please join in the protest

sneakypete

Good idea BJ (lol)

If i were one of the 20-60 protestors, I would want you to take over from Peter, he is not doing a good job.

Your dates make much more sense mate, Peter needs a man like you.

You probably have no interest in doing such a thing, I dont blame you.

Buzz,

Does that mean you are organising a protest against Peter's Protest????

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HEARTS FOREVER
I only recall a couple of talks that actually included VR.

Anyway....

A protest will only happen if the next 3 results are crap and our SPL position is bottom 3.

Be honest mate....If we win against Celtic there isn't a chance you or anyone else will protest behind the main stand.

Because of our current situation we won't get another buyer any time soon so what do we do ?

What are we actually planning to shout about ?

I agree with what you are saying.

But i will be shouting about the way the club is being mis-managed and forgotten about by Romanov.

Oh and how pish the team is to watch.:stuart:

Its better than doing nothing at all and pretending things are fine IMO.

Our club is a ticking timebomb under Romanov, Our February D-day will come soon enough and either he will pull the plug or paper over the cracks for at least another wee while.

Doing nothing IMO is not the answer.

Protesting is the only way run of the mill supporters can have a say whether it has an effect or not.

broughies tach

There are people far better placed in supporters groups etc to get an audience with those who matter.

Are we talking about the same folk that flew across to Eastern Europe to blow smoke up the ass of our favourite Lithuianin ogligarch ? And what sort of grilling do you think they might give him ??

:laugh:

There's some folk on this thread who have actually spun off the planet. The best part is, a lot of the most off the wall nutcases are the ones who think they're the voices of reason and sense in a sea of madness. Cracking stuff to read.

DH is actually putting up a convincing and constructive case, which is more than can be said for many - I think quite a lot of the more rabid on either side of the debate would do well to pay attention to what he is suggesting. It's not for me to go looking for the answers DH wants, but I'd be interested to hear them if others do.

Personally, though, I'd be looking for answers from our manager first.

By The Light..
Good idea BJ (lol)

If i were one of the 20-60 protestors, I would want you to take over from Peter, he is not doing a good job.

Your dates make much more sense mate, Peter needs a man like you.

You probably have no interest in doing such a thing, I dont blame you.

Cheers Buzz, without a change of owner I predict plenty of small protests and fans fighting amongst themselves in real life and on keyboards, however the only real protest is to vote with your feet and your wallet.

Sad to say and evener sadder to witness but that's what it's coming down to.

broughies tach

Personally, though, I'd be looking for answers from our manager first.

Jeez Thommo if we asked our one trick pony all those questions we would never get an answer before 2010 (and no I am not talking about ten past eight tonight GMT) let alone after the Celtic game :43:

I agree with what you are saying.

But i will be shouting about the way the club is being mis-managed and forgotten about by Romanov.

Oh and how pish the team is to watch.:stuart:

Its better than doing nothing at all and pretending things are fine IMO.

Our club is a ticking timebomb under Romanov, Our February D-day will come soon enough and either he will pull the plug or paper over the cracks for at least another wee while.

Doing nothing IMO is not the answer.

Protesting is the only way run of the mill supporters can have a say whether it has an effect or not.

Isn't it all a bit pointless protesting about Romanov outside Tynecastle, when the owner will be at home in Lithuania?

I don't think any of us are happy with the current team, but lets be honest here, the so called business men that everyone hails as the future saviours of the club have been notable for their silence since before Romanov even took over.

The chances of any getting involved now are nil with the current debt as it stands, and I don't see how we can trade our way out of it.

I've said this in other recent threads that we need to look at the immediate problem, which is getting the team (under)performances and managerial situation sorted out first. When we have a successful team, we can start to build players into sellable assets to reduce the debt - after all that is what the academy is supposed to be producing replacements for.

There is no immediate solution to the Romanov problem unless one of us wins big on Euro Millions, so lets focus on the immediate problems and deal with the long term problems later.

Jeez Thommo if we asked our one trick pony all those questions we would never get an answer before 2010 let alone after the Celtic game :43:

:laugh:

You might be onto something there...

Cheers Buzz, without a change of owner I predict plenty of small protests and fans fighting amongst themselves in real life and on keyboards, however the only real protest is to vote with your feet and your wallet.

Sad to say and evener sadder to witness but that's what it's coming down to.

No!!!!! We have to have big protests, otherwise my planned range of T-shirts won't make enough money!!!

wm-front.jpg

wm-front3.jpg

wm-front2.jpg

It's interesting to read that HEARTS FOREVER, Peter and many others are going to go through with this no matter what the score. I'm impressed.

Just a couple of questions to the protest organisers:

Where exactly are you meeting? Is it the nursary side? The middle? Or the Gorgie Suite end?

How do you identify eachother before the protest?

And what will you be doing?

Will there be singing? Chanting? Shouting? Placards?

If so, what songs will be sung? Or is it sang?

What demands are being made?

I've said this in other recent threads that we need to look at the immediate problem, which is getting the team (under)performances and managerial situation sorted out first. .

But how is that going to change for the better FB? It`s exactly why some fans want to protest.

Have you forgotten it`s Romanov who calls the shots to an extent and rules with an iron fist over transfers? As long as Romanov remains at the club i doubt we`ll ever have that feeling of being proper football club like we did in the Mercer days or thereafter before VR came.

Wallace Mercer trusted his manager and let him get on with the job of galvanising the team/club and getting the players playing for a team they`d be honed on caring about. I know Vlad has taekn on something he didn`t have to, and i hold my hands up to him for that, but the guy`s strategy isn`t really working is it ? bar the 2005/06 season when he really cared as an owner should.

I actually really want to see this protest. I worry for Pete because it is clearly going to be an epic fail.

I would like to know the song list as well. And I thought someone said yesterday that the police dont let fans in the Gorgie and Wheatfield stands through that way, so they wont be able to get to the back of the Main Stand.

Will one of the 20 - 60 protestors answer!!?!?!

No!!!!! We have to have big protests, otherwise my planned range of T-shirts won't make enough money!!!

wm-front.jpg

wm-front3.jpg

wm-front2.jpg

:lol: :laugh2:

Brilliant RJ

It's interesting to read that HEARTS FOREVER, Peter and many others are going to go through with this no matter what the score. I'm impressed.

Just a couple of questions to the protest organisers:

Where exactly are you meeting? Is it the nursary side? The middle? Or the Gorgie Suite end?

How do you identify eachother before the protest?

And what will you be doing?

Will there be singing? Chanting? Shouting? Placards?

If so, what songs will be sung? Or is it sang?

What demands are being made?

i was just about to ask the same things BB.

also... despite this thread slowly changing from all out lunacy to quite a good wide reaching debate, it doesn't yet seem as if the OP is doing enough himself to drum up support for his cause and has ended up getting others to unwittingly do his bidding... some very well it must be said.

this could end up quite a popular protest. not in the conventional sense of course because it appears there will be a very small number protesting... more in the number of people who will undoubtedly be aching to know what happens and will turn up to spectate.

could this be a first? a small protest group with a much larger audience watching eagerly at close quarters.

a much larger audience watching eagerly at close quarters.

I'll be in Robbo's. I'm not standing out in the cold to watch a bunch of kiddy-on martyrs make a fool of themselves. :10900:

I'll be in Robbo's. I'm not standing out in the cold to watch a bunch of kiddy-on martyrs make a fool of themselves. :10900:

to be honest it's just become too fascinating NOT to watch.

car crash television superimposed on to real life for a few minutes. it will be like finding a classic version of jeremy kyle and not being able to switch the channel.

i'll be there for a laugh and then i'll be not long behind you.

i'll be there for a laugh and then i'll be not long behind you.

Take some video footage on your mobile and you can let me watch it in Robbo's. There's a pint in it for you. :smoking:

Take some video footage on your mobile and you can let me watch it in Robbo's. There's a pint in it for you. :smoking:

sounds like a decent plan. the footage could be a bit shaky, what with all the laughing, abuse and hand gestures.

Drylaw Hearts

Vic/Therapist.....

Just to clarify - are you taking part in the OP's protest or not ?

:stuart:

Seriously.....

Do you guys think all is ok and we should just shut up, sit down and watch the debt increase whilst the quality of the team/squad gets worse ?

Vic/Therapist.....

Seriously.....

Do you guys think all is ok and we should just shut up, sit down and watch the debt increase whilst the quality of the team/squad gets worse ?

DH i would refer you to my earlier post which praised your contribution and also to mine at #614 which commends the overall nature of the subsquent debate. there's been a lot of good stuff said by a wide range of posters.

on the protest as it stands.... cobblers to it.

Drylaw Hearts
DH i would refer you to my earlier post which praised your contribution and also to mine at #614 which commends the overall nature of the subsquent debate. there's been a lot of good stuff said by a wide range of posters.

on the protest as it stands.... cobblers to it.

Thank you Vic.

But....

Do you think all is ok and we should just shut up, sit down and watch the debt increase whilst the quality of the team/squad gets worse ?

sounds like a decent plan. the footage could be a bit shaky, what with all the laughing, abuse and hand gestures.

what do you think will be the bigger crowd, the protest or those watching it?

EDIT - Oops peebles moment!

Colonel Kurtz
Vic/Therapist.....

Seriously.....

I have a copy of "The audacity of Hope" for you

Dont worry about the knockers they go on about kiddy on martyrs making a fool of themselves whilst standing in Robbos with a bunch of kiddy on proddies making a fool of themselves

Rotherham Jambo

could this be a first? a small protest group with a much larger audience watching eagerly at close quarters.

Have you never been dogging :10900:

Thank you Vic.

But....

Do you think all is ok and we should just shut up, sit down and watch the debt increase whilst the quality of the team/squad gets worse ?

it would be crazy man talk for me to claim that there are not problems and negative aspects to romanov's running of the club... so i will... sorry i mean i wont.

i think confrontational tactics will fail utterly miserably with romanov. i don't think he's the sort of man who would take kindly to it and he's never shown any inclination to make concessions or admit to mistakes. he is famously massively up his own bum and has no regard for the abilities of others.

i think the only meaningful agenda to follow is to seek a conversational channel with important people at the club through whatever ways present themselves. i know there hasn't been much success in the past but i do believe that romanov listens to certain people to a degree and it might just be possible to push the right buttons if we kept trying.

what do you think will be the bigger crowd, the protest or those watching it?

i think the audience will vastly out number the rabble.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Does Simon Cowell sign a new singer to his label without hearing them 1st?,so therefor they were Romanov's signings as he passed them.

And no Obua isn't worth 4 k a week,but is Nade worth 16k a week?and who signed him,is Kingston worth 15 k a week and who signed him?Who brought in all the ****ty Liths we've had to endure the last few seasons?The players that have made crazy horse money have been Scottish i.e Gordon,Berra,Hartley etc,none of who that nutter signed.

Speechless.

So every signing that has come in since Romanov bought into the club has been his by that logic, which kind of defeats your argument since Skacel should be added to your last list.

Seriously.....

Seriously.....

1. There are no white knights or other suitors waiting in the wings. If Mr Romanov walks, we are royally screwed and oblivion would beckon. Personally I find the idea of supporting ASC Hearts (or equivalent) in the Edinburgh amateur league to be a laughable and quite ridiculous proposition.

2. What really riles me is the financial naivety of those who are proposing action. The sums they claim could be raised by Hearts fans is fantasy stuff. More worryingly, they do not even have a basic understanding of balance sheets, P&Ls, assets and liabilities. They put forward a scenario where Mr Romanov could simply walk away from Hearts and its debt without harming any of his companies, and this is fantasy stuff.

Consequently I'm not going to to anything that could hound Mr Romanov out of the club and cause its death. And I'm certainly not going to do it based on the spurious arguments of a bunch of diddies* who do not understand finance.

* Not having a go at you there.

Drylaw Hearts

i think confrontational tactics will fail utterly miserably with romanov. i don't think he's the sort of man who would take kindly to it and he's never shown any inclination to make concessions or admit to mistakes. he is famously massively up his own bum and has no regard for the abilities of others.

Agreed.

i think the only meaningful agenda to follow is to seek a conversational channel with important people at the club through whatever ways present themselves. i know there hasn't been much success in the past but i do believe that romanov listens to certain people to a degree and it might just be possible to push the right buttons if we kept trying.

Agreed.

i think the audience will vastly out number the rabble.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Agreed.

well hopefully something positive can happen along peaceful lines and it seems just as worthy to explore that policy than the extremists' way of insisting that staging any kind of protest no matter what means that they are bigger, better and more passionate fans than the silent majority.

i suppose JammyT will still be claiming the credit for opening up a pandora's box of well thought out debate with his claim that any protest would lead on to better action... even if he did have me in stitches with his insistence that people shouldn't bother asking what this protest was all about.

his insistence that people shouldn't bother asking what this protest was all about.

It's more fun if one doesn't know. :peepwall:

It's more fun if one doesn't know. :peepwall:

well this is what i was thinking last night, a kind of secret santa protest.

jump about like lunatics for half an hour and then gather round to be told the big secret by the ringleader. i can just imagine the look of bemusement on the coupons now.

but... but... i'm really not that bothered about that bit. is that why i've been mincin about like a shop's in the freezing cauld?

by the way my season ticket is for the wheatfield stand row 2 section b seat 9 so if you want just ask me at the dundee utd game and i,ll happilly oblige , for the record am no ****ING HOBO OR IDIOT just a very concerned jambo who doesnt like the way the fud is running our club , always here to answer ok

by the way my season ticket is for the wheatfield stand row 2 section b seat 9 so if you want just ask me at the dundee utd game and i,ll happilly oblige , for the record am no ****ING HOBO OR IDIOT just a very concerned jambo who doesnt like the way the fud is running our club , always here to answer ok

Great, thanks Pete. Ok, what exactly do you want to see changed at Hearts?

What is it you want to protest about peter?

the running of the club and also want to hear why there has been no plans unveiled or new application for the new main stand also ma mate keenan says he,ll be there

the running of the club and also want to hear why there has been no plans unveiled or new application for the new main stand also ma mate keenan says he,ll be there

seriously, you don't know why :curtain:

ma mate keenan says he,ll be there

Congratulations. I always feel that two protestors have more impact than one.

Thanks. What aspects of the running of the club would you like to change, apart from the stand? And also, what format is the demonstration going to take (placards?, leaflets?, how long will it last? etc.)?

No offence Pete but you should allow someone else to spearhead your protest.

You're not coming accross very well and you're really not communicating your ideas in any sensible way.

Good luck by the way.

Thanks. What aspects of the running of the club would you like to change, apart from the stand? And also, what format is the demonstration going to take (placards?, leaflets?, how long will it last? etc.)?

And will any russian hats be available for throwing ?:hat2:

Excellent! More comedy gold!

This one's definitely heading for the "Classics" forum. :10900:

Now we're getting somewhere.

List the kind of things you mean by "the running of the club"

Think the new main stand thing is dead in the water for the time being under current financial restrictions and that is not Romanov's doing to be fair.

Did you mean for him to come out and give a statment on the plans for the stand as things are just now?

Also would like to know what form any protest you were thinking of would take??

Not sure that 60 fans all flicking the vickies up to the boardroom window would be taken very seriously by anyone IMO.

SNEAKYPETE,

please explain what your objectives are. what is it you would like to see result from a successful protest?

do you want mad vlad ooooot?

do you want mad vlad in but miraculously changed for the better forever like ebeneezer scrooge after he's been visited by the ghosts in 'a christmas carol'?

do you want hearts to start spending more money?

do you want hearts to spend less and reduce the debts?

do you want csaba oot?

do you want any specific type of manager?

cheers.

yours in much hope... me.

Drylaw Hearts
Seriously.....

1. There are no white knights or other suitors waiting in the wings. If Mr Romanov walks, we are royally screwed and oblivion would beckon. Personally I find the idea of supporting ASC Hearts (or equivalent) in the Edinburgh amateur league to be a laughable and quite ridiculous proposition.

2. What really riles me is the financial naivety of those who are proposing action. The sums they claim could be raised by Hearts fans is fantasy stuff. More worryingly, they do not even have a basic understanding of balance sheets, P&Ls, assets and liabilities. They put forward a scenario where Mr Romanov could simply walk away from Hearts and its debt without harming any of his companies, and this is fantasy stuff.

Consequently I'm not going to to anything that could hound Mr Romanov out of the club and cause its death. And I'm certainly not going to do it based on the spurious arguments of a bunch of diddies* who do not understand finance.

* Not having a go at you there.

So you do have concerns but are too scared to voice them incase Big Bad Vlad takes the huff ?

So you do have concerns but are too scared to voice them incase Big Bad Vlad takes the huff ?

Drylaw, do the guy Pete a favour and offer to give him some help with his protest. More people would take it seriously if someone with some ability to communicate was behind it.

vis a vis, aka the protest?

gareth_boss.jpg

scots civil war

nuff cosa,we need and want a clear and concise picture and details of this venture

whos this keenan dude anyway peter ?

is he coming in from the septic end or something ?

My thoughts entirely. I'm in full accordance with Therapist on the financial realities, incidentally - but as I pointed out last week, it seems for all the world that the logical conclusion of his argument is given we're technically insolvent and too expensive and unprofitable for anyone to buy, it's only a matter of time before the club dies: until Romanov either gets too old or can no longer afford to prop us up.

And that's a seriously dispiriting conclusion. No wonder people are trying to do something, however hopeless the situation appears.

Speechless.

So every signing that has come in since Romanov bought into the club has been his by that logic, which kind of defeats your argument since Skacel should be added to your last list.

Woopee doo,i left out Skacel,his pishy signings will NEVER add up to even Craig Gordons.Considering the arse brought in 80/90 players the ONLY ones that have MADE him money are the ones that have already been at the club i.e again Gordon,Hartley,Berra,and now Wallace and Driver. And exactly how long did Skacel actually stay under that nutter.And soon the 2 Thomsons will be ofski aswell.

Its actually you that makes me SPEECHLESS,that you can even consider loving that dictator.Do you actually go to the games????????????

Archived