play him. And therefore the Sun story was "true, unfortunately". (The "unfortunately" is a nice touch).

I haven't read the story in The Sun or any other newspaper but when I said "true, unfortunately" I was referring to the thread title rather than what was in any newspaper.

Independence

I haven't read the story in The Sun or any other newspaper but when I said "true, unfortunately" I was referring to the thread title rather than what was in any newspaper.

Do you never give up ?

Drylaw Hearts

The two aren't mutually exclusive, DH. Did anyone want our best centre back dropped? No. Does that mean that JJ didn't accept, subscribe to or go along with the club policy on these matters? No.

If JJ wants to remain an employee of HMFC he has little choice but to go along with club policy CFA.

In think JJ has done well to work along with VR on delicate matters and I think this is another example of this.

Francis Albert

Oh dear. So when you said "true, unfortunately" you hadn't a clue what you were saying was "true, unfortunately". But at least you got the "unfortunately" in. Nice touch.

Drylaw Hearts

Oh dear. So when you said "true, unfortunately" you hadn't a clue what you were saying was "true, unfortunately". But at least you got the "unfortunately" in. Nice touch.

Eh.......

I just said I was referring to the thread title.

Did you miss that on purpose ?

Tommy Wiseau

If JJ wants to remain an employee of HMFC he has little choice but to go along with club policy CFA.

In think JJ has done well to work along with VR on delicate matters and I think this is another example of this.

Slightly on the side of my point (although I agree with you), which was that no-one wanted Zaliukas dropped - not even Mr Romanov - but needs must when the honour of being an HMFC player is being undermined. :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Eh.......

I just said I was referring to the thread title.

Did you miss that on purpose ?

No. "Kello stopped playing by Vlad .. according to the currant bun" was the thread title.

Oh wait, you are claiming that "true, unfortunately" was simply a confirmation that indeed was what the Sun said.

Got you.

Drylaw Hearts

Slightly on the side of my point (although I agree with you), which was that no-one wanted Zaliukas dropped - not even Mr Romanov - but needs must when the honour of being an HMFC player is being undermined. :thumbsup:

I'm not that keen on the old 'sign a player for 3 years but only play him for 2.1/2 years' routine.

I see no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Drylaw Hearts

No. "Kello stopped playing by Vlad .. according to the currant bun" was the thread title.

Oh wait, you are claiming that "true, unfortunately" was simply a confirmation that indeed was what the Sun said.

Got you.

"according to the current bun" is the thread sub-title.

I was referring to the thread title.

Francis Albert

"according to the current bun" is the thread sub-title.

I was referring to the thread title.

So " unfortunately correct" was just confirmation that the Sun said "Marion Kello stopped playing by Vlad"?

And you could confirm that without having read the Sun or any other newspaper?

Tommy Wiseau

I'm not that keen on the old 'sign a player for 3 years but only play him for 2.1/2 years' routine.

That's quite obviously not what happens in every case though, my man, otherwise others who have been out of contract would have been dropped as well. I really don't want to get into it too much; as I'm sure you'd agree, it's mind-numbingly boring and has been done a million times before in the days of the kitchen salesman - but more importantly it's not what's happening in this case anyway. That said, I don't have a problem with JJ, Mr Romanov or any other top boey at our club now or in the future dropping any player who isn't respecting the HMFC jersey. :thumbsup:

Denny Crane

I suggest we stop feeding the troll here folks. It is obvious that this constant response to Drylaw's attention seeking is giving him some absurd form of gratification which he is clearly thriving on. I'm all for questions and investigation but his inability to comprehend the more rational arguments on this thread at best suggest that his thought process is somewhat off the pace or at worst, playing the role of a Quisling seeking to sow disunity and discord amongst the Hearts support. His "true, unfortunately" comment came very quickly in this thread as if he knew this story was hitting the news stands (hence my question to him earlier this evening) and it more than raised an eyebrow. Whistle-blowing is all well and good provided it is based on accurate information but this smacked of mere stirring up (from what I've been able to ascertain, an anonymous phonecall apparently led to this spiralling its way to the pages of two newspapers). For what purpose I don't know but it would be a peculiar action for a Hearts supporter.

scott_jambo

Aye, we really cut off our nose to spite our faces in relation to Zaliukas.

Wonder how many million we will get for him this summer now that he is in the SPL team of the year and on a long term contract with the Hearts. :verysmug:

_49535334_4089135.jpg

Drylaw Hearts

So " unfortunately correct" was just confirmation that the Sun said "Mario Kello stopped playing by Vlad"?

And you could confirm that without having read the Sun or any other newspaper?

Feck me pink............

I'll type this just one last time especially for you FA :

I sent a pm on Monday (which has been confirmed on this thread) that Kello had been dropped as he'd had a falling out with VR.

I also told them the reason I was told what the fall-out was about.

Now I have to assume that because the person got the 'Kello has been dropped' part correct he'll also have the reason why correct. He may not but I'd be really surprised.

When I read the thread title "Marion Kello stopped playing by Vlad..." I replied with "It's true. Unfortunately."

By this I meant that the "Marion Kello stopped playing by Vlad" bit was true and not the contents of any stories that appeared in any of the newspapers as I hadn't and still haven't read these reports.

Now......from what I've read about JJ commenting on this being a private, internal and legal matter this imo that fits in with what I was told.

Drylaw Hearts

I suggest we stop feeding the troll here folks. It is obvious that this constant response to Drylaw's attention seeking is giving him some absurd form of gratification which he is clearly thriving on. I'm all for questions and investigation but his inability to comprehend the more rational arguments on this thread at best suggest that his thought process is somewhat off the pace or at worst, playing the role of a Quisling seeking to sow disunity and discord amongst the Hearts support. His "true, unfortunately" comment came very quickly in this thread as if he knew this story was hitting the news stands (hence my question to him earlier this evening) and it more than raised an eyebrow. Whistle-blowing is all well and good provided it is based on accurate information but this smacked of mere stirring up (from what I've been able to ascertain, an anonymous phonecall apparently led to this spiralling its way to the pages of two newspapers). For what purpose I don't know but it would be a peculiar action for a Hearts supporter.

You think I contacted The Sun with a story ?

:lol: :lol:

Superb.

Drylaw Hearts

Aye, we really cut off our nose to spite our faces in relation to Zaliukas.

Wonder how many million we will get for him this summer now that he is in the SPL team of the year and on a long term contract with the Hearts. :verysmug:

_49535334_4089135.jpg

IIRC......

We dropped a number of points whilst Zaliukas was sitting in the stand despite being fit to play.

No ?

Francis Albert

Feck me pink............

I'll type this just one last time especially for you FA :

I sent a pm on Monday (which has been confirmed on this thread) that Kello had been dropped as he'd had a falling out with VR.

I also told them the reason I was told what the fall-out was about.

Now I have to assume that because the person got the 'Kello has been dropped' part correct he'll also have the reason why correct. He may not but I'd be really surprised.

When I read the thread title "Marion Kello stopped playing by Vlad..." I replied with "It's true. Unfortunately."

By this I meant that the "Marion Kello stopped playing by Vlad" bit was true and not the contents of any stories that appeared in any of the newspapers as I hadn't and still haven't read these reports.

Now......from what I've read about JJ commenting on this being a private, internal and legal matter this imo that fits in with what I was told.

Sorry, for some bizarre reason I thought "unfortunately it's true" referred to the thread title (which of course was about the newspaper rreports). .

Didn't get your PM.

What was his falling out with VR about?

Harry Palmer

IIRC......

We dropped a number of points whilst Zaliukas was sitting in the stand despite being fit to play.

No ?

Yes. But how many have we gained since?

Still strolling our way to turd place since GTFster returned.

Drylaw Hearts

Sorry, for some bizarre reason I thought "unfortunately it's true" referred to the thread title.

Didn't get your PM.

What was his falling out with VR about?

I can't do this anymore - i'm losing the will to live.

The thread title is......................

Marion Kello stopped playing by Vlad...

And I said...........................

It's true. Unfortunately.

What is it you aren't understanding about that ?

Archived