The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

Guest jambomickey

his agent(kevin drinkell) asked killie what would be an acceptable fee to killie to sell, drinkell then came back to hearts with that information, fedatovis then agreed with drinkell that woul we meet that fee, drinkell went back to michael johnson informing him he had a club willing to pay the said fee that was agreeable to johnson but when he was told the club was hearts he said no! apparently johnson is refusing to sell to jefferies.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

There are alternatives, would dufc take the cash for gomis?how long is he contracted for, Harkins is another...

Jambof3tornado

source?

If true then no point getting worked up about him not coming if the sticking point was their chairman being a choob.

Not sure it is true though as the chairman is running a business and would make decision based on what is good for killie.

Guest jambomickey

source?

If true then no point getting worked up about him not coming if the sticking point was their chairman being a choob.

Not sure it is true though as the chairman is running a business and would make decision based on what is good for killie.

source within the coaching team. :thumbsup:

Guest GhostHunter

Interesting.

Though, again, he'll have a hard time explaining that to the board and/or shareholders, especially if no-one else comes in for him.

Petulant arsehole.

Guest jambomickey

Interesting.

Though, again, he'll have a hard time explaining that to the board and/or shareholders, especially if no-one else comes in for him.

Petulant arsehole.

the offers still on the table and hopefully he'll come to his senses before tommorow evening.

linkin- hearts

the offers still on the table and hopefully he'll come to his senses before tommorow evening.

**** MJ and his horrible, little club:down:

source?

A fee which is agreeable to any other club except where their last manager is does not appear to be best for Killie - its a childish and egotistical move by the chairman.

Agree demand a fee which is best for the club and all parties involved, to not sell to a club due to prior history is unfortunate but may well cost Killie a place in the SPL.

Yes we have refused to sell to Celtic and Rangers, feel we are entitled to do so as they offered bottom dollar and it would enhance their squad putting us in a weaker state.

However Killie and smaller clubs rely on these funds to stay up, its not as if they are competing with the top 4.

If I was a shareholder and the price was reasonable enough to consider selling to other clubs I would be very pissed off at present.

Still if it gives us a couple of days to seriously approach a new target be happy the Bryson thing is finally put to bed.

I blame JJ for having absolutely no alternatives, it would appear that Bryson is the

only attacking midfielder in the world!!! :down:

Guest GhostHunter

I blame JJ for having absolutely no alternatives, it would appear that Bryson is the

Hartley ?

You would have thought we would have had one or three on trial. Apart from Bryson and Hartley, I cant

remember us being linked with anyone in that position, yet it was Jeffries who said we desperately

needed to fill it. I find it very strange we couldn't find anyone else!

Guest jambomickey

You would have thought we would have had one or three on trial. Apart from Bryson and Hartley, I cant

remember us being linked with anyone in that position, yet it was Jeffries who said we desperately

refuse to believe jj won't have other players in mind, a rabbit may be pulled from the hat before 6m tommorow evening.

Maiden Gorgie

There are alternatives, would dufc take the cash for gomis?how long is he contracted for, Harkins is another...

Would love Gomis - he's a good player and that goal was a screamer. Was he not meant to be going to Swanseaa on loan but Utd wanted to sell? He is obviously either not fancied or too expensive. I would actually prefer him to Bryson.

rossthejambo

I'd be stunned if JJ doesn't have other targets.

It's quite clear that Bryson is his number 1 target and he wants to see for certain that he won't be coming before making a bid for someone else, in fact he may have already bid for someone else on that basis seeing as it is only a day and a half til the window closes.

I'd be stunned if JJ doesn't have other targets.

It's quite clear that Bryson is his number 1 target and he wants to see for certain that he won't be coming before making a bid for someone else, in fact he may have already bid for someone else on that basis seeing as it is only a day and a half til the window closes.

I really hope so, I would be very disappointed if it was Bryson or nothing.

We should offer, Black,Glen & a few quid! :whistling:

Exactly, we would get at least a fiver for each of them! :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

Some folk are giving JJ very little credit here. I am confident that he has other targets but whether he can bring them in or not in time is another matter.

linkin- hearts

Well a few killie fans still seem to think Craig Bryson will be a Hearts player either today or tomorrow tho whether this is just a case of reverse psychology or not, who knows?:whistling:

marshallschunkychicken

Johnson seems to have a lot of bitterness towards a guy that HE supposedly sacked.

'We need an attacking midfielder' is rapidly becoming the new 'we need a striker'.

Well a few killie fans still seem to think Craig Bryson will be a Hearts player either today or tomorrow tho whether this is just a case of reverse psychology or not, who knows?:whistling:

Where are you seeing/hearing this mate?

Some folk are giving JJ very little credit here. I am confident that he has other targets but whether he can bring them in or not in time is another matter.

In time? Has he not had 3 months to sort this out, or am I missing something?

if we don't get Bryson i wouldn't be too concerned,yes we need an AM but it is obvious that Jefferies didn't fancy getting an ageing Hartley and looks like he would rather wait until Bryson does become available than fill the jersey with a player of questionable quality.<br><br>he obviously rates Bryson highly and is willing to play the long game to land him,whether thats in this window or next<br>

Jambof3tornado

JJ was perhaps confident of landing Bryson and didnt realise that the bitterness of the Killie chairman would influence his ability to make a business decision. How large a shareholder is he??

if we don't get Bryson i wouldn't be too concerned,yes we need an AM but it is obvious that Jefferies didn't fancy getting an ageing Hartley and looks like he would rather wait until Bryson does become available than fill the jersey with a player of questionable quality.<br><br>he obviously rates Bryson highly and is willing to play the long game to land him,whether thats in this window or next<br>

Might have been an idea to have a Plan B though eh?? :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

He might have one for all we know.

If nothing happens between now and 6pm on Tuesday then by all means come on and whinge about no plan B but there's still a long time to go.

He might have one for all we know.

If nothing happens between now and 6pm on Tuesday then by all means come on and whinge about no plan B but there's still a long time to go.

I'm having a whinge because I'm concerned about the state of our midfield. As for tomorrow, I wont

be surprised if it comes and go's, with us all sitting twiddling our thumbs, waiting for diddly squat. I'm going by

past experiences you understand. Would be ecstatic if proved wrong though!

it would be yes,or maybe it would be good to trust Jefferies judgement and wait until the RIGHT player becomes available,rather than just grabbing anyone who is free to go to a good home

That in itself could be the problem as with Vlad around you may not always get to play "the long game"

I also think we have been unfortunate in the fact that a leaner, fitter looking Ryan Stevenson has not yet had the chance to play the AM role that would suit him due to suspension and injuries to others. He clearly is not a striker or a link up player for the front man. With Stephen Elliott and Calum Elliot (although I suspect he will not continue in the form he has started but hope he does) we have options when fit and that could allow RS to play the game he should be playing.

linkin- hearts

Where are you seeing/hearing this mate?

It's on their killie kickback site, sorry, don't have a link.

JJ tried to sign Dorman first!

Hearts agreed term with Hartley (apparently)

Hearts had at least 2 other midfielders on trial at the club including Mroweic!

JJ wants Bryson though as he fits the bill in terms of age, potential sell on value to club should he kick on and from what I've been led to believe Bryson is keen to come to Hearts... the only glitch is Killie's bell-end of a chairman... he is not only letting Bryson down but his club and supporters as they need the money and it is HIS pride that is standing in the way!

In time? Has he not had 3 months to sort this out, or am I missing something?

JJ has said that there is definite interest in another player but the club wouldn't be going public as they had not been given permission to speak to that player as he was still under contract.

That makes me think it is an alternative to Bryson as that bid has been made!

JJ has said that there is definite interest in another player but the club wouldn't be going public as they had not been given permission to speak to that player as he was still under contract.

That makes me think it is an alternative to Bryson as that bid has been made!

Steven Hughes ?

Marmeladent?rtchen

Steven Hughes ?

I would take him,, many would not as he turned us down for double money. (Who would do that. :whistling: )

Not played for Norwich this season and only made the bench in the cup game.

Its possible!

The op is living in a fantasy world, we as a club have offered peanuts for byson. That is why the kille chairman has such a strong hand to play, if a deal is done, it will gave to be byson trying to force his way out.

marshallschunkychicken

The op is living in a fantasy world, we as a club have offered peanuts for byson. That is why the kille chairman has such a strong hand to play, if a deal is done, it will gave to be byson trying to force his way out.

Define 'peanuts'. What sort of figure are we looking at?

rossthejambo

You know this for a fact do you?

The OP's post is very plausible IMO.

Define 'peanuts'. What sort of figure are we looking at?

Last offer was about 150k, for rossthejambo, I'm sorry if I seem harsh but it's daft to think that a agent goes up to the kille chairman and gets a sensible figure and that fed agrees to pay it. That's not how we have done business in the past, it's more like you want 1 million, we will give you 10k !

The Comedian

Stephen Hughes would be an excellent signing.

Haven't we tried to sign him twice and he's either asked for too much wages or knocked us back?

I'm sure we could find better value than Hughes and indeed Bryson.

Stephen Hughes would be an excellent signing.

Has he even being playing at Norwich ? I hate the fact we are mention with the same players again and again. Come on hearts think outside the box. I think RobInho is still looking at a move !!!

Haven't we tried to sign him twice and he's either asked for too much wages or knocked us back?

I'm sure we could find better value than Hughes and indeed Bryson.

A poster who I rate as being very in the know insists Hearts changed the goal posts on the money that was agreed last time.

Has he even being playing at Norwich ? I hate the fact we are mention with the same players again and again. Come on hearts think outside the box. I think RobInho is still looking at a move !!!

Thinking outside the box signings have cost us an arm and a leg in the last few years.

turned.gif

Seymour M Hersh

Who is this Byson fellow you speak of?

rossthejambo

Last offer was about 150k, for rossthejambo, I'm sorry if I seem harsh but it's daft to think that a agent goes up to the kille chairman and gets a sensible figure and that fed agrees to pay it. That's not how we have done business in the past, it's more like you want 1 million, we will give you 10k !

So you've no source of info that disproves the OP?

Glad we've sorted that out. :thumbsup:

Archived