Official Formula 1 2011 Uber Thread

Guest juvehearts

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunshine for Silverstone is forecast. 20degs, nice day, wish I was going !

I'm off to Spa next month. :thumbsup:

I hope it rains.

chester copperpot

I hope it rains.

It normally does, doesn't it?

It normally does, doesn't it?

Usually.

Been twice before. 1998 and 2000.

Rained both race days but the Friday in 2000 was a heatwave. Got sunburnt that day.

1998 was the big crash. It was brilliant. :thumbsup:

I hope it rains.

I'm soooo jealous - have a great time, you'll be getting a flight after the Hearts match of course :teehee:

I'm soooo jealous - have a great time, you'll be getting a flight after the Hearts match of course :teehee:

I'll miss it if we do play. We leave on Wednesday in a campervan.

It was the same in 1998. We played Red Star and I missed that. :down:

Still it is Spa so that makes up for it slightly.

chester copperpot

I'll miss it if we do play. We leave on Wednesday in a campervan.

It was the same in 1998. We played Red Star and I missed that. :down:

Still it is Spa so that makes up for it slightly.

I've never got the whole going to the races mate, care to expand. I'm assuming it's more to do with the weekend and the partying rather than just the racing. I just think that for Formula one, ye cannae beat the coverage on the T.V. I follow Stock Car Racing and TBH, whenever we go away to a meeting down south, it's normally for the beer and the weekend away rather than the racing.

Have never got people who spend a fortune to go to the venue, but I suppose it's each to their own.

I've never got the whole going to the races mate, care to expand. I'm assuming it's more to do with the weekend and the partying rather than just the racing. I just think that for Formula one, ye cannae beat the coverage on the T.V. I follow Stock Car Racing and TBH, whenever we go away to a meeting down south, it's normally for the beer and the weekend away rather than the racing.

Have never got people who spend a fortune to go to the venue, but I suppose it's each to their own.

Going to the race in inexplainabley awesome. It is a whole weekend thing too, but a bit like football you can't beat actually being there, absorbing the atmosphere. At the race you tune your radio to the track station and yo can get commentary when you want to hear it. There are big screens all over the place, you can see what is going on, just like TV, but you get a different sense of speed, and the noise is incredible. The beer, partying is secondary to the racing in F1. It really is amazing. Getting photo's in very difficult, You get (well if I'm lucky) one decent in every hundred you take. It's so good I'd miss a Hearts game to go.

H2 has basically nailed it.

I liked F1 but never enough to go to a race. My mate is really into it and he organised the trip in 1998. Loads of people said they'd go but when it came to paying all the excuses arrived. I said i'd still go because he didn't want to go alone. To be honest I wasn't too excited for it but on the Saturday when we eventually arrived (thats another story) we heard the cars going out for 1st practice. I honestly thought we were right next to the circuit. We were about a mile away. It was loud and it made my hairs stand up.

The speed was amazing. TV doesn't do it any justice. I really couldn't believe how quick they went around corners.

The social part is brilliant too. I can't remember leaving the circuit because i was so drunk.

I can't wait. :thumbsup:

1st practice just started at Silverstone on the red button. :thumbsup:

Damp track too.

Rather shit first session ruined by rain.

2nd session about to start and its pissing down.

kingantti1874

What an absolute farce, Renault cars allowed 50% overrun, other cars not allowed... Thats a monumental advantage for rbr and Renault... I think there ate going to be some serious fallout from this one

What an absolute farce, Renault cars allowed 50% overrun, other cars not allowed... Thats a monumental advantage for rbr and Renault... I think there ate going to be some serious fallout from this one

what do you mean? can you explain/elaborate? or do you have a link

Where did you hear this?

I heard them say the cars sound strange in the corners but they didn't really go into it.

Anthony Davidson mentioned something but I never really caught it.

My Left Nut

I am confused with it to be honest but it has something to do with the Renaults not being able to run 'fired overrun' for reliability issues because it would cause the engine to overheat, so they will run run 50% cold-blowing when off the throttle, whilst Mercedes and others have been allowed to continue 'fired overrun' or hot-blowing to 10%.

In all honesty there should never be a rule change of this impact halfway through a season.

kingantti1874

Autosport forums and twitter, Renault have been allowed dispensation to run 50% overrun, whitmarsh, domenicalli arguing with Horner in press conference... It's an utter joke.. So in other words-renaults are running the same as previous weeks, mercedes and ferrari seriously clipped...

In all honesty there should never be a rule change of this impact halfway through a season.

Exactly.

When a team dominates other teams complain that they're cheating/gaining an unfair advantage etc. It should be up to the other teams to catch them up without the help of the FIA. No changing rules halfway through a season. It makes a mockery of things.

My Left Nut

Autosport forums and twitter, Renault have been allowed dispensation to run 50% overrun, whitmarsh, domenicalli arguing with Horner in press conference... It's an utter joke.. So in other words-renaults are running the same as previous weeks, mercedes and ferrari seriously clipped...

As I read it the Renaults are not running overrun or hot blowing they are running 50% cold blowing and the other teams are allowed 10% overrun or hot blowing.

The cameras picked up on Whitmarsh and Domenicalli talking intensely in the pits. They tried to listen in but they cottoned on to it and moved away. No doubt some sort of objection coming. Its not like Ferrari and McLaren to be so pally.

9 mins into p3 this morning

roll on quali

Dry at the moment. How long will that last? Some black clouds overhead.

murray walker special guest commentary on this practice

yassssss

Brilliant eh? :thumbsup:

Guest juvehearts

Brilliant eh? :thumbsup:

just makes it formula 1 with him there

hes 87 years old ffs

a modern day hero for me

legend just doesnt describe him for me

juve

just makes it formula 1 with him there

hes 87 years old ffs

a modern day hero for me

legend just doesnt describe him for me

juve

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Did you see the documentary about him a few weeks ago. Brilliant.

chester copperpot

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Did you see the documentary about him a few weeks ago. Brilliant.

I have to buck the trend and say I did not enjoy when he commentated.

The amount of mistakes he made was embarrassing, and I just seen him as an old fool. That incident with Mansell and the bump on his head had some good comedy value though :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1A0eXlcRn0

I have to buck the trend and say I did not enjoy when he commentated.

The amount of mistakes he made was embarrassing, and I just seen him as an old fool. That incident with Mansell and the bump on his head had some good comedy value though :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1A0eXlcRn0

The Murrayisms were part of F1.

A slaver no doubt but brilliant. :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

The Murrayisms were part of F1.

A slaver no doubt but brilliant. :thumbsup:

Q1, a bottle of magners and the Hearts game right after qualifying, nice start to my saturday.

Murray Walker's voice is just synonymous with F1 and it seems to sound so much better when he is doing it. (even with the 50 mistakes he used to make per race laugh.gif)

Q1, a bottle of magners and the Hearts game right after qualifying, nice start to my saturday.

:thumbsup:

I'm off to the pub as soon as this rain stops.

Think I'll have a wee celebratory drink for Paul di Resta getting 6th. Fantastic.

chester copperpot

:thumbsup:

I'm off to the pub as soon as this rain stops.

Think I'll have a wee celebratory drink for Paul di Resta getting 6th. Fantastic.

Good effort from DIR.

Enjoy mate.

chester copperpot

Hamilton having a sensational drive. Up to 3rd.

What a race so far eh?

Superb. Who said F1 is boring.

chester copperpot

This is getting interesting.

It's just got a helluva bit more:

:interesting:

Superb race. What an ending. :thumbsup:

So much for Red Bull allowing their drivers to race. Webber needs a new team.

Massa and Hamilton touching at the last corner will be looked imo.

As for Force India. Amateurs. Thats 2 races they've ruined for di Resta.

chester copperpot

Superb race. What an ending. :thumbsup:

So much for Red Bull allowing their drivers to race. Webber needs a new team.

Massa and Hamilton touching at the last corner will be looked imo.

As for Force India. Amateurs. Thats 2 races they've ruined for di Resta.

Yip, can see the stewards putting Hamilton back behind Massa. NAP.

Yip, can see the stewards putting Hamilton back behind Massa. NAP.

I'd think so.

What did you make of Schumachers penalty? I thought it was a joke. Just like di Restas in Canada.

Great race though.

chester copperpot

I'd think so.

What did you make of Schumachers penalty? I thought it was a joke. Just like di Restas in Canada.

Great race though.

Pretty disgraceful IMO, and giving him a stop go because a drive through is actually quicker than going round the circuit.

Pretty disgraceful IMO, and giving him a stop go because a drive through is actually quicker than going round the circuit.

They did say anyone getting a penalty was getting a stop go rather than a drive through because of the time. But it was a pathetic penalty. They're penalising drivers for having a go.

chester copperpot

They did say anyone getting a penalty was getting a stop go rather than a drive through because of the time. But it was a pathetic penalty. They're penalising drivers for having a go.

I'd understand if it was a blatant thing, but Kobayashi came right across the racing line IMO.

If it's racing, then there's no way it should be investigated. It's like everything else in this world these days. Not allowed to do anything without getting penalised.

I'd understand if it was a blatant thing, but Kobayashi came right across the racing line IMO.

If it's racing, then there's no way it should be investigated. It's like everything else in this world these days. Not allowed to do anything without getting penalised.

Have to agree. All it was was a racing incident. Nothing more.

kingantti1874

Hamilton won't have to give the place back, he was on the racing line Massa was not as he tried to take him round the outside...if anybody's fault it was Massa's - saying that no way should he be punished as that's what we want to see .... Have to say great to see rbr not win, for some reason the just irritate me... Saying that season is still over bar the shouting..

maltese jambo

Hamilton won't have to give the place back, he was on the racing line Massa was not as he tried to take him round the outside...if anybody's fault it was Massa's - saying that no way should he be punished as that's what we want to see .... Have to say great to see rbr not win, for some reason the just irritate me... Saying that season is still over bar the shouting..

Massa had gained the position and therefore was past Hamilton. So not sure if the 'racing line' excuse can be used. Hamilton saw him and still just careered into him. He even admitted afterwards that there was 'No way he was giving up 4th'

But no point in discussing it as Hamilton will get away with it.

Archived