The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

kennyblack'sshot

Just to confirm what most of you have already state this story is indeed garbage. Had a word with his agent not twenty mins ago. Craig's apparently a very level headed guy and is really not fussed whether he moves to us or not, he's just happy to be playing. As I have said earlier he is apparently enjoying the direction fatelianenan is taking killie and is happy to stay. The offer we put in has apparently annoyed the killie chairman to such an extent that it has made deal even less likely than before. I dont know the specifics of the offer we put in but apparently the deal was based on several add ons that were unlikely to ever occur (I expect related perhaps to future fees and internation appearences etc but I am only speculating) anywho upshot of it was that our offer was only valuable to killie just now to the tune of around 200,000.

So;

• You are related to his agent. Killie rejected our offer because they don't think he'll play international football or go on to achieve anything better in the game.
  • Both he and his agent are happy with that.

If that's true he should stay there. He is obviously at a club whose ambition matches his own.

The main indicator that his post is absolute nonsense is the idea that a football agent would be content with NOT getting his player a move that would obviously benefit the player (and so the agent) financially and career-wise. Agents make their money when moves happen not when a player is sitting with 2 or 3 years left on their contract.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main indicator that his post is absolute nonsense is the idea that a football agent would be content with NOT getting his player a move that would obviously benefit the player (and so the agent) financially and career-wise. Agents make their money when moves happen not when a player is sitting with 2 or 3 years left on their contract.

You are correct. I was going for the Ironside ending....

;)

Am I correct in saying Killie have signed an attacking Mid and SS from Aberdung ?

The Killie chairman is loading up his wage costs ! Hearts should tell him to bolt and carry the new wage level

Hearts of Vladland

You believe what you want to believe. I believe what I know to be true. If you are in doubt check back on my previous posts, you'll notice there are all accurate regarding developments in this deal.

Some random on the internet who is pretending to be related to a agent or quotes from the player himself.... hmmmmm....!

Geoff Kilpatrick

To clarify for the benefit of magict's and Drylaw, my who cares comment is on the basis that Bryson is probably better than what we have but not as better as what Kilmarnock were asking for.

Genghis Khan

Kenny Miller could be off to the middle east

Scott Severin signs a 2 year deal with killie

Dundee Utd according to SSN.

rudi must stay

Another bid in tonight for Bryson, yet again knocked back by Johnston. Well you cant say we're not trying. It may sound like sour grapes on my part but honestly, this mans vanity is going to be the death of that club. Hell mend them.

Craig I'm sorry you never got a chance to better yourself but thanks to your petty, vindictive chairman, you'll have to wait a while. Silly man running a non entity of a football club. **** them.

just glad the guy doesn't have any of our well earned money tbh. Anyway if Bryson's that desperate to come then we should get him easily in January..

said i wouldn't be surprised if it went through but jayjay has posted an update and he's more often than not spot on.

backpedaling34.jpg

Jambomickey thought it was better than 50/50 so ran with a "scoop". Fallen flat on his face - consistent with the crud he always spouts. A suspected Hobo all along.

tartofmidlothian

If you check my previous posts RE Bryson you will see that I am related to Brysons agent through marriage and I have said a number of times Bryson was perfectly happy to stay with Killie and was not overly thrilled with the thought of working with JJ again, espcially since the fat finn has taken over at Killie. Those who have said Bryson is unhappy etc are either lying or forwarding lies told to them by others. I can also tell you that as of 6pm tonight there had been no further negotiations between killie and hearts whether or not any have taken place since then I cant comment. There is another player JJ is looking at who is under the same agency as Bryson but as far as im aware he is currently without a club so no rush to sign.

Let the floodgates open...

You believe what you want to believe. I believe what I know to be true. If you are in doubt check back on my previous posts, you'll notice there are all accurate regarding developments in this deal.

We all believe what we want to believe on here I'm afraid.

Thanks for posting anyway, what you say sounds entirely plausible to me. Even if it isn't it looks like we are not getting him, so onwards and upwards.

kennyblack'sshot

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/05/14/hearts-link-is-flattering-but-i-m-happy-at-kilmarnock-says-craig-bryson-86908-22257665/

It's more a case of believing a direct quote from the player in print over the unsubstantiated comments of an anonymous messageboard poster. The facts are that Hearts offered what they felt was the price they could afford and Killie knocked it back for whatever reason. There's nothing in any way mysterious about any of that. It's probably happened to every single club involved in this transfer window. You are suggesting that given the choice Bryson would stay at Killie rather than get more money and enhance his career by moving to Hearts. I don't believe that. If the deal is dead of course he is now going to backtrack and say he's delighted to be at Killie, just like Hartley said he was delighted to be at Aberdeen.

Another bid in tonight for Bryson, yet again knocked back by Johnston. Well you cant say we're not trying. It may sound like sour grapes on my part but honestly, this mans vanity is going to be the death of that club. Hell mend them.

Craig I'm sorry you never got a chance to better yourself but thanks to your petty, vindictive chairman, you'll have to wait a while. Silly man running a non entity of a football club. **** them.

How can you say this without knowing what Hearts have offered and what Killie have priced him at? The last I looked there was no rule that says "as we have made 5 bids for your player we automatically get him....."

Anyone else really not care about all this Bryson stuff?

Aye he fits the bill in terms of age, position and possible sell on for the club but I genuinely couldn't give a toss if he appears or not.

One player does not a team make...proven by the fact he plays for a team who hung onto SPL status by their finger nails.

We'll live without him. :)

To clarify for the benefit of magict's and Drylaw, my who cares comment is on the basis that Bryson is probably better than what we have but not as better as what Kilmarnock were asking for.

Absolutely. Bryson's a good player but I can't remember him being in the same class as Hartley in his prime.

Forget him and move on I say

Rudolf's Mate

With other people claiming that CB will be 'raging', 'gutted' yet he's meant to have said he's happy to stay with Killie! Which is it???

With other people claiming that CB will be 'raging', 'gutted' yet he's meant to have said he's happy to stay with Killie! Which is it???

Depends who asks I suppose. :rolleyes:

marshallschunkychicken

Let the floodgates open...

Yeah, I didn't really go to bed after all.

I'd quite like to hear who this other player is. Obviously not an immediate transfer, if he's a free agent, but would definitely go a way to validating the story.

Some random on the internet who is pretending to be related to a agent or quotes from the player himself.... hmmmmm....!

Well we'll just see if he sign then won't we, but I can tell you right now he will not be signing tonight. I can also tell you that up untill 6pm tonight there had been no further bids made. If you were to believe some of the crap posted on here today we have made upwards of 15 bids for the boy which is laughable. I have never spoken to craig so I can only go by what im a told and that is that he is perfectly happy to stay with them. I have little doubt if a bid was accepted he would move to us BUT my point was never that he would not move to hearts but rather if the deal did not happen he would not be unhappy. Over on the killie site they will tell you that Kevin Kyle went around bad mouthing JJ to anybody who would listen but he still moved here when the ???? were put in front of him. I assume it would be the same with Craig.

Could be both. I once told a bird I had strong feelings for her - not exactly my true feelings, but it kept the season ticket holders in her keks happy until the next transfer window, if you know what I mean. :thumbsup:

According to todays EEN Sergei said that we are actively after 2 players and that one plays in Scotland, presumably Bryson but wonder who the otherwas/is ? <_<

Harry Palmer

Care to enlighten me seeing as your so on the ball this evening ?

Well, you're clearly itching to blame Romanov for not backing the manager in his pursuit of this player.

As I said previously, the flaws in the squad won't be sorted in one transfer window but we've made good progress.

I'm still happy with the business already done. :)

Drylaw Hearts

And what exactly were Killie asking for Geoff ?

Rudolf's Mate

Aye he fits the bill in terms of age, position and possible sell on for the club but I genuinely couldn't give a toss if he appears or not.

One player does not a team make...proven by the fact he plays for a team who hung onto SPL status by their finger nails.

We'll live without him. :)

Fookin liar.... I heard you were down having 'BRYSON' put onto the back of yer new top earlier today ?

Well, you're clearly itching to blame Romanov for not backing the manager in his pursuit of this player.

As I said previously, the flaws in the squad won't be sorted in one transfer window but we've made good progress.

this is where I am at too.

happy with the transfer window we have had.

as a supporter you always want a wee bit more but Romanov or no Romanov it just doesn't always work that way.

Tommy Wiseau

Could be both. I once told a bird I had strong feelings for her - not exactly my true feelings, but it kept the season ticket holders in her keks happy until the next transfer window, if you know what I mean. :thumbsup:

:lol:

19 pages and finally a post I can get on board with. :D

SSN Confirm bid for Bryson knocked back, but time for deal still to go through

[/

So SSN intimating that the deal is not totally dead yet or am i picking you up wrong.? <_<

Silvery_Moon

It would have been nice to get Bryson but if we don't then at least we managed to get some people in during the transfer window.

Is that right ? Thanks for letting me know.

Its been a decent transfer window with the retention of Wallace and Driver far outweighing the transfers in. If we had managed to get rid of some of the dross and prioritised the Bryson (or another attacking midfielder) instead of bringing Mrowiec in last week then it would have been an excellent one though. I think not signing the AM plus the apparent potential issue with Zaliukas will have a big bearing on our season.

marshallschunkychicken

Well we'll just see if he sign then won't we, but I can tell you right now he will not be signing tonight. I can also tell you that up untill 6pm tonight there had been no further bids made. If you were to believe some of the crap posted on here today we have made upwards of 15 bids for the boy which is laughable. I have never spoken to craig so I can only go by what im a told and that is that he is perfectly happy to stay with them. I have little doubt if a bid was accepted he would move to us BUT my point was never that he would not move to hearts but rather if the deal did not happen he would not be unhappy. Over on the killie site they will tell you that Kevin Kyle went around bad mouthing JJ to anybody who would listen but he still moved here when the ???? were put in front of him. I assume it would be the same with Craig.

Just to clarify, are you saying that Kyle doesn't like JJ, and only came for the cash, or if that's merely the Killie fans opinion. Either way, I find it difficult to believe.

"Hamilton Accies have tonight concluded the transfer from Dundee United of Argentine-born Italian striker Damian Casalinuovo for an undisclosed fee, on a two year deal." - stv.tv

Hackney Hearts

Bryson's a good player but I can't remember him being in the same class as Hartley in his prime.

Hartley's prime was about 27-31.

At Bryson's current age, Hartley was failing badly (as a right winger) at Hibs and on loan to Morton.

Fookin liar.... I heard you were down having 'BRYSON' put onto the back of yer new top earlier today ?

Well we can safely say your not an in the know poster Jase...if you were you'd know I didn't get a top in protest at not being able to get Hartley on the back (and the fact they don't do a maternity version! :lol: )

Johanes de Silentio

Nut, no really, Jen - lot of cash to spend when we probably don't need to - was hoping that we coulda got Killie to take Kucharski and Jason T, but hey ho, lets go! :rolleyes:

Actually hoping that Ryan Stevo can get a proper run in the engine room, rather than off the front - I think he makes better runs from deep an' that.

Well we'll just see if he sign then won't we, but I can tell you right now he will not be signing tonight. I can also tell you that up untill 6pm tonight there had been no further bids made. If you were to believe some of the crap posted on here today we have made upwards of 15 bids for the boy which is laughable. I have never spoken to craig so I can only go by what im a told and that is that he is perfectly happy to stay with them. I have little doubt if a bid

was accepted he would move to us BUT my point was never that he would not move to hearts but rather if the deal did not happen he would not be unhappy. Over on the killie site they will tell you that Kevin Kyle went around bad mouthing JJ to anybody who would listen but he still moved here when the ???? were put in front of him. I

assume it would be the same with Craig.

is it fair to say that you have a wee soft spot for killie ?

Well we can safely say your not an in the know poster Jase...if you were you'd know I didn't get a top in protest at not being able to get Hartley on the back (and the fact they don't do a maternity version! :lol: )

Let me wear mine another couple of times, that ought to be about the right shape....

all i see is failure.

we failed to get bryson.

magicts failed to start a barney in an empty room.

jambomickey failed to get any of his 'inside info' right, despite carpet bombing the place with every possibility. don't take up roulette mickey. 37 (NAP).

According to todays EEN Sergei said that we are actively after 2 players and that one plays in Scotland, presumably Bryson but wonder who the otherwas/is ? <_<

Toto?

STV.TV also saying "Hearts insisted that there would be no business done there today." and that Dundee have said noone in or out of club before deadline

this agent? exactly what relation? just so we can all put it in the context of our own extended family you understand.

all i see is failure.

we failed to get bryson.

magicts failed to start a barney in an empty room.

jambomickey failed to get any of his 'inside info' right, despite carpet bombing the place with every possibility. don't take up roulette mickey. 37 (NAP).

Hhhhmmmm.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue...

Airplane-Glue.jpg

Anyone know what happened to the Harry Redknapp thread ?

Up to no good again by the looks of it : "It was a last-minute job. When I came in this morning it wasn't something I was looking to do," said Redknapp. "I think he was going to Bayern Munich on Monday for ?18m and suddenly he became much cheaper. - aye right Harry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8958654.stm

Archived