please join in the protest

sneakypete

Drylaw Hearts
Great questions, but maybe all for the historians, apart from the three highlighted ... we need answers on our future first and foremost.

Whilst I agree we must look forward we need to understand what went on in the past.

Sweeping these issues under the carpet won't help and if we really are stuck with each other (VR/Hearts) then it's time everything was out in the open.

We're continually papering over cracks.

We need to know where we stand and we need to hear from the horse's mouth - a dodgy translation from some russian media outlet will not do.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your happy the way the club is being run, do nothing but at least let someone who is not happy and is prepared to voice his opinion get on with it.

Silence is more often regarded as a vote for the status quo. ( not the group before any smart arses comment).

Quiffy:qqb021:

Whilst I agree we must look forward we need to understand what went on in the past.

Sweeping these issues under the carpet won't help and if we really are stuck with each other (VR/Hearts) then it's time everything was out in the open.

We need to know where we stand and we need to hear from the horse's mouth - a dodgy translation from some russian media outlet will not do.

So if protesting is not a good way for you to vent your hatred of the institutions running this club then what do you propose to do?

Keep bitching about it on kickback?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
So if protesting is not a good way for you to vent your hatred of the institutions running this club then what do you propose to do?

I've enjoyed reading your posts in the last couple of days DH. This is the second thread in 2 minutes where this poster has gone after you like this. Don't take the bait.:2thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

Read the post just a couple before the one you jumped on.

I will happily support any attempts to get answers on what direction the club is heading - but me attempting to get these answers would be a waste of time.

There are people far better placed in supporters groups etc to get an audience with those who matter.

There JT amended it for you. :10900:

You must be loving this thread mate.:2thumbsup:

Moreso now that you are on it :stuart:

If I want to have a pop at Vlad I dont need a protest thread to do so. Every nook and cranny in Hearts has issues upon which you can easily attack his incompetence. Hearts are riddled with problems that are down to him

This thread has kind of proved the point I was making earlier though

Pete is Emily Davison, Drylaw is Emmeline Pankhurst.....:th_o:

Read the post just a couple before the one you jumped on.

I will happily support any attempts to get answers on what direction the club is heading - but me attempting to get these answers would be a waste of time.

There are people far better placed in supporters groups etc to get an audience with those who matter.

So in answer to my second question: yes, you will just continue to bitch about it on kickback?

Drylaw Hearts
I've enjoyed reading your posts in the last couple of days DH. This is the second thread in 2 minutes where this poster has gone after you like this. Don't take the bait.:2thumbsup:

Maybe Tucks could tell his opinion on the way things are going at Hearts ?

I wonder if he can honestly say he's happy and 100% comfortable with our financial position etc.

I look forward to reading his views.

If your happy the way the club is being run, do nothing but at least let someone who is not happy and is prepared to voice his opinion get on with it.

Silence is more often regarded as a vote for the status quo. ( not the group before any smart arses comment).

Quiffy:qqb021:

As far as I've read so far, nobody is stopping Peter and Co from protesting.

People are only asking the 'how', 'where' and 'why' questions and getting very little back in return.

Would you be so kind as to furnish me with evidence of another thread that I 'went after' DH in the same time period?

(The pyramid of Pi$h is a conglomerate of posters not an individual poster)

Drylaw Hearts
So in answer to my second question: yes, you will just continue to bitch about it on kickback?

My answer was clear.

I am hopeful that one of the afore mentioned bodies will come forward and look for talks.

They will get my support.

SOH had Gary Mackay.

A SOH II with Drylaw Hearts as the front man doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Sometimes it's ok to be in the background.

SOH will have had many guys in the background who did some sterling work but it was always the same few names at the frontline having talks and giving speeches etc.

I'm quite happy to do my bit if a SOH II, or similar, did decide action was needed but with all due respect to the OP - we need someone at the front who has a bit more influence.

My answer was clear.

I am hopeful that one of the afore mentioned bodies will come forward and look for talks.

SOH had Gary Mackay.

A SOH II with Drylaw Hearts as the front man doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

SOH will have had many guys in the background who did some sterling work but it was always the same few names at the frontline having talks and giving speeches etc.

I'm quite happy to do my bit if a SOH II, or similar, did decide action was needed but with all due respect to the OP - we need someone at the front who has a bit more influence.

Don't talk yourself down DH. Cometh the moment, cometh the man.

Are the meetings between JKB and representatives of the club no longer taking place?

Charlie-Brown
My answer was clear.

SOH had Gary Mackay.

Don't you think previous statements from Romanov, Ogilvie & Fedotovas provide a fairly clear direction DH?

They have stated and it was also in the last published accounts that they will continue to seek ways to reduce costs and make operating efficiences, they target taking the wage bill down to approx 50%-60% of turnover and plan to promote players through from the academy and ultimately sell players on.

What will happen with the debt? well UBIG said they would meet HMFC's debt obligations on an ongoing basis as they fell due but ultimately the club has to balance it's books on an annual basis.

I'd say that strategy was about as clear as any other you will find at Ibrox or Pittodrie or most other SPL clubs who all face difficult and ongoing finacial challenges.

ToadKiller Dog

So am i reading this right ,that none of the leading exponants of the Vlad out persuasion are actualy willing to join and actually help Team Peter build for the protest at the tic game ? .

What are you waiting for it is a good chance to start something

Real Shame as i would have liked to have heard the speeches and what those advocating change would have to say in a open rather than online arena ,Might have even convinced a good few to join myself included as i need convinced that risking the clubs future to agitate change is worth it .

If it is the case that none who shout the loudest are actually willing to take a stand along side team peter ,then the 15 or so pages of this thread is just bollox .

Charlie-Brown
Translation = Christ, don't protest or unite behind this kind of coherent message. Please be fooled into waiting for the AGM where you won't get a chance anyway.

Good post DH. You've got to them too, judging by these responses.

usual paranoid nonsense that is typical of yourself EH and jammy .... anyway the articles of association of HMFC provide ways and rights for the shareholders to request and recieve information, answers or explanations from the club management - this is fairly standard company law - if you comply with these articles of association and submit your requests within the appropriate timescales and in the correct manner then the club is obliged to provide answers either at the AGM or else in writing - these are powers that are available to minority shareholders - my advice if DH or other are determined to seek answers is learn the rules and use them to your advantage where appropriate, quite simple really.

The People's Chimp
and JJ.

If he had been a little more judicious with the SMG money, things may have turned out very differently.

I agree to an extent, but one has to ask to what extent JJ knew the realities of the SMG deal and what CPR didn't reveal.

A protest isn't the best place to start imo.

Someone who represents one of the fans groups or maybe even SOH would be better placed to attempt to arrange a meeting with CO/SF/VR.

A rational approach should be taken first and if there is still no answers to the concerns or concrete plans for the club revealed then another coarse of action needs to be taken.

There must be someone in one of the afore mentioned groups who have similar questions and concerns.

I think they are far more likely to get answers than some random fan from JKB.

Exactly the way to go and the points you set out in your other post are pretty much an ideal summation of the frustrations and disappointments felt by most fans.

You clearly didn't even read his post, which, as you'll see above, set out exactly the points you now petulantly attack him for in your post. Poor stuff.

Guest Dipped Flake
Don't you think previous statements from Romanov, Ogilivie & Fedotovas provide a fairly clear direction DH?

They have stated and it was also in the last published accounts that they will continue to seek ways to reduce costs and make operating efficiences, they target taking the wage bill down to approx 50%-60% of turnover and plan to promote players through from the academy and ultimately sell players on.

What will happen with the debt? well UBIG said they would meet HMFC's debt obligations on an ongoing basis as they fell due but ultimately the club has to balance it's books on an annual basis.

I'd say that strategy was about as clear as any other you will find at Ibrox or Pittodrie or most other SPL clubs who all face difficult and ongoing finacial challenges.

I know you take some amount of stick on here for being a 'Romanov plant' or similar but I have to agree with all you have written above. I'm not sure what people want from Romanov (apart from giving us millions of pounds to spend on more players which he patently can no longer do, if he ever actually could). I think it all stems from his initial rash (crazy?) statements about spending ?10million on a player, winning the league, european cup etc. These days were past years ago and he has to be judged on what he is doing now.

Guest JamboRobbo
then the club is obliged to provide answers either at the AGM or else in writing

or our **** of a chairmen tells you it's none of your business.

Charlie-Brown
or our **** of a chairmen tells you it's none of your business.

Well the obvious solution to that JR is to follow that up & find out why - maybe it was 'confidential' business that couldn't and shouldn't be publicly revealed - clubs sign confidential transfer agreements where the amount paid is 'undisclosed' which means it's a confidential amount between the parties involved - the amounts were included in the accounts and verified by the auditors - you previously said on at least 2 or 3 occassions this came up that you would personally write to Campbell Ogilvie seeking some answers but never reported back your findings - if you bothered to write & ask that is - and if you didn't then maybe nobody else did either?

I agree to an extent, but one has to ask to what extent JJ knew the realities of the SMG deal and what CPR didn't reveal.

Exactly the way to go and the points you set out in your other post are pretty much an ideal summation of the frustrations and disappointments felt by most fans.

You clearly didn't even read his post, which, as you'll see above, set out exactly the points you now petulantly attack him for in your post. Poor stuff.

What if the motive for posting was a petulant attack?

I jest.....

However it sounds like he is more than happy to sit back and bitch about the state of the club on here and wait for something 'better' than the current 'protest' to come along, rather than seeing how he can support this first attempt. Perhaps the problem is that a figurehead for a new SOH campaign will not step forward until it appears to be showing signs of momentum, which will not happen with people like DH sitting on here and waiting for a fantastical figurehead to appear out of thin air and kick start another SOH campaign.

Does that satisfy you as to the curtness of my initial response?

Drylaw Hearts

Are the meetings between JKB and representatives of the club no longer taking place?

In a word redjambo.......

No.

Probably down to a complete lack of interest from those who 'engineered' these meeting in the first place.

ToadKiller Dog
A rational approach should be taken first and if there is still no answers to the concerns or concrete plans for the club revealed then another coarse of action needs to be taken.
quote from Drylaw Hearts

More reason why if you feel so strongly about the need for change that yourself ,Jammy T ,JR etc should get involved with Team Peter and steer it in a more rational direction ,you can either take over the peter protest and steer towards something more sensible like a rally where yourself or others like minded can put forward the case for change to a decent amount of actual active fans .

I think if you changed it from a protest to a rally you would get a less hostile acceptance ,all thats needed is a megaphone and a pocket full of ideas .

there is plenty you can do ,build team peter use it to agitate the supporters groups .

If those wanting removal of Vlad are as passionate in real life as there Internet persona points to i cant see why you would not be willing to do as much ? .

Colonel Kurtz
Well the obvious solution to that JR is to follow that up & find out why - maybe it was 'confidential' business that couldn't and shouldn't be publicly revealed - clubs sign confidential transfer agreements where the amount paid is 'undisclosed' which means it's a confidential amount between the parties involved - the amounts were included in the accounts and verified by the auditors - you previously said on at least 2 or 3 occassions this came up that you would personally write to Campbell Ogilvie seeking some answers but never reported back your findings - if you bothered to write & ask that is - and if you didn't then maybe nobody else did either?

abject nonsense and you know it

there is no such thing as confidential payments in respect of published accounts

what next an sub section entitled bungs and bribes

The accounts were not unreservedly signed off

Nail on head again DH

Today's problems at the club are a direct result of the domino effect that VR started the day he took over an 80% share in Hearts and.......well we all know the rest.

What we don't know is WHY!

It is fair to say that the issues surrounding the questions that I (and presumably every other fan) would like answered, would be better placed at an AGM/EGM or some other official gathering. But when similar issues have been raised at shareholders meetings in the past, some questions have been censored or vetoed and subsequently no direct answers have ever given.

Something that the media was aware of and were able to report on, (i.e. an organised protest) would surely force some kind of a reaction from the BOD.

Don't for one minute think i'm in peter's camp of jumping up and down outside the main stand after the tic game and then telling banderson at the EEN all about it ("Ah just telt um Barry eh.... Haw Vlad! yur a c@ck by ra way!!! An he pure clammed up an said nuhin"......Wot??.... No Romanov?.....Well who wis it then?)

but some way of drawing all fans issues out into the open an maybe getting some dialogue going would have to be a positive step Yes??

In a word redjambo.......

No.

Probably down to a complete lack of interest from those who 'engineered' these meeting in the first place.

That's a pity because it certainly looks as if there are questions that need answering. Perhaps interested individuals on JKB should arrange one of these meetings (the contacts should already be in place) so that the club has the opportunity to address some of the valid points made in this and other threads?

HEARTS FOREVER
Thanks for the reply, i have not made fun out of what you have said, i have though given a differing opinion on some of your points.

Can you tell me though, how are you going to convey these thoughts over whilst standing behind the main stand?

Hope you didn't work too hard.:2thumbsup:

Firstly my point regarding the manager is that Vladimir Romanov cant seem to pick a decent one, he is costing the club money by making mistake after mistake, surely you must agree?

Fans were willing to give Burley a chance but he sacked him. All the other managers have been pretty poor either by their own mistakes or following the ones from upstairs, either way the buck stops with the owner.

Even if he picks the team or not he has made huge finacial errors in this department from almost day one.

Then you say shouting about the past wont help?

I really dont get this statement you use, why not shout about the past? nothing has changed from 'the past'.

Its a bit of a nothing statemant IMO mate and doesnt really debate or answer what i said.

You blame the manager for the poor football yeah?

Who employed that man?

Who employed all the other diddy managers on our journey to oblivion?

Has VR given Csaba every bit of help he could have?

VR has stated that the strikers CL has put forward of not of the required calibre and that money was not holding him back from signing a striker.

Didnt he?

What way is that to run a football club?

You mock shouting behind the stand, what do you think will make the situation better Gambo? whats your ideas? what are you willing to do? Nothing?

You also dispute his lack of interest. What do you think he is doing Gambo? please explain? because all i see is a debt that it increasing by the day, two years of stadium planning up in the air and a football team that lacks any quality whatsoever and is very close to the bottom of a very poor league.

I see a manager that rightly or wrongly is activley trying to engineer a way out of the club and a man that seems exasperated by Romanov just like every one of the previous managers. When Hearts were winning he was there every week now he no longer attends matches. He has lost his interest in watching Hearts its a fact. A man with that type of money can pretty much do what he likes in life. He has a phone, a laptop etc etc and im sure he could delegate his buisness interests for an hour and a half on saturday like the rest of us.The man has lost interest Gambo. Accept it and move on!:smiley2:

HEARTS FOREVER

How do you get it when its not forthcoming?

What do you do then?

Because IMO thats the stage we are at with Romanov

portobellojambo1

I'm assuming any amount you are referring to within this part of your statement is not referring to a transfer payment CB. While I do accept that some transfers are made under the guise of an "undisclosed sum" that figure is only undisclosed in that it is not released into the public domain at the time of transfer, however it would have to appear in the clubs accounts.

I am guessing the confidential business you are referring to is some other transaction(s). Again these may have been not for the public domain at the time any such payments were made, but if they were paid out by the club again these would have to appear in the club accounts (unless VR paid them out his own pocket, in which case they wouldn't appear anywhere), and if such amounts were challenged/questioned it would seem fair/logical that an answer other than "no comment" should be expected.

Charlie-Brown
abject nonsense and you know it

there is no such thing as confidential payments in respect of published accounts

what next an sub section entitled bungs and bribes

The accounts were not unreservedly signed off

I think you are getting your years mixed up CK - the most recent accounts were not unreservedly signed off because UBIG hadn't provided sufficient information about how they would meet HMFC debt obligations - nothing to do with the previous years players registrations issue - which DH wrongly in my opinion ascribes to the amount of FBK Kaunas players that ended up at Hearts - in my opinion the amount more probably reflects the amounts paid for the transfer & loans of Pinilla, Kingston, Aguiar, Goncalves & Bednar who all signed HMFC contracts in that year but that was what some shareholders like JR could have pursued to find out but didn't as far as iam aware of ... maybe somebody could ask again although it's getting to be old business by now.

Charlie-Brown
I'm assuming any amount you are referring to within this part of your statement is not referring to a transfer payment CB. While I do accept that some transfers are made under the guise of an "undisclosed sum" that figure is only undisclosed in that it is not released into the public domain at the time of transfer, however it would have to appear in the clubs accounts.

I am guessing the confidential business you are referring to is some other transaction(s). Again these may have been not for the public domain at the time any such payments were made, but if they were paid out by the club again these would have to appear in the club accounts (unless VR paid them out his own pocket, in which case they wouldn't appear anywhere), and if such amounts were challenged/questioned it would seem fair/logical that an answer other than "no comment" should be expected.

I meant that the player transfers/registrations were all aggregated PJ1 - they wasn't a break down into amounts of who'd signed for how much etc not even in the notes - it was just a blanket sum as far as i can remember.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I've read this thread from start to finish and realised once again why there's no point in protesting.

We couldn't agree on what day it is

portobellojambo1
Surely not ...:nah:

At least it makes it more understandable why he runs about with a permanent feckin grin on his face. Miss a sitter against, Aberdeen, miss a sitter against St Johnstone, feck up defensively versus St Johnstone, **** about every other week doing as little as possible but keep on smiling, because that ?7.5K will still be in your bank account at the end of the week.

I've read this thread from start to finish and realised once again why there's no point in protesting.

We couldn't agree on what day it is

Of course we could. It's Tuesday. :2thumbsup:

Surely not ...:nah:

I can't prove it, and wouldn't really want to either.

But I was replying to a post who suggested that Obua was on between ?1,500 - ?2,500 max and that's not what I heard.

By The Light..

Peter, I heard your bit on Real Radio on Monday I think it was, admittedly only because you were on first. I can't stand listening to the ongoing love-in between the presenters amongst themselves and then the endless dissection on the latest old squirm non-issues.

You came across really well and I thought, good on you!

However I think 20th December might be a bad time;

1. we've just played the tic and might well have won the match, everybody will be temporarily delirious.

2. there is always hope that January will see an improvement in the squad.

Now 27th January after the sheep game could be different proposition if;

1. we are out of the Scottish Cup

2. flirting with a relegation battle

3. sold Wallace and Driver and brought in nobody or worse, Obua's wee brother who wanted to be a high jumper but stood in the wrong queue.

At least it makes it more understandable why he runs about with a permanent feckin grin on his face. Miss a sitter against, Aberdeen, miss a sitter against St Johnstone, feck up defensively versus St Johnstone, **** about every other week doing as little as possible but keep on smiling, because that ?7.5K will still be in your bank account at the end of the week.

I can't bear seeing him play for us.

If that rumoured salary is even half right - ie he is getting paid half the rumoured amount - then the club are totally off their trolley.

And people say that the manager hasn't been backed with money!

Charlie-Brown

If he was trialled at West Ham prior to signing for us then him earning somewhere between ?5K-?10K per week wouldn't surprise me if it was true - especially given how much the manager rated him.

I can't prove it, and wouldn't really want to either.

But I was replying to a post who suggested that Obua was on between ?1,500 - ?2,500 max and that's not what I heard.

Not getting at you.

But if the club are paying him 25k per month even before all other associated costs it is costing about 850 season ticket holders their full contribution to the coffers. Anyone think he is value for that money?:hang:

And anyone want to protest that there isn't enough money available in the player budget?

Drylaw Hearts
What if the motive for posting was a petulant attack?

I jest.....

However it sounds like he is more than happy to sit back and bitch about the state of the club on here and wait for something 'better' than the current 'protest' to come along, rather than seeing how he can support this first attempt. Perhaps the problem is that a figurehead for a new SOH campaign will not step forward until it appears to be showing signs of momentum, which will not happen with people like DH sitting on here and waiting for a fantastical figurehead to appear out of thin air and kick start another SOH campaign.

That's actually a good point Tucks.

I think anyone who is concerned about how the club is being run and/or what lies ahead for us considering the debt that is hanging over the club really needs to come forward asap.

What about you ?

Unless I've missed it - I haven't seen you opinion on our situation and whether or not it warrants a group to seek talks with the owners.

Not getting at you.

But if the club are paying him 25k per month even before all other associated costs it is costing about 850 season ticket holders their full contribution to the coffers. Anyone think he is value for that money?:hang:

And anyone want to protest that there isn't enough money available in the player budget?

To be honest, I don't feel that comfortable speculating but I heard he was on that sort of money.

Csaba brought him over as his big annoucement signing, from South Africa, billed as their 'player of the year', and 'chased' by West Ham.

Obua has been a total waste of money no matter what he's on.

Drylaw Hearts
How do you get it when its not forthcoming?

What do you do then?

Because IMO thats the stage we are at with Romanov

Who's to say it's not forthcoming ?

When was the last time any of the aforementioned groups spoke to someone at length about our situation ?

If the club aren't willing to talk and answer questions then a protest may well be the next step.

Drylaw Hearts
I think you are getting your years mixed up CK - the most recent accounts were not unreservedly signed off because UBIG hadn't provided sufficient information about how they would meet HMFC debt obligations - nothing to do with the previous years players registrations issue - which DH wrongly in my opinion ascribes to the amount of FBK Kaunas players that ended up at Hearts - in my opinion the amount more probably reflects the amounts paid for the transfer & loans of Pinilla, Kingston, Aguiar, Goncalves & Bednar who all signed HMFC contracts in that year but that was what some shareholders like JR could have pursued to find out but didn't as far as iam aware of ... maybe somebody could ask again although it's getting to be old business by now.

I have no doubt that FBK Kaunas will have made a healthy profit from Hearts in the last 5 years.

That is wrong.

Why should FBK pay ?500,000 for a player, we pay his salary and accomodation, give him a car etc and when we sign him permanently we pay more than they paid ?

I have no actual proof of this happening but I would bet my last buck that it has and on numerous occassions.

However I think 20th December might be a bad time;

1. we've just played the tic and might well have won the match, everybody will be temporarily delirious.

2. there is always hope that January will see an improvement in the squad.

Now 27th January after the sheep game could be different proposition if;

1. we are out of the Scottish Cup

2. flirting with a relegation battle

3. sold Wallace and Driver and brought in nobody or worse, Obua's wee brother who wanted to be a high jumper but stood in the wrong queue.

Good idea BJ (lol)

If i were one of the 20-60 protestors, I would want you to take over from Peter, he is not doing a good job.

Your dates make much more sense mate, Peter needs a man like you.

You probably have no interest in doing such a thing, I dont blame you.

HEARTS FOREVER
Who's to say it's not forthcoming ?

When was the last time any of the aforementioned groups spoke to someone at length about our situation ?

If the club aren't willing to talk and answer questions then a protest may well be the next step.

How many times have there been 'talks' over the last three years!!

Its not been forthcoming and when there is any sort of meeting its either lies or jibberish, there is no talking to Romanov.

The man doesnt even attend the AGM to answer questions, he sends his boy and all we get from him is a lot of arrogance and patronising rubbish.

IMO we are at that 'next step' NOW and its high time people on this forum got it into their heads and stopped wasting time looking for 'talks'

Charlie-Brown

Its not been forthcoming and when there is any sort of meeting its either lies or jibberish, there is no talking to Romanov.

The man doesnt even attend the AGM to answer questions, he sends his boy and all we get from him is a lot of arrogance and patronising rubbish.

IMO we are at that 'next step' NOW and its high time people on this forum got it into their heads and stopped wasting time looking for 'talks'

But that is only your opinion HF - some people agree with you, some don't and no doubt many will fall somewhere in between - people will make up their own minds.

What are your solutions or proposals?

Drylaw Hearts

I only recall a couple of talks that actually included VR.

Anyway....

A protest will only happen if the next 3 results are crap and our SPL position is bottom 3.

Be honest mate....If we win against Celtic there isn't a chance you or anyone else will protest behind the main stand.

Because of our current situation we won't get another buyer any time soon so what do we do ?

What are we actually planning to shout about ?

Archived