Official Formula 1 2011 Uber Thread

Guest juvehearts

Only 1 set more,macs have looked quicker over short and long runs... Think it depends who gets ink first corner 1st... Mclaren 1-2 IMO

I'd prefer a 6 car accident involving the Red Bulls, McLarens and the Ferraris. :thumbsup:

An outsider to win just for a change.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

I'd prefer a 6 car accident involving the Red Bulls, McLarens and the Ferraris. :thumbsup:

An outsider to win just for a change.

Di resta

Vettel once again shows his class. :thumbsup:

Hamilton done well to keep Webber at bay. Alonso and the Toro Rossos were flying at the end.

Well done to di Resta once again in the points. :thumbsup:

What about Alonsos comment over the radio? "I give up" :lol:

What do you think that was about? Hoping McLaren would tell Button or just a message to say they should have let him past Massa sooner?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Vettel once again shows his class. :thumbsup:

Hamilton done well to keep Webber at bay. Alonso and the Toro Rossos were flying at the end.

Well done to di Resta once again in the points. :thumbsup:

What about Alonsos comment over the radio? "I give up" :lol:

What do you think that was about? Hoping McLaren would tell Button or just a message to say they should have let him past Massa sooner?

Alonso 'I give up' was 100% aimed at his own team for allowing Massa to hold him up.

Alonso 'I give up' was 100% aimed at his own team for allowing Massa to hold him up.

Quality quote. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Indian GP this weekend. :thumbsup:

All drivers giving it the thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Hamilton and Perez given 3 place grid penalties for not slowing down at double waved yellows.

Hopefully be a good race.

Red Bull front row.

Massas accident quite strange. The kerb didn't seem too bad.

Hopefully a good race the morn. :thumbsup:

Red Bull front row.

Massas accident quite strange. The kerb didn't seem too bad.

Hopefully a good race the morn. :thumbsup:

Can't see it being too competitive unfortunately. One of the RB's will hold the field up and the other will drive off into the wilderness.

Can't see it being too competitive unfortunately. One of the RB's will hold the field up and the other will drive off into the wilderness.

You're probably right.

A monsoon might help.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

This and it equals another Vettel win.

:facepalm:

kingantti1874

What a complete ****** massa is, deliberately crashes into Hamilton then fools his suspension of the same corner again

What a complete ****** massa is, deliberately crashes into Hamilton then fools his suspension of the same corner again

Yes, it did look a bit odd, and Massa has done this to Hamilton bfore, can't imagine why he'd do it deliberately though.

Yes, it did look a bit odd, and Massa has done this to Hamilton bfore, can't imagine why he'd do it deliberately though.

He looked in his mirror just before turning in.

But should Hamilton have put his car there?

Yes he should, TV pictures have shown Massa looking round, Massa knew Hamilton was there.

That's like asking if racing drivers should only be allowed to overtake on straights using DRS and KERS.

Yes he should, TV pictures have shown Massa looking round, Massa knew Hamilton was there.

That's like asking if racing drivers should only be allowed to overtake on straights using DRS and KERS.

Its been said its only 1 car at a time through there. So maybe he should have waited.

He'd have got him at the end of the pit straight anyway.

Massa was an idiot. He seems to have a problem with Hamilton.

kingantti1874

Hamilton was well within his rights to try and pass there... He had the line and massa deliberately hit him... The guy is a clown in a fast car... No way he deserves that seat - matter of time before he is binned

I was rather surprised by the stewards decision. IMO he should have known is wasn't an overtaking opportunity. Even the commentators thought he would get a penalty. Guess the stewards are now feeling sorry for him.

Hamilton was well within his rights to try and pass there... He had the line and massa deliberately hit him... The guy is a clown in a fast car... No way he deserves that seat - matter of time before he is binned

Its weird how people watching the same race see things differently, i would have written

"Hamilton had no right to half heartedly leave his nose in and try and pass there... Massa had racing position and the right to take the racing line and Hamilton (deliberately?) hit him... The guy is a clown in a fast car... No way he deserves that seat - matter of time before he is binned" thumbsup.gif

My understanding is that the driver that holds the position has the right to take the racing line. In order to hold the position you must be in front of the other car. Hamilton wasn't even close. As above I can only assume the stewards are now taking pity on him with the season effectively over.

I honestly don't believe Massa would deliberately hit him, although if he did it could only be a measure of how hated Hamilton has become given his behaviour this season.

Even his girlfriend couldn't stand him anymore. ninja.gif

kingantti1874

No different to when jenson ran webber out of road earlier in the race, Hamilton had the line not massa otherwise no doubt about it, also every piece on analysis I've read says 100% massas fault... He will lose that seat and disappear without trace thankfully

I was rather surprised by the stewards decision. IMO he should have known is wasn't an overtaking opportunity. Even the commentators thought he would get a penalty. Guess the stewards are now feeling sorry for him.

Its weird how people watching the same race see things differently, i would have written

"Hamilton had no right to half heartedly leave his nose in and try and pass there... Massa had racing position and the right to take the racing line and Hamilton (deliberately?) hit him... The guy is a clown in a fast car... No way he deserves that seat - matter of time before he is binned" thumbsup.gif

My understanding is that the driver that holds the position has the right to take the racing line. In order to hold the position you must be in front of the other car. Hamilton wasn't even close. As above I can only assume the stewards are now taking pity on him with the season effectively over.

I honestly don't believe Massa would deliberately hit him, although if he did it could only be a measure of how hated Hamilton has become given his behaviour this season.

Even his girlfriend couldn't stand him anymore. ninja.gif

Interesting perspective.... are you a Behavioural psychologist?

Massa was definitely at fault for today's accident, but the ratio of blame for their collisions this year is still Hamilton by a country mile. Can you blame Massa for having a grudge when he's had umpteen races ruined by Hamilton's clumsiness - for which Hamilton never apologises for?

kingantti1874

Massa was definitely at fault for today's accident, but the ratio of blame for their collisions this year is still Hamilton by a country mile. Can you blame Massa for having a grudge when he's had umpteen races ruined by Hamilton's clumsiness - for which Hamilton never apologises for?

He's apologised for the ones which were his fault - you can't drive into people on purpose which is what massa Think he should go off and drive stock cars

Hamilton has publicly apologised on numerous occasions this year. Hamilton has taken the rap on occasions when it was Massa's fault - hairpin at Monaco for example where Massa clearly turned in on Hamilton.

Hamilton has publicly apologised on numerous occasions this year. Hamilton has taken the rap on occasions when it was Massa's fault - hairpin at Monaco for example where Massa clearly turned in on Hamilton.

If he has, then I gladly retract that critique.

The point I was really trying to make was that Hamilton is more reckless/careless than Massa, and I'm pretty sure they'll both be glad to see the back of each other for a few months.

kingantti1874

The point I was really trying to make was that Hamilton is more reckless/careless than Massa, and I'm pretty sure they'll both be glad to see the back of each other for a few months.

Hamilton has made plenty of mistakes your right, every single one of them trying to get past a slower driver (usually massa)... He's cut a frustrated figure this season as bad luck in qualifying has put him back into the field and it's got the better of him... He is though one o the very few reasons to watch f1 right now as everyone else seem to be happy to drive around behind vettel...

Massa is a slow driver in a fast car - every incident he has been involved in has because he has been defending far too aggressively.. Like today

I guess we need to agree to disagree, Hamilton is a better driver than Massa, I doubt anyone would argue with that, IMO Hamilton has been punished on occasion when it was Massa's fault, the most obvious one at Monaco.

kingantti1874

I guess we need to agree to disagree, Hamilton is a better driver than Massa, I doubt anyone would argue with that, IMO Hamilton has been punished on occasion when it was Massa's fault, the most obvious one at Monaco.

The worst thing for me today was massa definitely looked in his mirrors, he definitely meant it... Hamilton on can be reckless - but deliberately taking himself and an opponent out is dangerous especially this week..

A weird season for Hamilton tho - like Japan he had no pace today at start of stint then suddenly finds it with a new set of tyres

The worst thing for me today was massa definitely looked in his mirrors, he definitely meant it... Hamilton on can be reckless - but deliberately taking himself and an opponent out is dangerous especially this week..

A weird season for Hamilton tho - like Japan he had no pace today at start of stint then suddenly finds it with a new set of tyres

At the start, it looked to me like Hamilton moved out of the way of Massa, just to avoid trouble.

No different to when jenson ran webber out of road earlier in the race, Hamilton had the line not massa otherwise no doubt about it, also every piece on analysis I've read says 100% massas fault... He will lose that seat and disappear without trace thankfully

not according to martin brundle My link

Massa was penalised for the subsequent contact because he was looking in his mirror and so was deemed to have seen the other car.

That is nonsense - at 180mph, you have to look in your mirror and make a split-second judgement call as to whether it is your corner or not depending on exactly where the other car is.

I wrote this column on the plane back from Delhi and around me were drivers and team principals, along with other people I respect, and nobody can understand the Massa drive-through penalty.

not according to martin brundle My link

I'm no Hamilton or Massa fan but push comes to shove it was Massas fault.

I'm not saying it was deliberate. A racing incident at best.

Both teams need to sit these 2 down and sort things out. Their comings together are all too frequent now.

I'm no Hamilton or Massa fan but push comes to shove it was Massas fault.

I'm not saying it was deliberate. A racing incident at best.

Both teams need to sit these 2 down and sort things out. Their comings together are all too frequent now.

i think it was a racing incident. but they need to sort out the issues between them before something more serious happens.

i think it was a racing incident. but they need to sort out the issues between them before something more serious happens.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

A major crash is likely if they keep clashing like this. So far it lost wings etc. but how bad would they feel if they injured the other?

Rumours of Nico Rosberg going to Ferrari in place of Massa.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Nico-Rosberg-of-Mercedes-GP-eyeing-shift-to-Ferrari-for-2012-Formula-1-news-a108609

If its true then it'll force Force Indias hand in the 3 way battle for their 2 seats. di Resta and Hulkenberg are favourites but if Rosberg does go then I'd imagine di Resta will be off to Mercedes. :thumbsup:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Rumours of Nico Rosberg going to Ferrari in place of Massa.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Nico-Rosberg-of-Mercedes-GP-eyeing-shift-to-Ferrari-for-2012-Formula-1-news-a108609

If its true then it'll force Force Indias hand in the 3 way battle for their 2 seats. di Resta and Hulkenberg are favourites but if Rosberg does go then I'd imagine di Resta will be off to Mercedes. :thumbsup:

This could be a result for Di Resta. Mercedes are investing heavily in this team are recruiting a lot of top guys.

This could be a result for Di Resta. Mercedes are investing heavily in this team are recruiting a lot of top guys.

True. :thumbsup:

di Resta is a Mercedes protege and Norbert Haug rates him very highly. :thumbsup:

It would also leave Sutil free to stay at Force India. Where would Massa end up? The scrapheap?

williams have confirmed they are in talks with kimi to drive for them next year

If he signs then I'd imagine Barrichello is out.

Excellent career though. :thumbsup:

If he signs then I'd imagine Barrichello is out.

Excellent career though. :thumbsup:

agree, hopefully if kimi does come back he has the desire and the car to fight at the right end of the grid

agree, hopefully if kimi does come back he has the desire and the car to fight at the right end of the grid

Williams should be at the front imo.

Perhaps Kimi is the man to push them forward.

Have Williams got Renault engines for next season? Could be interesting.

would Massa end up? The scrapheap?

His contract is up at the end of next season and I really don't see him there after that.

Di Resta will be a Force India driver next season but hopefully gets a Mercedes seat after that.

His contract is up at the end of next season and I really don't see him there after that.

Di Resta will be a Force India driver next season but hopefully gets a Mercedes seat after that.

Rumour has it both di Resta and Hulkenberg are signed for next season at Force India.

Mercedes are want di Resta though so if he hasn't signed yet.......

Prince Buaben

Rumour has it both di Resta and Hulkenberg are signed for next season at Force India.

Mercedes are want di Resta though so if he hasn't signed yet.......

Wont that be for 2013 though as Schumacher has 1 year left. So ideally he would go at the end of next year leaving a seat avaliable for Mercedes Protoge Di Resta.

Wont that be for 2013 though as Schumacher has 1 year left. So ideally he would go at the end of next year leaving a seat avaliable for Mercedes Protoge Di Resta.

Yeah but rumours are going around about Rosberg to Ferrari next season.

Mercedes will want di Resta next season if thats the case.

Inspector Rex

Rosberg's just signed a contract extension with Mercedes, looks like it'll be 2013 for PDR then.

Vettel flying into the crash barrier again

Good to see the BBC discussing one of my tweets regarding qualifying

:verysmug:

Starky knows his shit

I am going to F1 in Abu Dhabi on Sunday - not a big fan but since it is 3 miles from the house it should be worth a look

I'm jealous

Archived