Official Formula 1 2011 Uber Thread

Guest juvehearts

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me that only Martin Brundle is taking Murdoch's shilling............

So, who's going to do the race commentary. My money would be on Stuart Hall...(see thread in the terrace if you don't know who he is)

Prince Buaben

Kimi back with LRGP... Good stuff ...hope they give him a competitive car

What happens to Kubica?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

What happens to Kubica?

Nothing been announced yet but it seems doubtful that he'll make the start of the season.

Prince Buaben
Western Europe is "finished" as a top Formula 1 racing destination and will soon host only five races, according to the sport's supremo Bernie Ecclestone. He did not name which races in Europe he thought would survive, but said he wanted to keep the total number of races in a season at 20 while expanding to Russia and considering new locations such as South Africa and Mexico.

From the bbc gossip.

5 European tracks would be Monoco, Silverstone, Monza, Spa, Hockenhimring/Nurburgring?

From the bbc gossip.

5 European tracks would be Monoco, Silverstone, Monza, Spa, Hockenhimring/Nurburgring?

would say they would drop spa and keep one of the races in spain

kingantti1874

Not a chance they would drop spa, best circuit on the calendar.

Prince Buaben

Not a chance Spa will be dropped for spain.

Not a chance they would drop spa, best circuit on the calendar.

Not a chance Spa will be dropped for spain.

money talks and i think bernie makes more money from either of the spanish races than it does spa.

Prince Buaben

money talks and i think bernie makes more money from either of the spanish races than it does spa.

It does but Spa has something about it. The drivers love it and the fans love it. If it was dropped for Barcalona or Valencia then there would be uproar. One of the reasons to watch F1 is to watch drivers challange themselves at Spa or Monza.

I take it you dont like Spa?

It does but Spa has something about it. The drivers love it and the fans love it. If it was dropped for Barcalona or Valencia then there would be uproar. One of the reasons to watch F1 is to watch drivers challange themselves at Spa or Monza.

I take it you dont like Spa?

no the opposite i love spa, good old style circuit and not one of the tilke designed tracks. but bernie will drop the least profitable tracks for those that will increase his bank balance

no the opposite i love spa, good old style circuit and not one of the tilke designed tracks. but bernie will drop the least profitable tracks for those that will increase his bank balance

I agree. Bernie Doesn't make much money from Spa if any. The Walloon government struggle every season with costs.

But taking the best circuits off the calender will have people switching off.

I'd personally stop going to any Tilke designed tracks. They're all much the same and pretty boring.

Keep F1 mainly in Europe and have a few flyaway races to places that support F1. Canada, Australia, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and South Africa are the only places I'd go to away from Europe.

Kimi back with LRGP... Good stuff ...hope they give him a competitive car

I hope so, that would mean we will have more great racers than we have ever had before:

Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Kimi, with DiResta and Sutil getting there, and who knows what Rosberg might be able to do in a good car?

Spa has been dropped before. The only thing it has going for it in Bernie's money obsessed world is that it is handy for fans from France, Holland, Germany etc to get to.

Spa has been dropped before. The only thing it has going for it in Bernie's money obsessed world is that it is handy for fans from France, Holland, Germany etc to get to.

And the fact its the best track in the world. :thumbsup:

sadly that doesn't come into bernies thinking.

True.

He only wants 5 races in Europe.

Monaco is their jewel in the crown so 4 more.

I'd have Spa, Silverstone, Monza and Nurburgring.

5 is too few though.

True.

He only wants 5 races in Europe.

Monaco is their jewel in the crown so 4 more.

I'd have Spa, Silverstone, Monza and Nurburgring.

5 is too few though.

i would like them to alternate nurburgring with hockenheim annually

i would like them to alternate nurburgring with hockenheim annually

I don't mind either really. Both decent tracks. :thumbsup:

I think France deserves a GP too. Magny Cours is a decent track but its too far from anywhere for Bernies liking.

The Natural Order

Alternating tracks is going to be the name of the game, Bernie's been doing a lot of talking about it recently.

Bernie wants Belgium to alternate with France. He wants a street race in Paris for France but isn't going to get it due to the fact that the recent new street tracks have all been rubbish, so he's talking to the people at Paul Ricard.

I think Spain (due to the profit it makes) will end up with one of the EU GPs, again alternating between two current tracks.

There's also been talk of the second (or maybe only now) US GP in Jersy alternating with Canada who say they can't afford a race every year now.

Alternating tracks is going to be the name of the game, Bernie's been doing a lot of talking about it recently.

Bernie wants Belgium to alternate with France. He wants a street race in Paris for France but isn't going to get it due to the fact that the recent new street tracks have all been rubbish, so he's talking to the people at Paul Ricard.

I think Spain (due to the profit it makes) will end up with one of the EU GPs, again alternating between two current tracks.

There's also been talk of the second (or maybe only now) US GP in Jersy alternating with Canada who say they can't afford a race every year now.

Spain would keep a race but although Barcelona is a great trip the track is rubbish and Valencia is terrible. They'd be better at the proper Valencia track or Jerez or maybe even try out the new track in Aragon.

I think Bernie owns Paul Ricard so its strange F1 doesn't visit there. As I said Magny Cours is a decent track but Bernie doesn't like it.

Archived