The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

He is full of shite like most of the ITK crowd. Byrson must have some amount of mates who he passes info on to.

Seriously did anyone think we would be signing players when our manager or his assistant are not even in the country ? blink.gif

Well we tried to, apparently.

But yes, he is full of shite.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened Mickey ? By your reckoning the coaching team will be feeling pretty peeved tonight ..........

christ almighty, magicts is utterly waterlogged in the gusset for JJ to be pissed off at this. must have some kind of weird grumpy old man fetish.

as i said the coaching team were confident and by all accounts bids have been made, the lad himself wanted to come 100%! the problem is down to michael johnson having a gripe with jefferies imo.

I can't honestly believe that is the reason this has not gone through. It may be down to the far more likely sell on clause though.

Drylaw Hearts

As for Bryson, who cares?

The Management team will probably care for starters.

I also care that we haven't yet strengthened the midfield as it's pretty weak imo.

We could also be a CH down and I'd like to have seen that sorted out too.

as per usual hearts not involved in any transfer activity..even hibs,aberdeen,st mirren etc can all bring someone in to refresh the team but sadly we are stuck with a hopeless midfield and a dodgy defence..i hope im very wrong but i suspect this team will be found out over the season..i heard we knocked back the morrocan guy because he was too old?ffs at 31 what is jefferies/romanov wanting,lional messi on a free transfer..same old same old with hearts regards to transfers..romanov must be shouting "the peasants have had there lot lol".

Imagine wasting your undercover account with this sad attempt. Sirgay will be furious. verymad.gif

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

So, to summarise.

Hearts tabled an offer they thought was fair - and one JJ himself said a few weeks ago he was happy with and wouldn't go above.

Killie refused said offer. Bryson stays with them. What happens next?

We all start abusing each other here foreseeable. Vladsheep versus Hatkickers, the hundredth rematch.

By October, Hearts are sat 3rd or 4th in the league and the warring factions all agree that Jonnson, Stevenson and Robinson were the answer all along and better than Bryson anyway.

Just in time for all this pish again in January.

FWIW, being serious, we've kept Wallace, kept Driver and added a striker with a bit of pedigree. That's not a bad window IMHO.

Well said, that man, and worth saying and saying again. After the last hugely stressful and even more hugely disappointing window, I'll settle for this.

Take the rest of the evening off, blairdin, old chap. Get yourself tea and a bun on the way home. Put it on Yogi's tab.

One flew over

Is JJ in the country, read earlier that the Hearts Facebook page has his location as Tynecastle tonight, I'm not on facebook, can this be confirmed?

as i said the coaching team were confident and by all accounts bids have been made, the lad himself wanted to come 100%! the problem is down to michael johnson having a gripe with jefferies imo.

If you check my previous posts RE Bryson you will see that I am related to Brysons agent through marriage and I have said a number of times Bryson was perfectly happy to stay with Killie and was not overly thrilled with the thought of working with JJ again, espcially since the fat finn has taken over at Killie. Those who have said Bryson is unhappy etc are either lying or forwarding lies told to them by others. I can also tell you that as of 6pm tonight there had been no further negotiations between killie and hearts whether or not any have taken place since then I cant comment. There is another player JJ is looking at who is under the same agency as Bryson but as far as im aware he is currently without a club so no rush to sign.

Well someone is telling porkies.

Only someone completely vacant would attempt pass themselves off as in the know when they clearly are not.

hmmm, which one... toughy. :unsure:

alwaysthereinspirit

going on the last 6-7 years no chance of anyone coming..we had the chance over the summer to fix the midfield and the defence despite warnings in the pre season games and we have not took the warnings..we are a better team than last season though but still we signed 1 good player in kyle and an injury plagued elliot and the average pole who was just as average last time round..i bught a season ticket on expectation to fix issues but still there is always january ..funny ive been saying the same thing the last 10 transfer windows. :verymad:

6 - 7 years? Didn't we win the cup not 5 years ago. Mostly on the back off players brought in the summer of 2005.

kennyblack'sshot

Offer was apparently ?250k with Glen for a year. No wonder it was knocked back.

First, I'm encouraged we can offer 250 grand for anyone. Second, that seems a fair price in today's market (when no-one is buying) for a player who has not set the league alight, is nowhere near the Scotland squad and who has attracted zero bids from anyone else - even Championship sides who tend to hoover up anyone these days. Good for Hearts for sticking to our guns.

I can see us picking him up in the January window or next season, especially if Killie are flirting with relegation or go down - pretty likely with Mixu in charge. I feel sorry for Bryson though - if the rumours are true he's keen to come here and he'd develop much quicker at Hearts. We have an excellent track record for taking promising Scottish players off other clubs and pushing them on. JJ shouldn't have put him on such a long contract while at Killie!

Guest jambomickey

He is full of shite like most of the ITK crowd. Byrson must have some amount of mates who he passes info on to.

Seriously did anyone think we would be signing players when our manager or his assistant are not even in the country ? blink.gif

manager and assistant not even in the country?

itsnomarooned

Call me Mr Lazy but I can't be ersed reading 10 pages of this thread ......... having had a quick shuftie at BBC and the Hearts website can I safely assume we've done hee-haw business today and are unlikely to before the night is through.

Have to agree that its not been a bad window.

You cant say Hearts havn't tried to get Bryson, but we are in no position to pay over the odds. Hopefully we will get him in January !

Call me Mr Lazy but I can't be ersed reading 10 pages of this thread ......... having had a quick shuftie at BBC and the Hearts website can I safely assume we've done hee-haw business today and are unlikely to before the night is through.

Correct, Mr Lazy.

J.T.F.Robertson

Only someone completely vacant would attempt pass themselves off as in the know when they clearly are not.

Fair enough, but if JJ82's comment is true, surely the JJ would be aware of the fact Bryson doesn't rate him? Therefore why flog a dead horse?

manager and assistant not even in the country?

I am surprised you didn't know since you never seem to be off the phone to them.

christ almighty, magicts is utterly waterlogged in the gusset for JJ to be pissed off at this. must have some kind of weird grumpy old man fetish.

Not all your posts really work Vic despite your belief they do. It was Mickey who posted that the coaching staff expected the signing to be made today. One assumes they would therefore have some reaction to the signing not happening or do you just think they shrug their shoulders and think oh well. If he isnt pissed off then frankly I'd be disappointed, hopefully he has a bit more passion than that though and isnt as easily pleased as you.

Guest jambomickey

Have to agree that its not been a bad window.

You cant say Hearts havn't tried to get Bryson, but we are in no position to pay over the odds. Hopefully we will get him in January !

i agree, it has been a decent window! we signed a good defender and 2 strikers.

Looking forward to Killie at home and the first time ever noticing Craig Bryson. ( I'd left by the time of his consolation goal )

If you check my previous posts RE Bryson you will see that I am related to Brysons agent through marriage and I have said a number of times Bryson was perfectly happy to stay with Killie and was not overly thrilled with the thought of working with JJ again, espcially since the fat finn has taken over at Killie. Those who have said Bryson is unhappy etc are either lying or forwarding lies told to them by others. Ican also tell you that as of 6pm tonight there had been no further negotiations between killie and hearts whether or not any have taken place since then I cant comment. There is another player JJ is looking at who is under the same agency as Bryson but as far as im aware he is currently without a club so no rush to sign.

Killie told Bryson today that something might be In the pipeline and to be readily available if needed! He wanted the move and is dissapointed that it didn't go through. My mate is a good friend of Bryson and infact is a former teammate of bryson!

rossthejambo

Could be both whistling.gif

kennyblack'sshot

If you check my previous posts RE Bryson you will see that I am related to Brysons agent through marriage and I have said a number of times Bryson was perfectly happy to stay with Killie and was not overly thrilled with the thought of working with JJ again, espcially since the fat finn has taken over at Killie. Those who have said Bryson is unhappy etc are either lying or forwarding lies told to them by others. I can also tell you that as of 6pm tonight there had been no further negotiations between killie and hearts whether or not any have taken place since then I cant comment. There is another player JJ is looking at who is under the same agency as Bryson but as far as im aware he is currently without a club so no rush to sign.

Rubbish. Bryson is on record as virtually saying "Come and get me":

"Jim Jefferies signed me from Clyde and gave me my chance in the SPL and I'm grateful to him for that. I enjoyed working under him at Kilmarnock and wouldn't mind working under him again. Every player has ambitions to play at the highest level and I'm no different so we'll just wait and see if an offer comes in but I'm happy at Killie just now."

Guest jambomickey

I am surprised you didn't know since you never seem to be off the phone to them.

off the phone to who? think you slavering pesh now.

magicTs doesn't want to say it yet but is itching to say it....

Care to enlighten me seeing as your so on the ball this evening ?

rossthejambo

Update Lads?

He hasn't signed and doesn't look likely to sign unless something changes at Killie's end by the sounds of it.

jamboinglasgow

Update Lads?

appears no.

as for your previous post. Reminds me of the last game of the season last season. I was in a pub in Glasgow watching the Hearts v Celtic game, when two old Celtic fans sat at the table I was at (despite the pub being deserted and it being a Sports bar) and watched the match with the back to me. Heard them talking (though wasn't hard not to) and one point one turned to another and said "Yeah, these old players are rubbish, we should play some of our young c****" would of found those guys funny if it was not for the horrible racist abuse they give Kingston.

Guest jambomickey

Killie told Bryson today that something might be In the pipeline and to be readily available if needed! He wanted the move and is dissapointed that it didn't go through. My mate is a good friend of Bryson and infact is a former teammate of bryson!

the lad will be gutted.

David Tanner on Sky Sports just confirmed that Hearts had two bids rejected tonight for Bryson. Wonder what we have offered now given the previous figures quoted. Just can't see it happening.

Just to confirm what most of you have already state this story is indeed garbage. Had a word with his agent not twenty mins ago. Craig's apparently a very level headed guy and is really not fussed whether he moves to us or not, he's just happy to be playing. As I have said earlier he is apparently enjoying the direction fatelianenan is taking killie and is happy to stay. The offer we put in has apparently annoyed the killie chairman to such an extent that it has made deal even less likely than before. I dont know the specifics of the offer we put in but apparently the deal was based on several add ons that were unlikely to ever occur (I expect related perhaps to future fees and internation appearences etc but I am only speculating) anywho upshot of it was that our offer was only valuable to killie just now to the tune of around 200,000.

So;

• You are related to his agent. Killie rejected our offer because they don't think he'll play international football or go on to achieve anything better in the game.
  • Both he and his agent are happy with that.

If that's true he should stay there. He is obviously at a club whose ambition matches his own.

Rudolf's Mate

IMO this poster has been pretty staright up and has always come over as though he has a lot of truth behind his posts. More that can be said for some of the other mince being spouted on here!

I was relatively pleased with the purchases this window however after being on here I've found myself frustrated. Have come to realise that it's not due to a lack of any activity on the final day/hours but more to do with the so called people in the know spouting nonsense!

Make of this what you will!

Another bid in tonight for Bryson, yet again knocked back by Johnston. Well you cant say we're not trying. It may sound like sour grapes on my part but honestly, this mans vanity is going to be the death of that club. Hell mend them.

Craig I'm sorry you never got a chance to better yourself but thanks to your petty, vindictive chairman, you'll have to wait a while. Silly man running a non entity of a football club. **** them.

It could also say stay away JJ. Depends how you read it...

The People's Chimp

There's an awful lot of terrible patter in this thread...and as for long standing joke posters suddenly being ITK...

It could also say stay away JJ. Depends how you read it...

You've set the 'no means no' campaign back a bit there.....

Aye loads of news it's just nobody could be bothered putting it on the net. If you wander down to Tynie you'll see most of the world's greatest central midfielders queueing up to sign on the dotted line. Gonna be tough competition for places in there: Ruben, Black, Egg, Stevo, Mrowiec, Sneijder, Xavi, Scholes and Fabregas.

I won't believe he's not coming until I see a photo of the Hearts top with his name on it in the bin behind the old stand.

You believe what you want to believe. I believe what I know to be true. If you are in doubt check back on my previous posts, you'll notice there are all accurate regarding developments in this deal.

Not all your posts really work Vic despite your belief they do. It was Mickey who posted that the coaching staff expected the signing to be made today. One assumes they would therefore have some reaction to the signing not happening or do you just think they shrug their shoulders and think oh well. If he isnt pissed off then frankly I'd be disappointed, hopefully he has a bit more passion than that though and isnt as easily pleased as you.

he will be disappointed for sure. he wanted him and hasn't got him.

what exactly is supposed to be pissed off at though? i expect an avalanche of ifs and buts and maybes and so on.

Cardiac Rucksack

going on the last 6-7 years no chance of anyone coming..we had the chance over the summer to fix the midfield and the defence despite warnings in the pre season games and we have not took the warnings..we are a better team than last season though but still we signed 1 good player in kyle and an injury plagued elliot and the average pole who was just as average last time round..i bught a season ticket on expectation to fix issues but still there is always january ..funny ive been saying the same thing the last 10 transfer windows. :verymad:

The winner of the biggest over reaction award goes to.... :woot:

Archived