Official Formula 1 2011 Uber Thread

Guest juvehearts

I disagree. i think Hamilton is the most exciting driver currently in the sport. He doesn't do anything Senna wouldn't have done. The idea of banning because you are in front of the Stewards three time is not a good idea. You could be up three times and found not guilty on each occasion for starters. I think Hamilton had every right to have a go today, he didn't deliberately cause in the incident, and I for one think e was very unlucky to get penalised. Had his name been Shumacher there would have been no penalty. When he got penalise in Monaco he should not have been, Massa turned into Hamilton on that occasion.

To clarify as i didnt make it clear in my post, I meant if the driver is found guilty 3 times he should received a ban.

In yesterdays race, although drivers have a right to have a go, in Hamiltons case he had no overtaking opportunity at that point as was on the outside line turning in. To have his front wing connect with Massa's rear tyre when turning he either doesn't know the size of his car (hard to believe) or is just not paying proper attention. I accept mishaps can happen and this was a mishap but with Hamilton they appear to be nearly every race.

When your fellow professionals start to publicly slate you, which is reasonably rare in F1, it must tell him there is something wrong. Especially when its Massa who is regarded as one of the more level headed guys.

You mention Schumacher would not have got a penalty. You are absolutely right, but, IMO not because he wouldn't have been in the wrong. As good a driver is Schumacher is (was) he got away with a huge amount of wreckless driving IMO that others would not have done, purely because at that point Ferrari dominated the sport and had huge influence on the FIA. (A coincedence Jean Todt then became President of FIA?).

It has always appeared they both seem to have this opinion that they are more important than anyone else. The only thing I would add is Schumacher's driving meant for a long time he was, Hamilton IMO isnt even the best driver currently on track far less his generation.

Nonsense.

The coming together with Massa was one of those things. He locked up his front left just before he hit him. The drive through was harsh.

Massa will be embarrassed when he watches the race after his rant.

As for the race itself it wasn't the worst race i've seen but the safety car spoiled it. They should have allowed the backmarkers through. Vettel just disappeared up the road because he didn't have a challenge.

Fantastic drive by di Resta. Kept his head and brought the car home. I think the big boys will be sniffing around. :thumbsup:

Just to make sure my recollection was correct i just re-watched the highlight of the crash. I couldnt see any tyre smoke / tyre lock up and even if he did the car continues in the direction you are travelling - straight on. The contact was made as he changed direction part the way through the corner. To be a racing incident no parties are to blame, in this case Hamilton hit Massa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15052980.stm

I agree its not the worst he has done this season and he was a bit unlucky previously in the season with the Button incident but this one is another tally mark to the growing list of indescretions. I think if he had only a few of these "mistakes" people wouldn't mind. The fact it nearly every race irritates even his fellow proffesionals as he is destroying the race of others. Seven or eight times in front of the stewards this season alone :blink: .

Maybe he should give stock car racing a shot :D

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your probably right but say Hamilton leaves McLaren for Red Bull then it might just happen.

Next season will be interesting when drivers start signing for new teams.

Alonso and _________@ Ferrari.

Vettel and _________@ Red Bull.

Hamilton and _______@ McLaren.

Rosberg and ________@ Mercedes.

4 seats available at the big 4. So Button di Resta Kubica if he comes back and A.N other.

Interesting.

hamilton wont go to red bull if vettel is still there and for next season hasn't webber signed for another year with red bull?

To clarify as i didnt make it clear in my post, I meant if the driver is found guilty 3 times he should received a ban.

In yesterdays race, although drivers have a right to have a go, in Hamiltons case he had no overtaking opportunity at that point as was on the outside line turning in. To have his front wing connect with Massa's rear tyre when turning he either doesn't know the size of his car (hard to believe) or is just not paying proper attention. I accept mishaps can happen and this was a mishap but with Hamilton they appear to be nearly every race.

When your fellow professionals start to publicly slate you, which is reasonably rare in F1, it must tell him there is something wrong. Especially when its Massa who is regarded as one of the more level headed guys.

You mention Schumacher would not have got a penalty. You are absolutely right, but, IMO not because he wouldn't have been in the wrong. As good a driver is Schumacher is (was) he got away with a huge amount of wreckless driving IMO that others would not have done, purely because at that point Ferrari dominated the sport and had huge influence on the FIA. (A coincedence Jean Todt then became President of FIA?).

It has always appeared they both seem to have this opinion that they are more important than anyone else. The only thing I would add is Schumacher's driving meant for a long time he was, Hamilton IMO isnt even the best driver currently on track far less his generation.

Just to make sure my recollection was correct i just re-watched the highlight of the crash. I couldnt see any tyre smoke / tyre lock up and even if he did the car continues in the direction you are travelling - straight on. The contact was made as he changed direction part the way through the corner. To be a racing incident no parties are to blame, in this case Hamilton hit Massa.

I agree its not the worst he has done this season and he was a bit unlucky previously in the season with the Button incident but this one is another tally mark to the growing list of indescretions. I think if he had only a few of these "mistakes" people wouldn't mind. The fact it nearly every race irritates even his fellow proffesionals as he is destroying the race of others. Seven or eight times in front of the stewards this season alone :blink: .

Watch the incident again. He locks up just before he hits Massa.

I'm no Hamilton fan but I think some of the flack he gets is way over the top. The incident with Massa wouldn't even have been talked about if Massa didn't get a puncture. His crash at Spa with Kobayashi was his fault though.The incident with Maldonado was Maldonado spitting the dummy out. I can't really remember much about the rest. I admit he seems to get needlessly involved in stupid spats.

Stock car racing might just suit him though. :lol:

hamilton wont go to red bull if vettel is still there and for next season hasn't webber signed for another year with red bull?

I'm on about 2013. Next season is when it'll all start kicking off. :thumbsup:

Your probably right but say Hamilton leaves McLaren for Red Bull then it might just happen.

Next season will be interesting when drivers start signing for new teams.

Alonso and _________@ Ferrari.

Vettel and _________@ Red Bull.

Hamilton and _______@ McLaren.

Rosberg and ________@ Mercedes.

4 seats available at the big 4. So Button di Resta Kubica if he comes back and A.N other.

Interesting.

Think thats more 2013 than 2012.

IF Kubica comes back okay then he will end up at Ferrari. Think McLaren are enjoying the all British driver line up and may try and Sign Di Resta if Button leaves. Schumachers contract is up at the end of next year so there is a seat up for grabs at Mercedes. A button return there? or a German driver such as Sutil or a Vettel :ninja: who was Mercedes target before they signed Schumacher.

Yes the Big 4 as you would have them. Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes will have the same driver combination as this season.

Think thats more 2013 than 2012.

IF Kubica comes back okay then he will end up at Ferrari. Think McLaren are enjoying the all British driver line up and may try and Sign Di Resta if Button leaves. Schumachers contract is up at the end of next year so there is a seat up for grabs at Mercedes. A button return there? or a German driver such as Sutil or a Vettel :ninja: who was Mercedes target before they signed Schumacher.

Yes the Big 4 as you would have them. Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes will have the same driver combination as this season.

Kubica is the key. even if he does come back will he be the same?

Red Bull will keep Vettel if they're still at the top. Maybe Button to partner him?

Kubica at ferrari if he comes back. If not him then Perez?

Rosberg and di Resta at Mercedes.

Hamilton and ? at McLaren. Hulkenberg?

Re the Hamilton incident. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that the reason Massa was so would up was because of Hamilton's behaviour in qualifying. I personally think the guy is out of control in terms of his emotions on the track, and as mentioned by his father today he was the only manager without a personal manager with him in Singapore as he is now managed by Simon Fuller's organization. So he has no imput or support outside of the team to talk to.

Kubica is the key. even if he does come back will he be the same?

Red Bull will keep Vettel if they're still at the top. Maybe Button to partner him?

Kubica at ferrari if he comes back. If not him then Perez?

Rosberg and di Resta at Mercedes.

Hamilton and ? at McLaren. Hulkenberg?

Thats the million dollar question is how Kubica is going to be when he comes back. Will the accident restrict him mentally when it comes to tight situations or overtakes?

Where does Webber go from Red Bull?

Re the Hamilton incident. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that the reason Massa was so would up was because of Hamilton's behaviour in qualifying. I personally think the guy is out of control in terms of his emotions on the track, and as mentioned by his father today he was the only manager without a personal manager with him in Singapore as he is now managed by Simon Fuller's organization. So he has no imput or support outside of the team to talk to.

Forgot about qualifying. What was the reason he wanted past Massa so quickly?

Surely if the McLaren need a quick out lap to warm the tyres then he could have hung back and then went for it.

But was Massa deliberately blocking him?

Anyway I think him sacking his dad as his manager has affected him.

Thats the million dollar question is how Kubica is going to be when he comes back. Will the accident restrict him mentally when it comes to tight situations or overtakes?

Where does Webber go from Red Bull?

I can't see Kubica coming back. I hope I'm wrong though.

Webber will end up at Williams or Force India. He's had his chance but isn't ready to finish his career just yet. He may decide to quit and concentrate on management.

Forgot about qualifying. What was the reason he wanted past Massa so quickly?

Surely if the McLaren need a quick out lap to warm the tyres then he could have hung back and then went for it.

But was Massa deliberately blocking him?

Anyway I think him sacking his dad as his manager has affected him.

Think his dad was a calming influence on him also think there was wee bit of a fall out when he sacked him.

Think his dad was a calming influence on him also think there was wee bit of a fall out when he sacked him.

He should bite the bullet and get him back.

He never had this many incidents when he 1st arrived in F1.

He should bite the bullet and get him back.

He never had this many incidents when he 1st arrived in F1.

That's because he was out in front... You'll not be involved in accidents if your leading

That's because he was out in front... You'll not be involved in accidents if your leading

True but he wasn't always leading.

But if they tried to change him/curb his overtaking then F1 would be poorer for it.

True but he wasn't always leading.

But if they tried to change him/curb his overtaking then F1 would be poorer for it.

I agree with you mate bit he was a lot closer to the front - he is the most exciting driver in f1 without a doubt but the mclaren just hasn't been giving him the opportunity to compete for championships the lat few years so he is rushing opportunities and making mistakes...

I agree with you mate bit he was a lot closer to the front - he is the most exciting driver in f1 without a doubt but the mclaren just hasn't been giving him the opportunity to compete for championships the lat few years so he is rushing opportunities and making mistakes...

Yeah. Or he isn't as good a racer as is made out. :whistling:

---

I still strongly disagree. At what point do you say guilty three times - three drives throughs, where each of them are debatable - all you will get is litigation.

Hamilton did have an opportunity, it may have been slim but it was a chance, these guys are making split second decisions.

"but with Hamilton they appear to be nearly every race." - Not true, unless you think 10% of his races are nearly every race.

At least you agree on the Schumi front - that in itself proves the idea of a ban to be unacceptable.

I think put Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel in the same car - you will have some contest, Schumi wasn't IMO so dominant because of his ability, he had the best car for years, and he got every break going. Also there were not three, maybe even four top notch drivers like there are now.

"When your fellow professionals start to publicly slate you, which is reasonably rare in F1, it must tell him there is something wrong. Especially when its Massa who is regarded as one of the more level headed guys."

Lots of F1 drivers have slated others, the most famous being Prost Vs Senna - was there something wrong there. Hill slating Shumacher, Webber slating Vettel, Schumacher slating Coulthard. etc etc.

I think put Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel in the same car - you will have some contest, Schumi wasn't IMO so dominant because of his ability, he had the best car for years, and he got every break going. Also there were not three, maybe even four top notch drivers like there are now.

Alonso is probably the most gifted out of the 3.

"but with Hamilton they appear to be nearly every race." - Not true, unless you think 10% of his races are nearly every race.

Australian Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Impeding Vitaly Petrov during Q2. Warning

Malaysian Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Made more than one change of direction to defend a position. Drive through penalty (20 secs added to elapsed time)

Chinese Grand Prix

Turkish Grand Prix

Spanish Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) The driver set his personal best sector time in Sector 2 while yellow flags were displayed at turn 4. Reprimand

Monaco Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Q3 time removed for cutting a chicane

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Caused a collision with car 6 (Massa), drive through penalty

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Caused a collision with car 12, (Maldonado) drive through penalty post race, 20 seconds added to elapsed time

Canadian Grand Prix

- Incident involving Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) and Jenson Button (McLaren) No further action

European Grand Prix

British Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) and Mark Webber (Red Bull) Used DRS in wet during FP1, no action taken

German Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Speeding in the pitlane during Friday FP, fined ?1200

Hungarian Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Spin on track causing Paul di Resta to take evasive action, drive through penalty

Belgian Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Causing a collision with car 12, reprimand

Italian Grand Prix

Singapore Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Causing a collision with car 6 (Massa), drive through penalty

Hamilton has managed to avoid a chat with the stewards in 4 of 13 races this season.

He has a 70% strike rate this season for being pulled up for something.

Although 2 were no further action. 1 was because the crash put him out the race so there was no point. (with Button)

Of the racing incident type -

5 collisions with other cars in 13 races. Nearly a 40% "strike" rate (and nearly getting Di Resta for a 6th)

5 collisions in last 9 races.

EDIT: Noticed that list omits him hitting Webber in Canada. 6 collisions in 13 races, 6 collisions in last 9 races ohmy.gif

The only reason its lower across his career is when he had the best car and was winning races there was nothing for him to hit when he was in the lead. Blue flags meant people got out his way before he had a chance to hit them. laugh.gif

Australian Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Impeding Vitaly Petrov during Q2. Warning

Malaysian Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Made more than one change of direction to defend a position. Drive through penalty (20 secs added to elapsed time)

Chinese Grand Prix

Turkish Grand Prix

Spanish Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) The driver set his personal best sector time in Sector 2 while yellow flags were displayed at turn 4. Reprimand

Monaco Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Q3 time removed for cutting a chicane

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Caused a collision with car 6 (Massa), drive through penalty

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Caused a collision with car 12, (Maldonado) drive through penalty post race, 20 seconds added to elapsed time

Canadian Grand Prix

- Incident involving Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) and Jenson Button (McLaren) No further action

European Grand Prix

British Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) and Mark Webber (Red Bull) Used DRS in wet during FP1, no action taken

German Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Speeding in the pitlane during Friday FP, fined ?1200

Hungarian Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Spin on track causing Paul di Resta to take evasive action, drive through penalty

Belgian Grand Prix

Italian Grand Prix

Singapore Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Causing a collision with car 6 (Massa), drive through penalty

Hamilton has managed to avoid a chat with the stewards in 4 of 13 races this season.

He has a 70% strike rate this season for being pulled up for something.

Although 2 were no further action. 1 was because the crash put him out the race so there was no point. (with Button)

5 collisions with other cars in 13 races. Nearly a 40% "strike" rate (and nearly getting Di Resta for a 6th)

EDIT: Noticed that list omits him hitting Webber in Canada. 6 collisions in 13 races, 6 collisions in last 9 races ohmy.gif

The only reason its lower across his career is when he had the best car and was winning races there was nothing for him to hit when he was in the lead. Blue flags meant people got out his way before he had a chance to hit them. laugh.gif

Thats quite a charge sheet eh? :lol:

Australian Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Impeding Vitaly Petrov during Q2. Warning (NOT A RACE)

Malaysian Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Made more than one change of direction to defend a position. Drive through penalty (20 secs added to elapsed time) Amazing, only LH get's penalised for this, yet others do it and get no penatly

Chinese Grand Prix Did he not wave at someone the wrong way that day?

Turkish Grand Prix

Spanish Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) The driver set his personal best sector time in Sector 2 while yellow flags were displayed at turn 4. Reprimand - Yes, but he did lift off and slow down, the telemetry proved that did it not?

Monaco Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Q3 time removed for cutting a chicane Not in the race

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Caused a collision with car 6 (Massa), drive through penalty - (YEAH and everyone knows it was Massa who turned into Hamilton)

Canadian Grand Prix

- Incident involving Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) and Jenson Button (McLaren) No further action but you think he should be penalised?

European Grand Prix

British Grand Prix

German Grand Prix

Hungarian Grand Prix

- Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) Spin on track causing Paul di Resta to take evasive action, drive through penalty - LH gets a penalty for a slight error - is that fair?

Belgian Grand Prix

Italian Grand Prix

Singapore Grand Prix

Hamilton has managed to avoid a chat with the stewards in 4 of 13 races this season. Vettel has probably had a chat with the stewards in every race he won this season, so what?

He has a 70% strike rate this season for being pulled up for something. - How do you work out 70% strike rate?

The only reason its lower across his career is when he had the best car (He never had the best car - Ferrari had a better car when he won the World Championship, and that was one season) and was winning races there was nothing for him to hit when he was in the lead. Blue flags meant people got out his way before he had a chance to hit them. laugh.gif

My goodness, you have been busy, but a wee problem with your argument, former world champion Lewis Hamilton has driven more than 13 races, and driven more than one season.

Some incidents were not in races, no case to answer, and you even pick out one where he was not called up for anything !

Poor Lewis - how can he cope with all you people picking on him. I think you just don't like him. Put Vettel in similar positions to hamilton, you'll get a similar outcome, take them and Alonso out of F1 and... racing becomes timid.

My goodness, you have been busy, (copy and paste is great thumbsup.gif) but a wee problem with your argument, former world champion Lewis Hamilton has driven more than 13 races, and driven more than one season. (My last paragraph, when out in front he had no one he could hit thumbsup.gif)

Some incidents were not in races, no case to answer, and you even pick out one where he was not called up for anything ! (but he still has 6 collisions in last 9 races, you could argue he is getting more wreckless the longer he drives smile.gif. I actually think in his first season he was reasonably humble and reserved. Since then he started to get a bit above himself. People like Vettel and Alonso are aggressive, it does't mean you have to crash into people, not admit your wrong and pretend its everyone else's fault).

Poor Lewis - how can he cope with all you people picking on him. I think you just don't like him (maybe, laugh.gif). Put Vettel in similar positions to hamilton, you'll get a similar outcome, take them and Alonso out of F1 and... racing becomes timid. (from the fhe full list of indiscretions Alonso isn't on it much and he has been mixing it in the field the same as Hamilton, i dont think Vettel is on it at all)

Maybe not having an agent around or having a team principle who has a backbone to tell him to get a grip doesn't help him. The excuses Whitmarsh keeps peddling out are pityfull. He was praising him yesterday because he didn't hit anyone in the 1st corner. i think that's meant to be the rules anyway blink.gif

Its hard to imagine someone hasn't pointed out how he might have more points and the team alot less scrap carbon fibre if he stopped putting his car where it shouldn't be.

I did actually think in his 1st season he was going to be good for the sport generally but he is now irritating and lets be honest you must also be able to grind on people in an extra special way when a fellow professional drives his car at you at 150 mph and risks serious injury (Maldanado, Spa, Q2). laugh.gif

Even Jackie Stewart is getting stuck into him today in the press. Poor Lewis indeed.

As with everything its all about opinions.

Vetted crashed plenty of times when he wasn't leading from the front - remember how he somehow speared into the side of JB at spa last year ?, as has alonso- yes he has had far too many accidents this year.. but not all of them were his fault and some of the stewards decisions have been baffling at best - for example if Hamilton did what schumi did to him at monza he'd have been hammered..

You raise the perfect example in Maldonado - he should have been banned for what he did at spa for 2 races minimum...IF Hamilton had done it he'd be hung drawn and quartered.. I get that he is irritating, but I can also see why the guy is frustrated.

• 2 weeks later...

Vettel once again on pole. The Red Bull looks unstoppable. :thumbsup:

What was Hamilton playing at? He let Webber and Schumi get past and then blames them because he can't get his flying lap started. Odd.

He needs to sort his head out. A brilliant driver but showing signs that all is not well.

di Resta done well to get 12th at his 1st visit to Suzuka. Just behind Sutil is no mean feat. :thumbsup:

Hamilton said "Jenson was in front of me and he slowed down to get his gap. I was coming up to the last corner to make sure I had a gap between me and him. It wasn't that big. Just as I was coming into the chicane I looked in my mirror and I saw Mark diving up the inside of me. And then I saw.....I didn't even see Michael as I gave Mark room but he nearly crashed on me on the left so it was quite dangerous. I don't know what the hell he was doing but he went off onto the grass. It was just the most ridiculous thing I've ever experienced in qualifing"

Now I've stuck up for Hamilton before but I can't this time.

Why was Hamilton just cruising when time was tight? Webber just made it and Schumacher didn't so what was he thinking?

Luckily it didn't result in an accident or any change to the standings.

If he'd just hold up his hands and say I made an erse of that then we'd all forget about it and move on. But its never his fault.

I think he has held his hands up curahee and said it was his fault that he didn't get a 2nd time in...

Has he? Fair enough then. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

Has he? Fair enough then. :thumbsup:

Yeah he did mate, said he made an arse of it - whitmarsh said it was the teams fault Hamilton rejected that...

Re your earlier point - I agree he's not in a good place this season... He's not a good loser at all hence some of the kamikaze stuff... I still love watching the guy tho... He is the best in f1 IMO but desperation to get it the title fight has meant he's lost patience and made schoolboy errors

Yeah he did mate, said he made an arse of it - whitmarsh said it was the teams fault Hamilton rejected that...

Re your earlier point - I agree he's not in a good place this season... He's not a good loser at all hence some of the kamikaze stuff... I still love watching the guy tho... He is the best in f1 IMO but desperation to get it the title fight has meant he's lost patience and made schoolboy errors

At least he's done that. :thumbsup:

He would be rubbish if he was a good loser. If he was a good loser F1 would be poorer. I like watching him too but he isn't the best in F1. No point in arguing about it though as we've all went over it before. We'll no get anywhere. :thumbsup:

A few drivers are ill too. di Resta and Perez. They'll be hating it at a track like Suzuka that needs 100% concentration.

Should be a good race though. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

Yeah should be mate.. I would really like to see what di resta could do at a top team... Hoped he'd get a chance at mclaren but button there or the long haul now... Mercedes look to have strengthened seriously and with his history there looks like he could eventually get a seat there

Yeah should be mate.. I would really like to see what di resta could do at a top team... Hoped he'd get a chance at mclaren but button there or the long haul now... Mercedes look to have strengthened seriously and with his history there looks like he could eventually get a seat there

I think Mercedes will have a look after next season.

Schumi will retire again and they'll snap him up.

Hopefully it'll be a true front running car by then. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

Honestly once again vettel mega aggressive of the start, chopping both ways several times to the the point of being dangerous... I honestly believe if Hamilton did that it'd be a penalty of some sort...how many times has the finger got away with that this season ...

Honestly once again vettel mega aggressive of the start, chopping both ways several times to the the point of being dangerous... I honestly believe if Hamilton did that it'd be a penalty of some sort...how many times has the finger got away with that this season ...

It wasn't that bad. Watch the on board footage from Vettels car and he doesn't do much wrong.

Buttons comment before the podium was quite funny. "Is this how we're racing now"

Not too bad a race. Force Indias tyres were shot by the end. They finished in exactly the same positions they started. Taking a gamble would be the thing to do.

Hamilton and Massa touching once again. I don't think Hamilton realised Massa was there.

kingantti1874

I disagree mate - he has done it on numerous occasion this years, the rules are clear - one defensive movement and I don't buy it that that rule doesn't apply the first corner. It's dangerous IMO..

I do like jenson - he seems to be getting better and better

I disagree mate - he has done it on numerous occasion this years, the rules are clear - one defensive movement and I don't buy it that that rule doesn't apply the first corner. It's dangerous IMO..

I do like jenson - he seems to be getting better and better

We'll agree to disagree. :thumbsup:

I never really rated Button. I always put him down as a DC type driver. Good but not brilliant. But at Belgium this year seeing him fight through the field gave me a new appreciation of him. He is a world class driver. :thumbsup:

Also showing Hamilton the way home too.

kingantti1874

We'll agree to disagree. :thumbsup:

I never really rated Button. I always put him down as a DC type driver. Good but not brilliant. But at Belgium this year seeing him fight through the field gave me a new appreciation of him. He is a world class driver. :thumbsup:

Also showing Hamilton the way home too.

Totally agree always thought he was midfield at best but a nice guy... I think he had improved immensely this year

Hello F1 car racing people. Apologies for crashing your thread but need to buy a relative a pressie and was hoping you might be able to assist. Want to buy him a book (a good read though) of some sort and given he's an F1 nut I thought it might be an idea to find out if you could recommend anything.

Bit of a long shot but I haven't a clue about such things and don't want to buy something crap if advice is available which will help me find something he'll really like. Any ideas most welcome. :)

Hello F1 car racing people. Apologies for crashing your thread but need to buy a relative a pressie and was hoping you might be able to assist. Want to buy him a book (a good read though) of some sort and given he's an F1 nut I thought it might be an idea to find out if you could recommend anything.

Bit of a long shot but I haven't a clue about such things and don't want to buy something crap if advice is available which will help me find something he'll really like. Any ideas most welcome. :)

I had one recommended to me earlier this year, but still haven't actually got it yet. :blink:

BURNING RUBBER - Charles Jennings

It's the history of Formula 1, from the start of motor sport, right up to present day.

It's available from Amazon, and has some good reviews, but I'm not sure if a history of the sport is what you're after?

If not, you could look at the many biographies of some of the great Gand Prix drivers past and present such as.

Juan Manuel Fangio

Graham Hill

Stirling Moss

Jim Clark

Jackie Stewart

Michael Schumacher

Ayrton Senna

Hope this helps :thumb:

I don't know about books, havent red any f1 books the 'senna' movie recently released on Bly ray and DVD was immense

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B0057DI0AC

I had one recommended to me earlier this year, but still haven't actually got it yet. :blink:

BURNING RUBBER - Charles Jennings

It's the history of Formula 1, from the start of motor sport, right up to present day.

It's available from Amazon, and has some good reviews, but I'm not sure if a history of the sport is what you're after?

If not, you could look at the many biographies of some of the great Gand Prix drivers past and present such as.

Juan Manuel Fangio

Graham Hill

Stirling Moss

Jim Clark

Jackie Stewart

Michael Schumacher

Ayrton Senna

Hope this helps :thumb:

Can't believe I didn't think of Senna, even I want to see that....and the book suggestion above sounds perfect. Think I'll go with both.

Thanks loads :)thumbsup.gif

Prince Buaben

Can't believe I didn't think of Senna, even I want to see that....and the book suggestion above sounds perfect. Think I'll go with both.

Thanks loads :)thumbsup.gif

Senna is out on DVD today

Korean G.P. This weekend. :thumbsup:

The McLarens 1.5 seconds quicker than anyone else in the wet this morning.

di Resta was 3rd quickest in 1st practice in his 1st ever visit. No bad eh? He ended 10th in 2nd practice.

Lots of complaining about the pit exit. Teams reckon its dangerous. I wonder if they'll change it?

Korean G.P. This weekend. :thumbsup:

The McLarens 1.5 seconds quicker than anyone else in the wet this morning.

di Resta was 3rd quickest in 1st practice in his 1st ever visit. No bad eh? He ended 10th in 2nd practice.

Lots of complaining about the pit exit. Teams reckon its dangerous. I wonder if they'll change it?

i read something earlier that they will have a blue light on the pit exit if there is a car approaching

i read something earlier that they will have a blue light on the pit exit if there is a car approaching

I wonder if that'll make much difference.

What chance Massa and Hamilton tangle there?

kingantti1874

Yeah but its only delaying the inevitable.

Don't think so mate... Mclaren had the legs on them easily last week...

Don't think so mate... Mclaren had the legs on them easily last week...

The McLarens do look good. Especially Hamilton.

But the Red Bulls have been saving tyres for the race. That should be the key.

kingantti1874

Only 1 set more,macs have looked quicker over short and long runs... Think it depends who gets ink first corner 1st... Mclaren 1-2 IMO

Archived