please join in the protest

sneakypete

not having a go mate but i think it unlikely that the non-purchase of a few (albeit incredibly extortionate) pies, crisps and colas will have romanov on his knees begging for absolution.

finding a new buyer the solution? i wouldn't hold out too much hope for that for fear of disappointment. the particular circumstances would sems to point to a rather prolonged ownership of the club by one vladimir romanov.

'till death do us part maybe.

Aye, on second thoughts - you may well be right - on all counts!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it is safe to assume that most Hearts fans are critical of how Romanov has run the club and would like to see a new owner, myself included. However unless any protest has a clear objective and the means to carry out that objective then ultimately it will achieve nothing.

Furthermore, what exactly is it we are protesting about?

• The poor state of the clubs finances? - Where were the protests in 2005/6 when a sizeable chunk of the debt was run up?
  • Poor on-pitch performance? - Is there a minimum league placing the club must not drop below to avoid protest? Will a few wins be enough to assauge those intending to protest?
  • Romanov himself? - Have you a viable alternative?

By all means express dis-satisfaction if it helps you let off some steam. But without a clear objective and the means to back that up, any protest is ultimately doomed to failure.

This.

at least i care about my team you ****ing **** and am prepared to do something about rather than sit on my arse

I think one used to be The Carlton on North Bridge.

I'd guess the other one is The Crowne Plaza ( old Scandic on the High St).

No idea though, just a guess.

In that case, One ticket to Lithuania, please.

42-17079787.jpg?size=67&uid=6E91FB5B-57C9-4C1C-95BC-98104D7DAF1E

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
i hope that the board at least listen to the fans for once and give us a statement to what is actually happening instead of bull**** . i am hoping to at least hear something postive from our board who many think the sun shines out of there arse and am willing to do something i.e. protest at the running of my beloved club instead of doing nothing . we should at least be united instead of bickering and only used real radio and een ti drum up support . am not trying to upset any fans ,just want thye board to realise that were no mugs

Everyone would like a statement of intent and all that but is protesting around the back of the Main going to achieve that? I'd have thought you'd be better off trying to get in contact with someone at the club or Romanov if that's all you want. People have arranged meetings with the man himself before. It is possible.

I don't think you're really sure what you want though, tbh. Don't fall into the trap of thinking everyone wants to protest, by the way, because they don't. A lot of people are doing nothing because they don't feel there is anything worth protesting about. Not because they don't love the club.

at least i care about my team you ****ing **** and am prepared to do something about rather than sit on my arse

Pete - could you at least try and engage with some of the more reasonable points people have made? Such as what the aim of the protest is, and what you hope to achieve? Take particular note of what redm said when it comes to speaking to the media too: the media will want to make you and Hearts fans look like idiots, and you need to be wary of that.

Jambo, Goodbye

Good PR work :hat2:

I can't help thinking this thread could of been very different if you had discussed and debated on it a little more, maybe not a resounding success but more than a shambles at least.

You haven't even told us which window we're to shout at :stuart:

i hope that the board at least listen to the fans for once and give us a statement to what is actually happening instead of bull**** . i am hoping to at least hear something postive from our board who many think the sun shines out of there arse and am willing to do something i.e. protest at the running of my beloved club instead of doing nothing . we should at least be united instead of bickering and only used real radio and een ti drum up support . am not trying to upset any fans ,just want thye board to realise that were no mugs

Pete I'd take your campaign elsewhere. Kickback is just a very small minority of fans. Your campaign will gather more speed on air and in the paper. There were around eight pages after your original post and probably eight to come. You will just get slaughtered on here. There is no point even explaining your reasons for a protest as you will get it from every angle from many posters. If you are serious but keep trying to gain momentum.

Okay, but what EXACTLY will the board be listening to? What are you planning to ask them?

Has he arranged interviews with the media?! Oh dear. If any journos are reading this thread (they will be all over it) they will be ripping him up for arse paper after seeing his attitude.

A total time waster.

Don't think your protest will do any good mate, but all the best.

We are in a no win situation - can't move forward with him or can't live without him. Personally i think we are best going into administration and doing a Dundee and start again. The problem is that Mr R wants his candy back, which is never going to happen. Unless a jambo wins the Euro Millions.

Anyway, we live in a democracy and everyone is entitled to their opinion and the right of protest.

Hopefully better times will come back to Tynecastle free of the puppet master, but i think this day is a long way off. Maybe when this day returns, the jambos will return in their droves.

Priceless , you could well have just contributed to getting your 'call to protest' thread closed down. Any credibility you had left:th_o: has just evaporated i'm afraid.

That people expect a protest to have some sort of Constitution attached to it is understandable - it makes it easy for those with a particular agenda to attack the notion of protest as something ridiculous and ill conceived

Protests by their nature are often ad hoc and possibly even shambolic. This does not mean they are ineffective

In the scheme of things Emily Davison running under a horse at the Derby to her death was a fairly stupid, ill conceived and shambolic protest - but we all know of it, and it was one of a number of protests for this cause which led to the end result

One protest by Pete will unlikely change anything, but if it is the start of something then it will have played its part.

The notion that there needs to be a viable option in order to take part in a protest is an understandable point to make, but it ignores that many of the protests that have taken place in the world throughout history have started off as hopeless causes. The abolition of slavery, the suffragettes etc, at the outset of such protests it was probably inconceivable to the vast majority of people at that time that there shouldnt be slaves, there should be women voters "what nonsense" etc

For JKB to demand that a protest be sculpted to Oxford or Cambridge degree standards is laugable - but again, it suits the agenda of the people making those demands.

Change nearly always needs a catalyst without knowing what the end result will be - we'd all still be in caves were that not the case

Pete I'd take your campaign elsewhere. Kickback is just a very small minority of fans. Your campaign will gather more speed on air and in the paper. There were around eight pages after your original post and probably eight to come. You will just get slaughtered on here. There is no point even explaining your reasons for a protest as you will get it from every angle from many posters. If you are serious but keep trying to gain momentum.

Abusing other posters wont help his cause.

I promised myself I wouldn't post, but I have to compliment some of the absolute comedy gold one-liners here.

My take on this - why the feck are we protesting?

Mad Vlad saved us from Murrayfield. If nothing else his involvement has bought us time. Since then...

Mad Vlad undoubtedly interfered in team selection in the intial years of his tenure. We complained about it. Current goings on suggest he has undoubtedly stopped doing so.

Mad Vlad was trigger happy with his managers/head coaches. We complained. He has undoubtedly stopped. It may be because he has faith in Laszlo or it may be that he can't afford to pay off Laszlo - but either way, he has stopped being trigger happy.

Mad Vlad invested millions in players trying to take Hearts to the next level, adding to our debt. We complained about it. He has undoubtedly stopped. Our strategy now seems to be to develop players from lower leagues and our Academy to sell at a profit, reduce debt and live within our means.

Mad Vlad made his money in banks - surely it's unreasonable to expect Vlad to be spending money in this climate?

So, why are we protesting?

Is Mad Vlad perfect - hell no - I don't trust him an inch - the summer will we or won't we sign a striker saga proved that. But what exactly has Mad Vlad done in the last few weeks to warrant protesting? Nowt. Nixi. Nada. Sure, I'd like to hear what his long term plans for us are, given that the world is a different place to the world of 2 years ago and I have no doubt like many club owners (cough, Sir David Murray) his priorities and goalposts have changed. But what has he done in the last few weeks, what was the tipping point?

Hearts are in the bottom half of the league, and as much as I hate to say it as I was a big fan, questions need to be asked of Csaba Laszlo about poor tactics, poor substitutions and baffling team selections. That's why we are where we are.

If you are going to protest and make a statement then why not protest inside the stadium. Once the final whistle has gone stay inside the stadium and chant or do whatever you want to do.

If you could make it a home game where Vlad attends and get a couple of hundred to join you then it will get some type of message across.

How To Win Friends & Influence People. Look forward to your book launch.

For JKB to demand that a protest be sculpted to Oxford or Cambridge degree standards is laugable - but again, it suits the agenda of the people making those demands.

Change nearly always needs a catalyst without knowing what the end result will be - we'd all still be in caves were that not the case

Aye right.

People are rightly asking what the protest is about and the 'leader' can barely even answer that without getting abusive. At least he's trying to do something though unlike many of the unhappy souls. :hat2:

Abusing other posters wont help his cause.

I totally agree. But when people are calling him a hobo, idiot or whatever, it isn't easy. Pete obviously hasn't done this sort of thing before, and sounds like he's in despair, and maybe lacking the kind of cultural capital which'd enable him to rise above the barbs. That isn't a crime: he just loves the club, as do we all.

Hearts are in the bottom half of the league, and as much as I hate to say it as I was a big fan, questions need to be asked of Csaba Laszlo about poor tactics, poor substitutions and baffling team selections. That's why we are where we are.

we are currently bottom 6 for 2nd season in 3. Csaba was nowhere near us first time round...

yes but WHAT EXACTLY are you doing about it... whatever 'it' might be?

we have gathered you plan to stage some kind of protest but what are you going to protest about?

it might prove useful to your quest for support if you could possible be slightly clearer on this point.

why is that? isn't it reasonable to ask the guy what his reasons are and what his objectives might be?

if he explains himself and what he hopes to achieve he becomes far more credible... no?

I promised myself I wouldn't post, but I have to compliment some of the absolute comedy gold one-liners here.

Mad Vlad saved us from Murrayfield. If nothing else his involvement has bought us time. Since then...

Mad Vlad undoubtedly interfered in team selection in the intial years of his tenure. We complained about it. Current goings on suggest he has undoubtedly stopped doing so.

Mad Vlad was trigger happy with his managers/head coaches. We complained. He has undoubtedly stopped. It may be because he has faith in Laszlo or it may be that he can't afford to pay off Laszlo - but either way, he has stopped being trigger happy.

Mad Vlad invested millions in players trying to take Hearts to the next level, adding to our debt. We complained about it. He has undoubtedly stopped. Our strategy now seems to be to develop players from lower leagues and our Academy to sell at a profit, reduce debt and live within our means.

Mad Vlad made his money in banks - surely it's unreasonable to expect Vlad to be spending money in this climate?

Is Mad Vlad perfect - hell no - I don't trust him an inch - the summer will we or won't we sign a striker saga proved that. But what exactly has Mad Vlad done in the last few weeks to warrant protesting? Nowt. Nixi. Nada. Sure, I'd like to hear what his long term plans for us are, given that the world is a different place to the world of 2 years ago and I have no doubt like many club owners (cough, Sir David Murray) his priorities and goalposts have changed. But what has he done in the last few weeks, what was the tipping point?

Well said.

First sensible post on this thread. Go and talk face to face to some fans' representatives. You'll get a much better idea about how fans really feel than you will from the small sample of apologists, wind-up merchants and hand-wringers who populate JKB. :2thumbsup:

Aye right.

People are rightly asking what the protest is about and the 'leader' can barely even answer that without getting abusive. At least he's trying to do something though unlike many of the unhappy souls. :hat2:

I share the view that for any protest to work it needs a near united fan base. Its clear thats not the case at the present time.

Not going to take cheap potshots at the op to make myself feel big and clever though.

What are you doing about your dislike for Csaba? Moaning on here or doing something about it?

Mate, I genuinely applaud you and your strength of feeling.

Why are we suddenly protesting? To remove Mad Vlad? To get Mad Vald to invest in the team? Re-build Tynecastle? What are we aiming for?

I'm not having a go, but you need to get people on side. We can't make mad Vlad disappear, so what message are we trying to send him and what do you want him to do?

That people expect a protest to have some sort of Constitution attached to it is understandable - it makes it easy for those with a particular agenda to attack the notion of protest as something ridiculous and ill conceived

Protests by their nature are often ad hoc and possibly even shambolic. This does not mean they are ineffective

In the scheme of things Emily Davison running under a horse at the Derby to her death was a fairly stupid, ill conceived and shambolic protest - but we all know of it, and it was one of a number of protests for this cause which led to the end result

One protest by Pete will unlikely change anything, but if it is the start of something then it will have played its part.

The notion that there needs to be a viable option in order to take part in a protest is an understandable point to make, but it ignores that many of the protests that have taken place in the world throughout history have started off as hopeless causes. The abolition of slavery, the suffragettes etc, at the outset of such protests it was probably inconceivable to the vast majority of people at that time that there shouldnt be slaves, there should be women voters "what nonsense" etc

Come on, be serious Jammy....

It's not that it's a hopeless cause, nobody knows what the actual cause is meant to be in the first place. Big difference. To suggest that people are making unrealistic or unfair demands on the OP is just grabbing at straws. It's not about agenda, it's about knowing what the heck the protest is about. If he can't answer that, why on earth would people support it? It's ridiculous.

Can someone please answer on question I have about this protest? Who wants to come in and buy the club?

Even that plumber guy hasn't come out in papers saying he wants to buy out Romanov.

With the current financial cilmate, who wants to buy a Scottish football club with the debt we have. There is no point in protesting until we have a proper alternative to Romanov.

It's not that it's a hopeless cause, nobody knows what the actual cause is meant to be in the first place. Big difference. To suggest that people are making unrealistic or unfair demands on the OP is just grabbing at straws. It's not about agenda, it's about knowing what the heck the protest is about. If he can't answer that, why on earth would people support it? It's ridiculous.

Look forward to the boy doing his media run though - should be something out of the ordinary, especially if they ask him a question he doesn't like!

I wish you the very best of luck Pete, your passion about our club is clear for everyone to see & please dont let the comments of a few morons put you off i wish that someone could help put a bit more structure to your protest_ perhaps some of the clever types that think it more fit to ridicule you would like to offer something constructive? but its probably more fun to slag you, anyway good luck.

So all the Stephen Fry's on this board dont get that he wants rid of Vlad?

Its ridiculous that people pretend not to get it just to take cheap pot shots

I share the view that for any protest to work it needs a near united fan base. Its clear thats not the case at the present time.

Not going to take cheap potshots at the op to make myself feel big and clever though.

What are you doing about your dislike for Csaba? Moaning on here or doing something about it?

I'm going to do absolutely nothing about my dislike for Csaba because in reality I actually really want him to succeed at Hearts and feel that may be possible if he changes his mind set and attitude a bit.

How often do you see a protest to sack the manager? Very, very rarely. I'll just wait for it to run it's course. That's how it works.

Perfect chance for you to jump on board this protest and help Pedro out a bit ... gain some momentum and all that. Why don't you go for it?

Can someone please answer on question I have about this protest? Who wants to come in and buy the club?

We didnt know Vlad was interested in us when protesting against Robinson

Indeed, good chance that it was those protests which got his attention

i'm sorry but this is utter nonsense.

you're actually trying to excuse the guy from NOT engaging with his prospective audience.

this makes me wonder if you would actually be happier that ANY protest happened at all costs rather than people finding out what the person plans to protest about and what he aims to achieve.

what are you afraid of finding out? why wouldn't you want to know what this guy is all about?

bizarre and pretty worrying.

I would be delighted if Romanov sold up to someone else tomorrow but as long as there's a team to support now, then I will support it.

Why didn't we protest last season? Was it because of results being better or because Vlad was so different last term? If it's latter, then what is so different now? If it's the former, then why not protest aganst Csaba Laszlo?

Sneakypete's premise of doing 'something rather than nothing' is dependant on what doing nothing is. As a supporter, my job is to support the team, isn't it?

I've supported this club since the First Division days of 1982 and I will continue to do so. I support the club by buying my season ticket year on year and through the purchase of merchandise etc. I don't think I'm doing 'nothing'.

I respect sneakypete's right to protest but I reserve my right to say that doubt it will happen on any significant scale. Good luck though, lads.

Guest Vanbasten1874
And that is the problem. People are so anti Vlad, they just have a rant about nothing, rather than actually putting up a reasoned argument, which if they did, may actually win support from the so called 'Vlad Sheep'.

The truth is, Vlad has arsed up many time, we all know this, but not every time. Many of the issues we are facing are being faced by many other clubs and many of the issues are not Vlad's fault.

In addition, what happens if he does go - will we find a bank who are as tolereant when it comes to our debt? I dobut it - especially now so mnay are significantly owned by the tax payer. Even Rangers are having the whip cracked on them.

True and if by some miniscule chance they succeed in getting rid of Vlad whos to say the next owner wont be twice as feckin loopy . Im no Vlad lover but if you look at it rationally we are far ' better off ' for want of a better word with him than without him .

Perfect chance for you to jump on board this protest and help Pedro out a bit ... gain some momentum and all that. Why don't you go for it?

re-read my first sentence of the post you quoted

So all the Stephen Fry's on this board dont get that he wants rid of Vlad?

Its ridiculous that people pretend not to get it just to take cheap pot shots

Nobody's pretending not to 'get it', or I'm certainly not anyway. Call me thick but I actually don't understand what he wants at all. If he's protesting because he wants Vlad out then why on earth would he ideally be looking for some sort of statement from the board explaining the way forward? If he simply wants to let Vlad know that he wants him out, how on earth does it make sense that he wants to know what Vlad's intentions are?

If you 'get it' and fancy explaining on his behalf, please feel free.

I wish you the very best of luck Pete, your passion about our club is clear for everyone to see & please dont let the comments of a few morons put you off i wish that someone could help put a bit more structure to your protest_ perhaps some of the clever types that think it more fit to ridicule you would like to offer something constructive? but its probably more fun to slag you, anyway good luck.

If it's true that the OP doesn't have a ST then his passion is questionable.

This is hardly ad-hoc as no-one knows what the particular purpose is but I'll give you shambolic.

i'm sorry but this is utter nonsense.

you're actually trying to excuse the guy from NOT engaging with his prospective audience.

this makes me wonder if you would actually be happier that ANY protest happened at all costs rather than people finding out what the person plans to protest about and what he aims to achieve.

what are you afraid of finding out? why wouldn't you want to know what this guy is all about?

bizarre and pretty worrying.

in my view one shambolic protest may lead to more organised protests

A woman runnning under a horse, a man standing in front of a tank....

No need to be worried - I get how protests work - not all, by any means are structured and gold plated.

But if they arent it allows the sceptics to attack - this happens in nearly all situations where people want change. At some point, usually early doors before there is any momentum

Its not bizarre that I understand that

We didnt know Vlad was interested in us when protesting against Robinson

Indeed, good chance that it was those protests which got his attention

Remind me again, was that before or after the global economic meltdown :smiley2:

Look forward to the boy doing his media run though - should be something out of the ordinary, especially if they ask him a question he doesn't like!

He appears to have difficulty answering anything at all, never mind things he doesn't like.

If he thinks JKB is mean he's going to have a ball with the journos.

True and if by some miniscule chance they succeed in getting rid of Vlad whos to say the next owner wont be twice as feckin loopy . Im no Vlad lover but if you look at it rationally we are far ' better off ' for want of a better word with him than without him .

I can only think of one person more loopier tbh.

Screaming_Lord_Sutch.jpg

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I will turn up for the protest as long as there is sufficient refreshments.

Hog%20Roast.jpg

& a

2008-10-04_Beer_Fest_tents.jpg

Will do me :2thumbsup:

What we protesting about btw ??

Sums it up perfectly !

i just want to know if we win the next 3 games, will this protest still go ahead ? Because obviously this protest is about Vlad and not about how **** we are right now !

in my view one shambolic protest may lead to more organised protests

A woman runnning under a horse, a man standing in front of a tank....

No need to be worried - I get how protests work - not all, by any means are structured and gold plated.

But if they arent it allows the sceptics to attack - this happens in nearly all situations where people want change. At some point, usually early doors before there is any momentum

Its not bizarre that I understand that

so basically you are throwing your weight behind the protest because it is in fact a protest and may lead to more protests.

it matters not that people remain in the dark as to the cause & effect... it's not really important. what is important is that it's a protest.

so what happens if people following your lead later find out that the cause & effect are things they didn't support?

jammyt this is complete nonsense. you can't credibly ask people to back an action and tell them it's not their business to know what it's about.

Archived