The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

There have been some fairly embarrassing posts on this thread. While Michael Johnson is, indeed, an utter c0ck, most Killie fans are pretty decent. Wanting them to go bust is pathetic chat, especially when we are one man's whim away from being in a fair amount of financial difficulty...

cheers for the lecture but I think people are entitled to dislike or hate other clubs to whatever extent they wish as far as I'm concerned Kilmarnock is just an extension of glasgow and there chairman has sealed the deal for me.

hope they go bust!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chad Sexington

There have been some fairly embarrassing posts on this thread. While Michael Johnson is, indeed, an utter c0ck, most Killie fans are pretty decent. Wanting them to go bust is pathetic chat, especially when we are one man's whim away from being in a fair amount of financial difficulty...

Killie fans I've had the misfortune to encounter have been cocks to a man. <_<

fair enough, you just sound like Michael Johnstone's PR man, I never knew everything was so positive with Kilmarnock.

I am not a MJ fan. I know people who have had dealings with him at the club and he is not a particularly nice man.

He does however stand up for our club and if Bryson is still at RP tomorrow then I will be very happy.

still wouldn't be surprised if it went through.

That's about 16 times you've said that now since yesterday. What is it that makes you think he will sign in the last 2 hours of the transfer window (I'm not completely doubting you just asking out of interest).

Malinga the Swinga

Killie fans I've had the misfortune to encounter have been cocks to a man. <_<

I have met 3 Killie fans as friends, and 2 of them were good guys. I can therefore state that 2/3rds of Killie fans are good guys as a fact.

So, to summarise.

Hearts tabled an offer they thought was fair - and one JJ himself said a few weeks ago he was happy with and wouldn't go above.

Killie refused said offer. Bryson stays with them. What happens next?

We all start abusing each other here foreseeable. Vladsheep versus Hatkickers, the hundredth rematch.

By October, Hearts are sat 3rd or 4th in the league and the warring factions all agree that Jonnson, Stevenson and Robinson were the answer all along and better than Bryson anyway.

Just in time for all this pish again in January.

FWIW, being serious, we've kept Wallace, kept Driver and added a striker with a bit of pedigree. That's not a bad window IMHO.

cheers for the lecture but I think people are entitled to dislike or hate other clubs to whatever extent they wish as far as I'm concerned Kilmarnock is just an extension of glasgow and there chairman has sealed the deal for me.

hope they go bust!

You can dislike whatever club you want but just to let you know that you do look utterly pathetic in doing so. Smacks of sour grapes imo.

I am not a MJ fan. I know people who have had dealings with him at the club and he is not a particularly nice man.

He does however stand up for our club and if Bryson is still at RP tomorrow then I will be very happy.

Do you think Bryson will be happy?

rossthejambo

Deal is dead!!! Hearts wont be signing anyone tonight im told!!

Goodbye cruel world

cliff_diver_quebrada.jpg

marshallschunkychicken

I can go to bed now.

Cheers jayjay.

Guest jambomickey

michael johnson is now going to be left with a very unhappy player.

Do you think Bryson will be happy?

One of my mates is friendly with Bryson!! He apparently is not a happy Bunny!!!!!!!

Thanks Jayjay.

Disappointed though, really should have had a plan B!

kingantti1874

No shock there, anyway-thanks for keeping us informed jayjay-even though it has not come off the info does seem to have been accurate as the club have definitely made moves in that direction... I or one am not too disappointed, think Robinson could be a star-hope he gets a shot now...

michael johnson is now going to be left with a very unhappy player.

You just said about two minutes ago that he was going to sign...

You can dislike whatever club you want but just to let you know that you do look utterly pathetic in doing so. Smacks of sour grapes imo.

it is sour grapes of course it's sour grapes so what?

and what is your opinion of our west coast friends?

Good at least we know. Still a decent summer for us. I'm sure he'll come in the future.

Hopefully above is true, unless the Killie chairman reads this and panics and picks up the phone begging.:thumbsup:

Malinga the Swinga

I don't like any other club other than Hearts, and hope they all have crap seasons and lose loads of cash. In fact, I would be happy if they all went into administration and were deducted points. I like Arsenal in England but if we played them in a competitive match, I would wish them all the misfortune possible. I also want Scotland to do okay, but primarily, I hate everyone except Hearts.

Harry Palmer

C'mon then, humour me - what was your prediction oh wise one ?

That there would be meltdown no matter what way this turned out. :)

One of my mates is friendly with Bryson!! He apparently is not a happy Bunny!!!!!!!

You are the second person to say that tonight.

Looks as though Flood and his mates are happier with a happy chairman than a happy player.

Fair enough, pretty sure if we look hard enough there will be an out of contract attacking midfielder who can do a job, the issue today is only about transfers.

jamboinglasgow

I just think Killie fans turned JJ into a scapegoat, sometimes it easier to blame all the woes at the club on the previous manager, so far this season we have scored 10 goals, only 1 has been a header, the rest have been in played on the deck or through the midfield which suggests to me that any long ball tactic used by JJ at killie was out of necessity. He may of stayed too long that things turned stale but JJ was a good manager for Killie and I think MJ used his leaving to make him a scapegoat. Remember Kevin Kyle may be a bit of a ***hole but he does speak the truth (sometimes when he shouldn') I remember hearing MJ's on the radio after that and it was just horrible, the guy is a slimey as a snake.

Guest jambomickey

You just said about two minutes ago that he was going to sign...

said i wouldn't be surprised if it went through but jayjay has posted an update and he's more often than not spot on.

I hope Killie crash, burn, go out of business and MJ is forced to steal a few seats from his former stadium to make a shelter for his wife and kids!!1!

Harry Palmer

So, to summarise.

Hearts tabled an offer they thought was fair - and one JJ himself said a few weeks ago he was happy with and wouldn't go above.

Killie refused said offer. Bryson stays with them. What happens next?

We all start abusing each other here foreseeable. Vladsheep versus Hatkickers, the hundredth rematch.

By October, Hearts are sat 3rd or 4th in the league and the warring factions all agree that Jonnson, Stevenson and Robinson were the answer all along and better than Bryson anyway.

Just in time for all this pish again in January.

FWIW, being serious, we've kept Wallace, kept Driver and added a striker with a bit of pedigree. That's not a bad window IMHO.

Quality post. :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

why do I get a feeling this could backfire spectacularly on Kilmarnock and Michael Johnstone.

If ever there was a time to get our act together and get torn into the Old Firm, it as at a time Der Hun see Ricky "Desert Orchid" Foster as a good signing. I genuinely 100% wouldnt want him in a Hearts team. If he is what you get when you go shopping at this stage in the game, you can keep it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm loving the way the sheep and the POP are trying to take a position but can't decide what angle to take.

As for Bryson, who cares?

going on the last 6-7 years no chance of anyone coming..we had the chance over the summer to fix the midfield and the defence despite warnings in the pre season games and we have not took the warnings..we are a better team than last season though but still we signed 1 good player in kyle and an injury plagued elliot and the average pole who was just as average last time round..i bught a season ticket on expectation to fix issues but still there is always january ..funny ive been saying the same thing the last 10 transfer windows. :verymad:

Harry Palmer

I'm loving the way the sheep and the POP are trying to take a position but can't decide what angle to take.

Another quality post. :thumbsup:

Good. We've avoided paying over the odds for an unproven player (just my opinion, folks, put the pitch forks away). As somebody said earlier (on about page 11, cannot be bothered tracking it down!), Templeton could play through the middle when Driver comes back (or vice versa? remember Henry at Juve and then Arsenal?), or Stevenson and Robinson could take a claim for a starting slot there, as could Suso if Novikovas played wide right. Plenty of options, so I'm not too disappointed with this result (if indeed it is accurate).

Gregory House M.D.

Hobo hunting is against the rules... Don't let the horrible wee shite get you a warning.

blacks been mentioned, glens been mentioned and i think jj would happily let jason thomson go but all i was told tonight was that the coaching team are confident bryson will be signed tommorow.

What happened Mickey ? By your reckoning the coaching team will be feeling pretty peeved tonight ..........

Francis Albert

Are we going to sign anyone else

Congratulations on a stunningly original first post.

Did you look at the Board at all before posting?

If ever there was a time to get our act together and get torn into the Old Firm, it as at a time Der Hun see Ricky "Desert Orchid" Foster as a good signing. I genuinely 100% wouldnt want him in a Hearts team. If he is what you get when you go shopping at this stage in the game, you can keep it.

Broadfoot foster and papac as full backs. Quality stuff eh

Easy for someone thousands of miles away to say. You don't have to watch the efforts of Black, Palazuelos, Mrowiec et al ploughing the Tynie pitch every fortnight !! :lol:

cambuslangjambo

Velicka

It was his form in Scotland though that convinced Rangers manager Walter Smith to bring him to Ibrox on a three year deal in 2008. His chances at Ibrox were limited but he scored some crucial goals to keep Rangers in the hunt for the title in 2008/09 and he eventually helped them win the SPL title on the final day of the season.

Does this mean that Velicka is a free agent next summer?

Tommy Wiseau

Am I supposed to say "THIS" these days?

THIS, then.

The sensible angle here is, shame JJ hasn't got the player he wanted, but I'm not hooped either way. We've still strengthened the squad big time over the past 2 months.

What happened Mickey ? By your reckoning the coaching team will be feeling pretty peeved tonight ..........

He is full of shite like most of the ITK crowd. Byrson must have some amount of mates who he passes info on to.

Seriously did anyone think we would be signing players when our manager or his assistant are not even in the country ? blink.gif

Francis Albert

going on the last 6-7 years no chance of anyone coming..we had the chance over the summer to fix the midfield and the defence despite warnings in the pre season games and we have not took the warnings..we are a better team than last season though but still we signed 1 good player in kyle and an injury plagued elliot and the average pole who was just as average last time round..i bught a season ticket on expectation to fix issues but still there is always january ..funny ive been saying the same thing the last 10 transfer windows. :verymad:

So the Burley era passed you by?

Guest jambomickey

as i said the coaching team were confident and by all accounts bids have been made, the lad himself wanted to come 100%! the problem is down to michael johnson having a gripe with jefferies imo.

If you check my previous posts RE Bryson you will see that I am related to Brysons agent through marriage and I have said a number of times Bryson was perfectly happy to stay with Killie and was not overly thrilled with the thought of working with JJ again, espcially since the fat finn has taken over at Killie. Those who have said Bryson is unhappy etc are either lying or forwarding lies told to them by others. I can also tell you that as of 6pm tonight there had been no further negotiations between killie and hearts whether or not any have taken place since then I cant comment. There is another player JJ is looking at who is under the same agency as Bryson but as far as im aware he is currently without a club so no rush to sign.

Archived