The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

hope he is run out of town by the Killie fans.

Why? His job is to look after Kilmarnock FC ,not Hearts. So hanging on to our better players is likely to get him some rare praise....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, that twist in MagicTs knickers just became a knot.

Not at all - nearly 30 years of supporting the JT's has me prepared for being letdown. If it is the case that we have failed to sign him we will just muddle by with the collection of mediocre central midfielders wondering what might have been for another season. Not much change there. What I want to know now is whether Jonsson will be able to play in midfield or whether Zaliukas will be back ?

rossthejambo

Bryson is ragin, killie wanted a 20percent sell on clause and hearts saidd no.

Killie are playing a dangerous game.

They're not only pissing us about, but they're pissing Bryson about. If he ends up still there tomorrow I'd imagine he won't want to be there.

I wouldn't be surprised if this deal went through before midnight.

jamboinglasgow

Is he angry at Hearts or Killie?

Gregory House M.D.

Is Sandaza your Grandma's Auntie as well?

Mankypatterwaft- meaning- The waft coming off of your patter is manky.

Any news on the guy JJ was offered?

If it's done then fair enough.

I reckon if JJ really wants Bryson that badly, we'd have him by now.

Why ? Was JJ dipping in to the ?600k pay off he got from Hearts to sign him ? There was me thinking the owner paid for the transfers as well :rolleyes:

...a bit disco

Aberdeen sign Velicka, Foster going the other way.

Yep. Confirmed on Sky.

Tommy Wiseau

Not at all - nearly 30 years of supporting the JT's has me prepared for being letdown. If it is the case that we have failed to sign him we will just muddle by with the collection of mediocre central midfielders wondering what might have been for another season. Not much change there. What I want to know now is whether Jonsson will be able to play in midfield or whether Zaliukas will be back ?

No wonder you're perennially let down by Hearts.

We've signed 5 players in the close season, 3 of whom have international caps, 2 of whom are strikers. We have also emptied some pish out the squad. This has been a good window by any standards, regardless of what happens with Bryson.

If what is being said is true, then it looks as though Killie are moving the goalposts every time we go to them with an offer.

Killie will imo end up with no money in the bank and by the sounds of things, one very p'eed off player.

Please please Hearts do not go back with any new offer unless it is majorly decreased. Their chairman is just playing us, tell him to take a hike back to the bank instead of a 1/4mill cheque.

Gregory House M.D.

Aberdeen sign Velicka, Foster going the other way.

They are OBSESSED with ex-jambos.

no reason to beleive you, but if that is true, then well done hearts !

oh well wonder if there is a plan b

you'd like to think there was a plan B. In fact, i'd like to think that Plan B is already under way. Or would that be too organised for Hearts?

Is he angry at Hearts or Killie?

I would imagine Killie. From what it seems like and it is by no means fact but Killie appear to be shifting the goalposts everytime something has appeared to be agreed I could be wrong but thats the impression I get.

Offer was apparently ?250k with Glen for a year. No wonder it was knocked back.

A very very good offer imo. Killie will in time (again imo) regret this decision.

rossthejambo

If what is being said is true, then it looks as though Killie are moving the goalposts every time we go to them with an offer.

Killie will imo end up with no money in the bank and by the sounds of things, one very p'eed off player.

Please please Hearts do not go back with any new offer unless it is majorly decreased.

I really hope we stick to what we've offered now. Bryson will no doubt, if he is pissed off, get on the phone to Kilmarnock and tell them he wants to leave. It would serve them right tbh.

Changing their asking price each time they get an offer is ******* childish tbh.

you'd like to think there was a plan B. In fact, i'd like to think that Plan B is already under way. Or would that be too organised for Hearts?

According to a lady on the Hearts FB page JJ is at Tynecastle tonight so who knows cant see it but who knows.

We've signed 5 players in the close season, 3 of whom have international caps, 2 of whom are strikers. We have also emptied some pish out the squad. This has been a good window by any standards, regardless of what happens with Bryson.

best post i've read today..

1000 internets to you my good man

heartsfc_fan

Meh. I can't see how an average player from a crappy club is going to suddenly make us world beaters.

We'd be better keeping the ?400,000 (or whatever it is) and waiting till January.

We still have Stephen Elliott and Andy Driver to come back and also Gary Glen - plenty of attacking options. David Obua might have been gash on Sunday (according so some, I missed the game due to being on holiday), but he's another one aswell to throw in the mix and will chip in with the odd goal I reckon.

As said elsewhere already this evening it has been a decent window, more than decent in comparison to recent times. However we signed another holding midfielder last week when we already had several and needed an attacking midfielder which we have none of. Not great squad building really is it ? We also face the prospect of having to play our best central midfielder at centre half. A decent window but we still have plenty issues which should have been taken care of.

rossthejambo

what a bizarre transfer

I thought the exact same when I heard it. Really seems like a budget busting deal from both parties.

Velicka hasn't proved his fitness since his cruciate injury last year so could be an absolute nightmare signing for the sheepies biggrin.gif

Hearts of Vladland

According to a lady on the Hearts FB page JJ is at Tynecastle tonight so who knows cant see it but who knows.

Where is this? I can't find it. blink.gif

Malinga the Swinga

As said elsewhere already this evening it has been a decent window, more than decent in comparison to recent times. However we signed another holding midfielder last week when we already had several and needed an attacking midfielder which we have none of. Not great squad building really is it ? We also face the prospect of having to play our best central midfielder at centre half. A decent window but we still have plenty issues which should have been taken care of.

Maybe JJ wanted Bryson, and doesn't want to settle for anyone else. Why buy someone else, just because he is available, if the manager doesn't really want him.

The Real Maroonblood

I thought the exact same when I heard it. Really seems like a budget busting deal from both parties.

Velicka hasn't proved his fitness since his cruciate injury last year so could be an absolute nightmare signing for the sheepies biggrin.gif

He will probably score against us.

:whistling:

Maybe JJ wanted Bryson, and doesn't want to settle for anyone else. Why buy someone else, just because he is available, if the manager doesn't really want him.

because there's plenty of other players out there who are just as good as Bryson. And I can't believe that JJ would be so tunnel visioned.

Why?

There is not exactly a queue of clubs lining up for his signature.

Do you think he will improve under Mixu?

How much longer do you think you can survive on 4k crowds without selling on players?

That offer if true is a very very good offer for a player of Brysons stature (i don't rate him tbh, but will take JJ's judgement on him). You get ?250k (much needed by all accounts) and a SPL striker.

You now have a player who by all accounts is very p'eed off at not being allowed to further his career.

Bottom of the league in front of -4k crowds at Christmas and we will see if you think its a good deal.

I'm just frustrated we wasted so much time on this deal. All the talk of moving on to new targets a few weeks ago was obviously rubbish.

It seems like we very much put our eggs in one basket and it has back-fired.

It is hard to believe Bryson was the only player out there who could fulfil the role we were looking to fill.

Poor from JJ IMO.

That said, this has been the best window we have had for ages and if we don't get too many injuries I would be confident of third.

Totally agree. But you therefore have to get him for the manager. I hope it still happens but if it doesn't we have failed to provide the manager with the guy he wanted. Along with the ongoing Zaliukas 'issue' that leaves a big hole right up the spine of the team.

rossthejambo

I'm just frustrated we wasted so much time on this deal. All the talk of moving on to new targets a few weeks ago was obviously rubbish.

It is hard to believe Bryson was the only player out there who could fulfil the role we were looking to fill.

Poor from JJ IMO.

The transfer window shuts at MIDNIGHT. Not half 9.

There's still 2 and a half hours to sign someone.

Let's wait til tomorrow morning before we all collectively jump off the North Bridge rolleyes.gif

The Real Maroonblood

because out there there's plenty of other players who are just as good as Bryson. And I can't believe that JJ would be so tunnel visioned.

Could you name a few which we could afford?

as per usual hearts not involved in any transfer activity..even hibs,aberdeen,st mirren etc can all bring someone in to refresh the team but sadly we are stuck with a hopeless midfield and a dodgy defence..i hope im very wrong but i suspect this team will be found out over the season..i heard we knocked back the morrocan guy because he was too old?ffs at 31 what is jefferies/romanov wanting,lional messi on a free transfer..same old same old with hearts regards to transfers..romanov must be shouting "the peasants have had there lot lol".

Poor from JJ IMO.

That said, this has been the best window we have had for ages and if we don't get too many injuries I would be confident of third.

JJ has earned a bit more faith than that.

There is not exactly a queue of clubs lining up for his signature.

Do you think he will improve under Mixu?

How much longer do you think you can survive on 4k crowds without selling on players?

That offer if true is a very very good offer for a player of Brysons stature (i don't rate him tbh, but will take JJ's judgement on him). You get ?250k (much needed by all accounts) and a SPL striker.

Bottom of the league in front of -4k crowds at Christmas and we will see if you think its a good deal.

I doubt we will be bottom of league by Christmas. Not seen our games so far this season, have you? Team playing very well under Mixu ( I think you call it football, forgot about while watching JJ's Hoofball!).

Bank putting us under no pressure to sell.

Bryson is under contract for three seasons, Other players have gone for more recently with less on contract.

Southampton and Ipswich were rumoured to be interested this week.

because there's plenty of other players out there who are just as good as Bryson. And I can't believe that JJ would be so tunnel visioned.

Perhaps JJ was assured that we were playing the game with Killie but when push came to shove we would secure him even if it meant making a few allowances. Wouldn't be the frst time our head cocahes have been promnised something which wasn't delvered. Lets hope JJ ain't sitting severely pissed off right now.

Malinga the Swinga

There are plenty of players who are better than Bryson, that much is true, but they must

1) Want to sign for Hearts/play for JJ

2) Their clubs must want to sell him/be at the end of their contract

3) Must be willing to sign for SPL team

4) Must be willing to be paid within our wage structure

5) Hopefully, they will have SPL/EPL/Championship experience

Now, try and think of some names who fit all of these. There aren't that many.

Genghis Khan

as per usual hearts not involved in any transfer activity..even hibs,aberdeen,st mirren etc can all bring someone in to refresh the team but sadly we are stuck with a hopeless midfield and a dodgy defence..i hope im very wrong but i suspect this team will be found out over the season..i heard we knocked back the morrocan guy because he was too old?ffs at 31 what is jefferies/romanov wanting,lional messi on a free transfer..same old same old with hearts regards to transfers..romanov must be shouting "the peasants have had there lot lol".

Because we never actually signed anyone this window, right? :whistling:

jamboinglasgow

I doubt we will be bottom of league by Christmas. Not seen our games so far this season, have you? Team playing very well under Mixu ( I think you call it football, forgot about while watching JJ's Hoofball!).

Bank putting us under no pressure to sell.

Bryson is under contract for three seasons, Other players have gone for more recently with less on contract.

Southampton and Ipswich were rumoured to be interested this week.

you cant sell to a rumour. As far as I see Hearts were the only ones who made a bid.

JJ has earned a bit more faith than that.

How so?

I think JJ is doing a good job, but is he beyond criticism if he gets something wrong?

Archived