Marion Kello stopped playing by Vlad...

bighalders

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don Roberto

Why is anybody surprised when a player is tapped by Celtic that this causes a contractual issue?

FWIW - I understand the original problem was an injury, but that he has been fit for a couple of weeks.

I know JJ and he wouldn't lie. He might not tell you everything (although he usually alarmingly does!) but he won't lie.

We have been here before, sometimes a player's head is turned back to Hearts, sometimes it's not.

You aren't going to keep a player who wants to move on that badly, so why wouldn't you use the other players that he has been keeping out?

did we sign a Goalie from Stenhousemuir??? I cant recall it but I am told we did, Ritchie?? (dont even know if thats a first or second name) but told he has been looking good. Anyone heard of him

Don Roberto

Wanted Balogh back on Saturday anyway.

JM hasn't impressed at all since he returned to the side and he should have done better with both goals at ER imo.

He stopped virtually every ball in the warm up on Saturday - well those that weren't pinging their way over his head and into the stands.

Walter Bishop

Okay, just dropping in quickly with news from today's pre-match presser.

JJ says Kello is not available for selection due to a personal issue and the decision was taken mutually not to play him. He will remain out of contention until this issue is resolved.

In other news JJ is very happy with his budget for next season (says in fact he would have been happy with half of what he's getting) and refused to comment on Rooney and Sutton links.

Don't have quotes yet.

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

0,,10289~3924303,00.jpg

+

Imogen_Thomas1.jpg

Mutual - as in Romanov says so and to keep the peace with Vlad I've let him do it.

So JJ has already lied once to cover the tracks regarding an injury to Kello when all along it has been a "personal" issue.

Great stuff.

Er, not necessarily. Slow up with the JJ accusations a bit! It's also entirely possible that when originally asked, Kello was experiencing back problems hence his absence....it would seem that things have now changed, hence the new explanation. If I'm giving anyone in this scenario the benefit of the doubt, JJ is most definitely top of that list.

The Comedian

Okay, just dropping in quickly with news from today's pre-match presser.

JJ says Kello is not available for selection due to a personal issue and the decision was taken mutually not to play him. He will remain out of contention until this issue is resolved.

In other news JJ is very happy with his budget for next season (says in fact he would have been happy with half of what he's getting) and refused to comment on Rooney and Sutton links.

Don't have quotes yet.

I've heard a reason for this which maybe others have alluded to. In the highly unlikely event that it's true, it's quite scandalous.

Either way we are missing our best keeper.

I can't believe some of the talk on here about Kello being worth big money.

He's a competent maybe just above average keeper.

There are probably dozens of similar quality keepers playing in europe and in these Bosman days I can't see any club paying much for him if anything.

I've heard a reason for this which maybe others have alluded to. In the highly unlikely event that it's true, it's quite scandalous.

Spill it :thumbsup:

Denny Crane

FFS

I hate to think what some of you would have been like in the 1940s after hearing a Lord Haw-Haw broadcast on the radio :rolleyes:

The Treasurer

Seems pretty clear that this is a contractual problem, I'm not going to come down on the side of Kello, Vlad or JJ on this as I don't know the details of any offer that has been made. What I will say though is that I hope an agreement can be reached as I think Marian has had an outstanding season. I am also happy that there is an effort to sort this out now rather than it distrupting the start to the next campaign.

Regarding Jamie Mac I don't think he is as bad as other posters have made out, I can remember several good saves that he has made in recent weeks and the second goal against Hibs is the only glaring error that springs to mind.

Kello is without doubt the best keeper at the club and I hope an agreement can be reached, but if we are to build a team to challenge the OF letting players run down thier contracts and leave for nothing doesn't benefit the club.

How did this sensible and rational post manage to get past the "react first, think later" police ???

Coburg Hearts

FFS

I hate to think what some of you would have been like in the 1940s after hearing a Lord Haw-Haw broadcast on the radio :rolleyes:

Spot on. I'd hate to have been in the trenches with some of the roasters on here. :angry:

These two posts illustrate the dichotomy

There must be an easier way to make a deal with a player than benching him until he signs? If he is fecking off to Celtic then they win twice using this method...we drop points and they get him cheaper as his current contract runs out. He has had a good season, its pretty obvious other teams will want to buy and he won't be finishing his career here. Play him, pay him and then get as much as you can for him. Don't feck the team on a strop.

If Zal hadn't been dropped he'd have been away in January for nowt.

Students of game theory should recognise this as being similar to the "Bach or Stravinsky" problem with imperfect information and repeated plays

Das Root's suggestion is to look for the best "worst case scenario", We get more games out of Kello even though he leaves on a free

Andrew points out that in the Zaliukas situation Vlad held out for the best case scenario (A new contract )and got it although he risked getting the "worst worst case scenario" (Zal missing those games and still not singing) if the player had held out for their best case scenario A protracted run in their team allowing them to boost their value and then a lucrative transfer on the back of it"

There is a risk of taking a tough stance in negotiations (you risk cutting of your nose to spite your face) but there is also a risk in settling for what you know you can get.

In the Zaliukas case Vlad's stratege apperaed to have paid off (although we'll never know if the contract could have been secured by other tactics) . It appears to have paid off in several cases

It's also failed a sometimes resulting in both sides being worse off when the player has held out for the best best case scenario.

However while playing hardball and failing may seem like a loss in the short term it may pay off in the future. By accepting an outcome to the game that pleases nobody today you signal to the next opponent that if you adopt these tactics you're not bluffing.

The other major complication is that neither player knows the details of the other players hand. It's reasonable to assume that Kello has a load of interested clubs and that some of them will be richer than Hearts but Hearts can't know how many or how rich.

We do, on the other hand ,know that Hearts position has become stronger. With 3rd place all but sewn up the need for Kello's services is less pressing.

JJ might have been tempted to give the understudy a run in the team even if Kello was available.

syndicalist

People supporting everything that tyrant does need to pull their head out their arse.

If Romanov was in charge elsewhere we'd all be ripping him and them to shreads.

Guys a nutter and an embarrassment to Hearts.

Could have been worse, he could have bought Torres. Seriously though, embarrassment? Don't think so. He's done some bad things, done some good things. That's who we've got. I'm not embarrassed.

What annoys me is why we cannot wait until the end of the season to resolve this -- he is still under contract for another year and I doubt the price (if we sell) will vary much just by signing say another 2 year extension.

If he refuses to sign in the summer then of course put him up for sale -- no qualms about that policy for all players at the club -- we have been burnt in the past with players like Ritchie, Johnston etc.

There are times where we do shot ourselves in the foot with our esteemed leaders policies -- this has to be balanced against the good things he brings and has brought.

Timing of negotiations is important and in this we are sadly lacking at times

If it is solely down to the contract issue, then I have supported this before, so I would be wrong to say I do not just because it is Kello, though it would be dissappointing as he is by far our best keeper, though I too do not think McDonald is that bad. If it is down to that I do not see how he can play given this has been our stance for years.

I would be very concerned if it there was more too it though.

Could have been worse, he could have bought Torres. Seriously though, embarrassment? Don't think so. He's done some bad things, done some good things. That's who we've got. I'm not embarrassed.

Far too sensible a post for KB - don't you know we're only one Sun article away from mass hysteria on here!!!

My link

Hobos.net, or should I say deluded.net, seem to think they could 'steal' him for 200k :lol:

Muppets.

JJ said it was personal issues, no Mental Health issues.

cheers for the updates borthers.

well, its not a contract issue then. anyone care to break liable law and state why it is marian isnt 'in the right frame of mind'.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This is the one area where I am a bitunreasonable really... Anyone playing for Hearts who ends up at either of those two teams? Farkin end up hating them if they go there directly... See if we do not get gazillions in exchange for them?

It then goes beyond hatred. Unreasonable I know but... Why not just sign a deal to make sure that the club that gave you the platform to excel is not raped by a disgusting institution like Like Celtic or Rangers? If they cannot afford to pay a fair price then feck them. Would hate to add Kello to the list of former players that put the OF before their current club.

As promised:

"It's a private matter. About a week after he was out after his back spasm there was a report on something which I discussed with Marian and have done two or three times a week (since).

"When this was brought to our attention I asked him what he thought.

"In the circumstances we decided it would be better if we got it cleared up. Hopefully that will be soon and when it is he'll be back in the team.

"If that sort of thing is on his mind he wouldn't be in the right frame of mind.

"It's nothing to do with the Zaliukas situation at all.

"It's something private, internal. It doesn't matter what anybody else says.

"Marian and I have discussed it and it's a decision we both came to."

JJ also said that Kello has his "full support" and he hopes he'll be back in contention soon.

MAD BORTHERS GFT :angry:

As promised:

"It's a private matter. About a week after he was out after his back spasm there was a report on something which I discussed with Marian and have done two or three times a week (since).

"In the circumstances we decided it would be better if we got it cleared up. Hopefully that will be soon and when it is he'll be back in the team.

"If that sort of thing is on his mind he wouldn't be in the right frame of mind.

JJ also said that Kello has his "full support" and he hopes he'll be back in contention soon.

Sore yin for the JKB foamer crew.

rossthejambo

As promised:

That doesn't sound anything like a contract problem IMO.

Hope whatever it is isn't serious and he's back ASAP.

I've got a funny feeling that the one's who were quick with the GTF Vlad pish will be fairly quiet now.

kingantti1874

I would suspect the reason he hasnt signed would be

1. he wants more money than hearts can pay him..

2. he wants to move to a bigger club / league..

for the muppets on hobos.net... that kinda rules you out dont you think... thickos...

As promised:

good. some credible info.

looks like the madfud dribbles were premature.

B)

These two posts illustrate the dichotomy

Students of game theory should recognise this as being similar to the "Bach or Stravinsky" problem with imperfect information and repeated plays

Das Root's suggestion is to look for the best "worst case scenario", We get more games out of Kello even though he leaves on a free

Andrew points out that in the Zaliukas situation Vlad held out for the best case scenario (A new contract )and got it although he risked getting the "worst worst case scenario" (Zal missing those games and still not singing) if the player had held out for their best case scenario A protracted run in their team allowing them to boost their value and then a lucrative transfer on the back of it"

There is a risk of taking a tough stance in negotiations (you risk cutting of your nose to spite your face) but there is also a risk in settling for what you know you can get.

In the Zaliukas case Vlad's stratege apperaed to have paid off (although we'll never know if the contract could have been secured by other tactics) . It appears to have paid off in several cases

It's also failed a sometimes resulting in both sides being worse off when the player has held out for the best best case scenario.

However while playing hardball and failing may seem like a loss in the short term it may pay off in the future. By accepting an outcome to the game that pleases nobody today you signal to the next opponent that if you adopt these tactics you're not bluffing.

The other major complication is that neither player knows the details of the other players hand. It's reasonable to assume that Kello has a load of interested clubs and that some of them will be richer than Hearts but Hearts can't know how many or how rich.

We do, on the other hand ,know that Hearts position has become stronger. With 3rd place all but sewn up the need for Kello's services is less pressing.

JJ might have been tempted to give the understudy a run in the team even if Kello was available.

:lol: Very eloquently put my good man.

As promised:

Sounds like he's been dipping some dirty from down Leith way!!

I've got a funny feeling that the one's who were quick with the GTF Vlad pish will be fairly quiet now.

If only.

Empty vessels make the most noise and all that.

ToadKiller Dog

If its a personal issue we should be giving Kello 100% backing also what ever it is (as long as he has not broke the law ).

He is IMO our player of the season .

Right, so can people stop attacking our players/owner every time some shit gets published in the rags? How about a little skepticism in future?

Hearts of Vladland

My link

Hobos.net, or should I say deluded.net, seem to think they could 'steal' him for 200k :lol:

Muppets.

They probably couldn't pay a third of his current wages.

scott_jambo

If its a personal issue we should be giving Kello 100% backing also what ever it is (as long as he has not broke the law ).

He is IMO our player of the season .

I would back Kello if he broke the law.

F the Police. thumbsup.gif

North Shore

As promised:

Nice one chief

Nae luck, raspers.

Surely a mistake here :( Drylaw Hearts told me it was true and that he isnt an attention seeker.

GIRUY DRYLAW HEARTS

:pleasing:

Cheers Borthers.

IJ, good effort being 'over and out' on this thread :lol:

Can't help it man. I just ADORE ramming it right up the anti-Mr Romanov element on here.

thumbsup.gif

Ray Winstone

I could post the details but would it actually be proof or something I've made up ???

FWIW........

I sent a pm to someone on here earlier in the week telling him this story.

P.S I don't seek attention or I would have posted the story rather than send a pm to someone.

:verysmug:

Archived