Official Formula 1 2011 Uber Thread

Guest juvehearts

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gavsy Van Gaverson

Great battle now with Vettel, Alonso and Button.

Surely Vettel can't hold them out on those tyres.

Guest juvehearts

what a race,

carnage in the middle

and the top 3 next to each other

vettel i think he just won because of that

Guest juvehearts

or has his tyres just gave up on him & when the safety car comes in buton pipps the both of them??

no matter what best race in monaco in years

Guest juvehearts

vettel wins after red flag

petrov is stuck in his car, or something

well done to everyone, what a really good race

pleasing

juve

Ryan Gosling

OK I don't know a lot about F1, but I had money on Vettel winning.

With the race being over with 6 laps to go, has he been declared the winner?

since.1902

OK I don't know a lot about F1, but I had money on Vettel winning.

With the race being over with 6 laps to go, has he been declared the winner?

Not yet , going to be restarted

Gavsy Van Gaverson

whats the point in restarting this race??

utter pointless

Not if you are Alonso or Button.

Guest juvehearts

IF Tyres can be changed then vettel has won this race

im not to sure but kannae see the top 3 being altered, unless Jensen can get a good start from the restart

still think its pointless in restarting imo

since.1902

It did seem a bit daft you can change your wings but not your tyres, gotta be vettels race now

Guest juvehearts

mind you IF you think about it, there is still scope for a assive crash going into tabac

The Gasman

whats the point in restarting this race??

utter pointless

Seems bizarre... :blink:

Petrov was (briefly) unconscious, so they had to carry out a "medical extraction" to get him out the car.

Repairs carried out on the grid, along with tyre changes, then a Safety Car restart on cold tyres. There could be more twists in the last half dozen laps yet...

Guest juvehearts

Seems bizarre... :blink:

Petrov was (briefly) unconscious, so they had to carry out a "medical extraction" to get him out the car.

Repairs carried out on the grid, along with tyre changes, then a Safety Car restart on cold tyres. There could be more twists in the last half dozen laps yet...

lets hope so,

good to see hispancia still in the race

juve

Jaap's Sigh

Have they been allowed to change their tyres then? Had to nip out there.

Edit - I see they have.

mind you IF you think about it, there is still scope for a assive crash going into tabac

There's every chance. Alonso was getting angry before the red flag.

Should be good viewing. :thumbsup:

Do you think Hamilton will get another penalty? 30 seconds onto his time maybe?

Maldonado was having a great race until then.

Do you think Hamilton will get another penalty? 30 seconds onto his time maybe?

Maldonado was having a great race until then.

i think he will either get a 20s penalty, or a grid penalty for the next race

i think he will either get a 20s penalty, or a grid penalty for the next race

Never thought about the grid penalty. Still think it'll be a time penalty of some sort.

lewis hamilton ............... and i quite '' is it coz i is black''

quality

twitter is going mental

lewis hamilton ............... and i quite '' is it coz i is black''

quality

did he actually say that?

Bert Le Clos

Lewis Hamilton is a spoiled brat.

He's been McLaren's golden boy for years, with everybody telling him how amazing he is. And there's no doubt he's a top driver.

But it's never his fault. And he chucks the toys out the pram like a petulant child everytime something goes against him. I didn't see what happened in qualifying, but he was quite rightly penalised for the move on Massa during the race. 100% his fault.

He's been number 1 his whole career, and now his car isn't as competitive and his driving style ruins his tyres he makes desperate, rash moves more and more often. He's a dick.

kingantti1874

Lewis Hamilton is a spoiled brat.

He's been McLaren's golden boy for years, with everybody telling him how amazing he is. And there's no doubt he's a top driver.

But it's never his fault. And he chucks the toys out the pram like a petulant child everytime something goes against him. I didn't see what happened in qualifying, but he was quite rightly penalised for the move on Massa during the race. 100% his fault.

He's been number 1 his whole career, and now his car isn't as competitive and his driving style ruins his tyres he makes desperate, rash moves more and more often. He's a dick.

A lot of what you say may be right, but he is the best driver in F1 and without a doubt the most exciting to watch... I prefer to watch people who at least try to overtake as opposed to being happy to drive round and settle for whatever position they find themselves off the line. The mclaren is without doubt now on par with the red bull duing the race at least and many people suspect probably quicker...

He was incredibly unlucky yesterday when Massa blocked him and then the crash prevented him taking a likely pole position. The incidents today were his fault and he deserved the penalties but at least he makes it interesting...

Hope to god vettel has a couple of DNF's soon.. So Hamilton, button and Alonso get back in the race

A lot of what you say may be right, but he is the best driver in F1 and without a doubt the most exciting to watch... I prefer to watch people who at least try to overtake as opposed to being happy to drive round and settle for whatever position they find themselves off the line. The mclaren is without doubt now on par with the red bull duing the race at least and many people suspect probably quicker...

He was incredibly unlucky yesterday when Massa blocked him and then the crash prevented him taking a likely pole position. The incidents today were his fault and he deserved the penalties but at least he makes it interesting...

Hope to god vettel has a couple of DNF's soon.. So Hamilton, button and Alonso get back in the race

Nonsense to the bold part. Many pundits reckon that for raw speed it's Alonso, and Vettel is the best in terms of a whole driver package of speed and brains. You kind of defeat your own argument by talking about the McLaren being at least as fast as the Red Bull in race trim. If that was the case surely the best driver would be taking them during the race? Hamilton is quick and a very good driver but not the myth the British media have made him out to be.

Hamilton is a glorified go-kart racer.

He drives his car into the ground, ruins the tyres, wrecks the engine, attempts overtaking maneouvers that have no chance of sticking and acts like a spoilt brat every time he crashes.

Good to watch though. :lol:

Bert Le Clos

I agree with Tazio and Cade.

I'd put Hamilton behind Vettel and Alonso.

Vettel won last season when the tyres degraded far less, and he's doing the same this year. I also really hope we get to see Kubica back and racing in a more competitive car. I think he would be a genuine contender in a Red Bull, McLaren or Ferrari.

Hope he can get fit as he would be a perfect replacement for Webber at Red Bull who unfortunately isn't looking the driver he was the last 2 years, or Massa at Ferrari.

kingantti1874

Sorry boys but not many of the f1 pundits agree with you.. Vettel is a good driver but has been in an utterly dominant car, he should be winning all the time it is that much better-he looks to have taken a step forward this year tho, Hamilton beat Alonso in the same car in his rookie year and won the championship in a slower car than the Ferrari in his second year... As for all the stuff about wrecking tyres, engines - that is just factually wrong... There is no evidence of that at all... Hamilton and Alonso are regarded as the best in the business and vettel looks like joining them in thy company, will be interesting to see what happens when he is not in a dominant car...

kingantti1874

Ps - the mclaren has only been equal to the rbr in race trim over the last 2 races, Hamilton hounded rbr on a track considered to be their strongest last time out in barca to the surprise of many,unfortunately its very difficult to owrtake at barca too especially with short drs zone and I think he was very unlucky to start back in the pack in this race...

The next races will be interesting especially when RBR loose their qualy 3 retarded ignition trick by silverstone...

Bert Le Clos

I think he's a top driver, but I'd still put him 3rd behind Vettel and Alonso.

I think Alonso is better now that he was when Hamilton beat him.

Guest juvehearts

The Bahrain Grand Prix will return to the Formula 1 calendar on 30 October

mixed feelings about this but i suppose its good for the sport

juve

In my opinion if you put Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso in the same cars to race, you still wouldn't be sure who would win, there are so many variables, track, tyre choice even how they feel on the day. We are very fortunate to have three such brilliant drivers racing at the moment, Button and Webber are not too far behind, and DiResta might well some good too.

Overall if I had to pick one it would be Hamilton.

In my opinion if you put Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso in the same cars to race, you still wouldn't be sure who would win, there are so many variables, track, tyre choice even how they feel on the day. We are very fortunate to have three such brilliant drivers racing at the moment, Button and Webber are not too far behind, and DiResta might well some good too.

Overall if I had to pick one it would be Hamilton.

If I had the choice of all 3 for my imaginary team I'd pick Alonso. He's relentless.

All F1 drivers are much the same in terms of pace and racecraft but Alonso is the best at the moment.

Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg, and Kubica are not far behind though. Everybody else is slightly behind them.

I fear for Kubicas future though. I can't see him in F1 again but I hope I'm wrong.

southcapital

Hamtilon and alonso are a class above vettel, vettel is good no doubt about it but almost everything he has done has been from the front of the grid, could probably count the amount of overtakes hes done in his career on one hand

Hamilton on the other hand, if you made a highlights reel of overtakes in races since his career began, he would pobably feature in about 25-30 % of them

Alonso is just quick although its interestin that hamilton beat him in the same car

Hamilton will often perform higher than is expected of the car, whilst vettel, although an obviously great driver when you compare him with webber, pretty much does whats expected of his car

People said the same about hamilton and say 'wait til hes in a slow car and see what hes made of' well hes had a few seasons of that and still shines, wheh vettel starts racin in a car that doesnt dominate and still shines i will start puttin him up there with hamilton

Hamtilon and alonso are a class above vettel, vettel is good no doubt about it but almost everything he has done has been from the front of the grid, could probably count the amount of overtakes hes done in his career on one hand

Hamilton on the other hand, if you made a highlights reel of overtakes in races since his career began, he would pobably feature in about 25-30 % of them

Alonso is just quick although its interestin that hamilton beat him in the same car

Hamilton will often perform higher than is expected of the car, whilst vettel, although an obviously great driver when you compare him with webber, pretty much does whats expected of his car

People said the same about hamilton and say 'wait til hes in a slow car and see what hes made of' well hes had a few seasons of that and still shines, wheh vettel starts racin in a car that doesnt dominate and still shines i will start puttin him up there with hamilton

What about Vettel in the Toro Rosso? Didn't he win at Monza?

kingantti1874

What about Vettel in the Toro Rosso? Didn't he win at Monza?

He did, but monza Is a strange, virtually no downforce circuit and weirdly the torro Rosso was quick, circuit and if you watched it the gods were with him in that race big time... Interesting to note in his rookie year he was generally well beaten by v liuzzi, ( Hamilton beat a 2x world champ and was incredibly unfortunate not to win title in 2nd fastest car-a feat he achieved in his 2nd year)

last season vettel crashed god knows how many times and nearly threw it away in an utterly dominant car... This season he is doing his job brilliantly and has clearly taken a step forward. It will be interesting to watch when rbr is not dominant and he doesn't start on pole... When he doesn't start on pole his win conversion rate is very poor even compared to webber never mind alonso and Hamilton...

He is getting there IMO but you don't prove it starting on pole in a car 1sec a lap quicker than your rivals

We should see by silverstone as it's widely anticipated that rbi's 100% retarded ignition for qualy will be banned by then removing their massive qualy advantage and resulting in much closer race pace across he field

He did, but monza Is a strange, virtually no downforce circuit and weirdly the torro Rosso was quick, circuit and if you watched it the gods were with him in that race big time... Interesting to note in his rookie year he was generally well beaten by v liuzzi, ( Hamilton beat a 2x world champ and was incredibly unfortunate not to win title in 2nd fastest car-a feat he achieved in his 2nd year)

last season vettel crashed god knows how many times and nearly threw it away in an utterly dominant car... This season he is doing his job brilliantly and has clearly taken a step forward. It will be interesting to watch when rbr is not dominant and he doesn't start on pole... When he doesn't start on pole his win conversion rate is very poor even compared to webber never mind alonso and Hamilton...

He is getting there IMO but you don't prove it starting on pole in a car 1sec a lap quicker than your rivals

We should see by silverstone as it's widely anticipated that rbi's 100% retarded ignition for qualy will be banned by then removing their massive qualy advantage and resulting in much closer race pace across he field

Hamilton beating Alonso is a misnomer. They had equal points and if McLaren had backed either as no.1 driver then that driver would have won the championship.

I agree about Vettel needing to prove himself as he needs to come through the field to win but he certainly showed his doubters something at the Spanish GP by sweeping past Button and Alonso in 1 lap.

Its good that there are a good few drivers looking fairly equal too. Makes a nice change from the dominant years of Schumacher in the Ferrari,

kingantti1874

Hamilton beating Alonso is a misnomer. They had equal points and if McLaren had backed either as no.1 driver then that driver would have won the championship.

I agree about Vettel needing to prove himself as he needs to come through the field to win but he certainly showed his doubters something at the Spanish GP by sweeping past Button and Alonso in 1 lap.

Its good that there are a good few drivers looking fairly equal too. Makes a nice change from the dominant years of Schumacher in the Ferrari,

I agree, I actually think vetted is now at the same level - he just needs to prove it... Re vetted sweeping past button and alonso tho.. Button was on a different strategy preserving tyres.. Alonso was some 3sec a lap slower on the hards...

Looking fwd to Canada big time

I agree, I actually think vetted is now at the same level - he just needs to prove it... Re vetted sweeping past button and alonso tho.. Button was on a different strategy preserving tyres.. Alonso was some 3sec a lap slower on the hards...

Looking fwd to Canada big time

Canada is a superb track. Very fast. :thumbsup:

Is it true there's going to be 2 DRS zones in the race?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Canada is a superb track. Very fast. :thumbsup:

Is it true there's going to be 2 DRS zones in the race?

Yip. 2 DRS zones.

It is going to be chaos.

Archived