The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

Tommy Wiseau

As said elsewhere already this evening it has been a decent window, more than decent in comparison to recent times. However we signed another holding midfielder last week when we already had several and needed an attacking midfielder which we have none of. Not great squad building really is it ? We also face the prospect of having to play our best central midfielder at centre half. A decent window but we still have plenty issues which should have been taken care of.

I don't see us playing Jonsson at centre half, unless there are injuries. We have Bouzid, Barr and McGowan, and Zaliukas isn't away yet as well, despite what the dirt sheets may tell us.

Our squad badly needed a tackling midfielder imo. Palazuelos is pish at tackling, Black is better in a more advanced role, Stevenson is an AM, McGowan lacks experience and Jonsson may be needed elsewhere at times. Mrowiec was a decent, value signing that JJ felt needed to be made having seen him in pre-season.

Templeton and Stevenson are both attacking midfielders; although Temps is used on the wing, he prefers to play through the middle. We have plenty of SPL quality wingers now as well, and 3 strikers at least (even presuming Toto doesn't sign) who will help us going forward. We've got absolutely nothing to worry about this season, whether we sign an AM or not. Don't forget that we've been nowhere near playing our best side so far this season through injuries and suspensions - we've been alright and yet there is much more to come. A top 4 finish beckons.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is this? I can't find it. blink.gif

If you click on the tabs at the top of the news feed there is 3 options HMFC + Other, Others and HMFC.

Click on the HMFC + Others and you see Hearts comments and all who reply on it.

you cant sell to a rumour. As far as I see Hearts were the only ones who made a bid.

Hearts have made about 4 final bids . Do you know what these were or do you not deal in rumours?

Hearts of Vladland
Team playing very well under Mixu ( I think you call it football, forgot about while watching JJ's Hoofball!).

Ask Hibs fans about Mixu playing style before you start talking pish on here, Mixu played hoofball will he was at Hibs and will do at Killie.

jamboinglasgow

as per usual hearts not involved in any transfer activity..even hibs,aberdeen,st mirren etc can all bring someone in to refresh the team but sadly we are stuck with a hopeless midfield and a dodgy defence..i hope im very wrong but i suspect this team will be found out over the season..i heard we knocked back the morrocan guy because he was too old?ffs at 31 what is jefferies/romanov wanting,lional messi on a free transfer..same old same old with hearts regards to transfers..romanov must be shouting "the peasants have had there lot lol".

First of all there is still 2 and a half hours left, second of all where did you hear we knocked back the morrocan guy, do you know if he is actually any good? Third of all we have signed five players in this transfer window, just because you dont sign anyone on the last day doesn't mean you had a bad transfer window.

And relax.

JamboRossi79

Aberdeen sign Velicka, Foster going the other way.

Aberdeen complete the loan signing of striker Velicka

Aberdeen have this evening completed the signing of striker Andrius Veli?ka on a season long loan deal from Rangers.As part of the deal Aberdeen defender Richard Foster has gone in the opposite direction, also on a seasons loan deal.

The Lithuania International striker began his career with his hometown team FBK Kaunas in 1996. Loan spells followed for Velicka, firstly at Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala , then Irtysh Pavlodar and then at Hearts. By then he had scored more than 100 goals for FBK. He was one of several Lithuanian players taken to Tynecastle by the Jambos' owner Vladimir Romanov and became an instant hero when the Edinburgh side were 2-0 down to city rivals Hibernian at Easter Road. The striker struck either side of the interval to secure a 2-2 draw. Velicka went on and scored 25 times for the Tynecastle team.

Viking Stavanger then lured him to Scandinavia, with Hearts receiving ?1million for his services after acquiring his registration permanently by then.

It was his form in Scotland though that convinced Rangers manager Walter Smith to bring him to Ibrox on a three year deal in 2008. His chances at Ibrox were limited but he scored some crucial goals to keep Rangers in the hunt for the title in 2008/09 and he eventually helped them win the SPL title on the final day of the season.

The Lithuanian suffered an injury whilst on loan at Bristol City at the start of last season but has returned to full fitness this campaign.

The 31 year old made his international debut during a 1-1 draw against Moldova in Kaunas on 16 August 1998. His first international goal came against Estonia on 3 July 2003. In total he has played 20 international matches, scoring two goals. He is currently with the Lithuanian squad as they prepare for Friday night's game against Scotland.

Meanwhile Richard Foster is moving to Ibrox for a season. An established Scotland U-21 international, he made his debut as far back as May 2003 as a substitute against Partick Thistle and has now featured in over 200 first team games.

From here

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100831/aberdeen-complete-the-loan-signing-of-striker-velicka_2212158_2141152

Just phoned Johnny Marr with the news that nobody else is joining in this transfer window.

Johnny says its been an excellent window for us and not to worry.

Well said, Johnny Lad.

thumbsup.gif

heartsfc_fan

as per usual hearts not involved in any transfer activity..even hibs,aberdeen,st mirren etc can all bring someone in to refresh the team but sadly we are stuck with a hopeless midfield and a dodgy defence..i hope im very wrong but i suspect this team will be found out over the season..i heard we knocked back the morrocan guy because he was too old?ffs at 31 what is jefferies/romanov wanting,lional messi on a free transfer..same old same old with hearts regards to transfers..romanov must be shouting "the peasants have had there lot lol".

Kyle

Elliott

Kello

Mrowiec

+ Barr already signed up

Yep it's been a crap window right enough :rolleyes: Still have Driver to come back from injury aswell (he'll be like a new player).

How so?

I think JJ is doing a good job, but is he beyond criticism if he gets something wrong?

Who says he done something wrong in this situation?? Playing devils advocate here as I dont have any facts to say either way.

ginger jambo98

I doubt we will be bottom of league by Christmas. Not seen our games so far this season, have you? Team playing very well under Mixu ( I think you call it football, forgot about while watching JJ's Hoofball!). Not seen us this season. Ball wide on the deck, football. We are accustomed to Mixups brand of unpretty football. Try not to preach here sonny !

Bank putting us under no pressure to sell. According to Drinks, there actually is a bit of pressure !

Bryson is under contract for three seasons, Other players have gone for more recently with less on contract. Correct, he doesn't need to move - however, he wants to. You may see a dip in his next few performances til he gets it out his system.

Southampton and Ipswich were rumoured to be interested this week. ....and yet neither actually offered anything but both have made other signings.

Not much to add seeing as how Killie have apparently knocked back the final offer.

rossthejambo

I genuinely despair at this place sometimes down.gif

I'll try this again....

THE WINDOW DOESN'T CLOSE UNTIL MIDNIGHT

and relax

How so?

I think JJ is doing a good job, but is he beyond criticism if he gets something wrong?

Do you know for certain he has got anything wrong? JJ can only put forward the names. It's others at the club who carry out the negotiations.

Chad Sexington

clown.jpg

Hearts of Vladland

If you click on the tabs at the top of the news feed there is 3 options HMFC + Other, Others and HMFC.

Click on the HMFC + Others and you see Hearts comments and all who reply on it.

I know this but I can't locate it, what post is the comment on?

jamboinglasgow

Hearts have made about 4 final bids . Do you know what these were or do you not deal in rumours?

No I dont know what they are and I doubt you do either. Truth is only the two sides around the table will know. My point is that you make it out like Kilmarnock have plenty of sides after Bryson but a rumour is just a rumour, until you have a concrete bid you cant be for sure.

Who says he done something wrong in this situation?? Playing devils advocate here as I dont have any facts to say either way.

Well he has known we have needed an attacking midfielder all summer, we have spent the best part of 3 months persuing Bryson, a line should have been drawn under it a month ago and we should have moved on to new targets, instead we are still trying to negoitiate right up until the closing of the window on this same deal, that JJ himself said he would move on from.

Ps If we sign someone I will take my comments back, but I do not think we will.

The Real Maroonblood

We've signed better for less in the past. Cameron, Hartley, Skacel.

You were talking about the present.

Perhaps JJ was assured that we were playing the game with Killie but when push came to shove we would secure him even if it meant making a few allowances. Wouldn't be the frst time our head cocahes have been promnised something which wasn't delvered. Lets hope JJ ain't sitting severely pissed off right now.

mate you have stuck to your guns, but i think the other post is nonesense ! JJ said from day 1 he will set the price and he won't go above it ! You are now trying to make out there has being a fall out between JJ and the board, which is based on absoulty nothing ! IMHO

Perhaps JJ was assured that we were playing the game with Killie but when push came to shove we would secure him even if it meant making a few allowances. Wouldn't be the frst time our head cocahes have been promnised something which wasn't delvered. Lets hope JJ ain't sitting severely pissed off right now.

he will be if he has to read the shite you're coming out with.

Tommy Wiseau

What an absolutely howling smell there is in here...

Just phoned Johnny Marr with the news that nobody else is joining in this transfer window.

Johnny says its been an excellent window for us and not to worry.

Well said, Johnny Lad.

thumbsup.gif

J Marr always keeps up to date with the Scottish game and knows his onions. Got to respect him for that with his busy schedule and all.

Incidentally, my close personal friend TVs Dave Benson Philips passed on his regards to you, GA. Says you're a damn fine poster and to keep your eye on Steve Elliott this year.

Well he has known we have needed an attacking midfielder all summer, we have spent the best part of 3 months persuing Bryson, a line should have been drawn under it a month ago and we should have moved on to new targets, instead we are still trying to negoitiate right up until the closing of the window on this same deal, that JJ himself said he would move on from.

Ps If we sign someone I will take my comments back, but I do not think we will.

Pure speculation on my part but what if JJ had been assured this would happen tonight ? That we would play the game but would be prepared to move to ensure it went through and now when the night arrives we don't live up to that. I think its strange that JJ has not got a 2nd or 3rd option which makes me curious as to why considering its obvious he knows we need that area sorted out. Maybe he was told its happening and now it hasn't he is left with no other option.

he will be if he has to read the shite you're coming out with.

:lol: so you think he just targeted one attacking midfielder then ? If you do I presume you think that was a terribly flawed policy ?

What an absolutely howling smell there is in here...

J Marr always keeps up to date with the Scottish game and knows his onions. Got to respect him for that with his busy schedule and all.

Incidentally, my close personal friend TVs Dave Benson Philips passed on his regards to you, GA. Says you're a damn fine poster and to keep your eye on Steve Elliott this year.

If Dave has a fault,, its that he is straight to the point no messin hip cat.

thumbsup.gif

Pure speculation on my part but what if JJ had been assured this would happen tonight ? That we would play the game but would be prepared to move to ensure it went through and now when the night arrives we don't live up to that. I think its strange that JJ has not got a 2nd or 3rd option which makes me curious as to why considering its obvious he knows we need that area sorted out. Maybe he was told its happening and now it hasn't he is left with no other option.

Maybe he has been told it is happening every time we bid, only for Kilmarnock to shift the goal posts again, we go back with that little bit extra they wanted, to find out they want more again?

This should have been sorted out a fortnight ago.

Failing to strengthen the centre of midfield will be the difference between a good season and a mediocre one imo.

Ask Hibs fans about Mixu playing style before you start talking pish on here, Mixu played hoofball will he was at Hibs and will do at Killie.

Not so far. Have you watched our games? JJ played route 1 with Killie. This year has been refreshing... May or may not continue, but we had more shots at goal at Aberdeen on Saturday than we had in any random 5 away games last year with JJ.

Walter Bishop

Stokes = 800k. Does it hurt?

3431829.jpg

We paid 600k for Skacel mate.

True. The problem here is that none of us really know what Hearts have actually offered. Therefore it's difficult to draw comparisons with other potential targets.

Drylaw Hearts

Does anyone know for sure if Killie are/were moving the goalposts continually or are they just saying 'No' because they're not satisfied with the offers that have been made ?

mate you have stuck to your guns, but i think the other post is nonesense ! JJ said from day 1 he will set the price and he won't go above it ! You are now trying to make out there has being a fall out between JJ and the board, which is based on absoulty nothing ! IMHO

No I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that it doesn't seem likely that JJ would have put all his eggs into the Bryson basket if he felt this would not go through. Now I don't know the ins and outs of any bids today or this evening but it seems likely that the plan has been to play the game with Killie with the belief they would fold. Perhaps it was JJ himself with his inside knowledge of them who felt that it would definitely go through. Whoever it was if it doesn't it is a collective feck up from those in charge as we are left with a void in a place they knew needed filling.

Not so far. Have you watched our games? JJ played route 1 with Killie. This year has been refreshing... May or may not continue, but we had more shots at goal at Aberdeen on Saturday than we had in any random 5 away games last year with JJ.

We'll see at the end of the season, it's results that count.

It would be such a shame if you got relegated, then (hopefully) went bust. We can live in hope I guess.

:lol: so you think he just targeted one attacking midfielder then ? If you do I presume you think that was a terribly flawed policy ?

it's common knowledge he targeted at least two attacking midfielders this close season.

JJ's public position tomorrow will be that they (including him) tried to get Bryson but couldnt persuade Kilmarnock to part with him for the valuation we had of him. To me that leaves JJ looking silly to start with, for spending 3 months chasing a target he didnt get and not having a plan B.

Even in the unlikely event that someone convinced JJ we would get Bryson no matter what, there STILL should have been a Plan B just in case, because this position IMO is absolutely key for us this season given what we've seen so far from our central midfield

rossthejambo

Does anyone know for sure if Killie are/were moving the goalposts continually or are they just saying 'No' because they're not satisfied with the offers that have been made ?

It certainly seems that way. I don't think that Bryson would be raging if it wasn't the case tbh.

It would be such a shame if you got relegated, then (hopefully) went bust. We can live in hope I guess.

Seems a bit extreme to wish that on a club just for having the audacity to try and hold on to their best player!

Not much to add seeing as how Killie have apparently knocked back the final offer.

So you believe an agent? If Killie are under such financial pressure why have we signed about 8 players?

seriously dude. you are three games in. don't you think you should wait a while before you start praising a failed manager?

Seems a bit extreme to wish that on a club just for having the audacity to try and hold on to their best player!

Search my previous posts over the last year or two, I seriously dislike them.

For some reason I've always hated them, and this debacle isn't helping.

That is the type of talk that Rangers fans came out with when we held out for a fair price for Naismith. quite sad really

rossthejambo

So you believe an agent? If Killie are under such financial pressure why have we signed about 8 players?

Maybe those signings were ratified on the condition that money was going to be coming in (ie Bryson's transfer) ??

Archived