The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

Not so far. Have you watched our games? JJ played route 1 with Killie. This year has been refreshing... May or may not continue, but we had more shots at goal at Aberdeen on Saturday than we had in any random 5 away games last year with JJ.

We could say the same about our team since JJ replaced Shabba, which doesn't really fit with your agenda.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's common knowledge he targeted at least two attacking midfielders this close season.

So.......Stephen Hughes? :rolleyes:

Hearts of Vladland

Not so far. Have you watched our games? JJ played route 1 with Killie. This year has been refreshing... May or may not continue, but we had more shots at goal at Aberdeen on Saturday than we had in any random 5 away games last year with JJ.

Maybe route one was the most effective playing style JJ could play with the players at his disposal because you bellend of a chairman would not allow him anymore funds to sign better players?

Tommy Wiseau

JJ's public position tomorrow will be that they (including him) tried to get Bryson but couldnt persuade Kilmarnock to part with him for the valuation we had of him. To me that leaves JJ looking silly to start with, for spending 3 months chasing a target he didnt get and not having a plan B.

Even in the unlikely event that someone convinced JJ we would get Bryson no matter what, there STILL should have been a Plan B just in case, because this position IMO is absolutely key for us this season given what we've seen so far from our central midfield

I think the point is, we haven't seen our central midfield yet full stop, thanks to Jonsson and Stevenson's suspensions. No danger are Palazuelos/Black our first choice partnership. A quality AM would be lovely, but even without one we're a much stronger squad than the one that finished last season.

Flood, can you explain why Killie rate Bryson so highly if, as you suggest, his entire Kilmarnock career has been spent watching the ball being hoofed over him?

What are you/Killie basing your price on given he never actually participated for you under JJ?

Cheers.

JJ's public position tomorrow will be that they (including him) tried to get Bryson but couldnt persuade Kilmarnock to part with him for the valuation we had of him. To me that leaves JJ looking silly to start with, for spending 3 months chasing a target he didnt get and not having a plan B.

Even in the unlikely event that someone convinced JJ we would get Bryson no matter what, there STILL should have been a Plan B just in case, because this position IMO is absolutely key for us this season given what we've seen so far from our central midfield

maybe plan B is to give Robinson, mulrooney a chance to make a claim, rather than panic buying

ginger jambo98

So you believe an agent? If Killie are under such financial pressure why have we signed about 8 players?

Not saying I do or don't only saying what I've heard. How much was paid out for the 8 - not much I reckon. Id it goes thruppennies up for Mixup, you can guarantee a few departures at New Year.

Maybe route one was the most effective playing style JJ could play with the players at his disposal because you bellend of a chairman would not allow him anymore funds to sign better players?

He had a wage budget by far the largest in the bottom 6 over the last few years. ?2m last year which was more than st Mirren and Hamilton added together. the Chairman gave him plenty of backing(too much in my opinion)

Yep I agree. Why do we have to make it so fecking difficult for ourselves ? It isnt nearly as tricky as Hearts as a club seem hell bent on making it.

jamboinglasgow

In football rules, would we of been allowed to get an English club to put a bid in for Bryson, then take him on a season long loan at the end of which we pay the full amount to English club so that we get around MJ's hatred of JJ (obviously needs to be secert that the other team are bidding him for us.)

Flood, can you explain why Killie rate Bryson so highly if, as you suggest, his entire Kilmarnock career has been spent watching the ball being hoofed over him?

What are you/Killie basing your price on given he never actually participated for you under JJ?

Cheers.

If you have ever watched Bryson then you would see the work he does. Midfielders still have to work when playing route 1 football, probably even more so. It is a bit simplistic to argue that he never does anything as ball is always in air... :whistling:

He had a wage budget by far the largest in the bottom 6 over the last few years. ?2m last year which was more than st Mirren and Hamilton added together. the Chairman gave him plenty of backing(too much in my opinion)

so why did you only just stay up on the final day ? You nobheads were hailing calderwood as jesus after 1 win, how many did he lose again ? Horrible little club supported by junkies and theives !

well we shall just have to see how long you stay up without jj won't we. be sure to come back on at the end of the season as I don't want to have to hunt you down on killie kickback. they don't like me on there

Your about to drown in a 'flood' if you don't stop talking pish.

The Old Tolbooth

maybe plan B is to give Robinson, mulrooney a chance to make a claim, rather than panic buying

I've been screaming for Robinson to fill that role since the start of the season, the lad is class!

Hearts of Vladland

He brought in the player we are currently talking about didn't he?

If you have ever watched Bryson then you would see the work he does. Midfielders still have to work when playing route 1 football, probably even more so. It is a bit simplistic to argue that he never does anything as ball is always in air... :whistling:

So he runs a lot?

Jeezo, we'd be cheaper going for Forrest ******* Gump.

jamboinglasgow

what did JJ do that was so bad? Ok he was there for a long time but his budget was drastically cut every year while you chairman goes behind your back.

Harry Palmer

I have to say that magicTs is living up to my prediction and hope the Admin are prepared...

Is it time to say Mad Vald oot yet? :ninja:

We've made offers, they have been rejected, several times. I would like to see Eggert in midfield with Stevenson but I'm sure Eggert will be delighted to be playing no matter what position it is. Which he has stated.

The new JKB demand....'We need a Midfielder!' as opposed to 'We need a Striker!'

I'm happy with the progress made so far over the summer and won't rage just because we have failed to sign a player. It'll take time to address the flaws in the squad, more than one transfer window.

Hearts of Vladland

He brought in the player we are currently talking about didn't he?

Guest John Meurig Thomas

The new JKB demand....'We need a Midfielder!' as opposed to 'We need a Striker!'

Which came after 'We need a manager!'

Guys I think some of us really need to grow up abit. A few posters are looking really pathetic wishing another club goes bust simply because they wont accept a bid we have made. We should deal with it and move on the sour grapes really is embarrasing.

Interesting that not ONCE has Donkey mentioned Bryson today on Talksport. In fact I've just heard him this second saying that he'd be 'very surprised' if any more business was done in Scotland tonight.

Still, with Donkey, you never know. I mean, is Mark McGhoo still definately comin?

As some others have pointed out, all in all this has been a very decent transfer window. Kyle, Elliot and Barr are all well above the standard of player signed by any other non old-firm club in this transfer window. We might not be great, but our squad is generally much stronger than last season.

jamboinglasgow

Guys I think some of us really need to grow up abit. A few posters are looking really pathetic wishing another club goes bust simply because they wont accept a bid we have made. We should deal with it and move on the sour grapes really is embarrasing.

nah, its good fun. :teehee:

Search my previous posts over the last year or two, I seriously dislike them.

For some reason I've always hated them, and this debacle isn't helping.

season 1964/65 is enough reason to hate the banjo playing farmers

Interesting that not ONCE has Donkey mentioned Bryson today on Talksport. In fact I've just heard him this second saying that he'd be 'very surprised' if any more business was done in Scotland tonight.

He mentioned him earlier tonight.

We_are_the_Hearts

As some others have pointed out, all in all this has been a very decent transfer window. Kyle, Elliot and Barr are all well above the standard of player signed by any other non old-firm club in this transfer window. We might not be great, but our squad is generally much stronger than last season.

It's also worth noting that Wallace and Driver are still here which wasn't 100% certain.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

In football rules, would we of been allowed to get an English club to put a bid in for Bryson, then take him on a season long loan at the end of which we pay the full amount to English club so that we get around MJ's hatred of JJ (obviously needs to be secert that the other team are bidding him for us.)

Don't know about these football rules, but do the words "Wigan", "Rangers" and "Webster" ring any bells? :verymad:

still wouldn't be surprised if it went through.

Is this in January or are you aware of something we arent??

season 1964/65 is enough reason to hate the banjo playing farmers

Waaaaaay before my time.

What happened?

Rangers have signed Richard Foster from Aberdeen on a season-long loan with striker Andrius Velicka moving in the opposite direction - sky sports news

what did JJ do that was so bad? Ok he was there for a long time but his budget was drastically cut every year while you chairman goes behind your back.

His budget was not cut every year. Do not believe every thing you read in the papers...

rossthejambo

I'm with you on this one.

If Bryson really is pissed off with Killie then he could force their hand.

jamboinglasgow

His budget was not cut every year. Do not believe every thing you read in the papers...

bet you believe everything you read about Hearts in the papers though...

Still, with Donkey, you never know. I mean, is Mark McGhoo still definately comin?

Mentioned it today about 4pm. Just a passing mention and noted that a deal was unlikely, even though we were keen.

bet you believe everything you read about Hearts in the papers though...

No. I do not read papers as they are full of Old firm crap and they have no interest in the other teams in the SPL. Stopped when the Sunday Mail had Paul Le Guens wife on the front page while shopping in Glasgow :rolleyes:

Waaaaaay before my time.

What happened?

Killie pipped us to the league on goal average on the last day of the season.

No. I do not read papers as they are full of Old firm crap and they have no interest in the other teams in the SPL. Stopped when the Sunday Mail had Paul Le Guens wife on the front page while shopping in Glasgow :rolleyes:

That was newsworthy, she paid.

The People's Chimp

There have been some fairly embarrassing posts on this thread. While Michael Johnson is, indeed, an utter c0ck, most Killie fans are pretty decent. Wanting them to go bust is pathetic chat, especially when we are one man's whim away from being in a fair amount of financial difficulty...

I have to say that magicTs is living up to my prediction and hope the Admin are prepared...

C'mon then, humour me - what was your prediction oh wise one ?

jamboinglasgow

fair enough, you just sound like Michael Johnstone's PR man, I never knew everything was so positive with Kilmarnock.

J.T.F.Robertson

Have you no' left toon yet? :o

Archived