The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

kennyblack'sshot

Who else wanted Kyle?

Who else wanted Alexei Eremenko?

But in answer to your question Kyle (apparently) turned down offers from clubs in Greece and Turkey - and Aberdeen. Ok, it's only a direct quote in a media outlet and I'm sure he's lying as according to you Kyle spends a lot of time doing that, but it seems fairly believable given that Turkish and Greek clubs have been spending good money and signing good players in recent seasons. And Aberdeen tend to go for everyone Hearts go for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8719517.stm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not want to start a new thread on this but I've just been told that Wallace is away to wolves... Anyone heard this???

That would put an extra spin on the 'well after the window has closed deal' -- even Harry Redknapp couldn't do a deal that late -- no chance as Wolves already announced no further business a few hours ago.

Not want to start a new thread on this but I've just been told that Wallace is away to wolves... Anyone heard this???

Didn't the English window shut 6 hours ago?

Sounds like a Hobo-inspired rumour that one - especially as they would totally miss the point that the EPL window closed neary 6 hours ago!!

Aye you are right it was a hobo that I heard it from thats why it wasn't worth a thread. Just wanted to know if anyone has heard it.

Who else wanted Alexei Eremenko?

But in answer to your question Kyle (apparently) turned down offers from clubs in Greece and Turkey - and Aberdeen. Ok, it's only a direct quote in a media outlet and I'm sure he's lying as according to you Kyle spends a lot of time doing that, but it seems fairly believable given that Turkish and Greek clubs have been spending good money and signing good players in recent seasons. And Aberdeen tend to go for everyone Hearts go for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8719517.stm

I did not say he lied. I implied if you told him the moon was made of cheese he would say "What type". :whistling:

kennyblack'sshot

I did not say he lied. I implied if you told him the moon was made of cheese he would say "What type". :whistling:

You appear to be trying to paint Kyle as stupid. Having seen him interviewed he speaks pretty well. Compared with say Kris Boyd and Derek Riordan and countless other Scottish footballers he comes across as a genius.

And what would you say if someone told you the moon was made of cheese? Only you freely admit to spending 3 1/2 hours a day commuting between Kilmarnock and Edinburgh and several hours on the messageboard of a rival club rather than concentrating on your own club's possible transfer activities. Who's the dummy again?

Off the top of my head:

• Kevin Kyle
  • Marian Kello
  • Darren Barr
  • Adrien Mworiec
  • Stephen Elliott
  • (Likely) Johnny Toto
  • Wallace not sold
  • Driver not sold
  • Suso not sold

Best window for ages. :thumbsup:

Off the top of my head:

• Kevin Kyle
  • Marian Kello
  • Darren Barr
  • Adrien Mworiec
  • Stephen Elliott
  • (Likely) Johnny Toto
  • Wallace not sold
  • Driver not sold
  • Suso not sold

:laugh: I hope thats a joke?

berrathanhibs

Off the top of my head:

• Kevin Kyle
  • Marian Kello
  • Darren Barr
  • Adrien Mworiec
  • Stephen Elliott
  • (Likely) Johnny Toto
  • Wallace not sold
  • Driver not sold
  • Suso not sold

i agree. now we can concentrate on supporting our glourious team!!

In fact, it took me less than 5 minutes to find the "source" of this bollocks.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?191577-All-quiet-on-the-Yam-front&p=2564777&viewfull=1#post2564777

found this a little funny. like most of us i'd like another A.M. but i'm happier with the squad than i've been for awhile. once we get key players fit i'm sure we will do better than ok.

marshallschunkychicken

:laugh: I hope thats a joke?

Much as I think it was, Suso has been involved with several of our goals so far this season...

Ryan Gosling

Off the top of my head:

• Kevin Kyle
  • Marian Kello
  • Darren Barr
  • Adrien Mworiec
  • Stephen Elliott
  • (Likely) Johnny Toto
  • Wallace not sold
  • Driver not sold
  • Suso not sold

Spot on IMO.

Thanks to Mr Romanov. :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Retaining Wallace and Driver is a big plus. Two strikers were everyone's priority (well at the start of the window anyway). Quite happy - we have a squad that is perfectly capable of making 3rd and having a decent run at the cups.

Much as I think it was, Suso has been involved with several of our goals so far this season...

Not denying that, but if we set our goals at the start of the transfer window to have the opportunities to sign Hartley or Bryson or keep Suso Santana - then I think it is obvious what everyone would prefer.

We now know what our squad looks like for the next 4 months with the possible addition of Toto as he would be a free anyway.

By my reckoning we already have approx 9 players in the squad that can play in a central midfield role, so we are maybe not as bad in that area as some may think.

There is no way that Hearts should be paying over the odds for anyone these days especially a player that has done very little in his career so far.

We already have players inth squad like Mulrooney & Robinson that can play in an attacking midfield role and I would also like to maybe see Lee Wallace in that role for a try.

Anyway I digress.

My line up for the Celtic Game:

Kello

Barr

Zaliukas?

Bouzid

Wallace

Templeton

Jonsson

Stevenson

Driver

Kyle

Elliot/Elliott

Drylaw Hearts

Overall it's been a good one.

JJ has done a sterling job with the budget he was given by VR.

We're still short in a couple of positions and we're still carrying some passengers but it really would have been too much to ask to have all the necessary changes needed to the squad carried out in a single transfer window.

winston churchill

like i said the other day.

JJ will come out in the morning saying a couple of deals broke down at the eleventh hour :rolleyes:

you also forgot.

kingston out

stewart out

jose out

maybe not finished yet...............

juve

I really can't see us signing anyone now. Toto perhaps but anything other than that I'd be extremely surprised and pleased.

We are a better team now than 3 months ago and it will be costing us less. Our main rivals for a European spot:

Hibs: Lost their main goal scorer (for a pittance)

Dundee Utd: No particular gain or loss

Aberdeen: Have strengthened with Hartley, but Velika is a huge gamble.

Seems to me that we have come out best overall.

I really can't see us signing anyone now. Toto perhaps but anything other than that I'd be extremely surprised and pleased.

I think he was suggesting that, despite the transfer window now being closed, we might still lose another player eg Wallace.

Francis Albert

We now know what our squad looks like for the next 4 months with the possible addition of Toto as he would be a free anyway.

By my reckoning we already have approx 9 players in the squad that can play in a central midfield role, so we are maybe not as bad in that area as some may think.

There is no way that Hearts should be paying over the odds for anyone these days especially a player that has done very little in his career so far.

We already have players inth squad like Mulrooney & Robinson that can play in an attacking midfield role and I would also like to maybe see Lee Wallace in that role for a try.

Anyway I digress.

Kello

Barr

Zaliukas?

Bouzid

Wallace

Templeton

Jonsson

Stevenson

Driver

Kyle

Elliot/Elliott

Craig Thomson should start, as should Suso. Driver, if fit, should start on the bench - he can't possibly be anywhere near match fit. And Calum, if fit, surely deserves his place in the starting line up.

:thumbsup: you hit the nail on the head for me there tbh, I stii would of loved a creative midfielder.with saying that I think we can wait till january for that. I think we have a good team !!.

Mon the jts

Anyway I digress.

Kello

Barr

Zaliukas?

Bouzid

Wallace

Templeton

Jonsson

Stevenson

Driver

Kyle

Elliot/Elliott

marshallschunkychicken

I think he was suggesting that, despite the transfer window now being closed, we might still lose another player eg Wallace.

How would that work then?

Not denying that, but if we set our goals at the start of the transfer window to have the opportunities to sign Hartley or Bryson or keep Suso Santana - then I think it is obvious what everyone would prefer.

Paul Hartley - Athlete - 36 people like this.

Suso Santana - Athlete - 184 people like this

Source: Facebook.com

The public have spoken.

Ryan Gosling

Wallace as an attacking midfielder?

I'll play left back to cover for him, shall I?

I'm not sure, Acey. I don't think you're very good.

How would that work then?

It wouldn't work.

I just interpreted his post as him somehow thinking that we could lose more players..."Kingston out, Jose out, Nade out...maybe more". Maybe I was wrong but that's how it sounded to me.

Paul Hartley - Athlete - 36 people like this.

Suso Santana - Athlete - 184 people like this

Source: Facebook.com

The public have spoken.

True, if you looked at the correct groups rather than using lower groups to prove a point.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?post_form_id=d4b360eaac8037cb67070bee834d9e7a&q=&init=quick&sid=0.1380262380647373#!/group.php?gid=228247553158&ref=search

like i said the other day.

JJ will come out in the morning saying a couple of deals broke down at the eleventh hour :rolleyes:

Yep, and it'll be light during the day tomorrow........... but not just because I said so!! :verymad:

shaun.lawson

I'm beginning to wonder whether HMFC really deserves a philanthropist like Mr Romanov.

Oh you. :)

rudi must stay

We are a better team now than 3 months ago and it will be costing us less. Our main rivals for a European spot:

Hibs: Lost their main goal scorer (for a pittance)

Dundee Utd: No particular gain or loss

Aberdeen: Have strengthened with Hartley, but Velika is a

huge gamble.

Seems to me that we have come out best overall.

Velicka, a gamble? Not at all mate, he's a proven SPL goalscorer.

Wallace as an attacking midfielder?

I'll play left back to cover for him, shall I?

Get with the programme Acey. Now that we have failed to bring in an attacking midfielder those of us with some vision and inventiveness have decided that Lee Wallace should play in central midfield alongside Eggert Jonsson thus utilising our best players in key positions. Ruben Palazuelos is our new left back. Gorgeous George tried LW in that role to great effect so that is good enough for me. Our strongset team is therefore :

Kello

Barr

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Palazuelos

Templeton

Jonsson

Wallace

Driver

Kyle

Elliot (though not sure as yet which)

Subs :

McDonald

C Thomson

Mrowiec

Suso

Stevenson

Obua

Elliot (whichever)

Chances of the 11 being on the field at the same time at any point are zero nevermind in those positions such is the fragility of there little bodies but that is my Hearts dream team 2010-11. If fit for any length of time it will cruise 3rd and reach a cup final.

Whatever anyone thinks of Bryson, he will be a Hearts player in January for a fraction of what we've offered, or next summer on a free!!!

Gregory House M.D.

Kello

Barr Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

Jonsson

Suso Driver

Templeton

Kyle Elliot

Drylaw Hearts

Whatever anyone thinks of Bryson, he will be a Hearts player in January for a fraction of what we've offered, or next summer on a free!!!

Nope.

Archived