Official Formula 1 2011 Uber Thread

Guest juvehearts

Thats me just arrived home.

What an excellent race that was. :thumbsup:

I was sat at Pouhon. Thats the double left hander on the downhill section in sector 2.

You can see the Red Bulls really are superb around there closely followed by the McLarens.

The only downer on the weekend was being stung twice by a wasp. There were loads of the feckers. One landed on my shoulder on Sunday morning and just started stinging. It couldn't penetrate my jacket but it tried 8 times. It left a wee pool of sting. It then died. :lol:

Am I the only person who thought Hamilton was to blame for the accident? I had a heated debate in the pub that night and the guys I was arguing with were having non of it. I'll watch the race tommorrow and judge for myself but whats everyones thoughts?

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was sat at Pouhon. Thats the double left hander on the downhill section in sector 2.

You can see the Red Bulls really are superb around there closely followed by the McLarens.

The only downer on the weekend was being stung twice by a wasp. There were loads of the feckers. One landed on my shoulder on Sunday morning and just started stinging. It couldn't penetrate my jacket but it tried 8 times. It left a wee pool of sting. It then died. :lol:

Am I the only person who thought Hamilton was to blame for the accident? I had a heated debate in the pub that night and the guys I was arguing with were having non of it. I'll watch the race tommorrow and judge for myself but whats everyones thoughts?

hamilton has apologised and taken responsibility for the crash. I'm with you i thought it was his fault as kobayashi has every right to try to regain his place

chester copperpot

Glad you enjoyed it mate, sounded like a fun weekend, except for those horrible wee blighters. I fecking detest wasps. Evil little bassa's.

Only saw the highlights on Sunday night / Monday morning and have to say I didn't think it was Hamiltons fault, though only saw the incident once on the telly.

hamilton has apologised and taken responsibility for the crash. I'm with you i thought it was his fault as kobayashi has every right to try to regain his place

Hamilton looked like he moved across him. We could only see it on the big screen so I wasn't sure.

Glad he's apologised. :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed it mate, sounded like a fun weekend, except for those horrible wee blighters. I fecking detest wasps. Evil little bassa's.

Only saw the highlights on Sunday night / Monday morning and have to say I didn't think it was Hamiltons fault, though only saw the incident once on the telly.

The wasps were everywhere. Loads of people stung. Don't know why there were so many. It was a godsend when it rained and they fecked off.

chester copperpot

The wasps were everywhere. Loads of people stung. Don't know why there were so many. It was a godsend when it rained and they fecked off.

Told ye :thumbsup:

I had the same problem when I went down to the stock car racing at Skegness a few weeks ago (poor man's formula one :lol:) the *******s were everywhere. I fecking hate wasps.

Told ye :thumbsup:

I had the same problem when I went down to the stock car racing at Skegness a few weeks ago (poor man's formula one :lol:) the *******s were everywhere. I fecking hate wasps.

On Friday it was dry until 5 minutes before the F1 1st session and that theme continued until Sunday when it never rained.

Stay away from Spa then. It was like all the worlds wasps decended for the weekend.

What are wasps for?

• 2 weeks later...

Qualifying about to start at Monza. :thumbsup:

Who'll be on pole today? Hamilton? Button? Webber? Alonso? Or as usual will it be Vettel? He was quickest in 3rd practice this morning so it looks ominous.

As long as its a good race tommorrow. :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Qualifying about to start at Monza. :thumbsup:

Who'll be on pole today? Hamilton? Button? Webber? Alonso? Or as usual will it be Vettel? He was quickest in 3rd practice this morning so it looks ominous.

As long as its a good race tommorrow. :thumbsup:

Not been following much of the practise times for Monza this weekend. What's the predictions weather wise?

Not been following much of the practise times for Monza this weekend. What's the predictions weather wise?

Dry as far as I know.

down.gif

I like the wet, evens things out (slightly).

I like it wet too if only to keep the wasps at bay. :lol:

Typical Vettel eh? He just gets the best from that car.

I'm a bit annoyed that Senna got into the top 10 then doesn't even try to better his time. This is happening too often. I'd drop anyone who gets into the top 10 and doesn't ever try to better their time 5 places. The fans deserve better.

chester copperpot

I like it wet too if only to keep the wasps at bay. :lol:

Typical Vettel eh? He just gets the best from that car.

I'm a bit annoyed that Senna got into the top 10 then doesn't even try to better his time. This is happening too often. I'd drop anyone who gets into the top 10 and doesn't ever try to better their time 5 places. The fans deserve better.

Aye, damn those wasps to hell. :lol:

Vettel is just great, the first German driver I've not hated. Agree with you comments on Senna too. Shame on Di Resta that.

Vettel is just great, the first German driver I've not hated. Agree with you comments on Senna too. Shame on Di Resta that.

I do hate vettel, He's such a **** with that finger - also he is a fantastic qualifier no doubt but average at best at coming through the field...

I don't think its possible to hate Vettel. He's like a British version of a German.

di Resta is starting on the right side so he should pick Senna off by the 1st corner. Still annoying that he doesn't even attempt to better his time. To me thats him saying I can't get any quicker so there's no point trying. He shouldn't be in F1 if he doesn't think he can go quicker.

I hate wasps. :lol:

chester copperpot

I do hate vettel, He's such a **** with that finger - also he is a fantastic qualifier no doubt but average at best at coming through the field...

He doesn't have to. :lol:

He doesn't have to. :lol:

That's true but he won't always have the fastest car mate-hopefully a bit of continuity in the regulations will see the fizzy drinks company lose at least some of the newey factor... Important as it is that car design plays it's part not to the extent of one team dominating like rbr have over the past 2 And a half years

Another great race. :thumbsup:

I think Schumi was pushing his luck today with his blocking. But its nothing new.

Well done to di Resta getting 8th. If he could look after his tyres he'd be getting better results. He'll come good though. :thumbsup:

Another great race. :thumbsup:

I think Schumi was pushing his luck today with his blocking. But its nothing new.

Well done to di Resta getting 8th. If he could look after his tyres he'd be getting better results. He'll come good though. :thumbsup:

I think had it been Hamilton on Schumi, he'd have a got a drive through. It looked and sounded clear that Schumi was instructed to move over, he even pushed his luck in receiving the instruction twice, that we know of.

I think had it been Hamilton on Schumi, he'd have a got a drive through. It looked and sounded clear that Schumi was instructed to move over, he even pushed his luck in receiving the instruction twice, that we know of.

You're probably right. It seems like 1 rule for Ferrari and former employees and 1 rule for the rest.

Hamilton wasn't aggressive enough today. Strange as I'd put him down as the most aggressive but he was quite meek today.

You're probably right. It seems like 1 rule for Ferrari and former employees and 1 rule for the rest.

Hamilton wasn't aggressive enough today. Strange as I'd put him down as the most aggressive but he was quite meek today.

Probably because he wanted to finish a race -schumi should have had a penalty end of story... If Hamilton had done that he'd get hammered...

Rave was yet another red bull borefest for me...

Probably because he wanted to finish a race -schumi should have had a penalty end of story... If Hamilton had done that he'd get hammered...

Rave was yet another red bull borefest for me...

Plenty racing going on behind Vettel. We didn't see much of him to be honest.

What did you make of the Schumi borefest in the early 00's? That was much worse than it is at the moment.

Plenty racing going on behind Vettel. We didn't see much of him to be honest.

What did you make of the Schumi borefest in the early 00's? That was much worse than it is at the moment.

Agreed, it was shite and the rbr6 is the best car since the f2004... Yes the racing behind was good tody but one car/driver combo continually getting pole and driving away doesn't do it for me mate... 2009 was good after the first 7 races and button hadn't got fr enough away in the championship to render it dull...07 and 08 were fantastic toe to toe all season between venly matched car driver combinations.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, it was shite and the rbr6 is the best car since the f2004... Yes the racing behind was good tody but one car/driver combo continually getting pole and driving away doesn't do it for me mate... 2009 was good after the first 7 races and button hadn't got fr enough away in the championship to render it dull...07 and 08 were fantastic toe to toe all season between venly matched car driver combinations.

Well you'll not be pleased today. Vettel quickest again. Alonso looking good on the long runs so maybe a Ferrari win on Sunday.

di Resta 9th quickest in 1st practice. Not bad for somebody who's never driven there.

Have to record the race as we're on ESPN at 12.00.

Well you'll not be pleased today. Vettel quickest again. Alonso looking good on the long runs so maybe a Ferrari win on Sunday.

di Resta 9th quickest in 1st practice. Not bad for somebody who's never driven there.

We weill be 4 up by half time, you can watch the GP.

Yeah, snorefest for me vettel looks a cert... Combined with the fact Singapore isn't the best anyway

We weill be 4 up by half time, you can watch the GP.

Even if we were I'd still watch the rest of the match before the gp.

As if we'll be 4 up. :lol:

Yeah, snorefest for me vettel looks a cert... Combined with the fact Singapore isn't the best anyway

The street circuits are rubbish. Lack of overtaking etc makes for poor racing.

Singapore is better than Valencia though. That track is terrible.

The street circuits are rubbish. Lack of overtaking etc makes for poor racing.

Singapore is better than Valencia though. That track is terrible.

Yeah, I think Valencia should be dropped it is terrible. Will be interesting to see if DRS helps in Singapore.

Yeah, I think Valencia should be dropped it is terrible. Will be interesting to see if DRS helps in Singapore.

I doubt it'll last much longer. Next year will be the last due to poor attendances both at the circuit and TV figures.

Webber quickest in final practice ahead of Button and Vettel.

I doubt it'll last much longer. Next year will be the last due to poor attendances both at the circuit and TV figures.

Webber quickest in final practice ahead of Button and Vettel.

Valencia was only added due to the popularity of Fernando Alonso in Spain.

Back to Nurburgring i think for the European GP? Although with more countries wanting a Grand Prix i reckon that the European GP could be dropped

Valencia was only added due to the popularity of Fernando Alonso in Spain.

Back to Nurburgring i think for the European GP? Although with more countries wanting a Grand Prix i reckon that the European GP could be dropped

Moto GP is more popular in Spain the F1. I'd only have 1 race in any country.

Drop the nonsense races like Bahrain, Valencia etc. and get France back on. Magny Cours is a great circuit or even Paul Ricard.

More races in the F1 heartland smattered with a few flyaway races in Brazil, Oz, Japan etc.

Drop the nonsense races like Bahrain, Valencia etc. and get France back on. Magny Cours is a great circuit or even Paul Ricard.

More races in the F1 heartland smattered with a few flyaway races in Brazil, Oz, Japan etc.

It's all about money that bahrain etc give though.

I Like Magney Cours.

I Like Magney Cours.

Great track. :thumbsup:

I think Bernie didn't like it because it was too far from anywhere. I drove there and I didn't mind.

Pretty gash race as expected... On a side note - will webber ever think about attacking his team mate off the start? The amount of times he spends all his time blocking there car behind and making an complete arse of it... Sure hamilon may have got by today but he dropped them down to 6/7 as a consequence..that's happened quite a few times this season.. Maybe if he worried about himself rather than who's behind him...

Pretty gash race as expected... On a side note - will webber ever think about attacking his team mate off the start? The amount of times he spends all his time blocking there car behind and making an complete arse of it... Sure hamilon may have got by today but he dropped them down to 6/7 as a consequence..that's happened quite a few times this season.. Maybe if he worried about himself rather than who's behind him...

Told to make sure Vettel gets away?:unsure:

Watching a re-run of todays race and Lewis Hamilton is beyond irritating in the way he treats fellow professionals.

How many times this season has he put his car where it shouldn't be?

Its not only the fact Hamilton creates these crashes but his whole attitude afterwards where its never his fault is a disgrace.

Given the dangers of causing a crash at potentially 200mph IMO the FIA should introduce a 3 strike rule.

If you are hauled up by the stewards 3 times in a season you get banned for the rest of the season and your team shouldn't have to pay the drivers wage and use it for a replacement.

Watching a re-run of todays race and Lewis Hamilton is beyond irritating in the way he treats fellow professionals.

Its not only the fact Hamilton creates these crashes but his whole attitude afterwards where its never his fault is a disgrace.

Given the dangers of causing a crash at potentially 200mph IMO the FIA should introduce a 3 strike rule.

If you are hauled up by the stewards 3 times in a season you get banned for the rest of the season and your team shouldn't have to pay the drivers wage and use it for a replacement.

I disagree. i think Hamilton is the most exciting driver currently in the sport. He doesn't do anything Senna wouldn't have done. The idea of banning because you are in front of the Stewards three time is not a good idea. You could be up three times and found not guilty on each occasion for starters. I think Hamilton had every right to have a go today, he didn't deliberately cause in the incident, and I for one think e was very unlucky to get penalised. Had his name been Shumacher there would have been no penalty. When he got penalise in Monaco he should not have been, Massa turned into Hamilton on that occasion.

I thought today's race was ok, better than expected. For about 5 minutes there were thoughts of Button catching Vettel. Until the last tyre change no one really knew what would play out.

Nonsense.

The coming together with Massa was one of those things. He locked up his front left just before he hit him. The drive through was harsh.

Massa will be embarrassed when he watches the race after his rant.

As for the race itself it wasn't the worst race i've seen but the safety car spoiled it. They should have allowed the backmarkers through. Vettel just disappeared up the road because he didn't have a challenge.

Fantastic drive by di Resta. Kept his head and brought the car home. I think the big boys will be sniffing around. :thumbsup:

Nonsense.

The coming together with Massa was one of those things. He locked up his front left just before he hit him. The drive through was harsh.

Massa will be embarrassed when he watches the race after his rant.

As for the race itself it wasn't the worst race i've seen but the safety car spoiled it. They should have allowed the backmarkers through. Vettel just disappeared up the road because he didn't have a challenge.

Fantastic drive by di Resta. Kept his head and brought the car home. I think the big boys will be sniffing around. :thumbsup:

Spot on mate... You think di rests would have a shot at massas seat who is just a mobile chicane in a fast car

Spot on mate... You think di rests would have a shot at massas seat who is just a mobile chicane in a fast car

Well Ferrari are looking around for 2013. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be surprised but Alonso would probably veto it. He'll have noticed the qualifying record against Sutil and he could do without the hassle of a fast and up and coming driver. If Ferrari do start sniffing around then Mercedes will step in and promote him into their team. They'll not want to lose him.

Button to Ferrari as Alonsos teammate and di Resta to McLaren wouldn't surprise me.

No matter what he'll be in a big team in a few years.

Well Ferrari are looking around for 2013. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be surprised but Alonso would probably veto it. He'll have noticed the qualifying record against Sutil and he could do without the hassle of a fast and up and coming driver. If Ferrari do start sniffing around then Mercedes will step in and promote him into their team. They'll not want to lose him.

Button to Ferrari as Alonsos teammate and di Resta to McLaren wouldn't surprise me.

No matter what he'll be in a big team in a few years.

agree with button to ferrari, but i think di resta will move to mercedes rather than mclaren

agree with button to ferrari, but i think di resta will move to mercedes rather than mclaren

That is the most likely scenario but if McLaren do knock on his door you never know.

He is a Mercedes prodigy so they'll not give up lightly.

The good thing is he'll not be short of offers. :thumbsup:

That is the most likely scenario but if McLaren do knock on his door you never know.

He is a Mercedes prodigy so they'll not give up lightly.

The good thing is he'll not be short of offers. :thumbsup:

totally agree he should easily get a better seat. i dont see mclaren if button leaves to go for another brit to partner hamilton, or at least someone who can compete and beat him on a regular basis

totally agree he should easily get a better seat. i dont see mclaren if button leaves to go for another brit to partner hamilton, or at least someone who can compete and beat him on a regular basis

Your probably right but say Hamilton leaves McLaren for Red Bull then it might just happen.

Next season will be interesting when drivers start signing for new teams.

Alonso and _________@ Ferrari.

Vettel and _________@ Red Bull.

Hamilton and _______@ McLaren.

Rosberg and ________@ Mercedes.

4 seats available at the big 4. So Button di Resta Kubica if he comes back and A.N other.

Interesting.

Archived