please join in the protest

sneakypete

erm, maybe because i class myself as one of the hearts fans.

In which case you'd say "us" or "we". Thanks for confirming.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeh whatever, i'm not wasting my cyber breath on this thread anymore. i've said what i had to say and will bow out with my crediblity as a concerned supporter still intact.

Had we lost on Saturday the OP's plans wouldn't have been so quickly rubbished imo.

If that is the case, protesting about the way the club is run, why does it matter if we won/drew or lost on Saturday in regards to the timing of a protest? Surely that should only come into it if it was Csaba we were protesting about?

Seymour M Hersh
Great shout DD - I mentioned this a while back in another thread.

Obviously they believe things are hunky dory with our wee fitba' club:hang:

I doubt anyone thinks that. Are you going to be protesting with the OP?

There are only two groups going to be delighted by this pishy wee protest and thats The Sun and The Daily Record! They can make it out to be something its not, use it as a dig at Hearts, its fans and especially Romanov.

Don't you remmber the embarrasment of watching the Russian hat being kicked about all over the papers and news.

Man Utd fans set up Manchester FC in protest, if you want to make a protest why not start attending Tynecastle Star games. But please note Man Utd signed a few players, went on to win the leaue and the capacity crowds have continued.

In other words football fans are fickle, there was no protest last seson or 2006, if Hearts are winning the fans are happy. For all we know you could protest by watcing Tynecastle Star, Hearts could sign a striker and go on to win the Scottish Cup. Would you be at the Tynecastle Star end of season game at Saughton or Hampden????

I am not saying things are rosy, they are really ****, but shouting along with a group of around 20 kids aint going to improve a thing because their is no plan B I am afraid. The last plan B was Pat Munro who owns a plumbing company, I wonder where we would be now if he had taken over given all construction is on its arse!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Morning all

Can I just say this thread is comedy gold and is destined for the classic board! :laugh::2thumbsup:

So has the OP come back and explained in a clear and concise manner what he is protesting about and what his objectives are?

I need to know, so I can decide whether to join him or not after the game with my bag of hats.

So Peter...

Why did you decide to air this on a channel that hardly any Hearts fans listen to and even less like, to a presenter who turned his back on our club and is a known OF sypathising appologist?

Also what do you propose we campaign for exactly? :th_o:

What a very closed-minded view on things. I think a correction is in order: Very little JKB users admit to listening to it.

The JKB makes up a very small percentage of Hearts fans and I'm sure most people who criticise it are merely jumping on the bandwagon.

The OP does himself no favours with his "cut and run" tactics. Nearly 300 posts later and he's yet to clarify anything or even return to the thread!

Looks like a complete time waster to me.

The OP does himself no favours with his "cut and run" tactics. Nearly 300 posts later and he's yet to clarify anything or even return to the thread!

Looks like a complete time waster to me.

Would you come back after being slaughtered the way the OP has?

so what is the solution to our predicament. i and others have given our opinion. a lot of posters are quick to criticize but have no ideas for a cure.

i ask you what you think the protest of pish will achieve and you reply with a question of your own.

ok that's super... i can now fully understand the reasons for the POP. well done.

you and your sort are just pishing against the wind pal. you're too busy rampaging about the place full of undirected indignation that you can't see the end of your own nose. there is no "predicament". we are in the same situation as we were when we had a far better team and won the scottish cup. the unlucky truth is that we no longer have as good a team because times are tough financially. you could argue that the football side of the club is being run better now than it was in 2006 because romanov no longer gets involved in selection of teams.

the unhappy truth for you and your cohorts is that you don't have the first idea of what you're protesting about and therefore you can't be taken seriously. i bet you're the sort to scream the place down about making expensive signings and yet you scream the place down about the club racking up large debts.

good luck with the protest, you'll achieve **** all.

or... you could just be a hobo ****wit like some of the others say.

either way, i don't give a ****.

Yes, of course I would, if I believed in what I was doing. Detractors can easily be ignored.

Ah right - VR will be petrified of a protest group whose "leader" can't take a bit of criticism or is even prepared to put his views across.

If the guy is serious - and I have serious doubts about this - he's not exactly gathering support is he?

The first post asks for support in the protest.

It isn't clear what we are being asked to support ie protest against.

Some would presumably like to protest against the players wearing white socks. Some that the club is spending too much money on players, some thinking that it spends too little on players. Some want VR out whatever happens - some want an alternative. Some support VR strongly. Some want the hospitality steak pies to be available in the kiosks for the hoi polloi.

I guess that this protest won't be too effective.

i ask you what you think the protest of pish will achieve and you reply with a question of your own.

ok that's super... i can now fully understand the reasons for the POP. well done.

you and your sort are just pishing against the wind pal. you're too busy rampaging about the place full of undirected indignation that you can't see the end of your own nose. there is no "predicament". we are in the same situation as we were when we had a far better team and won the scottish cup. the unlucky truth is that we no longer have as good a team because times are tough financially. you could argue that the football side of the club is being run better now than it was in 2006 because romanov no longer gets involved in selection of teams.

the unhappy truth for you and your cohorts is that you don't have the first idea of what you're protesting about and therefore you can't be taken seriously. i bet you're the sort to scream the place down about making expensive signings and yet you scream the place down about the club racking up large debts.

And that is the problem. People are so anti Vlad, they just have a rant about nothing, rather than actually putting up a reasoned argument, which if they did, may actually win support from the so called 'Vlad Sheep'.

The truth is, Vlad has arsed up many time, we all know this, but not every time. Many of the issues we are facing are being faced by many other clubs and many of the issues are not Vlad's fault.

In addition, what happens if he does go - will we find a bank who are as tolereant when it comes to our debt? I dobut it - especially now so mnay are significantly owned by the tax payer. Even Rangers are having the whip cracked on them.

kingantti1874

Seiously, curious that all the peotesters have very low post counts, I'm

not normally one for the hobo bandwagon but there is so much **** on this thread this is defo a hobo organised wind up

Says it all really!

HEARTS FOREVER
No, it's not - he's on HW every other week and has a weekly column in the EEN.

Indeed he is, but he never says anything regarding the way the club is being run.

Yet it wasnt so long ago you couldnt keep Gary out of the papers etc giving everyone his 'seal of approval' on everything Romanov.

At least Foulkes had the bollocks to admit he had made a mistake.

Instead GM draws a wage from Lithuania,and now says nothing as the Hearts fans suffer.

If that is the case, protesting about the way the club is run, why does it matter if we won/drew or lost on Saturday in regards to the timing of a protest? Surely that should only come into it if it was Csaba we were protesting about?

Purely down to the sheer fickleness of the support.

The mood on this board changes on a weekly basis, it's just strange to see a thread like this on a week we picked up 3 points.

HEARTS FOREVER
Aye HF, but one of you holds the appearance record for HMFC and was inducted into the HoF at the first attempt. Debatable?

All legends are debatable.

Particularly GM imo.

The Old Tolbooth
Ewen Ewen is that you Ewen ?

It cant possibly be Ewen Camerhun, he doesn't give a rats arse about Heart of Midlothian FC, whereas sneakypete obviously does, which is why he cares enough to try to drum up support for a protest of some sorts, whilst at the same time knowing that he'll take abuse from the usual suspects on here.

This is a message board for people to air opinions, all Pete's doing is airing his opinion, if people don't like it then there's really no need to be abusive towards him.

portobellojambo1
the point of the protest is obvious to me, it is to let the custodians, the management team, the players and staff know that the fan are not happy...........but we do want him to listen and give us back a club to be proud of once again....naw?

The answer to the second part is yes, but guess what, various groups and individuals have already met with Vladimir Romanov, and already put over this point in a much more eloquent manner than I suspect will be the case post the Celtic match.

Any Hearts fan than doesn't already realise that the only person Vladimir Romanov listens to is his mother (she, being the driving force behind UKIO Bankas), and that is not by choice, but because it is the way things are done in that neck of the woods.

If the various groups/individuals who, over the course of time, have spent time discussing Hearts with Mr Romanov honestly felt that that was actually the wrong approach, and a behind the stands protest was the best way to get the point across, don't you think such a protest would have taken place a long time ago. All such a protest is going to achieve is to give the passing Celtic fans something to laugh about.

Mr Romanov will do things his way, whether we like it or not, if you play with the devil you have to play by his rules unfortunately. Until such time as a viable alternative comes along, i.e. a businessman/group who are able to both run the club and either clear/service the existing debt we have no alternative. It is fine to say we could start from scratch again (something even I've supported in the past) but reality is now there may not be a scratch to start from, assuming big bits and pieces have to be sold to realise cash and clear off the debt.

As for the bit in the original post making reference to Gary Mackay, I'm still trying to work that out. I'm assuming it was the meeting held the best part of two years ago now (don't think it was last January) that is being referred to, the content of which was made available both on here and on the official website). If sneakypete honestly thinks Gary Mackay is hiding something would it not be better if he (Sneakypete) approached him civilly and engaged him in a worthwhile conversation to establish the facts. What I do believe is Gary Mackay has an opinion, but that makes him no different from any other Hearts fan.

In finishing I, personally, think people would support a protest if what is put to them included a workable alternative, standing behind the stand after the Celtic match will achieve the square root of feck all.

Bannon's cannon

Instead GM draws a wage from Lithuania,and now says nothing as the Hearts fans suffer.

You need to have a word wi yourself pal.

Indeed he is, but he never says anything regarding the way the club is being run.

Yet it wasnt so long ago you couldnt keep Gary out of the papers etc giving everyone his 'seal of approval' on everything Romanov.

At least Foulkes had the bollocks to admit he had made a mistake.

Of course you're right HF. This was taken from Gary's EEN column 3 weeks ago - don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion though.

I HAVE to admit I am beginning to concern myself with the stewardship of the football club at the very top. It's becoming a real issue. I think all the Hearts supporters are now questioning themselves over where the real problems at the club lie.

And that is the problem. People are so anti Vlad, they just have a rant about nothing, rather than actually putting up a reasoned argument, which if they did, may actually win support from the so called 'Vlad Sheep'.

The truth is, Vlad has arsed up many time, we all know this, but not every time. Many of the issues we are facing are being faced by many other clubs and many of the issues are not Vlad's fault.

In addition, what happens if he does go - will we find a bank who are as tolereant when it comes to our debt? I dobut it - especially now so mnay are significantly owned by the tax payer. Even Rangers are having the whip cracked on them.

agreed.

i've yet to see a worthwhile plan of action to persuade romanov to make concessions or to alter the way he runs the club. people can drool about "forcing him to sell the club" all they want but when news filters back to their home planets that romanov has politely told them to bugger off they might then consider that it's a little more complex than that.

boycotts?

talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. romanov isn't the sort of man to concede to threats. all boycotts achieve is to harm the club financially still further.

the only sensible way ahead is to continue supporting the club as far as is humanly possible and to pursue a conversation with the hierarchy through whatever channels are open at any given time.

the reality is that we are disenfranchised and there's nothing we can do but to sit down and go along for the ride.

Rotherham Jambo

I've not read the whole thread (only the first page during the afternoon) but fair play to the original poster.

If you are going to protest, can you ask for a refund for the shambles that was St. Johnstone and Falkirk at home.....not to mention St. Mirren away.

I've written the Euro's off that I spent in Europe.

Can you tell us what you are protesting about and what your aims are then?

maybe it's a 'secret santa' protest. folk get to find out what it was all about after they take part.

a lucky dip protest. fingers crossed everyone.

kingantti1874

Yet another low post protest supporter! I can just imagaine the hobos creaming themselves and there co-ordinated infiltration of jkb! **** off you tramps...They've probably been planning it for weeks..

Always in our shadow

FTH

I've written the Euro's off that I spent in Europe.

Croatia isn't in the Yooro.

agreed.

i've yet to see a worthwhile plan of action to persuade romanov to make concessions or to alter the way he runs the club. people can drool about "forcing him to sell the club" all they want but when news filters back to their home planets that romanov has politely told them to bugger off they might then consider that it's a little more complex than that.

boycotts?

talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. romanov isn't the sort of man to concede to threats. all boycotts achieve is to harm the club financially still further.

the only sensible way ahead is to continue supporting the club as far as is humanly possible and to pursue a conversation with the hierarchy through whatever channels are open at any given time.

the reality is that we are disenfranchised and there's nothing we can do but to sit down and go along for the ride.

Whilst getting over our discontent with the present state of the club might be difficult to get over to Romanov - there are things that could be done to give him a little nudge that most of the support are less than happy with the present state of affairs. That would involve boycotting the merchandise being offered by the club. I don't know that pitchforks and burning torches will make much of a difference to him. Finding a genuine buyer for the club is the only solution - but there certainly does not appear to be one on the horizon just now.

yes folks it was me on real radio last night , am trying to organise a protest at the celtic game as am sick of the board plus gary mackay who seems to know more than hes letting on as last summer gary went to kaunas for a meeting with the coward and was told of his visions for our club anyway am no ****ing hobo and love hearts like my son so am going to be outside the main stand after the game protesting at the whole of the board remmeber vlads niece is on the board and reports back to him, have also got a piece going in the een the friday before the game to drum up support as the more the merrier , i just want to get the message across that we are not a ****ing toy thats gonna get dumped cos the owners lost intrest , you may think that he,ll no here about it well for me its only the ****ing beginning as i have friends who work at the balmoral hotel that will let me know when hes in town and i,ll be outside the hotel lettong him no what i think of way of dealings is , anyway please help me and some others on the day as this is OUR CLUB thanks peter

Hi,

I will not be joining your protest because -

A: I dont think you have even thought through what you're actually protesting about. What do you actually hope to achieve?

B: You sound like a complete moron.

Nucky Thompson
Croatia isn't in the Yooro.
Anyone who was there wouldn't have made that mistake:smiley2:

Dougie Masterton

Don't know whether to watch the Man utd game or continue reading this thread.........................hilarious.:hat2:

Don't know whether to watch the Man utd game or continue reading this thread.........................hilarious.:hat2:

Multi-task man!:2thumbsup:

its only the ****ing beginning as i have friends who work at the balmoral hotel that will let me know when hes in town

Mr Romanov uses one of two hotels when he is in town, neither of them are the Balmoral.

Agreed , every bam and his dog are online it would seem. Great stuff chaps.

portobellojambo1
Agreed , every bam and his dog are online it would seem. Great stuff chaps.

I don't have a dog. :tooth:

i hope that the board at least listen to the fans for once and give us a statement to what is actually happening instead of bull**** . i am hoping to at least hear something postive from our board who many think the sun shines out of there arse and am willing to do something i.e. protest at the running of my beloved club instead of doing nothing . we should at least be united instead of bickering and only used real radio and een ti drum up support . am not trying to upset any fans ,just want thye board to realise that were no mugs

This thread is a belter. :biggrin:

But I'm going to be serious for a moment and say that if the OP is genuine about starting a protest, this experience may have led him to realise that he's going to have to shape up and work out how he intends to communicate the idea effectively to Hearts supporters. Without fully formed ideas and a coherent plan, he's not going to find himself attracting much more than the lunatic fringe. This message board can be merciless at times but at the end of the day, it is (mostly) jampacked full of Jambos...a good number of whom would undoubtedly be interested in hearing about ways to make their views known if the method of doing so was appropriate. There are currently 1000 people sitting online waiting to be informed about the protest - some may not think JKB is 'representative' but don't be daft enough to suggest it's not a good way of communicating with Jambos.

As for this press interview thing you have happening Peter....just remember they're not giving you the time of day because they sympathise with you, they agree with the reasons behind the protest or because they want to help you. They're doing it because they like anything that reflects badly on our club and will use it as an opportunity to pile pressure on an under-confident bunch of players, a manager who's losing his hair by the day, and a thoroughly depressed and frazzled support. If you're going to do this, please make sure the story comes from your reasons for protest and your rational demands...not the fact that the support are falling apart at the seams to the extend that some have taken it upon themselves to lose their marbles in public and scream obscenities at windows round the back of the Main Stand.

Whilst getting over our discontent with the present state of the club might be difficult to get over to Romanov - there are things that could be done to give him a little nudge that most of the support are less than happy with the present state of affairs. That would involve boycotting the merchandise being offered by the club. I don't know that pitchforks and burning torches will make much of a difference to him. Finding a genuine buyer for the club is the only solution - but there certainly does not appear to be one on the horizon just now.

not having a go mate but i think it unlikely that the non-purchase of a few (albeit incredibly extortionate) pies, crisps and colas will have romanov on his knees begging for absolution.

finding a new buyer the solution? i wouldn't hold out too much hope for that for fear of disappointment. the particular circumstances would sems to point to a rather prolonged ownership of the club by one vladimir romanov.

'till death do us part maybe.

Oh, Do Tell. :)

pitchfork-photo.jpg

I think one used to be The Carlton on North Bridge.

I'd guess the other one is The Crowne Plaza ( old Scandic on the High St).

No idea though, just a guess.

Charming to see the usual suspects ripping someone up for arsepaper for their own amusement and self justification. Its threads like this that define JKB these days./

Anyway to the protest.

With apologies to the OP I will not be joining your protest. Why ?

1. No matter where this idiot takes us,I cannot think of any protest action that would be supported by a significant number of fans. The vast majority would do nothing and the most of the remainder wouldn't do anything until it was far too late

2. I cannot think of any protest action, even one that was supported 100% that would get rid of Romanov AND, more importantly, not be a threat to the very existence of Heart of Midlothian FC

If Romanov takes Heart of Midlothian FC to extinction (and lets face it there is far more chance of that than him taking us to the league title or the Champions league groups stages) there are prominent posters on here who would bend over backwards to justify his actions. Thats a fact and whilst that sort of mentality still persists to any great extent you'd be better off going to the Merchy after the game rather than hanging about in the cold.

Archived