Official Formula 1 2011 Uber Thread

Guest juvehearts

Guest juvehearts

tomorrow sees the Canadian grand prix.

free practice saw 3 of the British drivers post in the top 10

thats encouraging.

cant wait until tomorrow for quali.

I think we will see a new person on the podium & hoping its de resta.

juve

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tomorrow sees the Canadian grand prix.

free practice saw 3 of the British drivers post in the top 10

thats encouraging.

cant wait until tomorrow for quali.

I think we will see a new person on the podium & hoping its de resta.

juve

Di Resta was 500/1 before the weekend started to win.

I think his odds will have shortened after finishing 6th quickest in 2nd practice. He was 8th after 1st practice. :thumbsup:

I think an e/w bet may be on the cards.

seen their was a massive crash at le monde 24

Allan McNish. Lucky to be alive imo. :thumbsup:

I can't believe they cut away from the last few minutes of qualifying from the MotoGP to go to Canada for the build up to qualifying.

Mclaren wet weather setup - they keep gambling and losing

Button denied they've used the wet weather set up.

Martin Whitmarsh said they did.

Who do we believe?

kingantti1874

Button denied they've used the wet weather set up.

Martin Whitmarsh said they did.

Who do we believe?

You look at the mclaren wing and it's like a barn door compared to the others, I thinks it's not a wet wether set up but mclaren have messed up by bringing a downforce package well In excess of what is required for Canada - whitmarsh said that to cover up the ****up IMO. Mcalren had lowest drag and most powerful engine and kers so it is a monster **** up as Montreal should have been walk in the park for them..

If it does rain though they will be in good shape, through luck more than design

You look at the mclaren wing and it's like a barn door compared to the others, I thinks it's not a wet wether set up but mclaren have messed up by bringing a downforce package well In excess of what is required for Canada - whitmarsh said that to cover up the ****up IMO. Mcalren had lowest drag and most powerful engine and kers so it is a monster **** up as Montreal should have been walk in the park for them..

If it does rain though they will be in good shape, through luck more than design

You don't think that perhaps each driver could have a different set up, one could be on wet one on dry?

There are so many scenarios. It looks like Ferrari and Red Bull are faster than expected by anyone, don't think anybody predicted times in low 13's.

What is it with McLaren and cocking things up? They seem masters of it.

Should be a good race today. Hopefully some rain to spice it up and a safety car or two. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

You don't think that perhaps each driver could have a different set up, one could be on wet one on dry?

There are so many scenarios. It looks like Ferrari and Red Bull are faster than expected by anyone, don't think anybody predicted times in low 13's.

Na mate, mclaren have shed as much downforce as they could but have fecked up by bringing a rear wing with much more drag than rbr or ferrari- whitmarsh has basically said ad much...

If it rains as looks likely they should have alight advantage tho..

kingantti1874

What is it with McLaren and cocking things up? They seem masters of it.

Should be a good race today. Hopefully some rain to spice it up and a safety car or two. :thumbsup:

Yes mate, I think they are trying too hard, overthinking it to be honest, they made a mess of Monaco last week trying to do just one run and got knocked out, unlike ferrari and rbr they are also trying to equally support both drivers when in actual fact they should be supporting Lewis, button is a nice guy but got lucky at brawn but he isn't at the same level as Lewis, Alonso and vetted...

If mclaren want to win they need to start focusing in the needs of 1 driver

chester copperpot

Yes mate, I think they are trying too hard, overthinking it to be honest, they made a mess of Monaco last week trying to do just one run and got knocked out, unlike ferrari and rbr they are also trying to equally support both drivers when in actual fact they should be supporting Lewis, button is a nice guy but got lucky at brawn but he isn't at the same level as Lewis, Alonso and vetted...

Anyone know what the chances of rain are today?

The rain at Silverstone has so far went a huge way to giving Stoner the championship if he manages to keep it upright. Very wet track, not much fun on a bike with 220BHP.

McLaren have always done that. Got to respect that but it does seem crazy.

Looks like they've made the right choice of the wet weather set up though.

Guest juvehearts

maclaren are right to do a wet weather set up

going to be pissing down there today it looks like

we will all see @ 5pm

juve

Guest juvehearts

here we go

rain, racing, safety car, and a british winner.

well 2 out of 4 aint that bad lol

juve

Dave Spacey

Just stuck ?2 on Petrov to win.

Can see there being quite a few accidents so you never know. Should be a good race :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Jordan really grinds my gears with his shite white jeans on.

Guest juvehearts

Jordan really grinds my gears with his shite white jeans on.

makes a change from DC and his white trousers lol

juve

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

ha ha its pissing down with rain

well done maclaren

eddie you were WRONG

juve

The McLarens will have a speed disadvantage running more wing.

And there's no DRS in the wet.

They will have to be cute with when they stop.

Guest juvehearts

hamilton is a total plum

yeah it is coz your black you utter tool

your nothing but an arrogant prick

Bert Le Clos

This safety car shit does my nut in.

The cars are safer than ever and the organisers are totally taking the excitement out of the race.

I don't often agree with Martin Brundle, but he's bang on on this one.

Hamilton is a bit of a dick.

Not only out of this race, but as he's still under investigation it could, potentially, hurt him in the next race as well.

Guest juvehearts

This safety car shit does my nut in.

The cars are safer than ever and the organisers are totally taking the excitement out of the race.

I don't often agree with Martin Brundle, but he's bang on on this one.

eh

vettel just on the radio saying turn 9 - 13 undriveable in the rain

Guest juvehearts

thinking that this will be red flagged after permitted laps if the weather stay's like this

button did well with his tyre choice

absolutely the right decision to bring out the safety car imo

Guest juvehearts

Hamilton is a go-kart racer who somehow stumbled into F1. Very brash and dangerous driver.

wouldnt say that

he is a world champion here at F1.

what he is an adventurous & exciting driver to watch.

he is one of the top drivers in F1, if not the best.

its debatable

Bert Le Clos

eh

Funny, since the cars seem to be still going round the track.

It may not be driveable at 200mph, but it's clearly still driveable. A race in the wet can still be a race, there's as much skill to driving slowly as there is to driving fast.

I'm sure Hamilton won at Silverstone a few years ago in conditions worse than this. Just get on with it.

Bert Le Clos

wouldnt say that

he is a world champion here at F1.

what he is an adventurous & exciting driver to watch.

he is one of the top drivers in F1, if not the best.

its debatable

He's also been in front of the stewards 5 times already this year.

And was involved in 3 incidents before he crashed today.

He's undoubtedly a top driver, but he needs to get his frustration at not having a competitive car under control, because at the moment his desperation is doing him and his team no good.

eh

Button also saying it's undrivable.

Red flagged now.

This was also all at the request of the drivers. They wanted Safety Cars and/or Red Flags used before someone spins out and gets hurt, rather than wait till after a crash. Hard to argue with that.

Guest juvehearts

Funny, since the cars seem to be still going round the track.

It may not be driveable at 200mph, but it's clearly still driveable. A race in the wet can still be a race, there's as much skill to driving slowly as there is to driving fast.

I'm sure Hamilton won at Silverstone a few years ago in conditions worse than this. Just get on with it.

how can that be driveable in that sort of rain?

do you watch the driver tracker on the f1 website & watch the camera view from some of the drivers in real time??

you couldnt see anything.

the f1 cars touch the ground when they race, any sort of water they just slide off ' waterboarding' im sure you have heard of it

aquaplaning happens every time it rains & the drivers become passengers

its just plain daft to say just race, driver safety is paramount.

Bert Le Clos

I'm 10 minutes behind on Sky Plus.

It's pretty bad now, but I still think they were over cautious both starting the race under the safety car.

scottish_chicP

He's also been in front of the stewards 5 times already this year.

And was involved in 3 incidents before he crashed today.

He's undoubtedly a top driver, but he needs to get his frustration at not having a competitive car under control, because at the moment his desperation is doing him and his team no good.

Did you see his "tongue in cheek" comment on the BBC? "Maybe it's because I'm black". I am not a fan of Hamilton I have to say.

Archived