Official Formula 1 2011 Uber Thread

Guest juvehearts

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Vettel is now the fastest F1 driver round the Top Gear track. Beat Ruben by 0.3 seconds.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massa had gained the position and therefore was past Hamilton. So not sure if the 'racing line' excuse can be used. Hamilton saw him and still just careered into him. He even admitted afterwards that there was 'No way he was giving up 4th'

But no point in discussing it as Hamilton will get away with it.

It's an interesting interpretation. There were a few different moves in this overtaking scenario. but from my seat in the living room it looked like Massa turned into Hamilton, again, as he did in Monaco where incredibly Hamilton got penalised. Then of course Massa had four wheels off the track, so if there had been any lost places it would have been Massa, not Hamilton.

Schumi, I think he deserved his penalty.

kingantti1874

Massa had gained the position and therefore was past Hamilton. So not sure if the 'racing line' excuse can be used. Hamilton saw him and still just careered into him. He even admitted afterwards that there was 'No way he was giving up 4th'

But no point in discussing it as Hamilton will get away with it.

He hadn't, if your going round the outside you can't be half way up and turn in... Hamilton gets blamed for things regardless of circumstance these days.. Ps the comment at the end, in comparison to other drivers Hamilton gets away with very little... Saying that, he brings it in himself by being a mouthy gobshite

F1 continuing to show how pish it's become.

Only the weather can make it interesting.

Plus Lewis being told to slow down as he might not finish the race.

Racing?

:facepalm:

Slow down.

:facepalm:

F1 - more like a game of chess these days.

jambos are go!

Somebody has a wheel fall off and another gets stuck in the pits and its one the most exiting races for ages. Tells you all you need to know.

chester copperpot

Vettel is now the fastest F1 driver round the Top Gear track. Beat Ruben by 0.3 seconds.

Aye but remember Hamiltons lap was only 0.7 slower and he did it in the wet.

I genuinely think Hamilton has the pace of all the racers in F1, whether he has the temperament or not is another question, but he's definitely fast.

I genuinely think Hamilton has the pace of all the racers in F1, whether he has the temperament or not is another question, but he's definitely fast.

I just have a hunch that next season we'll see Hamilton and Webber swapping positions. Hamilton needs a better car and Webber needs away from Horner.

I actually think there have been too many penalties this season - I've not been a fan of Schumaker in the past, but to me he was penalised for having a go yesterday. A wet track caught him out under braking, I don't think it was an unreasonable pass for him to attempt after building up a head of steam using the DRS thing. If drivers continually get penalised for that, F1 will revert back to being a sport that is all about qualification on a Saturday and a procession on a Sunday.

My Left Nut

I just have a hunch that next season we'll see Hamilton and Webber swapping positions. Hamilton needs a better car and Webber needs away from Horner..

Now that is something I would like to see, I like Webber and think he deserves to be treated better. Now Seb and Hamilton in the same care would be amazing, the 2 fastest drivers in the sport! :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Now that is something I would like to see, I like Webber and think he deserves to be treated better. Now Seb and Hamilton in the same care would be amazing, the 2 fastest drivers in the sport! :thumbsup:

I would love to see it myself, I'd even go as far to say I'd give my left nut to see it. :laugh:

kingantti1874

i think wed all love to see that as it would give him a chance to answer the doubters... wont happen tho as RBR is very much seb's team - also lets not forget mclaren and ferrari are still by a long way the biggest teams in F1, in every regard - no way mclaren will go into a formula 1 season with button and webber as their 2 drivers...

Saying that i think webber may move on, i actually think di resta could be given webbers seat if he continues to perform as he has.... young, lightening quick and a humble guy...

the biggest problem for every other team is adrian newey - the guy is always 1 step ahead... martin whitmarsh should be fired immediately for taking mclaren down a path where he could no longer continue.

i think wed all love to see that as it would give him a chance to answer the doubters... wont happen tho as RBR is very much seb's team - also lets not forget mclaren and ferrari are still by a long way the biggest teams in F1, in every regard - no way mclaren will go into a formula 1 season with button and webber as their 2 drivers...

Saying that i think webber may move on, i actually think di resta could be given webbers seat if he continues to perform as he has.... young, lightening quick and a humble guy...

the biggest problem for every other team is adrian newey - the guy is always 1 step ahead... martin whitmarsh should be fired immediately for taking mclaren down a path where he could no longer continue.

I doubt di Resta will get Webbers seat. Don't get me wrong he is definately good enough and fast enough but as you say its Sebs team and di Resta has already beat him in equal machinery.

But driver changes are afoot in F1 at the moment.

Hamilton saying he'll be only signing a contract on his terms won't be tolerated at McLaren. They've got rid of drivers before. Webber almost going against the team orders yesterday tell me there's 2 drivers on the move. So Hamilton in at Red Bull and Webber to Renault as Kubica won't race again imo. That would free up di Resta for McLaren. His stock is rising fast and all the big boys will be sniffing around. Massa and Webber will be moving downwards relatively speaking. I like Webber but he's 34. Teams are looking towards the future.

Somebody has a wheel fall off and another gets stuck in the pits and its one the most exiting races for ages. Tells you all you need to know.

You haven't seen many races this season then. There has only been one boring race, at Valencia, every other race has been good.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Aye but remember Hamiltons lap was only 0.7 slower and he did it in the wet.

True. If I remember correctly there was also oil on the track when Hamilton did his lap.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juvehearts

oh aye forgot that were in hungary the same time as the formula 1 !!!!!

interesting

juve

Looks like the German GP will be between Alonso and the Redbulls, McLaren look to be half a second off the pace. Did you see Schumacher just about run Alonso off the track in practice, is he becoming a liability?

Shame quali is same time as the match, just need to watch the recording.

Looks like the German GP will be between Alonso and the Redbulls, McLaren look to be half a second off the pace. Did you see Schumacher just about run Alonso off the track in practice, is he becoming a liability?

I'm recording it too. Must remember not to open this thread right after the match. Don't want the result spoilt.

Never noticed Schumacher and Alonso. He's had his time.

kingantti1874

Hammy showing why he is regarded as the quickest man in f1, tremendous performance... Brilliant from

Webber to edge him out, glad that vettel not on front row... Surprised at the reds

Hammy showing why he is regarded as the quickest man in f1, tremendous performance... Brilliant from

Webber to edge him out, glad that vettel not on front row... Surprised at the reds

Should make an interesting race. Vettel will probably still win.

I really hope Webber does but his starts can be poor.

Btw who regards Hamilton as the quickest man in F1?

kingantti1874

Over 1 lap, pretty much every expert I've ever heard mate... Today did button, ex world champ, by 1.1 secs and Alonso and vettel in a car widely accepted as significantly slower.

The best driver in f1, is a whole other debate.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Schumacher had the racing line. Anthony Davidson said the same.

You don't have to let a quicker car past in Practice.

Over 1 lap, pretty much every expert I've ever heard mate... Today did button, ex world champ, by 1.1 secs and Alonso and vettel in a car widely accepted as significantly slower.

The best driver in f1, is a whole other debate.

He is a much better driver than Button anyway. I don't agree he's the fastest. The most aggresive. The best to watch. But not the fastest. Just my opinion.

I'm no Major Hamilton fan but he is good. :thumbsup:

I bumped into him at Brands Hatch a couple of years ago and my estimations of him went up. Everybody wanted a piece of him and he handled it brilliantly. I could have kissed him if I'd wanted to. He was that close. :lol:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

He is a much better driver than Button anyway. I don't agree he's the fastest. The most aggresive. The best to watch. But not the fastest. Just my opinion.

I'm no Major Hamilton fan but he is good. :thumbsup:

I bumped into him at Brands Hatch a couple of years ago and my estimations of him went up. Everybody wanted a piece of him and he handled it brilliantly. I could have kissed him if I'd wanted to. He was that close. :lol:

Hamilton is the fastest. The Top Gear track proved as much.

Only 0.7 secs slower than Vettel despite doing his run on a wet track.

;-)

Schumacher had the racing line. Anthony Davidson said the same.

You don't have to let a quicker car past in Practice.

You don't have to, that is true but good ethics and all that. Schumacher was going slower than pace and,IMO deliberately impeded Alonso. I'm no Alonso fan but Schumi was out of order in this case. Had someone done that to him in his prime.... well who knows what would have happened.

chester copperpot

So who we fancying for today then?

Think for once, the McLaren's wont be as competitive in the race as they were in qualifying. I think Hamiltons lap was exceptional yesterday. Hope I'm wrong though. Let's hope for rain.

So who we fancying for today then?

Think for once, the McLaren's wont be as competitive in the race as they were in qualifying. I think Hamiltons lap was exceptional yesterday. Hope I'm wrong though. Let's hope for rain.

As I said earlier I think Vettel will still win.

I really hope Webber wins but his starts can be rubbish. Did you know Webber hasn't led a single lap this season.

Some rain would be great. Just to mix it up a bit.

I hope Di Resta gets into the points but Sutil seems to have the pace on him this weekend.

vettels starts are good and i think he will be leading after the first couple of corners and will then have a simple race win. alonson will be 2nd hamilton 3rd and webber 4th

chester copperpot

vettels starts are good and i think he will be leading after the first couple of corners and will then have a simple race win. alonson will be 2nd hamilton 3rd and webber 4th

Think you could be right, lets hope it's a cracker.

Porsche super cup is on Eurosport HD at the moment.

The track is damp and its spitting.

Things looking good for the race. :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Porsche super cup is on Eurosport HD at the moment.

The track is damp and its spitting.

Things looking good for the race. :thumbsup:

Cricket for me until the race starts :thumbsup:

Should be an interesting start, with Weber not known for being a good starter, Hamilton has a chance of being in-front at the first bend, but I don't think the length is enough for the inform starter, Alonso to take up 4 places, but he could take Vettel. I think at the end of the first lap the placing will be Hamilton Alonso, Webber Vettel. At the end of the race I think it will be Webber, Alonso, Hamilton. I just have a wee hunch that Vettel has gone a bit off the boil. What I'd like to see at the end would be Hamilton, DiResta and Button on the podium, with Alonso and Vettel getting no points.

Looking forward to this, rain or no rain, DRS could be significant.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I doubt that Vettel will be leading into the 1st corner as it is a very short run to it.

I think Webber will win. He's had Vettel's number all weekend.

If it does rain then it is anybodys and Lewis will fancy his chances.

chester copperpot

Jeez! Hamilton's on fire. Great passing moves.

Just needs to be careful now.

Come on Lewis.

kingantti1874

Good to see the old guard back on the top 2 steps... Hopefully sign of things to come - doubt it tho, the bulls will be on top at Hungary no doubt

Good to see the old guard back on the top 2 steps... Hopefully sign of things to come - doubt it tho, the bulls will be on top at Hungary no doubt

Surely the old guard would be Schumi and Barrichello. :lol:

Excellent race. Vettel was all at sea today. Seems the pressure told.

Funny seeing Alonso getting a lift off Webber. Just like Senna and Mansell.

di Restas luck has got to change shortly. Good race by him considering he was last after the 3rd corner. :thumbsup:

Only a week until Hungary.

Guest juvehearts

supposed to be mclaren's race again this weekend

or jensen's butons as the forcast is wet...................

jenson atm is 16/1 to win.

just placed a fiver on that, ?85 back.

woot woot

juve

kingantti1874

Hmm not sure, weirdly more an more it depends on temperature apparently, if too hot mclaren eats tires, if too cold Ferrari doesn't heat them up quickly enough... Red bull somewhere in the middle... I hope a maclaren wins but I think it'll be an RB or alonso unless it rains

Guest juvehearts

and hey i wouldnt count out a Mercedes or a force 1 India either to be on the podium.

could even be a massa race lol

forgot to add that JB won his 1st race on this track

kingantti1874

and hey i wouldnt count out a Mercedes or a force 1 India either to be on the podium.

could even be a massa race lol

forgot to add that JB won his 1st race on this track

cant see it myself although would be nice to shake it up a bit, i think everyone up to masa was lapped by the front 3 last weekend.... thats a huge difference...

Archived