please join in the protest

sneakypete

Agree wholeheartedly. I am not a fan of Vlad and see a dark future but until someone offers a viable alternative he's all we got.

why would somebody want to get involved if he thought the fans of the club were just shoulder shruggers, or he didnt even know if the fans wanted somebody new through the door?

You'd think he'd at least want a passionate support as part of his investment

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why would somebody want to get involved if he thought the fans of the club were just shoulder shruggers, or he didnt even know if the fans wanted somebody new through the door?

Yep, its one of the reasons we really are in a terrible mess. There is mass division and sadly just as crucially apathy. I'm not convinced we will collectively shake ourselves out of the current malaise in time to make a difference.

"...and this is our winter of dis-con-tent."

"Now is the winter of our discontent." :curtain:

Every one is slagging the guy for going on Real Radio but he`s put it on here so everyone knows now.

I sense a bit mockery going on and that surprises me given the mumping and moaning for a long time on here.

Is it squeaky bum time for some? Suddenly, the realisation that an uprising may occur has put people in a position. I may be wrong, but it seems like it.

No, it is the fact his post is more of a rant and fails to tell us anything about what he is protesting about and what his objective is.

Why would someone invest when all the fans do is abuse you for increasing the debt, then abuse you for cutting back to reduce it. Or abuse you for interfering, and when you stop, abuse you for not being interested.

Pete - could you at least try and engage with some of the more reasonable points people have made? Such as what the aim of the protest is, and what you hope to achieve? Take particular note of what redm said when it comes to speaking to the media too: the media will want to make you and Hearts fans look like idiots, and you need to be wary of that.

They wont need to try very hard in Pete's case.

What an absolute roaster.

No, it is the fact his post is more of a rant and fails to tell us anything about what he is protesting about and what his objective is.

I think we know what he`s protesting about in a nutshell! Kidding ourselves on if we don`t. Maybe he doesn`t have the clout to carry out the objectives but i think playing dumb to the basis of the protest is silly.

I'd far rather someone with an IQ of more than 3 led the protests.

How much is the ****bag Cameron paying you? You do realise you are thick as ****?

I think we know what he`s protesting about in a nutshell! Kidding ourselves on if we don`t. Maybe he doesn`t have the clout to carry out the objectives but i think playing dumb to the basis of the protest is silly.

I think you will find from this thread a lot of folk do not. Nor do they know his objective or his alternative.

Yep, its one of the reasons we really are in a terrible mess. There is mass division and sadly just as crucially apathy. I'm not convinced we will collectively shake ourselves out of the current malaise in time to make a difference.

it's not a case of people being "shoulder shruggers" or of there being "apathy".

the case for this protest hasn't been made. despite repeated requests from numerous people the protest planner still hasn't given a reasonable explanation of his reasons and objectives. despite claims to the contrary from JammyT it is of high significance to the debate.

if the guy had provided a clear and coherent plan, outlining a reasonable case for staging a protest, then people would be paying far more attention to him and giving him far more credibility.

it's the agenda of you two impish scamps to turn the whole thing on it's head as an excuse to further the belief that there is a widespread feeling of revolt amongst the support and to further portray yourselves as visionary debate leaders.

it hasn't worked by the way but thanks for coming.

:curtain:

Rudolf's Mate
They wont need to try very hard in Pete's case.

What an absolute roaster.

My first post on this thread was going to be, where is Le Chat when you need him..... And then comes the pain! You can always rely on LC to deliver the knock out punch!!!

Time for my tuppence worth!

I think there should have been a protest a long time ago. Just because there should have been one doesn't mean there shouldn't be one now. I'm also fed up of people saying 'what if we protest and anger the big man & he pulls the plug'? Get a grip.... Worst case scenario is the mad one punts us to someone worse than him! The only time you would see him walk away and pull the plug is when ot was no longer financially viable for hin to keep hold of the club and I don't mean the club being financially viable. I mean Vlad's fortune or his bank taking a huge nose dive! And before anyone says that it already has. Nonsense! If he walks away it'll be because he sells up or his financial world comes crashing down on him. If it's the latter then god help us!

Why would someone invest when all the fans do is abuse you for increasing the debt, then abuse you for cutting back to reduce it. Or abuse you for interfering, and when you stop, abuse you for not being interested.

cutting back? but putting 15 million in yer bk pocket ,waken up son

portobellojambo1
Suggests to me people aren't as bothered as they make out. May be wrong though.

I do believe people are bothered KB, and if a plan of action is put to them, and that plan of action states the objective, and said objective is sensible and achievable, it will undoubtedly attract support. If said plan of action revolves around a process to remove the present owner, then it would have to be presented with a workable alternative.

You ain't going to get anyone supporting something along the lines of -

Protest leader - "Having a protest on Saturday, we need to get Mr Romanov out of the club"

Potential protest supporter - "I'm up for this. One question, what happens once we've got him out, who will pay the wages, the bills, service the debt"

Protest leader - "Emmmm, haven't really thought about that bit yet"

The expected reply would be along the lines of -

Potential protest supporter - "I've actually got something else on that Saturday".

Any change at Hearts is going to involve the one thing which your average Hearts fan doesn't have ready access to, and that is a fecking huge stash of money. Not a few hundred thousand pounds, but at the very least around ?50 million, just to clear the debt and keep the club turning over for at least a period of 12 months after getting in the front door.

Standing outside the stand and screaming slogans or abuse will achieve nothing. That is not being cruel to the OP, I believe he probably does feel he has a point to make (which we'd like him to share), but at the moment the end object appears to be to try and embarrass Mr Romanov, nothing more nothing less. And I suspect Mr Romanov is liable to find the whole thing more amusing/laughable than embarrassing. The embarrassment may follow, via the press and how they portray events in print, but the subject of that embarrassment could well end up being HMFC rather than Mr Romanov.

cutting back? but putting 15 million in yer bk pocket ,waken up son

Where did you get that fact from - enlighten me, is that what Pete is protesting about, an alleged theft of ?15 million?

Where did you get that fact from - enlighten me, is that what Pete is protesting about, an alleged theft of ?15 million?

I very much doubt that Pete is able to tie his own laces himself never mind work out that Vlad's been dipping the till.

My first post on this thread was going to be, where is Le Chat when you need him..... And then comes the pain! You can always rely on LC to deliver the knock out punch!!!

Been working hard my man, and missing out on all the fun :oldsad:

I very much doubt that Pete is able to tie his own laces himself never mind work out that Vlad's been dipping the till.

Maybe he has these shoes with the velcro straps though.

Salvatore's Tash

This thread is an absolute belter..we are going to protest because we are pish. Hopefully then Vlad will **** off and we will be all the better.

When he does **** off and locks the gate on the way out who is getting the keys to reopen? Hope they have won the Euromillions. Or else we are going to be supporters of a former football club.

Serious note: What about Csaba? Why no protest last season? It seems poor results are the problem, who's fault is that?

it's not a case of people being "shoulder shruggers" or of there being "apathy".

the case for this protest hasn't been made. despite repeated requests from numerous people the protest planner still hasn't given a reasonable explanation of his reasons and objectives. despite claims to the contrary from JammyT it is of high significance to the debate.

if the guy had provided a clear and coherent plan, outlining a reasonable case for staging a protest, then people would be paying far more attention to him and giving him far more credibility.

it's the agenda of you two impish scamps to turn the whole thing on it's head as an excuse to further the belief that there is a widespread feeling of revolt amongst the support and to further portray yourselves as visionary debate leaders.

it hasn't worked by the way but thanks for coming.

:curtain:

you really have ignored most of what I have said

Widespread feeling of revolt? I've said the exact opposite, there is not enough unity for any protest to succeed at present

But all protests start somewhere and often they are not the most co-ordinated. So what?

Do I think the OPs protest will succeed - no

Do I think he has the right to protest - yes

Do I think I need a protest manifesto from the OP, and if not I will just ridicule him - no

Its those that have simply ridiculed on this thread that have brought nothing to the party

Hearts fans are the embodiment of the "divide and conquer / rule" tactic

But only one half of the divide gets it - and the thing is, I dont want to appear overly critical on this point, but I dont understand why apparently intelligent people like you dont get that.

Some Hearts fans are being subtley played by Vlad and they are falling for it hook line and sinker....

you really have ignored most of what I have said

Widespread feeling of revolt? I've said the exact opposite, there is not enough unity for any protest to succeed at present

But all protests start somewhere and often they are not the most co-ordinated. So what?

Do I think the OPs protest will succeed - no

Do I think he has the right to protest - yes

Do I think I need a protest manifesto from the OP, and if not I will just ridicule him - no

Its those that have simply ridiculed on this thread that have brought nothing to the party

Hearts fans are the embodiment of the "divide and conquer / rule" tactic

But only one half of the divide gets it - and the thing is, I dont want to appear overly critical on this point, but I dont understand why apparently intelligent people like you dont get that.

Some Hearts fans are being subtley played by Vlad and they are falling for it hook line and sinker....

How so JT?

Well done folks.............it looks as though sneakypete has done one!!

OK Maybe he wasn't the most coherent and articulate poster of all time, and yes he didn't spend 8 hours + per day on JKB. But maybe some day, someone will come along with some answers, and will imediately be shot down in flames because:

- He doesn't express himself with a journalistsic flair

- He doesn't spend all day/every day on JKB

- He is not a 5000+ poster

- He is wrongly tagged a Hobo

Alright Pete did not cover himself in glory, and obviously has something 'better' to do for most of today than reside on JKB. But he is hurting like many fans at the moment and the treatment he got on this board today, from many, was a disgrace.

Now say what you like about me!! I don't know Pete. I am not a Hobo. I am not prepared to organise a protest. But I will continue to follow the famous for the rest of my natural. Meanwhile, a great number of you poster really need to take a good look at your sanctimoniuos(sp?) selves.

I am logging off now and will check back sometime later this week to see what wit and wisdom has transpired since my comments.

Good night.

:banghead2:

How so JT?

He's pulling fairly straightforward moves.

Control by fear - he knows we know he could bankrupt us

Splitting the support - he is the most divisive man I have known at the club, and he knows fine well that a split support can never do any damage to him

We are talking about a man that charmed full control out of Lesley Deans then the NEXT day emptied the manager that had us at the top of the league and within 2 weeks had dismantled the entire management structure he had played along with to gain full control

If people dont think he plays control games re Hearts they are in denial IMO

Well done folks.............it looks as though sneakypete has done one!!

OK Maybe he wasn't the most coherent and articulate poster of all time, and yes he didn't spend 8 hours + per day on JKB. But maybe some day, someone will come along with some answers, and will imediately be shot down in flames because:

- He doesn't express himself with a journalistsic flair

- He doesn't spend all day/every day on JKB

- He is not a 5000+ poster

- He is wrongly tagged a Hobo

Alright Pete did not cover himself in glory, and obviously has something 'better' to do for most of today than reside on JKB. But he is hurting like many fans at the moment and the treatment he got on this board today, from many, was a disgrace.

Now say what you like about me!! I don't know Pete. I am not a Hobo. I am not prepared to organise a protest. But I will continue to follow the famous for the rest of my natural. Meanwhile, a great number of you poster really need to take a good look at your sanctimoniuos(sp?) selves.

I am logging off now and will check back sometime later this week to see what wit and wisdom has transpired since my comments.

Good night.

:banghead2:

Ok, where do I start?

First of all, Pete was not immediately "shot down in flames", and if he had been by some individual posters then what of it? This board is here as a place of debate, and if individuals are critical of aspects of Pete's planned demo then they are entitled to express those opinions. Given that Pete is going to be communicating with various media (he's already contacted RR and the EN), he needs to be able to defend his views. What better place to sort out his intentions and his delivery than here?

Which brings me on to the second point. What exactly is Pete planning to protest against? We still don't know, even now. Comments of his such as "at least i care about my team you ****ing **** and am prepared to do something about rather than sit on my arse" don't really add to our understanding of what he is aiming to achieve with the demo, although it does, I admit, illustrate his passion which is an important thing.

No-one mentioned the fact that he wasn't a 5000+ poster and that he didn't spend all day/every day on JKB. He wasn't particularly tagged as a Hobo either although some, including myself, wanted to be sure that this wasn't some form of Hobo windup by ascertaining that Pete was indeed a Hearts fan. Understandable I think given that some individuals are going to spend their time and effort supporting any demonstration that may take place.

Pete was asked repeatedly by JKB posters to tell us more about what his goals for the demo actually are - how does he intend it to proceed and what does he want to get out of it? This is very important, I'm sure you'll agree, but Pete wouldn't or couldn't tell us.

His treatment today a disgrace? I think not. He's a grown man and should be able to put up with criticism. Many in fact came out supporting his plans. Was everybody just supposed to go "Ooh that's nice Pete, a demonstration, how lovely!"?

Don't confuse criticism, and humour, with sanctimoniousness. JKB is a great mix of diverse viewpoints, a cauldron of debate you might say, and overall I think posters acted in a robust but fair way given the level of info forthcoming from Pete, along with the manner in which he presented it.

He's pulling fairly straightforward moves.

Control by fear - he knows we know he could bankrupt us

Splitting the support - he is the most divisive man I have known at the club, and he knows fine well that a split support can never do any damage to him

We are talking about a man that charmed full control out of Lesley Deans then the NEXT day emptied the manager that had us at the top of the league and within 2 weeks had dismantled the entire management structure he had played along with to gain full control

If people dont think he plays control games re Hearts they are in denial IMO

Fair enough JT. The reason that I took you up on your comment was that personally I don't perceive any subtle playing of fans at all. In fact I don't think there's anything subtle in the situation whatsoever. We know that Vlad has us by the cahunas, and he knows we know it. He is in control. End of story. I don't see the support as particularly split either - certainly not like we have been in the past, because I think most of us realise that not a lot can be done about the present situation.

Now, in saying that, I want to be proved wrong. I would love for you, or someone else, to tell me how we can extricate ourselves from this (and not end up going from the frying pan into the fire). :smiley2:

To save me reading all this ....... Has Peter said what he wants us to protest over , sorry cannie be arsed reading all that.:qqb017:

The guy is protesting against the way Vlad is treating us THE FANS.He is not asking Vlad to leave or spend millions,but Vlad will make millions selling Driver and Wallace and replace them with keek.A lot of you's are saying what good will it do,well we've never protested before,so we wont know if Vlad maybe will take notice.What makes me laugh is that Speirs basically said the same on Sunday and he was applauded,but of course he had a better vocabulary then the OP,a lot of posters on here seem terrified to protest and are willing to sit back and watch us lose our best players,take our money to give to amatuer players NOBODY has ever heard of,WONT buy us the striker we so badly need,then pop his head round our door ONCE every 2 years,talk his usual bile to the media about the OF.

And as for all the posters who wrote'' oh imagine the OP talking the media.what an embarrasment'',well you dont have to worry about that as Vlad does it at least 6 times a year.

I only read 2 pages of this thread and gave up...said to one of my pals redjambo?..do you know him? he sad nah..you speak a lot of sense mate.

Drylaw Hearts

Maybe a meeting with VR/Fedetovas and some fans Reps to discuss the following points would be a starting point :

1) The promise that the debt was going to be cleared wasn't kept. Infact it very nearly doubled.

2) The treatment of certain players and managers which caused great disruption throughout the team.

3) The ever increasing number of useless FBK Kaunas players that found there way to club. These players cost the club money in 'Registration Fee's but for some reason this has never been disclosed to the minor Shareholders.

4) The lack of attendence by the BOD and the Chairman at matches.

5) The behaviour of the club's Chairman at more than one AGM.

6) The waste of time and money on the New Stand proposal.

7) The short/long term plan for the club.

8) Why, if the owner doesn't trust the Managers signing policy, did he decide to continue with him a coach ?

9) Why is the owner still choosing players for the club ? And how does he rate his signings for the Club since 2004 ?

10) How does the club propose to pay UBIG/UKIOS the huge some of money it's due in 2010 ?

Wish I was in bed but when I get home I can read all the pish from those who accuse everyone who doen't want a rant at Vlad as being stupid or head in the sand. If only they were a bit more experienced and knowledgable they would realise we were always broke, took increasing gambles with control of the club to try and compete and via Mercer (mainly good) and Robinson (a total disaster) have arrived at where we are now. We all know Vlad's faults but he is not all bad and as we repeat to the ranters "What is the option?". One option would be to accept we are in the doo doo and need to trim costs and could do with a manager who can accept that and move on. By the way what scottish club owners are splashing their own millions on players at present and does anyone really believe that Vlad is living the life of luxury on the money he is "Stealing" from the club?

Maybe a meeting with VR/Fedetovas and some fans Reps to discuss the following points would be a starting point :

1) The promise that the debt was going to be cleared wasn't kept. Infact it very nearly doubled.

2) The treatment of certain players and managers which caused great disruption throughout the team.

3) The ever increasing number of useless FBK Kaunas players that found there way to club. These players cost the club money in 'Registration Fee's but for some reason this has never been disclosed to the minor Shareholders.

8) Why, if the owner doesn't trust the Managers signing policy, did he decide to continue with him a coach ?

9) Why is the owner still choosing players for the club ? And how does he rate his signings for the Club since 2004 ?

10) How does the club propose to pay UBIG/UKIOS the huge some of money it's due in 2010 ?

Best post yet by far.:2thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick
The guy is protesting against the way Vlad is treating us THE FANS.He is not asking Vlad to leave or spend millions,but Vlad will make millions selling Driver and Wallace and replace them with keek.A lot of you's are saying what good will it do,well we've never protested before,so we wont know if Vlad maybe will take notice.What makes me laugh is that Speirs basically said the same on Sunday and he was applauded,but of course he had a better vocabulary then the OP,a lot of posters on here seem terrified to protest and are willing to sit back and watch us lose our best players,take our money to give to amatuer players NOBODY has ever heard of,WONT buy us the striker we so badly need,then pop his head round our door ONCE every 2 years,talk his usual bile to the media about the OF.

And as for all the posters who wrote'' oh imagine the OP talking the media.what an embarrasment'',well you dont have to worry about that as Vlad does it at least 6 times a year.

So basically, the objectives are....

1. Get some decent players without getting us into more debt

2. Turn up more (so that we can shout "GTF" at you)

Glad that's sorted! :stuart:

So basically, the objectives are....

1. Get some decent players without getting us into more debt

2. Turn up more (so that we can shout "GTF" at you)

Glad that's sorted! :stuart:

If you are happy with Obua,Whitenveen etc well thats grand,we are not asking for Ronaldo ffs or someone on huge wages,but surely he could have got us better then them.

And no i dont want Vlad to show up for us to shout GTF,but to come and see just how bad we are

You have you're opinion and i have mine ok.

ChemicalJambo

Agree with some of that, we hardly anything from Vlad/the board about what is happening with the club.

I'd love to know about any future plans not just to do with selling/buying players but things like the current status of the stadium plans and if there are any plans for more bars in the stadium as well as things like registration fee, the ?17m loan and how the transfer of players in actually works.

Really is tricky to get get right behind the club when you just don't know whats going on.

Re the protest, seems like it has come about due to poor results and I don't see it achieving anything positive at all.

Vlad will just see it as he's left the club to get on with running itself, and its ended up with protests. So the solution will be to go back to his previous methods where there were no protests so Csaba will be out and we'll get the Lith U21 guy in as a replacement.

Geoff Kilpatrick
If you are happy with Obua,Whitenveen etc well thats grand,we are not asking for Ronaldo ffs or someone on huge wages,but surely he could have got us better then them.

And no i dont want Vlad to show up for us to shout GTF,but to come and see just how bad we are

You have you're opinion and i have mine ok.

Who signed those players? You think Obua is worth 4K a week? Blame the manager!

As I've said before, being Hearts manager is a great job - you have the best lightning rod in the business when things go wrong.

at least i care about my team you ****ing **** and am prepared to do something about rather than sit on my arse

Sign me up, ya roaster:stuart:

At last, 400+ posts in and someone puts forward a decent mandate.

I would suggest to the protesters who have vowed to stand by Peter after the Celtic game to use the above post as your directive.

Your best chance of at least making a point is to have some sort of a clue as to what you are protesting for, and what you wish to gain.

Well done at last to Drylaw Hearts for offering something constructive.

Radioactive Mince
The why is obvious.The getting someone with the money to do something is entirely different. Even IF you find someone, what's to say VR would sell at any price. As for the Op, I hope he's not the one writting the EEN advert as his punctuation is dreadful. Using , instead of ' for example! I don't normally criticise people for spelling or grammar, but if they are taking things further than a message board it helps if you know how to write.

As for this line:

you may think that he,ll no here about it

Should read, you may think that he'll not hear about it:th_o:

You're one of the last people on this site who should be using a poster's poor grasp of spelling and grammar as a vehicle to score cheap shots. I've enboldened your mistakes. Some are harder to spot than others so just ask if you require an explanation on any one in particular.

On topic - I do not believe a protest will achieve anything whatsoever. I say this despite the fact that I am in support of any potential initiative* that could enable the Heart of Midlothian support to buy-out VR's regime over the long term.

* - Codename P.I.T.S.

Mince

At last, 400+ posts in and someone puts forward a decent mandate.

I would suggest to the protesters who have vowed to stand by Peter after the Celtic game to use the above post as your directive.

Your best chance of at least making a point is to have some sort of a clue as to what you are protesting for, and what you wish to gain.

Well done at last to Drylaw Hearts for offering something constructive.

Yes, I do not agree with all he says, but at least he has put something clear, concise and contstructive allowing people to decide from themselves if they agree or not.

Yes, I do not agree with all he says, but at least he has put something clear, concise and contstructive allowing people to decide from themselves if they agree or not.

You get the answers you want/dread.

What next?

You get the answers you want/dread.

What next?

Would it not depend on what the answers were?

Charlie-Brown

DH's questions are more suitable for an AGM and should be properly formulated submitted in writing to the club, if this is submitted properly within the rules then they are required to provide some answers or explanations , iam often surprised that our shareholders don't seem to use what powers they do have to try to obtain the information sought. Iam surprised nobody has done this before or if they have what success have they had?

DH's questions are more suitable for an AGM and should be properly formulated submitted in writing to the club, if this is submitted properly within the rules then they are required to provide some answers or explanations , iam often surprised that our shareholders don't seem to use what powers they do have to try to obtain the information sought. Iam surprised nobody has done this before or if they have what success have they had?

At the last AGM I was at (2008), the first two people to stand up treated the occasion as a personal soap box. The first guy spent about ten minutes talking up the virtues of the Tartan Army and had to be shouted down to ask a bloody question! The second guy went on like some father of the bride at a wedding and it took an hour plus for anyone to ask a decent question.

Most of the event was toe-curling and it was little wonder Rodney treated the meeting with such disdain.

Some good points made D.H., but instead of focusing on the past i think any dialogue should be about the 'right now' and 'the future' instead of going over old ground (the old ground is done, we can't change that).

The Mighty Thor
Some good points made D.H., but instead of focusing on the past i think any dialogue should be about the 'right now' and 'the future' instead of going over old ground (the old ground is done, we can't change that).

I think that we need to be very aware of the 'old ground' Gambo there's been a hell of a lot of mistakes made in the past that are having a profound effect on the here and now and i suspect the future. 40 odd million reasons to be aware of them.

That said, there's a lot to protest about this year and none of them are Vladimir Romanov.

Very good questions DH. Ultimately the fact remains that there is very little we can do if we don't like the answers, however it will at least let us know if Romanov is capable of constructive dialogue.

Back on the subject of protest. I see Jammy T is comparing the potential protest to the Suffragette's and the Chinese students movement for democracy at Tiannemen Square in an earlier post. How loose a grasp on reality do some folk have on here? These were major political movements with clear objectives, apart from the fact comparing them to fan disatisfaction at a football club is ludicrous, both protest movements were absolutely clear about what they were protesting about and what they were seeking to achieve. Neither is evident in this case.

i am behind you 100%, me and a couple of others were thinking after united game but if its celtic your going for then thats not a problem,

why do so many on hear be criticle of spelling etc am sorry but when the **** did this site become and english grammer test, posh ignoarnt ****s man, he making his point he allowed to rant and rave as he wishes, you knobheads who think that its great to point out certain mistakes well then go becoming a english teacher or somthing of sort

and to people who say why protest

why because this club is in ruins in the tatters there no backbone there no scouting system, there no funds, he doesnt come out with his vision, he more intrested in other things, so if he is happy enough then fine and am sorry but there are plenty of people out there with wealth that would put money into this club, its like rangers for example they will get a new investor because there can be profit made and there could be profit made here if run correctly and in right manner

Archived